Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:00 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1626641 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) ... (4947) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
Emefiele is mad oh. People will start rejecting the old notes again because of this briefing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 1:32pm On Feb 14, 2023
I can bet my balls, if buhari removes subsidy today and Nigeria starts buying fuel for 1k/litre,Nigerians would do nothing......

I am beginning to believe the conspiracy that yahooboys sponsored the start of the Endsars protest before it spiralled....

Worse things have happened or been done by this govt and Nigerias either kept quiet or are suffering in pain..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Just wait till Monerozi will come and tell u say Na Emefiele be the clueless one. Like say Emefiele fit defy supreme court without Bubu's protection.

Good observation. The announcement came right after this

https://www.nairaland.com/7567350/naira-redesign-buhari-emefiele-meet

This is what Buhari wants. Emefiele is just the errand boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Make I just share small heads-up on how to get cash(New notes) from banks in this tough times:

1. Try and locate any of the new commercial banks/islamic banks closest to you. (When I mean new banks, I mean banks like parallex, Jaiz bank, Globus, Premium Trust bank, Lotus bank, etc)

2. Open an instant personal account with them. Some of them have DSA's who would guide you through opening an account via their mobile apps which u will download from your app store ; while others have agents outside the bank handing account opening forms to customers.

3. When u are done with opening the accounts, you can trasfer cash from any of your bank accounts to the new account you just opened and u will be able to withdraw at least 10k over the counter immediately( Their withdrawal limits vary depending on the amount of cash they have at hand and the number if customers waiting to withdraw cash)

4. After successfully withdrawing over the counter, u can still withdraw cash off their ATM's outside. (They dedicate at least one or two ATM machine to solely their customers for withdrawal)

NB: It's advisable u run this package early in the morning before other people already frustrated by their banks will join the queue to scatter things .
You don go cast format wey men dey use dey survive. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
Itsrm:

Good observation. The announcement came right after this

https://www.nairaland.com/7567350/naira-redesign-buhari-emefiele-meet

This is what Buhari wants. Emefiele is just the errand boy

Na hand of Esau, voice of Jacob. Na Buhari dey run everything wey we dey see so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
GTOkowa:
You don go cast format wey men dey use dey survive. grin

Na to just help few people wey person fit help before everything cast finish
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 1:48pm On Feb 14, 2023
Since sensible people have met Buhari including governors and yet he is still meeting with Emifiele privately and Emifiele can still come up and said this nonsense. They should just drag both of them to an open space and flog them mercilessly. Rubbish.

You want to scatter everything with this last minute nonsense.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 1:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
Emiefele - "Some of our leaders are buying the new notes and storing them for whatever purpose and I will not expand further on that.”

So he openly admits that CBN has failed to prevent to stockpiling Naira Notes for vote buying, which appears to have been the primary driver for the redesign efforts.

Corruption is nobody's mate.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
nihilistjnr:
Emiefele - "Some of our leaders are buying the new notes and storing them for whatever purpose and I will not expand further on that.”

So he openly admits that CBN has failed to prevent to stockpiling Naira Notes for vote buying, which appears to have been the primary driver for the redesign efforts.

Corruption is nobody's mate.
I saw that and was shocked it came directly from the horses mouth.

Imagine admitting that it is our leaders that are making everything difficult...and there's is nothing he can do about it.

I thought the policy was to fight these leaders and stifle their chances of perpetrating whatever many clueless people were speculating? How come fhe same political class are the first to corner the whole money?

This whole policy is a failed move!!!. This emefiele and his Oga na dunce.

Now they are suffering the rest of Nigerians...and with the screenshot below, na longer suffering for Nigerians. The political class will always have their way..which is what we have been saying here and some people were downswing it. Now emefiele don confirm am.

Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 2:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
The truth will remain the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
The Sultan who appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to address the problem to prevent an uprising, added that it has brought hunger and anger in the country.

Speaking at a two-day conference by the Kano State government on livestock reforms and mitigation of associated conflicts, the Monarch said;

"Let's keep politics aside. The issues of development, especially for the common man, (should be prioritised).

"These people that God Almighty gave leadership over, one day, God forbid, will rise (against
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
I also learnt Standard Chartered bank are paying 50k over the counter. If u get account for there, wake up! Collect your money!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
Spy360:

You were given 31st January to deposit all old notes, you didn't. An extension of ten days was given, you didn't. Even if you were given till thy kingdom come, you still won't.

I know I am being insensitive as there are many who are just victims of this whole thing.

The real blame goes to the APC governors and Buhari that gave the extension of the deadline. And also the Supreme Court for medling with economic policies that doesn't concern them.

Irrespective of whether you support the policy or not, the key point here is just comply. If it fails then we can now hold the appropriate quarters responsible. As it stands now, what we will be hearing is accusations and counter accusations.

Those who deposited their old money and couldn't get new notes for transactions how do you suppose they go about their lives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by akwesenana: 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
Tataffo:

Being a Nigerian is one tangible reason to believe God doesn't exist....

Like how them go born one person for maiduguri and another for manchester? Considering both are guiltless. Religion na poor man highness.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ellexy:
I understand your point but still the said 21billion Galadima talked about is in old notes not new notes.

All the same these policy is affecting the average Nigerian because of failure in implementation whether caused by governors or not. CBN should have done their homework properly and anticipated these outcomes so the common man won't be finding it hard like this. The Governors and top politicians aren't feeling it, they just want money for election where as the common man just needs money to buy food and other basic stuff.

It's simple

You take away 2 trillion and supply 500bn. Where do you want the shortage to come from

If you take 2 trillion and replace with same 2 trillion will there be a shortage? Won't the politician and common man get what they want?

A family that eats 10 derica of rice. I take that away and give them 2 derica and they complain about hunger and I blame the eldest kids for hoarding

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2023
Itsrm:

But the girl na thief. So she will have made N28,000 from N7,000. What percent profit is that?
That is life ...it was a one-off and she just wanted to cash in b4 anything less happens.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 2:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
I don't know if it is just me ooo but Obi got me dissappointed in this naira policy issue....is response was late,he was in support of a policy that was not favourable to the common man undecided....

Any policy that affects the common man is a NO NO, no matter how good it sounds...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Kaycee54321(m): 2:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
I imagine a group of monkeys in the jungle; periodically, they inhabit a selected area of the jungle where they must return to sleep after monkeying all day.

They have consistently alternated their resting spots between between the East and West points of the jungle. With every movement to & fro, they have been suffering immensely. They die of monkey diseases, suffer from monkey poverty and overall, standard of monkey living has been debilitatingly worse.

Now, there's yet another opportunity to venture North, South, North-East, North-West... anywhere, but the previous two locations ( of East & West) where they've alternated for decades.

Animals like goats are known to consistently get whipped at a particular point; and still return to that same point some moments later.

I think monkeys are smarter...or maybe not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
EmmanuelScott1:

I think the man have enlarged prostate

But the story funny oo 🤣🤣

Enlarged prostate?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
Tataffo:
I don't know if it is just me ooo but Obi got me dissappointed in this naira policy issue....is response was late,he was in support of a policy that was not favourable to the common man undecided....

Any policy that affects the common man is a NO NO, no matter how good it sounds...
On face value, the policy isn't so bad, the implementation though, has been shit (whether by design or not is another thing altogether). The crux of his message was for people to stay calm and even at this point, it's still a valid message.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:32pm On Feb 14, 2023
EmmanuelScott1:

I think the man have enlarged prostate

But the story funny oo 🤣🤣
Na enlarged prostrate you dey call like that?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
While we lay curses on Buhari and Emefiele, let's not forget to send some the way of BAT, the one man that proudly claimed responsibility for bringing Plague-BuBu to Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 2:35pm On Feb 14, 2023
afrodoc2:

Enlarged prostate?

Doc you know better sha

But on my findings, it causes difficulty in urinating and which the man attest he can't urinate.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
EmmanuelScott1:

Doc you know better sha

But on my findings, it causes difficulty in urinating and which the man attest he can't urinate.

Enlarged postrate will not just happen like that. If he has enlarged postrate, he would've been experiencing difficulty in passing urine for a while; It won't just happen all of a sudden like the guy narrated in the news report.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
Emaprince:
I saw that and was shocked it came directly from the horses mouth.

Imagine admitting that it is our leaders that are making everything difficult...and there's is nothing he can do about it.

I thought the policy was to fight these leaders and stifle their chances of perpetrating whatever many clueless people were speculating? How come fhe same political class are the first to corner the whole money?

This whole policy is a failed move!!!. This emefiele and his Oga na dunce.

Now they are suffering the rest of Nigerians...and with the screenshot below, na longer suffering for Nigerians. The political class will always have their way..which is what we have been saying here and some people were downswing it. Now emefiele don confirm am.

Smh

It was obviously a failed policy from the get go...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CAPdan21(m): 2:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
Theflint1:
While we lay curses on Buhari and Emefiele, let's not forget to send some the way of BAT, the one man that proudly claimed responsibility for bringing Plague-BuBu to Nigeria.
He with the leprous fingers says it's his turn...Solomon and Rehoboam lvl 😁😄

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Singapore1(m): 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
just know that vote buying will become even easier. imagine sharing 2k new naira notes to the gullible on election day
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2023
Singapore1:
just know that vote buying will become even easier. imagine sharing 2k new naira notes to the gullible on election day

I don't think so. And I think things will have improved much better by then.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
Theflint1:

If curses dey work, do u think those people will still be alive today ? grin

If curses dey work, people wey Buhari kill their family in the civil war between 1967-1970 for don use swear kill am since.

If curses dey work, people wey Emefiele sack for non-performance while he was MD of Zenith for don use swear off am for making dem lose their source of livelihood.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
Izzuo, how your valentine parole na? cheesy Take am easy oo, make condom no go break again. Pampers don cost oo.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:14pm On Feb 14, 2023
Donjazet2:
Izzuo, how your valentine parole na? cheesy Take am easy oo, make condom no go break again. Pampers don cost oo.

Prick no fit rise for this cash crunch, bros

As I dey like this, na 650 wey wan carry me go house dey my pocket.

POS dey call 800 for 5k, and na old money.

grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 3:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
izzou:

Prick no fit rise for this cash crunch, bros

As I dey like this, na 650 wey wan carry me go house dey my pocket.

POS dey call 800 for 5k, and na old money.

grin

Omo, your own better. For my side, 200 naira for every 1k. With maximum withdrawal of 10k. cheesy And even aiming for higher charges. cheesy
APC has really done us good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) ... (4947) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: YoungB1a(m), PendragonVII, KanielOutis92 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.