Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,143 members, 7,880,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:36 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1626717 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) ... (4947) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 10:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
Inec result grin grin

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 10:33pm On Mar 24, 2023
What is it about slaves today,abeg abeg make I jam this REDEMPTION SONG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZpxaeICYyg
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2023
grin

Tweet that carry him where he know no......LMFAO

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 10:55pm On Mar 24, 2023
OasisX:

grin

.. dem don pressure am to delete it.

That's the video below;

https://twitter.com/TaxDoctorNG/status/1639375413314211840?t=OwoxQIa1bqtJDRfU3S6W0g&s=19

Chai, they really humbled this guy.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Ahhhh. grin

I thought it was Soludo that allegedly masterminded his arrest.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 11:03pm On Mar 24, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Wait this was the so called stalking and cyber bulling tweet

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

Nice argument but you are forgetting an important point which is : Africans are poor and poor people usually don't have the abundance of choice or options when determining their way of life. Yeah, it's very good to have cultural and indigenous names but in a poor continent with limited economic opportunities, individuals must be careful not to take certain steps to sabotage themselves further.

I don't know where you live but I assure you that worldwide having a name easy to pronounce and remember can rapidly elevate a person's career and growth in the most unexpected way. So, as an African in a global economy, do not do yourself the damage of choosing a name that is hard to pronounce and hard to recognise. The opportunities are few, don't limit yourself further. For example, The lead actor in the recent HBO TV series The Last of Us, Pedro Pascal switched his surname to his mother's surname after he migrated to the USA and people began to experience difficulty calling him with his previous surname. Who knows he might not have become a popular actor if he didn't take that smart decision?

Of course, for a person in a country with a rapidly growing and industrialised economy, this might not be necessary as numerous economic opportunities will be readily available in their home country thus limiting the need to go extra mile to position themselves for opportunities.

Be pragmatic in your decision always. Even if you must give your children your cultural/indigenous name, choose the ones that are easily pronounced and recognised.

Once the name isn't too long, the rest doesn't really matter. If the gift is there, the rest is trivial.

Native names like Okonjo Iweala, Wole Soyinka, Fela Anikulapo, Chihua Achebe, and the likes all became popular abroad mainly because of the gift of the bearers.

For the average American or European, all these names aren't easy to pronounce. Of course, a Nigerian will find them easy to pronounce.

In spite of the difficulty in pronouncing them by foreigners, those people still became highly successful on the global stage.

If you're really gifted in your art or profession, the kind of native name you bear doesn't really matter once it's not too long.

For instance, I don't see how naming my child "Adekunle" (which can be easily shortened as "Kunle" or any of the common Yoruba names we see around) will limit how far they'll go in life.

The general problem that could limit the success of any African on the global stage is his race, and you can't really do anything about that even if you bear American, English names, or Arabic names.

If not, some footballers like Sallah, Austin J. J. Okocha, and those with similar foreign names would have gone much further in their career, be hyped a lot more by the Western media, and won much more awards and accolades.

Racism and white supremacy exist in all fields of the world including science, and bearing American or English names as a black doesn't solve the problem.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:32pm On Mar 24, 2023
Trevor012:
Preach.
While doing some reading on the trans-atlantic slave trade this evening, I just realized I don't know much about the Arab-Muslim slave trade.

This is a different topic entirely, and I'll be doing more research about it soon.

It appears the topic doesn't receive much media attention like the trans-atlantic slave trade.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:46pm On Mar 24, 2023
airmark:

Chai, they really humbled this guy.

grin

.... seriously humbled.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
airmark:

Ahhhh. grin

I thought it was Soludo that allegedly masterminded his arrest.

grin

Nah.... na ordinary civilian as him.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 11:58pm On Mar 24, 2023
I really wish people will remove personal bias when they read @A001’s submissions about Africa, philosophy, culture and religion.

It is okay to disagree with many of his positions, I don’t agree with some but it’s also okay to also accept many of his positions have substance and are well written.

To those who have been engaged in this slave and cultural debate over the last 2 days, I am reading intently and impressed by the content from you guys.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 1:36am On Mar 25, 2023
OasisX:
grin

.. dem don pressure am to delete it.

That's the video below;

https://twitter.com/TaxDoctorNG/status/1639375413314211840?t=OwoxQIa1bqtJDRfU3S6W0g&s=19

You guys' selective application of logic is funny.

I thought the general consensus on these streets is that ANYTHING that gets deleted is a lie?

So why would you believe other people who tweet something only to delete them are spreading propaganda, but you don't think Chude deleted his apology video because the apology was a lie and probably made under duress?

Why do you think Amadi deleting his tweet is a confirmation of it being unverifiable, and not out of pressure, for one reason or the other?

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 1:37am On Mar 25, 2023
They will not keep mouth one place...

Do Igbos attack their own or they defend their own? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 1:44am On Mar 25, 2023
Amigoss:
Dem don pressure am to delete it

I love this. cheesy

Headless mob them that wants to set Nigeria on fire.

Why are they tweeting untruthful news about our hallowed courts of law? angry

If na Obidients dey carry fake news upandan like this, OasisX would have spammed the thread with the propaganda, while his party boys would have slithered out to be calling us names.

And then capping it off, for good measure(s), with some 'I am not like the other' Obidients coming out to gbam and egg them. Talmabout, 'I am an Obidient, but Obidients are too this, are too that. It's like what these people are saying about Obidients are true. We like to bleh bleh bleh.'

But now that BAT merchants have been caught spreading fake news, it's all crickets from the *opposition, and logical thinkers* alike.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:15am On Mar 25, 2023
raumdeuter:

Adventure don taya you? You no even get Mungo Park spirit

Honestly when one travels you get to appreciate the world more and some thing you take for granted in your area

Adventure don tire me oh grin

Nobody dey accept transfer for here. Strictly cash, and i no blame them. The closest bank here is the capital. Spending almost 5 hours to and fro just to withdraw 10k is somehow (asides the transport)

I no fit sleep sef. Thank God for Glo. The other networks no get Internet access here.

6 more hours to go grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 5:32am On Mar 25, 2023
Nekwe Landlord cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 5:32am On Mar 25, 2023
This my Landlord sef embarassed

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:37am On Mar 25, 2023
Nezzjnr:
This my Landlord sef embarassed
Own goal

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 5:45am On Mar 25, 2023
Roland17:
I really wish people will remove personal bias when they read @A001’s submissions about Africa, philosophy, culture and religion.

It is okay to disagree with many of his positions, I don’t agree with some but it’s also okay to also accept many of his positions have substance and are well written.

To those who have been engaged in this slave and cultural debate over the last 2 days, I am reading intently and impressed by the content from you guys.
Thank you, bros. I appreciate your thoughtful posts on this thread and those of similar highly intelligent members such as Ibime, BlueRayDick, and others.

International Day for Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade

Some tragedies in human history are so monstrous, and of such magnitude, that we resolve to commemorate the victims every year – to show them the respect that was denied to them in their lifetimes, and to ensure that this will never happen again.

Today we remember over 15 million African women, men and children who suffered the horror of enslavement and the trans-Atlantic slave trade over a period of 400 years.

We honour the resilience of those who endured and pay tribute to the memory of those who lost their lives, as well as those who struggled for freedom and their determination to uphold the dignity and equality of all human beings.

This year’s observance, which takes place as we commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, reminds us that despite years of work, racism – the ideology and harm that underpinned the trans-Atlantic slave trade – is still with us.

Racism marks out some people for lower-quality services, fewer opportunities, and pervasive, corrosive contempt. Racism brings exclusion, discrimination, hatred and conflict. And those who endure this racism, even today, are often descendants of those who suffered enslavement in the past.

Last month I undertook a visit to Haiti, a small country that played an immense role in ending the trans-Atlantic slave trade. At one point Haiti represented one third of the trans-Atlantic trade in enslaved Africans. It was also the location of the first massive revolt by enslaved people, demanding their fundamental rights as human beings. Toussaint Louverture, who was born a captive – enslaved from birth – led thousands of men and women in revolution, and won independence for his people.

Haiti is poor today, and its people suffer deeply from inequalities, underdevelopment and gang violence.

Many of these structural issues have roots in the exploitation and vicious harms perpetrated over generations during slavery.

But the people of Haiti are rich in culture, in ingenuity, in courage and in pride.

The history of slavery is a terrible reminder of inhuman suffering, injustice and loss. But it is also the story of a victorious struggle against oppression and for freedom – a quest to fulfil our universal human rights.

These rights are the founding principles of the United Nations, and they are the basis of sustainable development and peace. To meet the challenges that humanity faces today, we will need the free and full contributions of everyone. And that means fighting racism and the legacy of slavery, which is still at work all around us.

Racial discrimination is especially harmful to the women, men and children whose equality is denied, and whose rights are violated and blocked. But in a broader sense, racism damages us all. All of humanity is made poorer when groups of people are demeaned, dehumanised and held back from realising their full potential.

In this anniversary year of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, it is urgent that we renew our commitment to eliminating racism. And not just our commitment: our action.

So in 2023, how can we honour the memory of the victims of slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade? Working to dismantle its ideology of contempt and oppression, with effective implementation of strong policies and laws. Working to abolish its legacy of exploitation and structural inequalities – including in the use of human and natural resources, and between developed and developing countries.

And working to redress and correct its lasting consequences – including racist practises and policies in schools, law enforcement, health-care and employment.

On this day, I remember the millions of victims who were torn from their homes, sold and exploited. I honour their humanity.

Thank you

— António Guterres
https://www.ohchr.org/en/statements-and-speeches/2023/03/remembering-victims-trans-atlantic-slavery
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 6:16am On Mar 25, 2023
A001:

International Day for Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade

Some tragedies in human history are so monstrous, and of such magnitude, that we resolve to commemorate the victims every year – to show them the respect that was denied to them in their lifetimes, and to ensure that this will never happen again.
While slavery has long been abolished and has ended, it's worthwhile to note that slavery exists in different forms: physically and mentally.

The physical type of slavery has ended. But the mental type (religion) is still waxing strong: Billions of religious people in the world are religious and in some form of mental slavery.

Though many people will disagree, the origin of slavery and racism lies in religion, especially the traditional religions and Abrahamic religions.

Generally, religious people regard themselves as a slave of their god. Yet, this god is just an ancestor, a past being.

Even if you disagree with this glaring fact, you can't deny the human-like traits of your god in his religious text.

In the past, some adherents of African traditional religions engaged in slave trade among themselves and even sold their fellow Africans to the Europeans and Arabs.

Christianity and Islam were important tools the slave masters used to conquer the minds of their African slaves.

Even if slave trade wasn't illegal in the past, it has always been wrong and amoral and will always remain so.

The historical contributions of these religions, especially Christianity and Islam, and their gods to slavery should always be remembered.

These religions, which are mere political tools of mind control, have over time limited the growth and development of this planet.

While the African traditional religions have their numerous flaws, they're still the best choice for Africans that feel they can't do without a religion.

Any true son/daughter of the soil should take time to research the history of slavery and colonialism in Africa, especially the trans-atlantic slave trade and Arab slave trade and note how Christianity and Islam served as a key tool that helped European and Arab slave masters and colonialists successfully enslave their fellow humans (who they regarded as "properties" ).

If you're sensible as an African, you'd know those two religions are an existential threat to all that you hold dear (your family, culture, values, norms, traditions) as an African.

Due to these religions, Africans have lost most of their history, and their cultures have become weakened.

European and Arab slave masters and colonialists deliberately destroyed monuments and cultural sites in Africa to wipe out African history.

Christianity and Islam are mere elements of the European and Arabic cultures respectively. Nothing special in them.

Knowing African history as a (black) race and preserving it is crucial to our survival and development on this planet.

If you're too weak mentally and too unintelligent to learn and preserve your history and culture as a people, other peoples (cultures) that are mentally stronger than you will manufacture and rewrite your history for you and enslave you with it.

A people that don't know their history won't grow and develop because they'll always repeat the mistakes of the past, won't be able to learn from their past mistakes, and will soon become a dead/extinct people (culture).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 6:22am On Mar 25, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Chude don learn his lessons, now humbled. Go and sin no more. Apologies accepted.

https://twitter.com/chude__/status/1639340538024296469?t=k5i8AOii5NNnmfyDG6AhHw&s=19

I'm really happy how this turned out and hope this brings some level of sanity to twitter and social media in general.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:33am On Mar 25, 2023
grin

Wheelchair Crooners.... una don vex one of una gods ó........LMFAO

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 6:37am On Mar 25, 2023
obainojazz:
Own goal
cheesy cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 6:46am On Mar 25, 2023
Roland17:

The thing is, he can't prove how intelligible he actually is.
I'm one of those that used to calm down and read some of the articles he posts no matter how long because I thought it stimulates the mind but I found out that once you engage him, you're met with a barrage of insults.

Once you render an opinion or counter opinion, you automatically become "low IQ", "foolish" or "ignorant" and he ends up making people avoid him because of that lack of emotional maturity.

For instance I find out what I think is a major flaw in a particular line of reasoning of his.

A001 says religious people are mentally enslaved and I agree wholeheartedly to that statement but upon elucidation you see our divergent views. He seems to think religious people are mentally enslaved to their Colonial masters or that black people are mentally enslaved to white people via religion but I think that all religious people, regardless of race, country or tribe are enslaved to religion itself not to another foreign group of people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:49am On Mar 25, 2023
Nezzjnr:
Nekwe Landlord cheesy cheesy cheesy

The guy is very funny sha grin

See how he stylishly used the words “ we can never sell our house ….. we are increasing our house rent for all Igbo living in our house “…..🤣🤣🤣

He obviously doesn’t have money to buy one bag of cement or one paint bucket of sand, yet he dey use plural possessive pronoun “our” , to count himself amongst those that matter in the scheme of things .

What shall it profit a man to use pronoun possess wetin he no get offline, only to resume begging online ?

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 6:50am On Mar 25, 2023
Donjazet2:

The thing is, he can't prove how intelligible he actually is.
I'm one of those that used to calm down and read some of the articles he posts no matter how long because I thought it stimulates the mind but I found out that once you engage him, you're met with a barrage of insults.

Once you render an opinion or counter opinion, you automatically become "low IQ", "foolish" or "ignorant" and he ends up making people avoid him because of that lack of emotional maturity.
How far have you gone in spreading your dangerous and foolish ideologies among your fellow Igbo brothers that Africa history is useless and has no value, that African cultures (including the Ibo culture) are barbaric and savage and should be abolished?

I don't think you've spread your silly ideas among them offline at all. Something tells me you know you'd receive a worse backlash that what you got here.

Imbe

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 6:55am On Mar 25, 2023
Empty brain criticising Nigerian politicians when he's much worse. If imbes like you get to powerful positions in the country/continent, the black (African) race will soon become extinct.

Foolish people like this should always be kept as far as possible away from the corridors of power.

We need politicians that are thinkers to lead, not dimwits.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 6:56am On Mar 25, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The guy is very funny sha grin

See how he stylishly used the words “ we can never sell our house ….. we are increasing our house rent for all Igbo living in our house “…..🤣🤣🤣

He obviously doesn’t have money to buy one bag of cement or one paint bucket of sand, yet he dey use plural possessive pronoun “our” , to count himself amongst those that matter in the scheme of things .

What what it profit a man to use pronoun possess wetin he no get offline, only to resume begging online ?
People wey be Landlords no dey loud am. cheesy cheesy

I felt pity for him though
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 7:02am On Mar 25, 2023
tongue
A001:
Empty brain criticising Nigerian politicians when he's much worse. If imbes like you get to powerful positions in the country/continent, the black (African) race will soon become extinct.

Foolish people like this should always be kept as far as possible away from the corridors of power.

We need politicians that are thinkers to lead, not dimwits.

Roland17, case in point! grin grin

There is nobody who has ever engaged this fool who got out of it sane. It must always end in abuses if the person is not tolerant enough.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:02am On Mar 25, 2023
Nezzjnr:

People wey be Landlords no dey loud am. cheesy cheesy

I felt pity for him though

I don’t pity people like that ; they feel they are doing a good job talking down on other people online . Sometimes u need to wonder if God is delaying their blessings cos of the kinda e veil thoughts in their minds.

Imagine a man without owing 1 centimeter of land thinking like him; only God knows whether he won’t do more than rent increment sef if indeed he owns lands and houses . Like increase house rent because because u and ur tenant don’t agree on the same political ideology ?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 7:10am On Mar 25, 2023
Donjazet2:
tongue

Roland17, case in point! grin grin

There is nobody who has ever engaged this fool who got out of it sane. It must always end in abuses if the person is not tolerant enough.
I've engaged different people here, some intelligent and some imbes like you.

Anytime you want to make a fool of yourself calling African history useless, African cultures barbaric, savage and should be abolished, make sure you stay as far away as possible from this moniker.

M.oron.

He's even ashamed of his low IQ to propagate his stupid ideas among fellow Ibos offline.

Powerful Europeans and Arabs do all in their power to wipe out African history for their hegemonic agenda.

Africans that are imbes like this also aid their enemies in Europe and Arabia to wipe out his own history (who knows maybe he has a dark past he's trying desperately to hide) as an African.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) ... (4947) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: superfelix, Roland17(m), OkpaNsukkaisBae(m), chrisooblog, Godstime001 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.