Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,086 members, 7,880,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:19 PM

Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan (30897 Views)

I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties / Ahmed Lawan Stranded As INEC Certifies Bashir Machina Winner Of Yobe North / Ahmad Lawan In Limbo As Bashir Machina Refuses To Step Down From Senate Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Oplomo: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

Even if he steps down, wouldn't the primaries be rerun?

Would the same people who voted for him have voted for Lawan?

Can the votes given to Machina simply be automatically transferred to Lawan who never ran for election?

What of the aspirant who came second, shouldn't he or she have the right of first refusal?

It's not only an illegality, it's illogical and nonsensical.

Machina was the only person who contested at the APC primaries for Yobe North senate. He got about 287 votes, other votes were voided.

He was meant to step down for Lawan in a cobbled up 're-run' just like Bala mohamed did in Bauchi but Machina is now listening to Tinubu's lieutenants in APC who wants Lawan to pay dearly for daring to contest the presidential ticket..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by GOLDENWOLF(m): 8:31am On Jun 16, 2022
grin
Zelenskyy:
This is what happens when a Rubber Stamped Fat Nigga follows the Advice of a Northern Slave....

Now he would be careful not to swallow whatever the Northern Slave tells him.

Look at his fat face,

looking so confused, downcast, beaten, battered and shattered.

He is now suffering from loss of memory and forgetfulness.

You never see anything....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by DRCIC(m): 8:36am On Jun 16, 2022
Is d national assembly his birthright? He has been there since 1999 and he feels he is d only person in the senatorial district.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Samuel1976: 8:36am On Jun 16, 2022
A mi lo kan don show game
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by naijapikin2(m): 8:36am On Jun 16, 2022
Please do the nation a favor, don't step down. Lawan must go back to his farm. Dan iska
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Gomojamm: 8:38am On Jun 16, 2022
He shouldn't step down for the greedy confusionist called Lawan. He would have plunged the country into chaos if he succeeded in is greedy ambition.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by 7lives: 8:39am On Jun 16, 2022
Oplomo:

Machina was the only person who contested at the APC primaries for Yobe North senate. He got about 287 votes, other votes were voided.

He was meant to step down for Lawan in a cobbled up 're-run' just like Bala mohamed did in Bauchi but Machina is now listening to Tinubu's lieutenants in APC who wants Lawan to pay dearly for daring to contest the presidential ticket..

Tinubu lieutenants?, even in Yobe?.
A man that has been in the chamber since 1999 and still no get sense, deserves to be kicked out.

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by ViceGovernor: 8:42am On Jun 16, 2022
That is to say Lawan agbada don hook fence o shocked
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by slimjohn2k5: 8:43am On Jun 16, 2022
It is easy, Lawan will get another party ticket, win and return to APC
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by hopexter(m): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2022
Owaincouncil:
Orji Kalu will regret this. He is a wicked man.
He deceived lawan that he will win the apc presidential ticket.

Orji supported he greedy bastard’s ambition, he did not deceive him and stop this your misinformation undecided angry
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Whisk(m): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2022
That is a good one. Let him lick his wound and continue to lick it for the next ten years.
When Ahmed Lawan was asked to step down he refused, but he now wants somebody to step down for him. No way. I hope this fellow, Bashir Machina will not change his mind.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Davo2080: 8:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Orji Uzor Kalu was busy deceiving him,for his own selfish agenda.now e don clear for him eye.that man,Orji Kalu is a snake .Now he is now singing BAT song,I pray BAT cool down and put him where he belongs,the prisoner's

1 Like

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Yaboski: 8:58am On Jun 16, 2022
I so much like this man's courage
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Dapson73(m): 8:58am On Jun 16, 2022
humberjade:
Wahala for the rubber stamp buffalo grin

Cabal put am for long thing...all the mumu loyalty, where e come land am? If you wan eat with the devil, you gas use very long spoon.

But the thing sweet my belle sha, he wants to eat his cake and have it grin

[b][/b]Dem no born Buhari well make e carry loan approval go the Senate right now...I am sure Lawan must be fuming right now. grin

Bros be calming down .

Las las, the sharing formula will change.

He will negotiate high this time as it may be his last chance in such powerful seat in Nigeria.

Now if them no gree , he will now show them pepper.

Mind you he can still be impeached as most senates will switch their loyalties from him as he's now a failure.

Let him retire honourable to lecture theater or else, EFCC will hunt him when they open his books.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by themanderon: 9:00am On Jun 16, 2022
He has done himself in. A classic example of shooting yourself in the foot.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Elidrisy20: 9:07am On Jun 16, 2022
Bastard1stborn:
Ko kanmi
jere
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Elidrisy20: 9:08am On Jun 16, 2022
Allow lawan to lick his wound in peace abeg grin
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:10am On Jun 16, 2022
ninetiethcrown7:

apparently machina was the only candidate on the ballot for the yobe apc north primaries, there was no other candidate.

there is lowkey rumour that there was a deal struck before the primaries that machina was standing in place for lawan, reason why he won the election unopposed. morally, you might see why machina should step down, but in the end, the game is the game. sha lets be watching because it never end.

grin

If this is true, then it is the screwover of the century!
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by mechanics(m): 9:11am On Jun 16, 2022
He's right, if Mr Lawan wanted to come back to the Senate, he wouldn't have contest for the Presidenr seat knowing fully well, he won't win but because of greed he wanted to contest due to the promise of the cabal which didn't work out.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by DeLaRue: 9:11am On Jun 16, 2022
I believe the Machina guy was a member if AD or maybe Tinubu's ACN from way back. Not sure which one.

He is/was Chairman of Nigerian Shippers Council, and a member of the House of representatives in the 90s, before Lawan became a legislator.

The guy is not a pushover. He spoke confidently on Channels yesterday.

Politics and politicians, especially in Nigeria can be unforgiving. If your political mates see you as a traitor, the day they get the chance to deal with you, you'll regret the day you were born. It's like a cult.

Lawal is highly unlikely to return to the Senate.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by LOVEGINO(m): 9:22am On Jun 16, 2022
IgOga:
Lawan is really bad at the job.

1. Made an electoral law where he schemed statutory delegates including himself out from voting at party primaries.

2. Realising his mistake he started running up and down for Buhari to sign amended electoral act but trust Baba go slow e still dey study him signature grin

3. Lawan decided not to buy senatorial form nor contest....he forgot again that he may want to return to senate if he looses his presidential bid.

4. He lost his presidential bid...cos greed and Kalu happened to him....he was meant to step down for Tinubu but decided to give it a go....deceived by Adamu

5. Now his own electoral act will retire him politically
and efcc will come after him grin
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by tope777(m): 9:26am On Jun 16, 2022
This is the case of fi ologbo so eran grin

Machina the real niga grin
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Zion243(m): 9:52am On Jun 16, 2022
When you're pushed to run against Jagaban.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by nickxtra(m): 9:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by nickxtra(m): 9:59am On Jun 16, 2022
DeLaRue:
I believe the Machina guy was a member if AD or maybe Tinubu's ACN from way back. Not sure which one.

He is/was Chairman of Nigerian Shippers Council, and a member of the House of representatives in the 90s, before Lawan became a legislator.

The guy is not a pushover. He spoke confidently on Channels yesterday.

Politics and politicians, especially in Nigeria can be unforgiving. If your political mates see you as a traitor, the day they get the chance to deal with you, you'll regret the day you were born. It's like a cult.

Lawal is highly unlikely to return to the Senate.

Has he started licking the wounds?
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by ProfOkai: 10:01am On Jun 16, 2022
IgOga:

1. Made an electoral law where he schemed statutory delegates including himself out from voting at party primaries.

2. Realising his mistake he started running up and down for Buhari to sign amended electoral act but trust Baba go slow e still dey study him signature grin

3. Lawan decided not to buy senatorial form nor contest....he forgot again that he may want to return to senate if he looses his presidential bid.

4. He lost his presidential bid...cos greed and Kalu happened to him....he was meant to step down for Tinubu but decided to give it a go....deceived by Adamu

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Cubeman: 10:05am On Jun 16, 2022
An incoherent, disjointed, disconcerted man in the form of Orji Uzor Kalu sang your praise and you fell flat for it. Ahmed Lawan, you don chop breakfast be that. Swallow am
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by luizpippo(m): 10:22am On Jun 16, 2022
IgOga:

Watch his backers turn this his errors as a sign of a democrat in the near future.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by NaijaCars4sale: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2022
This is a big problem for Lawan
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by emmykk(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2022
orisa37:
Everyone has equal right to spoil NIGERIA.

Hahahahahahahaha bro you dey mad Lol
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Kaytixy: 10:34am On Jun 16, 2022
Thunder fire you for this plenty thing wey you write. Na only you dey nairaland?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unveiling Ex-military Officers Vying For Governorship, Senate Seats / Arrested Abuja Bombers Planned More Attacks / Saraki Recall Poster Spotted In Ilorin (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.