Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,903 members, 7,969,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 01:35 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1919283 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) ... (5382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2023
izzou:

I entered Lagos, and saw a station selling at 175

I shock
They have probably adjusted their pump, so you may be getting 7litre of fuel instead of 10. This is what Total Stations is currently doing, plus adding chemical to make the Fuel burn faster....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 3:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
OasisX:

.... both Tinubu and Peter Obi have it in their respective manifestos to do that. I do not know much about Atiku's plans though, but I hope he also has it in plan to do same if he emerges.

NASS Structures need to be reviewed. Bicameral Legislature is expensive for a Country like ours. We don't need it, unicameral is what we should be practicing to reduce cost.

Nigeria should scrap House of Representatives and keep Senate only. Red Chamber offers equal Representation per state, the numbers ain't much and it will be easier to maintain financially.

I hope for an administration that will have ball to propose it, work on it and make it happen.
Nigeria should scrap the Senate and keep the House of Representatives only, the green chamber is the one making sensible laws and doing some sensible oversight even though it is filled with self_serving Polithiefcians too...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shegzdave: 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2023
TrebleChamp:
They have probably adjusted their pump, so you may be getting 7litre of fuel instead of 10. This is what Total Stations is currently doing, plus adding chemical to make the Fuel burn faster....
It is Finished cry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
TrebleChamp:

That pump adjustment is the nonsense one NNPC in my area does. Initially they were selling for N235 and until recenetly they said DPR or some govt agency came to arrest them. So they revert to N169 per liter but they have adjusted their pump such that u will blame urself for buying from them.

So most people just queue at Mobil filling station close by that sells for N200 per liter; that way u are sure of getting value for your money.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2023
TrebleChamp:

A colleague said he saw this happen with his eyes. A tanker arrived at the filling station, rather than discharge, they brought out jerrycans and started transferring the content of the Jerrycans into the tanker

When he asked them what they were adding, they asked what was his business and if he was there to buy fuel or ask questions.

He bought the fuel and left.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
OasisX:

I understand and feeling the frustrations of every Nigerian too. Its affecting me as its affecting everyone else on this board.

But are we gonna give up on the country? I believe as a Patriot, answer should always be NO! We may have lost interest in the manifesto and party promises, but that do not mean we should give up on the country.

Whoever emerges will be supported with prayers and whatever to make him succeed..... and we'll hope he fulfills his promises and plans.

As for NASS, PMB never has ball. You can't give what you don't have. Easiest coup in the History of Nigeria was against him. The coup was carried out successfully because Idiagbon, his second in command, was outa the Country.

We shouldn't put PMB and Ball in the same sentence bro. Imagine nonsense Saraki did with him in his first term? OBJ would have got Saraki replaced sharply - that's a Man with Ball.
Buhari was called upon to handle d security turbulence as he was known as a "no nonsense" man.

Atleast if ur belief was he isn't as tough as he was due to maybe age,I would have honestly agreed to ur view...

I don't think there is any thing called soft coup but a well organised coup could make the victim as soft as being weak....

Buhari was handicapped by his failing health and I believe there was a compromise somewhere,somehow to warrant his lackadaisical approach to almost everything..

A country where no one even knew yaradua was dead for some days..... everything is possible here...

I am against Atiku due to his Northern status...am against BAT due to his failing health cos history has taught us how d end would look like....

You see,I am not totally sold by their promises and manifesto cos it is pointless in Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2023
Itsrm:

A colleague said he saw this happen with his eyes. A tanker arrived at the filling station, rather than discharge, they brought out jerrycans and started transferring the content of the Jerrycans into the tanker

When he asked them what they were adding, they asked what was his business and if he was there to buy fuel or ask questions.

He bought the fuel and left.
I saw it happen at Total too, i buy fuel at 245/260per litre jejely at other Stations....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2023
Amoto94:

"Mr ITK" yet know nothing at least Blueyraydick acknowledged that one of his own got a job from the ones that have been posted here before this is what matters not what you choose to interpret or insinuate.

Forget your hogwash you try to pass off. You are more routine than a clockwork.

The next time your fanaticism comes into question, we expect to see you post a turtle-anus cleaner vacancy in Maiduguri, and within an hour of it too.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2023
Segedinho:

Buhari was called upon to handle d security turbulence as he was known as a "no nonsense" man.

Atleast if ur belief was he isn't as tough as he was due to maybe age,I would have honestly agreed to ur view...

I don't think there is any thing called soft coup but a well organised coup could make the victim as soft as being weak....

Buhari was handicapped by his failing health and I believe there was a compromise somewhere,somehow to warrant his lackadaisical approach to almost everything..

A country where no one even knew yaradua was dead for some days..... everything is possible here...

I am against Atiku due to his Northern status...am against BAT due to his failing health cos history has taught us how d end would look like....

You see,I am not totally sold by their promises and manifesto cos it is pointless in Nigeria...

.... I don't want to believe Tinubu is not healthy enough to lead the country. I wouldn't say he's as healthy as Kwankwaso and Peter Obi, but his health condition is not as bad as it has been politically propagated.

Leadership requires brain not brawn. Leadership is not by physical fitness but mental fitness. Leadership is ability to assemble best brain and manage them to achieve desired results.

I believe Tinubu has all it takes to lead this Country regardless of his physical fitness as far as he is healthy enough to thinking and doing as he is known for.

I don't want Atiku either, and not because he's a Northerner but because I do not trust him a bit. Baba Iyabo has buried him completely in his Book. He's not the type of Leaders we need now.

I respect your choice because you have your reasons for picking him, but I want to believe its not because he is more healthy and younger than Tinubu and Atiku.

Perhaps, if you don’t mind, I will like to know why he should be trusted with Nigeria Number 1 position. What are his plans and how does he intend to achieve them.

We can use his manifesto as references, if you don't mind.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2023

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2023
Segedinho:

In as much as bringing his daughter in was a very disturbing move......but d words used were harmless except there are some hidden missiles underneath d tone.
there's absolutely no reason whatsoever for him to mention his daughter. The words might seem harmless but heck, that's a subtle threat that carries weight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
OasisX:

.... I don't want to believe Tinubu is not healthy enough to lead the country. I wouldn't say he's as healthy as Kwankwaso and Peter Obi, but his health condition is not as bad as it has been politically propagated.

Leadership requires brain not brawn. Leadership is not by physical fitness but mental fitness. Leadership is ability to assemble best brain and manage them to achieve desired results.

I believe Tinubu has all it takes to lead this Country regardless of his physical fitness as far as he is healthy enough to thinking and doing as he is known for.

I don't want Atiku either, and not because he's a Northerner but because I do not trust him a bit. Baba Iyabo has buried him completely in his Book. He's not the type of Leaders we need now.

I respect your choice because you have your reasons for picking him, but I want to believe its not because he is more healthy and younger than Tinubu and Atiku.

Perhaps, if you don’t mind, I will like to know why he should be trusted with Nigeria Number 1 position. What are his plans and how does he intend to achieve them.

We can use his manifesto as references, if you don't mind.
Plans:
I think this is where the problems lies, 9ja Politicians are too wicked to comply with their sweet manifesto hence I don't give a damn about their plans.......I only took a glance at Obi security plans and I am satisfied abt his statement on states( responsibilities n accountabilities) but my doubt remains.

BAT mental/physical states:
BAT of today has displayed/still displaying some signs of mental disorder/weakness as seen in his numerous gaffee..(i.e bulaba and d recent Benin gagawax gaga)..licking of mic etc etc...he is physically being pushed/managed as seen in d video (on ur mandate I stand).. holding of flags and many others...

His antecedent is more of I just want my name to be among d list of Nigeria president.....

I agree wholeheartedly with you abt d brain but what then is the use of brain when the health is failing..I don't trust these fulanis that seems to be 100% behind him..I feel they have a plan after learning about his health status.....that is my fear..

You see shettima...I hold my lips

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2023

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2023
Segedinho:

Plans:
I think this is where the problems lies, 9ja Politicians are too wicked to comply with their sweet manifesto hence I don't give a damn about their plans.......I only took a glance at Obi security plans and I am satisfied abt his statement on states( responsibilities n accountabilities) but my doubt remains.

BAT of today has displayed/still displaying some signs of mental disorder/weakness as seen in his numerous gaffee..(i.e bulaba and d recent Benin gagawax gaga)..licking of mic etc etc...he is physically being pushed/managed as seen in d video (on ur mandate I stand).. holding of flags and many others...

His antecedent is more of I just want my name to be among d list of Nigeria president.....

I agree wholeheartedly with you abt d brain but what then is the use of brain when the health is failing.. don't trust these fulanis that seems to be 100% behind him..I feel they have a plan after learning about his health status.....that is my fear..

grin

Shettima is not Fulani but kanuri. Tinubu most trusted friend in the north is not Fulani but Hausa. Ganduje is not Fulani, hence nothing to be worried about.

Do you think Peter Obi without NASS backing can achieve anything?

Do you think likes of Obasanjo and co won't form Cabal and start dictating for him?

Do you think he has the ball to wither any fuckin political storm especially from our northern politicians?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Nigeria should scrap the Senate and keep the House of Representatives only, the green chamber is the one making sensible laws and doing some sensible oversight even though it is filled with self_serving Polithiefcians too...

... why Senate?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
And talking about NASS not supporting an Obi presidency, I mean you look all around the south and you see the south littered with candidate of other parties proudly using obi's picture side by side with theirs.

What does that tell you?
I mean, you have candidates of APC in imo state using obi's picture to campaign on billboards, same thing with some PDP candidates in Port Harcourt and calabar.

So if these candidates do win their seats now, does that not signal that irrespective of parties they already know who they are working with??

I keep telling you folks that the significance and implications of an Obi presidency is too massive to be rationalized. That victory changes the entire political space in Nigeria. Especially for one like ours where there are no clear ideological divides amongst the political parties.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2023
OasisX:

grin

Shettima is not Fulani but kanuri. Tinubu most trusted friend in the north is not Fulani but Hausa. Ganduje is not Fulani, hence nothing to be worried about.

Do you think Peter Obi without NASS backing can achieve anything?

Do you think likes of Obasanjo and co won't form Cabal and start dictating for him?

Do you think he has the ball to wither any fuckin political storm especially from our northern politicians?
When I say fulanis...I am generalising d Northerners...my bad...

What kinda post would obasanjo would want to gain/seek from him

Endorsing a candidate is not same with canvasing and sponsoring a candidate..I believe you know.

I am not even much into d Godfatherism n co but people that would form his cabinet after investing money and time into it....

BAT is too frail to disappoint them ...in all honesty...is BAT healthy enough after d numerous comic display?

He seems being used as a smokescreen for this fulanis/Northerners agenda......

I believe u r smart enough to dis-believe manifestoes from 9ja politicians.......this is the reason I don't even talk more about their plans n manifestoes.. history have taught me a lesson...... atleast d recent manifesto brought by Buhari in conjunction with BAT n co were more like an indirect proportionality with enough peppery spices

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2023
Collected by PVC today, took less than an hour, one thing was clear, this drive in PVC collection is to Peter Obi's favor, he'd win most of the new voters.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
Segedinho:

When I say fulanis...I am generalising d Northerners...my bad...

What kinda post would obasanjo would want to gain/seek from him

Endorsing a candidate is not same with canvasing and sponsoring a candidate..I believe you know.

I am not even much into d Godfatherism n co but people that would form his cabinet after investing money and time into it....

BAT is too frail to disappoint them ...in all honesty...is BAT healthy enough after d numerous comic display?

He seems being used as a smokescreen for this fulanis/Northerners agenda......

I believe u r smart enough to dis-believe manifestoes from 9ja politicians.......this is the reason I don't even talk more about their plans n manifestoes.. history have taught me a lesson...... atleast d recent manifesto brought by Buhari in conjunction with BAT n co were more like an indirect proportionality with enough peppery spices
An Obasanjo that's 85 forming cabal is a funny idea. If there's any selfish motive for him supporting PO, it's probably the flex of influencing who became president if PO wins, and a chance to give a final Bleep-you to BAT and Atiku.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
Theflint1:
Collected by PVC today, took less than an hour, one thing was clear, this drive in PVC collection is to Peter Obi's favor, he'd win most of the new voters.
The truth...

I think d new collector are majorly behind obi...I have seen and witness it more in Benin.....

I received a call to disguise for PDP just for d pay and go with my guts....d person asking me for this is Obi but putting PDP forward....... declined though

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2023
Theflint1:
An Obasanjo that's 85 forming cabal is a funny idea. If there's any selfish motive for him supporting PO, it's probably the flex of influencing who became president if PO wins, and a chance to give a final Bleep-you to BAT and Atiku.
OBJ to me is too old for d fame...maybe dishing out one or two slots for his boys.....

I think he would cherish reputation more at his age n his slotted preference would be more careful to disdain him(obj).but this is naija were everything is possible

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2023
There's literally no way that a Peter Obi presidency can live up the expectations some of his fans are heaping on his head.

I don't believe he will win, but I believe if he does, he would wish he hadn't, and Obidients will have to deal with the shock of reality.

As a politician, it is always better to be underrated than overrated. If you don't curb your enthusiasm and manage your expectations, you will be in for a rude awakening.

I take no pleasure in saying this.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2023
Even this Lagos, won't be surprised if PO cracks 40% of votes cast. As long as BAT doesn't deploy his boys to harass voters, PO would crack 40%.
Segedinho:

The truth...

I think d new collector are majorly behind obi...I have seen and witness it more in Benin.....

I received a call to disguise for PDP just for d pay and go with my guts....d person asking me for this is Obi but putting PDP forward....... declined though

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
nihilistjnr:
There's literally no way that a Peter Obi presidency can live up the expectations some of his fans are heaping on his head.

I don't believe he will win, but I believe if he does, he would wish he hadn't, and Obidients will have to deal with the shock of reality.

As a politician, it is always better to be underrated than overrated. If you don't curb your enthusiasm and manage your expectations, you will be in for a rude awakening.

I take no pleasure in saying this.
Peter Obi is running against two strong candidates who's supporters waste no time to talk down on not just his chances of winning, but his chances of performing. On this board we've had several of Peter Obi's supporters criticise him and even outside of here many have vowed to be his most vocal critics if he wins.

I believe the only reason you're saying he'd wish he never won is in the belief that the legislature and establishment politicians will frustrate him, establishment politicians being establishment politicians won't be a shock to anybody.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2023
Segedinho:

Plans:

I agree wholeheartedly with you abt d brain but what then is the use of brain when the health is failing..I don't trust these fulanis that seems to be 100% behind him..I feel they have a plan after learning about his health status.....that is my fear..

Even the brain majority of it is gone
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
Theflint1:

It depends on where you collected from

If you collected in Enugu, it is in Obi's favour

I can't say the same if it is in Toto local government in Nassarawa state

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2023
OasisX:

... why Senate?
The House of Reps have been more effective that the Senate even since the time of Obasanjo, they do more oversight than their lazy Senate counterpart. They are also closer to their constituent because the represent the People, while the Senators represent their various State Government.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:51pm On Jan 06, 2023
Almighty Saudi had to change their law to accommodate the GOHT...

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:53pm On Jan 06, 2023
Theflint1:
Well done chief

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2023
izzou:

It depends on where you collected from

If you collected in Enugu, it is in Obi's favour

I can't say the same if it is in Toto local government in Nassarawa state
Fair point, collected in mainland Lagos.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CuteNbad(m): 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
OasisX:

Let's try to be realistic bro. Nigerian People elect Representatives into NASS, hence their Opinions, demands are expected to be relayed to the Government via their various Representatives.

It's easier said than done. You can assume, dream of how you expect Administration of Peter Obi to pan out, but in Reality it may never work that way.

Lagos - Ibadan Expressway would have been completed if Saraki didn't frustrate it. In 2017, Saraki led NASS slashed amount budgeted for the Road by ₦30b and heaven didn't fall, neither did anyone protest despite that the Expressway is the busiest in Nigeria.

Buhari was an ex HOS, a former Dictator, yet he couldn't do a jack to veto and went ahead with the budgetary plan because this is democracy not autocracy. When Spy was talking Veto this morning, I laughed out loud like is it not our Nigeria he's talking about?

Peter Obi may have good plans, intentions and policies to turn things around in Nigeria but without NASS backing - nothing gonna happen. Thanks to OBJ by the way, he made NASS what they are today because of his 3rd term [selfish] Agenda.

You keep accusing BAT Supporters of playing tribal card with their choice, whereas in Reality, we are simply looking for a Personality that can possibly have control over NASS.

A Personality that political Retirees sitting idle, shouting Ye and Nay while feeding fat on our national cake will respect. A personality that can influence their leadership to working cordially with him and ensuring his plans and policies are not frustrated.

If PDP give their Ticket to Peter Obi, perhaps he would have got more supports even from present BATISTs. PDP have Structures and I believe Nigerians wouldn't have hesitated to kick out APC for PDP as Osun Indigenes recently did.

Lack of real [political] Structures is a big Obstacle to Peter Obi Aspiration. Cabal will take over his leadership if he wins. He'll be forced to listen to them or gets frustrated and eventually impeached.

..... and stop dreaming of possible mass defections from other parties to LP, if Peter Obi wins. That ain't gonna happen, rather opposition parties gonna see it as opportunity to settle scores, turn him a puppet and feeding fatter.
There's gonna be a mass defection. Everyone loves a winning party
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2023
CuteNbad:
There's gonna be a mass defection. Everyone loves a winning party

As in!! even before the elections, you can see the state candidates boldly campaigning with the picture of another presidential candidate from a different party. What now happens when he wins?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) ... (5382) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: superfelix, afrodoc2, DammyOlu123(m), Segedinho(m), Theflint1(m), KingTom(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.