Stats: 3,173,342 members, 7,888,089 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:05 PM

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating (6267 Views)

President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by reindeer: 10:30am On Jul 24, 2011
I think he's a worse version of yaradua.
Fail of Epic proportions.
Nigerians are tired of excuses he should throw in the towel if he has nothing to offer.
He is practically slowing down the country's progress at a time when goodwill is at an all time high and could be utilised.
Clueless. .yes I will use the term "CLUELESS JONA"
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by bodejohn(m): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2011
The major reason i didn't support GEJ's presidency was the many concession he was giving at that time to governors interest groups and lately workers. There was no way we will get a different result with the same input measure. Minister of defense was indicted of collecting bribe less than four years ago, aso rock getting a budget of more than 500million for food only and many other public disgrace called presidential speeches, we need not call him clueless, he sure knows what he is. Meanwhile he's been in govt. For more than three months, he became the president the following day yaradua died, that's more than 15months ago. He has his report card already, as expected everything is red including his CA scores.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by cashful(m): 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2011
Its Government and governance as usual, whatever plans he has, its not being felt.
Maybe we all have to be "PATIENCE" to feel the "GOODLUCK"

Minimum wage issue and others is definitely a negative for this administration, watch out
The "boat has to be rocked" for any meaningful impart
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by afrika(f): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2011
people just write wat they hear but dont reason with wat is happening. Two or more months in power, people re expecting terriic chnges.

Its unfortunate. Wen ibb was in power, wat happened. Coke bottle rose from 1 naira. Wen sani was there, dollar excaped into thin air. Wat did dz guys achieve. Corruption as they say,where and when did it gain root?

Its neither hia or there, its political. Why is the house worried and wants withdrawal of jtf?

Electricity; has been a problem. Its so delicate that u just dont enter power and dessolve it and put ur style.

Obj came, he cud nt achieve much but brought in gsm. Nw we have forgotten it so easily.

Joe, is going to do sometin. Even his choice of people is wonderful and that is going to show a progressive chnge in future.

Minimum wage is a gradual tin. If u increase teachers, how about doctors, and other people.

He is taking his time oly that nigerians re hot blooded mosquitoes wit bunch of iliterates up on d map. People dont want to work but prefer salary n quick wealth to come to them.

See sanusi, that guy is a belgium rat. He just employed americans or saudis for advisors and tht is te plan of the north. To have a strong bank. He ijus dstablising the system.

If to say, na yoruba man or benue or beta still an ibo man, people for don talk am out of the d position.

Lets b calm n watch. Lets profer solutions n not to critize. In our various place, have u asked ursef,wat have i achieved fr my offce and d people working for me?
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by kulutempa: 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2011
First we had Baba Go Slow, now we have Baba Standstill.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by obowunmi(m): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2011
kulutempa:

First we had Baba Go Slow, now we have Baba Standstill.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Hoodrat(m): 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2011
F u c k Him, He sucks like string in a cap angry
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by REDshouse(m): 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
face book 90%
nairaland 20% since the exit of beef to exile

power sector (- 50% )

Infrastructure (-250%)

education (-150%)

highcost of living (-1000%)

the man called GEJ is a big MUFU i.e (mumu and fool)
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by otokx(m): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2011
If you consider the nature of Nigerians; then GEJ is not doing badly.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Obinoscopy(m): 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2011
The Power Sector he swore to revitalise has been shelved to the background after his re-election. With the way his going, I think he is headed for failure
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by misterh(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2011
PXtB:

The word 'Clueless' sprang up from the pit of hell immediately after the April elections. Those that did not like the emergence of GEJ as President invented it and in a space of three months, the propaganda has spread like wild fire; kudos to them. As far as my memory could take me, 'Clueless' was not commonly used to describe the president before the elections; many Nigerians have suddenly lost their sense of objectivity because of their selfish interests-it's really unfortunate. I remember, even before swearing-in, people were already rating GEJ in every aspects as if he would transform the hitherto destroyed country in a twinkling of an eye. This is synonymous with a lecturer scoring the students at the beginning of the semester; why don't we rate him after two years at least.
Nigeria has been systematically damaged by ALL former rulers and expecting GEJ to fix all 51-year old Nigerian problems in a space of three months is rather unfair. Some people here have never been in the least leadership position (Course reps, nuclear family, students union, town association etc) and all they do is condemn. Some people on this forum studied engineering (albeit, not all are practising) and they also join the 'masses' to expect a 'miracle' in the power sector within three months. For those that care to listen, transforming the power sector will not be spontaneous; I mean, it's not as easy as buying 'I-pass-my-neighbour' from Oshodi. A lot of engineering, re-engineering, construction and re-construction would be required and it takes years. A lot of the power generation and distribution equipment have been lying idle for years and restoring them to active life again can be more difficult than waking up a dead man. Besides, some of the original equipment manufacturers have either gone out of business or no longer manufacture such equipment, making it difficult to even think of repairing them; hence, a complete change-out is the way out. Now before you even think of procuring any equipment of such or even lower magnitude, you carry out the front-end engineering design at which stage you specify the equipment to the manufacturer. Again, like I said earlier, procuring power supply equipment is not as easy as buying 'I-pass-my-neighbour' from the market. Some of the equipment are not on the shelf for you to come and pick; you have specify what you want to the manufacturer to suit your purpose. After the front-end engineering stage, especially in the case of big power plants, we have the detailed engineering stage, before construction.
I've used the power sector as an illustration that Nigerian problems are deep and cannot be solved in three months as we expect. The greatest problem Nigeria has, which is the bane of our development, is corruption. As an illustration, the education sector is so bad that in secondary schools, teachers mandate students to pay exam malpractice fees as a sine qua non for writing an exam. So, hard work is no longer encouraged and the same children will grow up knowing that there's nothing wrong with cheating. Similar category of people are every where in government as politicians and public/civil servants.
My people, if there is any body that needs fast changes in Nigeria, I'm number 1; however such changes will not take place overnight especially in a decayed system like we have in Nigeria. I'm more positive than pessimistic though. Solving Nigeria's problem is everybody's responsibility and it starts from the mind. Revolution will probably be the escape route but who'll take the lead.
Well said but has the govt shown the required zeal & commitment to bring the change we need? If the govt is serious about development, i'm yet to see it. It's still more of the same. The govt needs to develop a working plan. Moreover, the calibre of people he has as ministers, save a few, are not worthy of the position (What does Haliru Muhammed have to offer?)
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Dotscanner: 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
Who says GEJ is not working? for me, he has done well and i believe he will do more and silence all his opponent.
GOOD WORK GEJ!
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Builder: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2011
this is what u get when u elect a zoologist as a president, u get animal lifetsyle
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by jmaine: 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
Builder:

this is what u get when u elect a zoologist as a president, u get animal lifetsyle

Another silly comment, it shows you don't know any aspect of the science of Zoology . . .
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by reindeer: 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2011
Builder:

His a.ss lickers will bark at you for this.
BUt the guy defines failure. Been there for over a year and no impact.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by WaltherPPK: 10:57pm On Jul 24, 2011
am disappointed in Jonathan.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Uche2005: 11:08pm On Jul 24, 2011
average score 3%

power    2%
employment generation  0%
education  5%
foreign investment  1%
security    10%
infrastructure   0%
agriculture    1%
environmental mgt   3%
science and technology  10%
foreign affairs 10%
aviation   5%
oil and gas   5%
transportation    1%
solid minerals   0%
youth and social devt  10%
works   4%
health   1%
economy 2%
national planing 0%
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2011
[size=100pt]a very big zero[/size]

we nid to mourn, cry cry cry cry
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by jaguda(m): 3:39am On Jul 25, 2011
Why would u rate a person's performance after 3 months into a 4 year stint? this thread just calls for sentimental answers. The thread should have been, " what would u have GEJ do to improve the economy" and how do we achieve this target of ours.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Uche2005: 4:33am On Jul 25, 2011
this is federal govt road. this is jonathan approval rating. this is how they judge Jonathan. there is no kerosene. obasanjo govt solve this issue. now it is back.

Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by brostommy: 5:02am On Jul 25, 2011
Jonanthan is too weak to handle Nigeria crisis. He is scared of Northerners. Nigeria is completely turned to Pakistan or Afganistan. He knows te source of Boko-Haram
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by brostommy: 5:32am On Jul 25, 2011
Nigeria needs to call for NATO or accept Israel`s offer of combat support to get rid of these insurgents called Boko-Haram before it goes beyond a control. Now, Nigeria is completetly turned to Pakistan or Afghanistan. Jonanthan`s poor handling of this crisis will cost the nation more than its expectation. He doesn`t want to offend Northerners. He has no exprience to lead a nation at all- he has forgotten that he is leading a nation of 150 million people, not Bayelsa of 4 million people. He increases minimum wage without paving way for increasing productivity, surely he is increasing unemployement rate, exchange rate, and inflation rate in Nigeria. I see no reason the State of Emergency is not declared in those trouble states.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by 1025: 8:17am On Jul 25, 2011
do not forget that jonathan is a product of pdp and pdp on its own is a symbol of failure and corruption.
i said it during the elections that we were about putting new wine in an old jar.
let no one be deceived, nigeria keeps going backward on daily basis.
we are doomed.
for me, unless we destroy this pdp cabal, nothing will change here for good.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Demdem(m): 8:57am On Jul 25, 2011
Actually, i think he is failing.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by ideylaff: 8:59am On Jul 25, 2011
Rating who, ?Is Goodluck still the President,  ohhhhh,  grin The Country does not look or seem like someone is steering the rudder of the ship, at all

Sorry I can't rate what cant be measured,  no metrics available 4 me, 2 use,
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by mbulela: 9:32am On Jul 25, 2011
auto-pilot
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 25, 2011
Uche2005:

this is federal govt road. this is jonathan approval rating. this is how they judge Jonathan. there is no kerosene. obasanjo govt solve this issue. now it is back.

apapa oshodi expressway - a national disgrace
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by AjanleKoko: 10:11am On Jul 25, 2011
oyb:

apapa oshodi expressway - a national disgrace

Abi o.
The only thing seeming to emanate from Aso Rock these days is a lot of nice CVs and lots of meaningless talk.
No strong commitment to resolve the various pressing national issues, douse a little tension, rather I see an overt attempt to hide behind bureaucracy.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Aks(m): 11:19am On Jul 25, 2011
ZERO on all ratings, The problem is about the economy and not minimum wage. If minimum wage is N1,000 and the economy is good nobody will talk abt any increment. The govt is clueless, take a cue from what SIMONKOLAWOLE put together in yesterdays this day newspaper

Simon Kolawole Live!: Email: simon.kolawole@thisdaylive.com

I laugh, of course, anytime I remember this story. A young man inherited his father’s troubled shoe business. He immediately reduced the prices of the shoes by half and doubled staff salaries. Needless to say, the business went under in no time. It is impossible to understand this business model! The more I think of the crisis the Nigerian government has got itself entangled with over the new national minimum wage, the more I remember this story. At a time advanced economies were making painful cuts to public expenditure, at a time Nigerian government officials were complaining about the “heavy burden” of “fuel subsidy”, we decided to increase the wage bill. Is there something the government knew that we didn’t know?

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-new-minimum-wage-fiasco/95572/
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by mkmyers45(m): 11:48am On Jul 25, 2011
Actually we will move with fresh air for a long time (7 years) so so far the air is still choking so personally the masses have nothing to say and i represent the masses
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by Kinikini: 11:57am On Jul 25, 2011
Why would u rate a person's performance after 3 months into a 4 year stint? this thread just calls for sentimental answers. The thread should have been, " what would u have GEJ do to improve the economy" and how do we achieve this target of ours.

It will be a tragedy if we wait till the end of GEJ's tenure before assessing his performance. By then, the damage will be irreparable. By conducting this type of evaluation pari pasu with the pace of governance, GEJ has as much feed back to improve his government. Some may have posted bad comments out right prejudices but there are genuine comments on way forward as well. It is for the President and his handlers to choose.

This rating posting is therefore not out of malice for the President.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Approval Rating by ss007: 12:04am On Jul 27, 2011
Clueless, incompetent, incapable. Period!

Drug Offences: 6000 Nigerians In Foreign Jails / 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World, Number 1 Will Shock You!! / See The Tunnel Rochas In Building In Owerri, Does Owerri Need A Tunnel?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54