Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,716 members, 7,882,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:30 AM

What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? (304610 Views)

Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari / Attention To Rise In Earpiece Related Accidents / Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Sunofgod(m): 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2011
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In  Rank In The Nigerian Army?

[size=14pt]You must be: [/size]

Passionate about murder,

Willing to kill for fun - including your friends,

[img]http://2.bp..com/_j82KWR_Gj8g/TG1NQ053HCI/AAAAAAAAAWA/0MA3rph1HvI/s1600/Nigeria_Ibrahim+Badamasi+Babangida.jpg[/img]

And a cold hearted animal.

(These traits 'Appear' to be contained within the 'Genetic' make up of Northerners/Muslims - Just an observation)

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by jmaine: 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2011
grin grin grin . . . Ruthless trio
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by indigo1: 11:08pm On Jul 21, 2011
must of u are either just cheeky or are ignorant. not every 1 in the military is a combatant and needs to go to war. and what if u ve no wars to figth wont u promote people who are due? my broda if u want to join the nigerian army and be successful u ve no choice but to join the academy. nut i ll advise u to research well about the army cos u seem to be interested in only being rich n not interested in the job u ll b doing. but i will tell u its one challenging but rewarding institution to belong to. u need not cum frm the north or do boyh boy for any1. there is still a little merit in the military 4 good officers.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by mendax: 12:59am On Jul 22, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

1: Northerner (Fulani, Fulani/Hausa)
2: Educated and have Good-will of Hausa/Fulani Elite

grin  grin  grin  grin grin  grin They will never make that mistake ever again  grin

@lagerwhenindoubt, ezeUche and co; FYI i dont know where u people get the idea that u need to be a northerner to progress in the Nigerian Military? Last I checked The Army, Naval, Airforce chiefs are not northerners including the chief of Defence staff. Anyway, u are all entitled to ur belief.

@OP. The nigerian Armed forces is not like the police where u can get promoted for passing exams or foiling a robbery attack or some silly reason. In the armed forces, even if u go to War, u dont get promoted tilll u pass all ur exams and the time of ur promotion has reached. Meaning, there is a minimum time u MUST spend on each rank. Thats why BUZUGEE's story of his friend becoming a BRIG GEN in 10 yrs holds no water.

odumchi:

@ All

Thanks you everyone for your interesting and inciteful replies. From, your replies i take it that you must enter some type of officers candidacy school at some point or take a series of exams, and then emerge as an officer. This way seems more attractive than the original method I was told (Enter as a bodyguard and etc), but I see the time as a drawback. I will continue to think about this, and I will appreciate additional replies and etc.

PS
I would prefer the army rather than the airforce since Nigeria's areoplanes are obsolete. And I would have second thoughts about the navy since there are so many unique ways to die and Nigeria's navy is also a joke.
If it were within my power, I'd suggest that Nigeria send its generals and officers to foreign wars inorder to gain some serious experience (ie Cote D' Ivoire, Somalia, Sudan, Chad, etc.

FYI; Nigerian officers are presently deployed in Sudan, congo, Liberia, sierra leone etc and all those other places where UN peacekeepin operations are taking place. BTW, Since when has there been War in Chad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by odumchi: 2:43am On Jul 22, 2011
^^^
In those areas Nigeria operates under the UN or the West African Union, what I mean is real Nigerian military presence.
There was a civil war in Chad for some time as the fighting from Sudan spilled into Sudan.

I guess IG of police sounds good too
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by ektbear: 2:47am On Jul 22, 2011
Hehe

Whoever said coup had it right
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by mendax: 3:01am On Jul 22, 2011
odumchi:

^^^
In those areas Nigeria operates under the UN or the West African Union, what I mean is real Nigerian military presence.
There was a civil war in Chad for some time as the fighting from Sudan spilled into Sudan.

@odumchi, what does the boldened phrase mean? and BTW no country jumps into another just like that. You are here on Nairaland seeking to join the military, which means u dont know much about it. I dont think you are in the right position to judge the experience of Nigerian senior military officers. Have u heard of War College? Granted that they may not have much experience like US, UK military officers, but where have u seen real wars going on, with troops actually participating these days? Most places u see foreign troops now are UN operations, and the troops are carrying out some form of peace mission.

I guess IG of police sounds good too

What do u mean by the above? That the IG is from the north? Anyways, the police is not part of the Armed forces, thats why they are called CIVIL police!!
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by odumchi: 4:31am On Jul 22, 2011
^^^
Do not underestimate me. I am an expert on military issues and war but not neccessarily the inner workings of the Nigerian military. Second of all, Chad was funding a group of the rebels that were fighting in Sudan, and the two nations were at war for some time. WHta I meant was "as the fighting from Sudan spilled into Chad.". I am not looking to join the military I only asked a question. Secondly, there have been plenty of real wars in this decade: look at Georgia, Iraq, Afhanistan (the two previous arent conventional wars though).

I am in every position to judge my nations militarysince we are in a democracy.

The UN does not fight in wars, their troops are only there for peacekeeping and they never send any substantial number of troops into a warezone. The UN does not conduct any operations, their main goal is peacekeeping.

In the second quote, I was saying that IG of police sound slike a good occupation. In no way did i connect it to the Army. Infact im tired of cross examinations, please if you have no answers to my question or nothing useful, I'd prefer you reserve your comments.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by mendax: 5:18am On Jul 22, 2011
odumchi:

^^^
Do not underestimate me. I am an expert on military issues and war but not neccessarily the inner workings of the Nigerian military. Second of all, Chad was funding a group of the rebels that were fighting in Sudan, and the two nations were at war for some time. WHta I meant was "as the fighting from Sudan spilled into Chad.". I am not looking to join the military I only asked a question. Secondly, there have been plenty of real wars in this decade: look at Georgia, Iraq, Afhanistan (the two previous arent conventional wars though).

I am in every position to judge my nations militarysince we are in a democracy.

The UN does not fight in wars, their troops are only there for peacekeeping and they never send any substantial number of troops into a warezone. The UN does not conduct any operations, their main goal is peacekeeping.

In the second quote, I was saying that IG of police sound slike a good occupation. In no way did i connect it to the Army. Infact im tired of cross examinations, please if you have no answers to my question or nothing useful, I'd prefer you reserve your comments.

@ Alj

I am a very good tactician and I might be willing to persue a career in the Nigerian Army, but I do not know any majors, colonells, generals, or commanders. Is there hope?

@odumchi, I'm sorry, i didnt mean to insult ur intelligence but it was ur post that made me conclude u wanted to join the military.
Meanwhile, for the sake of enlightenment (and not cross exams), the UN doesnt send troops for only peacekeeping. Peacekeeping is just ONE out of other functions UN troops could find themselves performing. They could send troops for Peace Enforcement as was the case in Rwanda or when nigerian troops first entered conflict areas like Liberia (authorised by AU i think). The UN security council also authorizes other peace enforcement missions even if it doesnt directly send the troops, as is the case most recently in Libya (currently carried out by NATO)

Lastly, with regards ur comment on the IG of  police. there was no reference to the police in all ur recent posts (or anyone else's), so i just jumped to the conclusion u were reacting to my comments on the service chiefs, thats all. so sorry abt that
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by seunlayi(m): 9:01am On Jul 22, 2011
Be loyal, obedient and hard working.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by member479760: 11:09am On Jul 22, 2011
blow grammar well well!
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by passionate88: 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2011
if u re a northerner and a muslim.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by yemivictor: 12:39am On Jul 24, 2011
nakedall:

blow grammar well well!

Grammer ke?!? undecided
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by EzeUche(m): 12:46am On Jul 24, 2011
Sun of god:

Passionate about murder,

[img]http://2.bp..com/_j82KWR_Gj8g/TG1NQ053HCI/AAAAAAAAAWA/0MA3rph1HvI/s1600/Nigeria_Ibrahim+Badamasi+Babangida.jpg[/img]

(These traits 'Appear' to be contained within the 'Genetic' make up of Northerners/Muslims - Just an observation)

grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by bkbabe97y(m): 1:44am On Jul 24, 2011
You wanna rise fast in Nigerian Military Ranks, no? Ok, heres what to do. Always remember to Stand "Attention". Say "Yes,Sir" a lot. Then gather 450 of your closest Army buddies (Plus one Yoruba) kill all the political leaders of ethnic groups other than urs, then call it a "Joint effort" (i.e claim "other tribal groups were involved" in your dummy act . . . . remember that ONE Yoruba officer, right?). If you bungle the mission just cause a civil war, then you. . . . .

Oh wait, that didnt work for the dudes I'm thinking about. . . .

I'll get back to you on this one. Be patient. Brb

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Rhino5dm: 7:36am On Jul 24, 2011
Bunch'a ingnorant fooools displaying free-style mentality. . .
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Rhino5dm: 7:43am On Jul 24, 2011
you are just a pathetic eddiot to delibrately left Yakubu Gowan that kill 2 million Igbos in his civil war.
What more do you have to say about OBJ? Ishaya Bamaiyi, Musa Bamaiyi, General Aguiyi Ironsi(retarrded). . .Ethnic Bigot!

Sun of god:

Passionate about murder,

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Sunofgod(m): 10:21am On Jul 24, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

you are just a pathetic eddiot to delibrately left Yakubu Gowan that kill 2 million Igbos in his civil war.
What more do you have to say about OBJ? Ishaya Bamaiyi, Musa Bamaiyi, General Aguiyi Ironsi(retarrded). . .Ethnic Bigot!

Silly Chap,

Why do you have a problem digesting the truth?

Anyway, to appease you here's another 'snap' - Hope your happy now.

Being 'Trickish' or like a 'Snake' Also Help Getting You Promoted In The Nigerian Army.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Rhino5dm: 11:14am On Jul 24, 2011
^Thanks. Those guys are all rogues and i think they should all be demonize.

NOTE: I despise IBB and ABACHA with everything i have but leaving OUT OBJ makes a mockery of the point you are trying to make. Yakubu Gowon & TY Danjuma are sets of beast. Carry GO!
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Sunofgod(m): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^Thanks. Those guys are all rogues and i think they should all be demonize.

NOTE: I despise IBB and ABACHA  with everything i have but leaving OUT OBJ makes a mockery of the point you are trying to make. Yakubu Gowon & TY Danjuma are sets of beast. Carry GO!

No Wahala. . . . .

No doubt 'OBJ' is a Snake/Chameleon/Reptilian.

But please note: I cant throw 'Gowon' in there because as far as I'm concerned he was a victim of 'circumstances'.

Despite everything, I have a little respect for him - He did what he was forced to do (Kill - or be Killed)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by jmaine: 11:38am On Jul 24, 2011
So Buhari and IBB are common denominators of a ruthless streak to stardom . . . Nice lectures S.O.G cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Rhino5dm: 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2011
What do you know about the military, you this Daddy llttle's baby? For your info there is nothing like 'GOODLUCK' in the army. Every moves must be calculated and there is no room for dummies shouting 'goof-LUCK' where ever they go. Fill a military recruitment form, I dare YOU!
jmaine:

So Buhari and IBB are common denominators of a ruthless streak to stardom . . . Nice lectures S.O.G cheesy cheesy
What do you know about the military, you this Daddy llttle's baby? For your info there is nothing like 'GOODLUCK' in the army. Every moves must be calculated and there is no room for dummies shouting 'goof-LUCK' where ever they go. Fill a military recruitment form, I dare YOU!
jmaine:

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by jmaine: 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

What do you know about the military, you this Daddy llttle's baby? For your info there is nothing like 'GOODLUCK' in the army. Every moves must be calculated and there  is no room for dummies shouting 'goof-LUCK' where ever they go. Fill a military recruitment form, I dare YOU! 

You are sounding incoherent son . . .your desires to always sound tough is indeed amusing . . stop playing your "I was in the army" cheap line  . . Your god, Buhari is a mean animal whether you like it or not . . No apologies . . . i did rather have a clueless and docile Goodluck in your dictionary than your preferred mean [/b]calculated blood thirsty beast with absolute no brains whatsoever called Buhari . .

[b]Deploying of strategies is not an exclusively preserve for the Military . . .It runs in all facets of life . . .So what's is all this hinging on calculated move all about
. . My Grand Dad is a retired Colonel . . . My uncle is currently a wing commander in the Airforce, and i can proudly say one of the best in his class  . . .My younger Brother just enrolled into NDA  . .So i must be in the military to know about the military  undecided  . . .besides, joining the crew was not far fetched as an option . . . but they know i have a phobia for the strict regimented military tradition . . . am a rebel naturally . . .and my going there won't last cos orders would be flouted irrespective of consequences .  . So take your dare to your filthy coupist Northern dogs . . . who put us in this current mess we have found ourselves in . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by ibraheemtolu: 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
Greetings to all the military men/women in here and noble civilians...

I have series of questions bugging my mind which i need people with genuine answers to please enlighten me.

1. Can i join the Nigerian Navy with a foreign degree? UK Bsc Information Technology, is there room for computer programmers/Analyst in the Navy.
2. Must i have a Nysc dispatch letter to enroll in the Navy.
3. Is it possible to do other personal duties aside from military work? Maybe 2-3hours a day
4. I heard there is always battle of superiority and segregation among regular officers and Dssc officers, ow true is that?
5. Are there special bonus and incentives that regular officers benefit from, that the Dssc don't benefit from?
6. What is the highest rank that a dssc officer can attain his entire navy service and how many years will it take?
7. I heard there is a rank you will attain in the Navy and you will still be entitled to your military guards and so on,what rank is that?
8. And lastly, Is it possible to migrate from a dssc officer to regular officer if u so desire a combat career?

I have always had the dream of wearing white-white right from secondary school, it became a passion, now its like an obsession. attempted Regular combatant cadet enrollment but wasn't successful so i pursued a university degree oversees, and willing to get back where my hearth belongs, which is the Nigerian Navy.

I need help on this,
Thanks In anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by santos4eva: 7:06pm On May 02, 2013
I wantd to join thru short service combatant, but bought the wrong pin (DSSC). Can I after screening change to Regular Combatant Corps and not Direct Regular Commission? I need advice please
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 02, 2013
buzugee: there are special cases. according to my family friend, it is very impt to have a GODFATHER. thats what he calls them. his rise to the top was very swift and meteoric. if you see him today, he still has a youthfull baby face and he is a brigadier general. it happens to some people. believe me this is someone who i know personally. his oyinbo mum (ok not quite oyinbo ) will bake guinness cake and take it to all the generals in NDA when dude was a student at NDA. everybody loved him there. they all wanted to be his godfather. if you see the guy today ? he has a home in miami. he travels to america and london regularly. if i drop his name some of you may know him sef.

I feel you're talking about Brig. Gen Okorie Affiah(NYSC DG)

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by amaben2020(m): 9:33am On May 29, 2013
seanet02: Try Getting one of the wife of your superiors and screw the hell out of her, intensional let the husband discover this when you are in the armoury and i promise you he will give you a rapid promotion to the world beyond
young man, you are a big fool for posting dis shit
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by naijafinder: 9:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
ibraheemtolu: Greetings to all the military men/women in here and noble civilians...

I have series of questions bugging my mind which i need people with genuine answers to please enlighten me.

1. Can i join the Nigerian Navy with a foreign degree? UK Bsc Information Technology, is there room for computer programmers/Analyst in the Navy.
3. Is it possible to do other personal duties aside from military work? Maybe 2-3hours a day
4. I heard there is always battle of superiority and segregation among regular officers and Dssc officers, ow true is that?
5. Are there special bonus and incentives that regular officers benefit from, that the Dssc don't benefit from?
6. What is the highest rank that a dssc officer can attain his entire navy service and how many years will it take?
7. I heard there is a rank you will attain in the Navy and you will still be entitled to your military guards and so on,what rank is that?
8. And lastly, Is it possible to migrate from a dssc officer to regular officer if u so desire a combat career?

I have always had the dream of wearing white-white right from secondary school, it became a passion, now its like an obsession. attempted Regular combatant cadet enrollment but wasn't successful so i pursued a university degree oversees, and willing to get back where my hearth belongs, which is the Nigerian Navy.

I need help on this,
Thanks In anticipation.

Someone should try to respond to this questions ask above.
Please the answer should be according to the question.
Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by ehissi(m): 6:15am On Nov 19, 2013
The comments coming out of this threads are loaded with a lot of fiction. Take note that the army, navy, airforce are just agencies under the ministry of defence so promotion for each set is done every 5 yrs Now (unlike yesteryears when it was 4yrs). And promotions are based on examination performance. Also there is quota system which is heavily competitive as certain number of officers from each region are promoted yearly so you will hold an office for a minimum of 4yrs, in the 5th year you will write exams and then get decorated by the end of the fifth year if you pass and make it through the quota selection for that year. If you pass but are not promoted, you will rewrite the exams again the next year and be promoted. If you fail the exams you will be given three chances after which you will be asked to retire. For every time you fail the exam, you will lose certain days of seniority which will b published (ranging from 60 days to 2yrs) Take note that the armed force is a commission so when you join determines your seniority. They can be two flight lieutenant in the airforce but one joined in 2004, the other joined in 2006. The 2004 officer is the senior and will be saluted by the 2006 officer even though they bear the same rank. Also you must remember that the armed forces are just federal agencies even if all the aircrafts of the army and navy (yes the navy has an airfleet) are in order you will not even want to fly because they far less ten percent of what commercial pilots earn in additional to your basic salary which is still federal pay anyhow you look at it; private sector workers in some sectors earn more. Not to mention the risk associated with flying foe the armed force which includes getting shot down by boko boys or Somali pirates. Except you have what we call a redneck (a red tag that is added to your collar as a part of you rank from colonel in the army, group captain in the airforce and equivalent rank in the navy and above); money is usually made from either foriegn missions (which in some cases come with the risk of you not returning back cause youwere missing in action - and that is for just hostile missions) or appointment eg you are made a director of education in the navy or a CO of a base or a financial officer (those in pay office rarely miss promotion) or you are a staff in the PAF ( presidential air fleet) or a sector commander or an officer in a sector handling conflict like those in the jtf or operation restore hope or stf. The navy is the envy and pride of the nigerian armed forces and even though the army is the mother force (meaning the other forces where cut out nd initially receiving training from army installations) the navy is seriously coming up and has surpassed the army in maintaining standards, the army is good but is heavily populated so there is so much politics from welfare to promotions, the politics is everywhere. The airforce also has got politics but do your best, gov them the standard and your rise us sure. I advise you join navy, you can't make it, try airforce, army should be a last resort. This thing I am telling you is what everybody knows that have interacted with the armed forces.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by ehissi(m): 7:15am On Nov 19, 2013
ibraheemtolu: Greetings to all the military men/women in here and noble civilians...

I need help on this,
Thanks In anticipation.

1) The prism program in the usa has posed an intelligence threat worldwide and has shown the neglect the armed forces has with respect to ICT so your degree give you serious advantage as there is massive demand for ICT personnel in the armed forces . As time progresses, ICT personnel will be used in hosting training as well as become key-policy makers for a solid info security, for now I seeweb programming as well as ICT training as the options.

2) Yes, NYSC is non-negotiable, Godfather or no Godfather.

3) Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

4) No, your senior is your senior. Except in the case of Godfatherism where a junior officer calls a senior officers to halt u with an order your junior is your junior whether DSSC or regular and must follow orders (is that clear).

5) Yes, regular's in some units (depending on availability ) are given special appointments locally e.g. OC PASS, CO, Base commanders etc. But since DDSSC are specialists they sometimes receive favour in specialised appointments both locally and internationallly e.g. Hospital and Military school commanders, foriegn missions, PAF ( Presidential air fleet) etc so it depends on available hands on deck with respect to training but it is to your advantage if your junior holds an appointment like CO or OC PASS because that means you get to boss him around if necessary.

6) REAR ADMIRAL, if you can maintain a clean record without buying Job, pass all promotion exams, and give them the standard where-ever you are. USually anybody DSSC or regular can be chief of army navy or air staff which is the highest attainable rank if you meet just one major condition. For airforce, you must be a pilot (whether DSSC or regular) and quota system and the political regime (The C-in-C) must favour you. Quota in the sense that they may decide that an igbo man must be chief of air staff and you are the only igbo trained pilot within the rank of air-commodore and above; that automatically makes you chief of airstaff. There is also age and years of service but that has been over-ruled by the C-in-c in many instances so it isn't a major factor. For navy you must be a naval pilot and be able to steer a vessel before you can reach the highest rank else rear admiral is your limit. Airforce If you aren't a pilot and age and politics is on your side, AVM -air vice marshal is your last bustop. Army, Lieutenant General is the highest that is chief of army staff, but you will most likely be a regular or in the infantry or armoury division else major-general is your highest.

7) YES, Commodore and above

cool As we speak, DSSC officers are in maiduguri and jos and Niger delta along side regulars fighting insurgency. DSSC don't need to convert that's why they are called Direct short service only short service convert to regular commission else they are pushed out of the service......

I hope I have answered satisfactorily

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by ehissi(m): 7:26am On Nov 19, 2013
mendax:

@odumchi, what does the boldened phrase mean? and BTW no country jumps into another just like that. You are here on Nairaland seeking to join the military, which means u dont know much about it. I dont think you are in the right position to judge the experience of Nigerian senior military officers. Have u heard of War College? Granted that they may not have much experience like US, UK military officers, but where have u seen real wars going on, with troops actually participating these days? Most places u see foreign troops now are UN operations, and the troops are carrying out some form of peace mission.

What do u mean by the above? That the IG is from the north? Anyways, the police is not part of the Armed forces, thats why they are called CIVIL police!!

You are wrong aboutthe police, they are an armed force (Whose boss the IG is a service chief) and like all armed forces their operations are determined by law which in Nigeria's case is determined by law as civil operations. In countries like Israel, the policeare used to fight insurgents,which is almost alien here in Nigeria, but Nigerian police have also been involvedin foriegn missions. Who do you think trained the Liberian nd sierra leonian police?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? by naijafinder: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
Please what the start up salary for Fresh graduate who want to join the Nigeria navy.
I heard if you join with your Bsc certificate you will be rank as second lieutenant. Please what the start up salary range?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures / Official Results Of Edo Governorship Election 2020 As Announced By INEC / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.