Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:44 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1898) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1600394 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:05am On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The problem is Donj is a very emotional person and doesn’t remember some of the things he’s said under the influence of his emotions .

U sef u worry ; u have a penchant for always coming through with receipts anytime DonJ throws challenge open about what he said and what he didn’t say in the past 🤣

Blueray you should know disingenuity when you see it.

The context has been blurred despite me even explaining indepth what exactly I meant.

Traditionally when the accusations of Lagos being a no man's land is made, it is geared as saying nobody historically owns the place, I personally have said on multiple occasions that that is false, that a subgroup of yorubas own the place.

But there is different context for no man's land when it's said, we are talking of it's current make-up.

Look at amoto talking about sunak not saying London is a no man's land, in this case it is apples and oranges because a direct parallel would be a togolose trying to say Lagos doesn't belong to nigerians.

Given the context of amoto's analogy, "who owns London, or newyork or California"?
Is it a particular tribe? Does it not belong to the entire country by virtue of it's make up?

Will someone born in London be claiming to have more rights than a Liverpudlian or a Tynesider?

My particular context there is already self explanatory, yes the egun's are the traditional inhabitants of Lagos, but Lagos in its current demographic make up does not belong to a single tribe. Infact the ethnic lagosians are heavily outnumbered. It's diversity can be attested to the fact that many of it's political leaders are not ethnic lagosians. Again, Lagos is our newyork and London of Africa. It is where everyone comes to and feels at home.

I just want us to stop seeing tribe as a factor. People weaponizing tribal affiliation in Lagos are causing serious harm.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:05am On Mar 08, 2023
Violence o' clock
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:05am On Mar 08, 2023
grin grin grin

.... just with a common hand trowel, dem don dig dis one grave finish.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:06am On Mar 08, 2023
seankafor:
doc is the most dangerous snake 🐍 in this thread..

He doesn't attack or insult you to your face, he throws a subtle jibe to ginger any brawl or attack on you..

So many oldies here are kids in 50's clothing

Thank you so much 🙏

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:06am On Mar 08, 2023
afrodoc2:

Correct. Not just ope but also iyin.

grin

Ẹyin Olúwa lógo.......!!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:07am On Mar 08, 2023
This explanation would be best released as a Netflix special.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:08am On Mar 08, 2023
OasisX:

grin

Ẹyin Olúwa lógo.......!!!

No. It should be done with class. More like “E fiyin foluwa”.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:08am On Mar 08, 2023
Blueraydick shebi I tell you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:09am On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U see that Jandor guy ehn, I saw through the dig Fashola threw at him and the rebuttal he gave afterwards ; Jandor is one of those guys working as aide to politicians and when he noticed he might get better opportunities as time advances, he decided to polish himself and get some certificates .

If u follow the timeline of events, Fashola claimed he was a cameraman who followed him around and felt he could suddenly became governor . While Jandor was responding , he refuted the claim he was a camera man but acknowledged he was absorbed into the state broadcasting service .

In between both of them’s stories the truth is somewhere . My personal opinion is that Jandor was just a normal smart guy (A Lagos ACN/APC guy ) who got close to the seat of power, quickly used the money he was getting to get some certificates and his bosses had no choice but to absorb him into the civil service . He probably felt disgruntled about the current situation of things and left to join PDP.

His ex-bosses in the APC like fashola probably feel he’s now Nza the bird and he’s decided to challenge his “chi” by contesting against APC after benefitting from the old APC structure . So that’s why Fashola had to shade him and that’s why his O’levels are flying upandan the internet now grin

He go dey alright las las sha . I won’t be surprised if he eventually returns to APC and rues his misadventures in the PDP later in the future .

Very interesting perspective.

My take away from all of these is a line from Eminems song, lose yourself. "Do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime"

The guy saw an opportunity and has grabbed it with both hands.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:09am On Mar 08, 2023
grin

Eyán bí Ìgbín lo ń re gbìn lóòótọ́.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by hopefulLandlord: 8:10am On Mar 08, 2023
Wether we accept it or not the reality is that tribalism exists everywhere in Nigeria just like racism in biracial countries. we and those countries can pretend that's not the case but tribalism rears its ugly head through subtle signs that even the tribalistic person wouldn't realise it unless it's pointed to him/her and even when done such a person can still deny.

tribalism will always apply during elections in a multitribal country like Nigeria and it takes a smart and lucky politician to convince many of "opposing" tribe to leave their own tribe and vote for him. this is something Obi worked very hard to achieve and he did in Lagos, an Anambra person winning Lagos state is unprecedented since I've been alive but I wasn't shocked looking at the happenings before the election as he was convincing to many yorubas. Many yorubas actually voted for him

However this Chinedu GRV guy would have a huge roadblock in trying to replicate what Obi achieved in Lagos because of 3 things all tribal

1. having Chinedu in his name
2. his inability to speak Yoruba fluently
3. his now deleted social media posts

truth is from my conversations with random Yoruba people on internet they have no problem with 1, infact most don't even mind that at all. however when one adds 2 and 3 to the mix it becomes too hard to ignore for them because those who come from places where the name "Chinedu" comes from would actually not allow an "Adebola" who can't speak Igbo fluently and has social media posts in reverse to lead their state.
I've used tricks to reverse the question to those Igbos on social media if they'd allow this Adebola and aside one person all 25 people I discussed with and 12 of them are campaigning for GRV said they wouldn't allow that in their own land. what it means is that they want to be the one doing the dishing and other tribes taking it and shutting up but wouldn't let reverse happen.
They only pretend not to be tribalistic cuz they have a goal in mind and that goal seems to favour their tribe

one can keep preaching about detribalisation during election as much as possible but it won't change facts that during election people vote in the following lines

1 party lines
2 tribal lines
3 candidate lines
4. competency lines
5. Regional lines
etc

A smart politician would make sure he's able to make people vote for him/her by convincing them he's not actually against their tribe and he's more competent than his opponents. That's how you win votes IMO

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:10am On Mar 08, 2023
afrodoc2:

No. It should be done with class. More like “E fiyin foluwa”.

grin

Ẹ fi yín foluwa, Ìyìn lo yẹ ọ Baba ó lóore.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:11am On Mar 08, 2023
seankafor:
doc is the most dangerous snake 🐍 in this thread..

He doesn't attack or insult you to your face, he throws a subtle jibe to ginger any brawl or attack on you..

So many oldies here are kids in 50's clothing

Same thing with this damola dwarf.
Stay on the sidelines and be throwing shots. Too cowardly to engage directly.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:11am On Mar 08, 2023
OasisX:

grin

.... hope this is not fake as usual?

Lmaooo Read it again
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:12am On Mar 08, 2023
Tataffo:

I like the fact that you can cook too cheesy...But when your past was dug and you were found out,you said it was a jibe... Hopefully donJ doesn't use that excuse
Try harder this is a weak comeback you can do better than this, you can call for backup and y'all will get serious beat-down.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:12am On Mar 08, 2023
Ibukzy:
Wahala ooo

If he did not open the lane, thunder fire am

If he open the lane , Thunder still fire am

I am tired on the behalf of Sanwo Olu😔

Lmao naso ooo.. Let us behave like this sudden love has nothing to do with fear
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:14am On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Honestly , the way Sanwoolu dey go ehn, e come be like say make election dey happen every week for Lagos .

The guy dey listen now . He dey pension of retirees , he slash BRT fares by 50%, Dem
even dey do road maintenance for my area ; something dem no reason all these years .

Lmao.. The man is giving Jesus Christ a run for his money with the acts of good he is carrying out 😂😂😂.

Most Politicians are wicked 🙏

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:14am On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Honestly , the way Sanwoolu dey go ehn, e come be like say make election dey happen every week for Lagos .

The guy dey listen now . He dey pension of retirees , he slash BRT fares by 50%, Dem
even dey do road maintenance for my area ; something dem no reason all these years .

Is Lagos state not paying pension before? Lagos state has one of the best pension plan in the whole country and they pay regularly too.

The 50% in BRT fare started during the cash crunch.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:14am On Mar 08, 2023
cool

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 8:14am On Mar 08, 2023
Another "jibe" from an Agbaya in his 50's, Amoto94 no be so? but elluuuu-p bandwagon Kini Kan societal misfits....clown

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:15am On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The problem is Donj is a very emotional person and doesn’t remember some of the things he’s said under the influence of his emotions .

U sef u worry ; u have a penchant for always coming through with receipts anytime DonJ throws challenge open about what he said and what he didn’t say in the past 🤣

We have Ibos on this thread who live and have lived in Lagos for years not complaining but it's the one living in Abia wey carry am for head

Like he was more concerned about racism in America than those who actually live in America

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:15am On Mar 08, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:16am On Mar 08, 2023
Ibukzy:
Wahala ooo

If he did not open the lane, thunder fire am

If he open the lane , Thunder still fire am

I am tired on the behalf of Sanwo Olu😔

This is what I was talking about before. Now every work being done in lagos will be politicised. Close road for construction. Wicked man. Open uncomplicated Road. Wicked man.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:16am On Mar 08, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao naso ooo.. Let us behave like this sudden love has nothing to do with fear

When I keep seeing how fidgety sanwo has become, I'm convinced that they saw the real result labor actually won in this state and are very scared and shocked.

They are very lucky labor party did not have any single senatorial candidate on the ballot. I'm sure labor might have picked one or two.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:17am On Mar 08, 2023
Tataffo:
Another "jibe" from an Agbaya in his 50's, Amot.o94 no be so? but elluuuu-p bandwagon Kini Kan societal misfits....clown

Keep crying

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:17am On Mar 08, 2023
grin

This Man photographer sabi no be small. Happy Birthday to outgoing VP. An Ọmọlúàbí per excellence.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:18am On Mar 08, 2023
Melvyn11:
Those state governors won.
I don't think so bro.

The policy has served its purpose
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:19am On Mar 08, 2023

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:21am On Mar 08, 2023
raumdeuter:
GRV from Reno

I haven't listened to the audio

Any genuine link to this?
Knowing Reno headline could be completely opposite of what was actually said or intended.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:22am On Mar 08, 2023
Someone asked for evidence and him claiming Lagos is a no man's land I supplied it then he changed tactics to divert attention away. All of a sudden his attack dog came out barking at me for providing evidence of the claim he asked for.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:22am On Mar 08, 2023
Tataffo:
Another "jibe" from an Agbaya in his 50's, Amoto94 no be so? but elluuuu-p bandwagon Kini Kan societal misfits....clown

Is this from glorious?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:22am On Mar 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

This is what I was talking about before. Now every work being done in lagos will be politicised. Close road for construction. Wicked man. Open uncomplicated Road. Wicked man.

Na true.

Imagine pension that he has always paid oo, it's not as if Lagos no dey pay their retirees pension, go to Twitter and see the kind vile comments under the news that pension was paid. Even those that should know better are helping to spread the misinformation that hes just paying pensioners.

Nothing the man do will make them happy. They have been programmed to just hate for hating sake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Ibime(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.