Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,748 members, 7,935,224 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 02:34 AM

Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries (397 Views)

Lagos: Funsho Doherty Dumps ADC, Defects To PDP / Tonto Dikeh Joins APC, Dumps ADC / Femi Majekodunmi Dumps ADC, Returns To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries by maupe: 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
Presidential aspirant of the African Democratic Congress, Kingsley Moghalu, has resigned his membership from the party.

In a letter obtained by our correspondent which was addressed to the party chairman, Okey Nwosu, Moghalu stated infractions from the primary election as reason for leaving the party.

The former presidential candidate of Young Progressive Party in the 2019 election, was defeated at the just concluded primary election of ADC in Abeokuta.

While the winner, Dumebi Kachikwu, scored 977, Moghalu polled 589 votes to come distant second.

Moghalu’s resignation partly read, “I am writing to hand in my resignation from my membership of the African Democratic Congress, effective immediately.

“I have resigned because the process and conduct of the party’s presidential primary on June 8, 2022 at Abeokuta revealed a fundamental clash of values between me and your leadership of the party.

“Despite the circular you issued a few days prior to the primary committing the party to providing transportation and accommodation for delegates to and in Abeokuta, and which as we agreed would provide a level playing field for all the presidential aspirants, the party under your leadership failed to do so.

“Some aspirants, including myself, made donations to the ADC party account as requested by the party for this purpose.

“This failure, which appeared intentional, created room for massive abuses of the electoral process including delegate capture and financial inducement of delegates.”

Moghalu, who didn’t disclose his next political move, blamed his loss to “cash-and-carry politics”, revealing that his former party which he joined in 2021 is not a credible alternative.

He said, “This is only one of numerous inconsistencies and the absence of transparency and predictability in
the management of the party that I had progressively complained about.

“As you are well aware, I have consistently resisted pressures to join the APC or the PDP precisely to avoid ‘cash-and-carry’ politics.

“For me to remain a member of the ADC therefore, after what thousands of party members participated in at Abeokuta, would be to endorse political corruption of a most obscene order.

“I joined the ADC in October 2021 with the best of intentions. Since then, I have put my entire team to work on growing and improving the party, including raising the party’s visibility on all media platforms, recruiting more than 10,000 new members to the party, and providing new offices for various state chapters of the party at my expense.

“It is deeply regrettable that other inducements appear to have played more important roles in determining the outcome of the primary than loyalty to the party.”

https://punchng.com/moghalu-dumps-adc-days-after-losing-presidential-primary/

Re: Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries by alsudan: 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
Moghalu na poor Man’s Peter Obi. grin

Join the winning team, be OBIdient and who knows, you might just get yourself a position in the cabinet next year.

1 Like

Re: Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries by MonkeyMods(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
Moghalu please forget them and join Obidient people

Come and be Peter Obi's orderly

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries by Crixxx: 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
APC nko lol ADC Dy learn work na grin
Re: Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries by Abfinest007(m): 6:03pm On Jun 13, 2022
Join labor party we'll give to u d finance minister

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries by Moferere: 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2022
Inconsequential resignation undecided

Politicians should learn to accept defeats
Re: Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries by mcmurphy132(m): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2022
Watin give am assurance say him go be president self
Re: Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries by Pakute: 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2022
Low budget Peter Obi. Na so Obi too dey win election on Twitter, after e collect next year hin body go tell am.
Re: Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries by Maxymilliano(m): 6:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
Bad loser.

He can't even bear the heat anymore when the game is yet to fully start
Re: Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries by Cajal(m): 7:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
alsudan:
Moghalu na poor Man’s Peter Obi. grin

Join the winning team, be OBIdient and who knows, you might just get yourself a position in the cabinet next year.

On TWITTER..as commander in moderator angry grin
Re: Moghalu Dumps ADC, Accuses Them Of Massive Rigging At The Primaries by Bomboiy: 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
The delegates are the number 1 problem of this country,they collect money from incompetent politicians and then vote them ahead of the competent ones. Cash and Carry politics like Moghalu called it.

The same thing happened to Osinbajo and obi, delegates ignored their quality and chose money. Moghalu is welcome to join the OBIdient people, together we'll fight this corrupt practice,the same practice made Tinubu and Atiku favorite. Cash and Carry politics.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Video Of Local Government Chairman’s Convoy In Kano / Inflation To Push Fresh 1m Nigerians Into Poverty By December – World Bank / Obidients, Would You Still Vote Obi If He Turns Out As The VP To Kwankwaso?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.