Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,268 members, 7,881,031 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:11 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1628147 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) (2350) ... (4948) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:47am On Apr 16, 2023
izzou:

Which FG road in Lagos did OBJ refuse to fix, that BAT fixed?

You lived in festac. You remember maza maza and how messed up it was. Well in 2002 Tinubu had a billboard erected - this road is the property of the federal govt of Nigeria, please bear with us.

Because lasg wanted to fix the road, and Obj would not let it happen.

You can also remember we had a long argument about the whole lagos Badagry expressway. It was after Obj left that planning and work on rehabilitation and expansion of the road began, because yardua had no issues with it.

You must understand that Tinubu was pushing for less dependence on Abuja. Not just in roads, but in power matters as well. I am sure we can recall some excerpts from elrufais book shared here where Tinubu was portrayed as some sort of criminal for pushing for what is being celebrated today as a major milestone in Nigerias energy industry - states generating their own power.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:50am On Apr 16, 2023
izzou:

You are picking your evidences online naa.

If David was serious, he should have started sourcing for documentation before posting anything

Let us see a mail from Guinean Government acknowledging that BAT is a citizen

Let us see documents that BAT filed for the citizenship.

Journalism these days sef...

I remember Kemi's NYSC saga. Premium Times didn't start sharing snippets. They investigated from Alpha to Omega and then published it. At that point, nobody could save Kemi sef.

This case is almost dead on arrival, but i won't spoil your fun.
My 'picking' evidences online doesn't equate to Obi doing anything.
I hope David will provide even more evidence to give this authenticity.
If he doesn't then we die it.. Till then we are gonna talk about it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2023
izzou:

Ohh Sorry

So which road(s) is that?
I don't know of any such road, Glorious can tell you, but, what I do know is during that time, Obj hounded BAT as if there's no tomorrow, all because BAT created additional LCDAs.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2023
GloriousGbola:

You lived in festac. You remember maza maza and how messed up it was. Well in 2002 Tinubu had a billboard erected - this road is the property of the federal govt of Nigeria, please bear with us.

Because lasg wanted to fix the road, and Obj would not let it happen.

You can also remember we had a long argument about the whole lagos Badagry expressway. It was after Obj left that planning and work on rehabilitation and expansion of the road began

You must understand that Tinubu was pushing for less dependence on Abuja. Not just in roads, but in power matters as well. I am sure we can recall some excerpts from elrufais book shared here where the man was portrayed as some sort of criminal for pushing for what is being celebrated today as a major milestone in Nigerias energy industry

Maza Maza is still on Lagos Badagry expressway, and yes it was a mess in the early 2000s

The reason? There was a junction just in front of First gate. It caused a lot of traffic and accidents too.

The roads to Badagry were not terrible. It was just two lanes, but it was very okay. In less than an hour, you would get to Agbara from Mile 2.

Tinubu will not be fighting to fix FG roads, when state roads in Lagos was a mess. Or were all the state roads in Lagos okay?

Roads were bad then, including state roads too.

So how a sitting governor would be fighting to fix FG roads, when his own responsibility is not finished is confusing

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
what exactly did David provide? Kindly point it to me.
David provided a picture and a story of details to Tinubu’s drug crime. If you argue it was known to people then I promise you David made it even more famous.

Now this is a new potential issue that David has provided just pictorial evidence.. We will wait for more details..

For now I'm interested in it and would love to talk about it..

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
I don't know of any such road, Glorious can tell you, but, what I do know is during that time, Obj hounded BAT as if there's no tomorrow, all because BAT created additional LCDAs.
😂😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2023
ShaqFu:

It was the LCDA issue that was the problem.

Nothing more.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

My 'picking' evidences online doesn't equate to Obi doing anything.
I hope David will provide even more evidence to give this authenticity.
If he doesn't then we die it.. Till then we are gonna talk about it

Okay sir
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:59am On Apr 16, 2023
izzou:

Maza Maza is still on Lagos Badagry expressway, and yes it was a mess in the early 2000s

The reason? There was a junction just in front of First gate. It caused a lot of traffic and accidents too.

The roads to Badagry were not terrible. It was just two lanes, but it was very okay. In less than an hour, you would get to Agbara from Mile 2.

Tinubu will not be fighting to fix FG roads, when state roads in Lagos was a mess. Or were all the state roads in Lagos okay?

Roads were bad then, including state roads too.

So how a sitting governor would be fighting to fix FG roads, when his own responsibility is not finished is confusing

Let me put it this way

I am a governor. A technocrat. I take a strategic approach to problems. We execute an audit of all the roads in lagos. We identify the ones that need immediate attention. We do this because we cannot fix all the roads at once. So We draw up a plan for fixing the most critical roads first. We have a master plan for improving transport in lagos state

Then we engage stakeholders. (in this case the fg) And they say no it is our road, you can't touch it. Project stalled.

You will notice that today fg has hands off federal road s everywhere and allows states to fix and claim the money after.

Also, In line with what you said, so who do you think eventually closed the junction? The fg or lasg?

Who has converted the road to a dual carriageway?
Do you think with the increase in traffic the road would still be very okay today, 20 years later?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:01am On Apr 16, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

David provided a picture and a story of details to Tinubu’s drug crime. If you argue it was known to people then I promise you David made it even more famous.

Now this is a new potential issue that David has provided just pictorial evidence.. We will wait for more details..

All David did was recycle a nowhere story released by SR in the 2000s.he got a clearer copy of the document. Nothing more.

It is a story that will live rent free forever in the minds of obidients, but a story that to this day, no mainstream media house (local or foreign) will touch. That is all you need to know about the validity of the story
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:07am On Apr 16, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I am a governor. I take a strategic approach to problems. We execute an audit of all the roads in lagos. We identify the ones that need immediate attention. We do this because we cannot fix all the roads at once. So We draw up a plan for fixing the most critical roads first.

Then we engage stakeholders. And they say no

You will notice that today fg has hands off federal road s and allows states to fix and claim the money after.

In line with what you said, so who do you think eventually closed the junction? The fg or lasg?

Who has converted the road to a dual carriageway?

I am only questioning why you think a Governor would be fighting to fix a FG road when he hasn't done half of his responsibilities.

Lagos was not heaven in 2007. Let us not forget so easily.

Transformation of Oshodi, VI, Lekki and the Islands did not happen in BAT time.

Lagos/Ibadan expressway that gave headaches for years, why didn't BAT, Fashola do anything? Or was Obasanjo stopping him?

Apapa/Oshodi was serious headache too. Why didn't he do it?

This thing na agenda bros. BAT and OBJ had their differences, but let us not exaggerate it to a point that BAT was begging for responsibilities.

Lagos had more than enough problems for BAT to start looking to help another person do his job

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:09am On Apr 16, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Obj did not have issues with Tinubu?

The same Obj who would not fix neglected federal roads and refused to allow Tinubu to fix the same roads?

The same Obj that had tafa write us law enforcement for details of Tinubu's case?

Same Obj who withheld LG allocation?

Obj didn’t fix neglected roads in other states too, not just Lagos alone .

How did OBJ ask Tafa write US law enforcement ? . Obj had nothing to do with Tafa’s letter it was Tinubu’s party AD that asked Tafa to to make enquiries about Tinubu’s alleged drug case/money laundering charges

https://allafrica.com/stories/200302110527.html

Obj witheld funds of 4 different states for the same reason as Lagos’

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:16am On Apr 16, 2023
izzou:

[color=royalblue]

Transformation of Oshodi, VI, Lekki and the Islands did not happen in BAT time.

Lagos/Ibadan expressway that gave headaches for years, why didn't BAT, Fashola do anything? Or was Obasanjo stopping him?

Apapa/Oshodi was serious headache too. Why didn't he do it?

And how many of those roads were state roads? Nothing could be done on any federal road in lagos until after Obj left and yardua who had no issues with Tinubu came in.

As for lagos Ibadan expressway, obj concessioned that to bi Courtney, along with mma2.

https://lagoslink.com/federal-roads-in-lagos/

This is a list of federal roads in lagos. Outside of apapa oshodi, did the fg touch any of them during Objs tenure?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:22am On Apr 16, 2023
GloriousGbola:

And how many of those roads were state roads? Nothing could be done on any federal road in lagos until after Obj left and yardua who had no issues with Tinubu came in.

As for lagos Ibadan expressway, obj concessioned that to bi Courtney, along with mma2.

https://lagoslink.com/federal-roads-in-lagos/

This is a list of federal roads in lagos. Outside of apapa oshodi, did the fg touch any of them during Objs tenure?

This list is as mischievous as the HTML site itself

Apapa/Oshodi expressway starts from Wharf down to Oshodi. Which one is Apapa/Tincan again? Is that a separate Expressway?

Lagos/Ikorodu Expressway starts from Ikorodu Roundabout down to Marina. Which one is Maryland/ Apongbon again?

Herbert Macaulay is in Yaba, Osborne is in Ikoyi. So which expressway connects both?

They gave a summary of the FG roads and I think that's the only sensible thing there

Apapa/Oshodi
Lagos/Ikorodu
Third Mainland
Lagos/Badagry

So BAT was begging to fix these roads then? Hmmmm

I wouldn't know which and which OBJ touched.

I never begin waka that time, like i do now. I was a kid then
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2023
cc:
magnoliaa.
Pinkpillers..

'my ex never stressed me abt cooking. He even preferred buying us food. There was a day I fried egg & added excess salt. He only said..."0dunayo, shey na because u no dey chop egg na why u wan kill me with salt" And that's it. He ate his egg in peace'.

0ther Pinkpillers... go girl! if its by that one eehh let me just remain single abeg.

.... As 4 me, I like dates/hangouts, takeouts, lets try different restaurants & the likes or he'd cook.

no wonder the bf dumped odunayo. How long will u continue 2 buy takeaways? Say ur mama get diabetes etc. wey dem no dey eat anyhow. man go dey buy takeaway 4 her too. she go die quickly be dat.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Illusioneffect(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2023
Donjazet2:
Okay so these are my very best season movies of all time! Across all genres.

What makes a good season movie for me are;

-wonderful storyline or scriptwriting, that is, good intricate interwoven plotlines that leave you wanting more. Eg, Breaking bad, sense8, the wire etc.
-Superb cinematic production value. Series that when you watch, you see that money was well spent, the asthetics, scenery and the likes were well crafted. Game of thrones, legend of seeker, the west wing.

Top notch Creativity.
Wonderful performances from the actors. Olivia pope in scandal, Annalise Keating in HTGAWM. Jack Bauer of 24 etc. Malik of mr robot. House of cards.

Of course educative and informative.

So these are my very best seasonal movies. Many possess all or most of the qualities i listed above. I just couldn't get enough. Although some disappointed with the endings but the vast majority were jaw dropping.

Ps; i love all genres of series apart from maybe "religious and conservative series". My favorite genre has to be political drama series. Any series that has the office of the president or a form of government intrigue, constantly features the white house or pentagon or other bureaucracy like the CIA, FBI or the likes. So sometimes this can mix up with detective series. But political dramas like west wing, house of cards, scandal, veep, 24 are some of my favorite.

In no particular order but my top 5 being the very best before the rest of the best.
The wire
Game of thrones
The west wing (i cannot overemphasize this series enough)
Breaking bad
Midnight mass
Squid games.
House of cards
Fargo
Ozarks
Peaky blinders
True detective
Homeland
Fringe
Mr robot.
Money heist.
Elite
Veep
How to get away with murder
Vikings
Scandal
Better call Saul
Boston legal
Person of interest
Suits
Desperate housewives.
Billions
Succession
Narcos
Criminal minds
Smallville (just personal appeal)
Madam secretary
The boys

There you have it!
There is not a single series you would watch on this list that you wouldn't enjoy and want more.
These are the very best of entertainment from my experience.

Thank God you said personal appeal
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:46am On Apr 16, 2023
https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/12/10/obj-bombs-jonathan-soyinka-atiku-tinubu-chukwumerije-alabi-isama/

On Asiwaju Bola Tinubu

“None of the non-PDP governors in the South-West or Edo and Delta ever threw insults at me, except for Bola Tinubu whose actions I see as a product of his birth, upbringing, education and character. He set up media organisations and bought media establishments and practitioners to carry out his mission. Gbenga Daniel was in the same boat as Bola Tinubu. I used to describe Bola as being completely fake in everything except in being a human being. However, when APC party leaders including Bola Tinubu paid me a courtesy visit on December 22, 2013, I did not hesitate to say that whatever view or opinion one might hold about Bola Tinubu, (and I hold a strong one), he was a different political animal in 2014 from the one he was in 1999. One must give him that. I also pointed out that he would need to mend fences and to change tactics.”

https://dailypost.ng/2012/03/26/in-interview-tinubu-blasts-obj/

Can you recall anyone you lost?

I think it was the democratization process itself; it’s true that I didn’t want Obasanjo to be the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and there was no doubt about that. I lost that one; I didn’t want him. I didn’t want to see him at all from inception.

Why?
Because anybody who has worn the uniform described as camouflage has learnt the art of deception and that’s the way I see Obasanjo. He had meetings and meetings with MKO Abiola. I was with him, I believe four of us including Dele Alake, and we had ‘amala’ and vegetable soup with hot pepper in Abiola’s house. Everybody was yawning, sweating and looking for water with MKO Abiola and Obasanjo behaving as if it wasn’t as hot as we made it seem; behaving as if they had this deep understanding. Then, not up to two weeks after that, Obasanjo went away to Zimbabwe and announced from there that Abiola was not the messiah.

Haba! After that, I developed that mistrust on him; I couldn’t believe that a man could do that. Stand by some principles, stand by some integrity, stand transparently and honestly on matter of facts and as you lead other people to believe you and support you as a key pillar. Then, I start to think whether this man came to Abiola and collected information; information that we had heard that he wanted to be Shonekan; he wanted to be an interim leader and not Shonekan. So, when they presented him that he was going to be the candidate of the other party, I said that Nigeria was in for trouble. Can I believe this man? No, I cannot trust him.

Is that one of the reasons why you have not congratulated him on his 75th birthday?

I didn’t even remember his birthday. I opened the newspaper and saw it. There are so many problems confronting us. I won’t blame anybody who doesn’t read my birthday greetings. I won’t blame them if they say they didn’t see it, there are so many problems confronting the nation. There are so many news items that are seriously more newsworthy than to be looking for Obasanjo’s congratulatory messages in the newspaper. A man who had great opportunity to put Nigeria on the right path and failed to do so; failed to do even the Otta road, not Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. What am I celebrating about him? That’s the truth. He deceptively dealt with the country and he handed over to a man who knew he was ill. Obasanjo is a leader that could not find another successor capable of driving through his vision for the country.

@blueraydick
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
This thing though.
So like this the moment you have 2 citizenships just forget presidency and vice presidency.
God abeg oo.
Who write our constitution na proper werey

Omggg.

I can't believe I mistook you for a second yesterday with that dude. 😂😂😂

I for say now.

I nor dey rate senselessly or carelessly.

The capslock and lower cases mix made you guys' monikers seem similar to me.

I remember it is YOU I have commended in here.

Ehen, that was why I was shocked that "you" will go to a pinkpill thread and go and comment nonsense. 😁

And I openly came to respond in here.

I am just seeing that you're two different people, and I never actually, in the first place, rated that moomoo, lmaooo.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 11:00am On Apr 16, 2023
Official: Senator Aisha Dashiru popularly known as Binani is elected Governor of Adamawa. She becomes the first Female Governor in Nigeria

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/apc-binani-declared-winner-of-adamawa-governorship-election/amp/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 11:00am On Apr 16, 2023
stxrlight:
I live.Long.Nprospa - you deserve these [🍾 👑] for your comebacks.

😂😂

Yuppp.

This is it.

I for nor respond if I didn't think it was you sef. 🙄
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 11:02am On Apr 16, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

pictorial evidence of what exactly? Where exactly is this picture? What does the picture reveal?

Can you post it here?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:05am On Apr 16, 2023
How can u guys be applauding a lady who doesn't know how 2 fry odinary egg? Championing equal rights & opportunities for women is good. But a lady shld know that she's a potential wife, daughter~inlaw & mother. I no hate woman. Why shld I? wen i have a mother, aunty, & cousin sisters who I pray they marry good men who will treat them nice.

For the insults, you can do better.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
pictorial evidence of what exactly? Where exactly is this picture? What does the picture reveal?

Can you post it here?

this is the hard evidence that has obidients jizzing in thier pants

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2023
Emaprince:
You had to bring it here?

Enle o, EPL Chatroom Constable. undecided
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 11:10am On Apr 16, 2023
GloriousGbola:

seriously?

This clearly looks like a badly photoshopped job of our Nigerian passport.

His nationality is Guinea and his owns a Nigerian passport? 🤨

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 11:11am On Apr 16, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
How can u guys be applauding a lady who doesn't know how 2 fry odinary egg? Championing equal rights & opportunities for women is good. But a lady shld know that she's a potential wife & mother. I no hate woman. Why shld I? wen i have a mother, aunty, & cousin sisters who I pray they marry good men who will treat them nice.

Pardon me, which lady doesn't know how to fry egg?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2023
izzou:
Today na Mother's day again?

I think say we just finish one

Because of why? 🙄🙄

I am still waiting for two more before the year ends.

Because we've all seen in the past two days how men unanimously agreed to their mothers' influences in their lives. 😁

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 11:14am On Apr 16, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Not my fault you are blind.

Can't you see that the 2 pocs have the same background? Look at the logo on Tinubu's paper passport and compare to this one. Are they not the same?

Ara agbaala Obidients

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:20am On Apr 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
Pardon me, which lady doesn't know how to fry egg?

one of them PinkPillers... Take a trip to pinkpillers thread page thirty-six.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Kholiwe(f): 11:24am On Apr 16, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
How can u guys be applauding a lady who doesn't know how 2 fry odinary egg? Championing equal rights & opportunities for women is good. But a lady shld know that she's a potential wife & mother. I no hate woman. Why shld I? wen i have a mother, aunty, & cousin sisters who I pray they marry good men who will treat them nice.

So your biggest factor in a spouse is cooking? Get a darned cook dude and stop being petty. If you truly love a woman, whether she can cook or not will not be an issue.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 11:27am On Apr 16, 2023
folake4u:
Mango na you fuçk up rate them oh. grin grin

It wasn't actually the person I thought it was sha. embarassed

But everything I said is still a truth I stand by. grin

Nevertheless, still keeping my standards stringent on whom I relate or don't relate with online will not be be left slackened.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by hopefulLandlord: 11:27am On Apr 16, 2023
Kholiwe:

So your biggest factor in a spouse is cooking? Get a darned cook dude and stop being petty. If you truly love a woman, whether she can cook or not will not be an issue.

I'm of the strong opinion that a woman should know how to cook. honestly your post shocked me to the marrow

I'm curious though. in your opinion what should be the biggest factor in a spouse?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) (2350) ... (4948) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Realtord43, GloriousGbola, Taguchi, Singapore1(m), BlueRayDick, nihilistjnr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.