Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,377 members, 7,950,811 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:47 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1857271 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) ... (5274) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:09pm On May 31, 2023
raumdueter

Egbon Dayo, this is what I was talking about during that our conversation around subsidy removal.

The first few days and months of the administration shouldn't be used to defend this kind of policy. The beginning of the administration is when the goodwill is always at the highest and should have been used to implement policies to gain the trust of the people.

This subsidy removal automatically puts the administration on a defensive because they will be trying to defend the policy. Being on the defensive is never a good way to start a new administration.

Hopefully Tinubu can steady this else this is what will define his administration.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 7:09pm On May 31, 2023
Daily Trust reports that the oil firm has directed its outlets nationwide to sell fuel between N480 and N570 per litre.

This is a fair price I must say, if they can keep it around this range, there's no need to panic.

Collect license of any defaulter and make him pay.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:10pm On May 31, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Why are u rushing ? Chill male term finish fess , ur bill go reach u 🌚
School bus na monthly alawee😂
You no get experience yet
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:10pm On May 31, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Mourinho is very notorious in scoring and parking double decker buses
That tactics no they fail

Ehn let him do it and win na. As you can dey advise Sevilla
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:10pm On May 31, 2023
OasisX:
PBAT's 1st official diplomatic engagement, post-Inauguaration Day, is today with Peng Qinghua, Vice Chair, Standing Committee of China's National People’s Congress.
make dis chinko man no squeeze and break our bat hand oo angry

Mehn bat 🦇 ug no be small cry

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:12pm On May 31, 2023
TrebleChamp:
I want to buy because it's an Android TV, reason i ask for user review. TCL tv are not that cheap sha, my current TV us iTech 46" smart tv i bought at Konga Festac in 2019.
Omo the way those konga dey shove that itec brand to their customers eeh, I wonder if it's that special
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:12pm On May 31, 2023
larride:
raumdueter

Egbon Dayo, this is what I was talking about during that our conversation around subsidy removal.

The first few days and months of the administration shouldn't be used to defend this kind of policy. The beginning of the administration is when the goodwill is always at the highest and should have been used to implement policies to gain the trust of the people.

This subsidy removal automatically puts the administration on a defensive because they will be trying to defend the policy. Being on the defensive is never a good way to start a new administration.

Hopefully Tinubu can steady this else this is what will define his administration.
Honestly you dan change
Buhari really humble you

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:13pm On May 31, 2023
larride:
raumdueter

enjoy it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:14pm On May 31, 2023
Itsrm:

Ehn let him do it and win na. As you can dey advise Sevilla
Abegi he should stop cowardly football why will Sevilla have 90%possession and still lose
O wrong na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:16pm On May 31, 2023
Below is what Tinubu stated in 2012 as conditions that must be in place before any government should attempt to remove Subsidy

1. Throw away the salad of corruption in NNPC

2. Lay foundation for a mass transit system in the railways and road network with long term bonds

3.Develop the energy sector and revitalize Nigeria’s economy .

In all honesty which of these has been adequately put in place before Tinubu removed subsidy ?

Source: https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/01/11/removal-of-oil-subsidy-president-jonathan-breaks-social-contract-with-the-people

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:20pm On May 31, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Abegi he should stop cowardly football why will Sevilla have 90%possession and still lose
O wrong na

Except that Sevilla themselves are not saints cheesy They are as guilty as Mourinho

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 7:20pm On May 31, 2023
Segedinho:

Weda NLC or not......Nigeria will burn when the effect of this subsidies spreads to foodstuffs .......

Hmmmmmm. Remember, Tinubu said before the presidential election that no matter how long Nigerians protest, he will remove subsidy if elected the president.

We just need anything that will cushion the effect. I don't think there's going back on this. May God help us all. It won't be easy but I pray God makes it easy for us.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:24pm On May 31, 2023
monerozi5590:

Hmmmmmm. Remember, Tinubu said before the presidential election that no matter how long Nigerians protest, he will remove subsidy if elected the president.

We just need anything that will cushion the effect. I don't think there's going back on this. May God help us all. It won't be easy but I pray God makes it easy for us.
Make e first start ......

U go know say hunger no get mate
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:29pm On May 31, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Honestly you dan change
Buhari really humble you

I was against GEJ removing subsidy without adequate measure, same with Buhari. There's a reason why Buhari with his "I don't care" attitude refused to remove subsidy.

For a country that's battling with epileptic power supply, fuel is part of our everyday use whether for personal consumption to power our homes and work or for transportation. Suddenly tripling the price of fuel without even effective communications on what to expect next and policy they intend to put in place to help the citizens navigate this phase is poor.

I always blame Buhari for ineffective communications but it seems Tinubu wants to toll that part also.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:30pm On May 31, 2023
larride:
raumdueter

There is no way you can build goodwill on this matter. Its a very hard decision but one that needs to be done. If Tinubu keeps subsidy beyond now or doubles subsidy while the debt climbs even more will he be applauded?

Its like a rotten tooth that has to be removed, If not removed it impacts your health in the long run but there will be severe pains when removing it

The problem with subsidy in this case is that when Oil prices drop globally we suffer because of reduced income, when oil prices rise we still suffer because we have to buy at high rate

I heard a clip from Obi and some people, Subsidy gulps like 7trillion every year. 3.6 trillion every 6months

We are borrowing to fund subsidy.
We are already neck deep in debt. I don't know what the national debt is
Any further subsidy payment beyond what was budgeted for will be funded with more debts
The current debt servicing is taking majority of our revenue. Someone said almost 90% of revenue goes to debt servicing
The difference with 2010 was that we were starting on a clean slate with debt after all the Paris club pardon of OBJ. now we are deep in debt and every amount we generate is to service debt

This is the best time to to it because, Its not close to any general election, this is when the goodwill is highest. No govt will want to face the fallout of a subsidy removal towards an election. If it must be done, it has to be done soon. The APC govt is owning it. It was initiated by Buhari and completed by Tinubu. Reality is there will never be a time when the populace will agree that okay this is the right time to remove subsidy. Our National debt and income is showing us this is the time to do it. Every policy maker knows its the right thing, They just lack the guts to do it

The only thing now is that okay the populace have taken the hit, Now what do we do to compensate them for the suffering experienced

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:32pm On May 31, 2023
larride:

I was against GEJ removing subsidy without adequate measure, same with Buhari. There's a reason why Buhari with his "I don't care" attitude refused to remove subsidy.

For a country that's battling with epileptic power supply, fuel is part of our everyday use whether for personal consumption to power our homes and work or for transportation. Suddenly tripling the price of fuel without even effective communications on what to expect next and policy they intend to put in place to help the citizens navigate this phase is poor.

I always blame Buhari for ineffective communications but it seems Tinubu wants to toll that part also.

Power supply and local privatized refining will not work when there is subsidy
And if you believe the govt run NNPC and NEPA will work, then I am sorry, Nothing left to govt works
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:35pm On May 31, 2023
TrebleChamp:
I want to buy because it's an Android TV, reason i ask for user review. TCL tv are not that cheap sha, my current TV us iTech 46" smart tv i bought at Konga Festac in 2019.

i belive the grade for android tv is as follows

sony > TCL > hisense

why do you want an android tv, though?

there was a time when i wanted one - because i wanted to be able to play google play games on my tv
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:37pm On May 31, 2023
larride:
raumdueter

The first few days and months of the administration shouldn't be used to defend this kind of policy. [b]The beginning of the administration is when the goodwill is always at the highest [/b]and should have been used to implement policies to gain the trust of the people.

the youth hate tinubu. the SE hate tinubu. not that much goodwill to throw away , IMHO
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:40pm On May 31, 2023
GloriousGbola:

i belive the grade for android tv is as follows

sony > TCL > hisense

why do you want an android tv, though?

there was a time when i wanted one - because i wanted to be able to play google play games on my tv

I think android tv is better than smart tv
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:41pm On May 31, 2023
GloriousGbola:

the youth hate tinubu. the SE hate tinubu. not that much goodwill to throw away , IMHO
How did the youths hate Tinubu
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:42pm On May 31, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Below is what Tinubu stated in 2012 as conditions that must be in place before any government should attempt to remove Subsidy

1. Throw away the salad of corruption in NNPC

2. Lay foundation for a mass transit system in the railways and road network with long term bonds

3.Develop the energy sector and revitalize Nigeria’s economy .

In all honesty which of these has been adequately put in place before Tinubu removed subsidy ?

Source: https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/01/11/removal-of-oil-subsidy-president-jonathan-breaks-social-contract-with-the-people

when tinubu said this - we were still earning well from oil money. between dilapidated pipeline infrastructure, oil theft, reduced oil prices, and no war to drive up oil price - there is no money to do all those things

imho, Tinubu should sack the entire board of NNPC, but i dont know if you can do that to a private company - especially one you allegedly owe 2 trillion naira cheesy

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:45pm On May 31, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I think android tv is better than smart tv

they are essentially the same thing

both samsung and LG wanted to develope mobile OSes at one point,

WEBOS is the Os of LG tvs, and that is where it is from
Tizen is the OS of Samsung TVs - it was also intended to be an OS fro samsung phones

the only thing you get from an android tv that you will not get from a smart TV is access to some of googles apps on your TV. and if you really want the full android experience on your TV, what you want is an Nvidia shield.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:47pm On May 31, 2023
iamoyindamola:

How did the youths hate Tinubu

guy, dont we see them even on this platform? fallout of the Lekki massacre and the blocking of twitter fell on APC, and from APC to tinubu.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:47pm On May 31, 2023
GloriousGbola was right afterall...

And this is thesame gov we wonna trust with subsidy.....ororo.. grin

https://twitter.com/DavidHundeyin/status/1663882005027733507

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oladeji245(m): 7:48pm On May 31, 2023
raumdeuter:
Someone who stalks others, Post irrelevant comments all the time, Who even wished a plane crash on his current favorite politician

Is that not being hateful?

Anyways the world is already dealing with you by gifting you the psych derangement and rejection everywhere you go as a lifetime gift
You’re actually an overated full.
Nothing to see here.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oladeji245(m): 7:53pm On May 31, 2023
Incognito9:
Daily Trust reports that the oil firm has directed its outlets nationwide to sell fuel between N480 and N570 per litre.

This is a fair price I must say, if they can keep it around this range, there's no need to panic.

Collect license of any defaulter and make him pay.
Fair price without increase in wages and inflation in the prices of foodstuffs,transportation and other necessary commodities.
Some people can defend nonsense for Africa.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oladeji245(m): 7:56pm On May 31, 2023
raumdeuter:

There is no way you can build goodwill on this matter. Its a very hard decision but one that needs to be done. If Tinubu keeps subsidy beyond now or doubles subsidy while the debt climbs even more will he be applauded?

Its like a rotten tooth that has to be removed, If not removed it impacts your health in the long run but there will be severe pains when removing it

The problem with subsidy in this case is that when Oil prices drop globally we suffer because of reduced income, when oil prices rise we still suffer because we have to buy at high rate

I heard a clip from Obi and some people, Subsidy gulps like 7trillion every year. 3.6 trillion every 6months

Any further subsidy payment beyond what was budgeted for will be funded with more debts
The current debt servicing is taking majority of our revenue. Someone said almost 90% of revenue goes to debt servicing
The difference with 2010 was that we were starting on a clean slate with debt after all the Paris club pardon of OBJ. now we are deep in debt and every amount we generate is to service debt

This is the best time to to it because, Its not close to any general election, this is when the goodwill is highest. No govt will want to face the fallout of a subsidy removal towards an election. If it must be done, it has to be done soon. The APC govt is owning it. It was initiated by Buhari and completed by Tinubu. Reality is there will never be a time when the populace will agree that okay this is the right time to remove subsidy. Our National debt and income is showing us this is the time to do it. Every policy maker knows its the right thing, They just lack the guts to do it

The only thing now is that okay the populace have taken the hit, Now what do we do to compensate them for the suffering experienced
load of rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:00pm On May 31, 2023
Segedinho:

If Nigeria was a sane country shouldn't this Sirika person be in Black Maria by now

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:00pm On May 31, 2023
raumdeuter:

You see your last line is my grouse and everyone grouse with the way this subsidy has been removed. Effective communication is a major part of good leadership. To be able to communicate your decisions to your people build trust because it makes them feel like they are a part of the decision making?

Yes subsidy has to go but how do you go about it that it doesn't impact on the citizens too negatively. The citizens cannot always be the dumping ground for the incompetence and crookness of the ruling class. That the subsidy amoung is this high is majorly because some people are using that avenue to steal. It is the job of govt to hold these people responsible and block the necessary loopholes.

Ok we agree subsidy has to go but is this the best way to go about it? Yes it's a hard decision but it becomes easily if the people are being carried along. We just woke up this morning and we begin to see new price list of fuel. Till now we still havent heard nothing from the President. That's the textbook way to erode whatever goodwill you enjoy with the people.

What they will be doing now is going to be an afterthought and the people will see right through it. It's a pity this is the way we are starting this administration.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:01pm On May 31, 2023
GloriousGbola:

when tinubu said this - we were still earning well from oil money. between dilapidated pipeline infrastructure, oil theft, reduced oil prices, and no war to drive up oil price - there is no money to do all those things

imho, Tinubu should sack the entire board of NNPC, but i dont know if you can do that to a private company - especially one you allegedly owe 2 trillion naira cheesy

I’ve read the article more than 5 times , Tinubu didn’t predicate his argument on what Nigeria earns from oil money . His argument was what must be in place before any government should think of removing subsidy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2023
Segedinho:

Nothing new here. Etophia Air owns 49% of Nigeria Air.

What I dont understand is exactly why Hidi Siriki tried to pull this few days to Buhari leaving when he can leave it for the new govt to fully get it started.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:05pm On May 31, 2023
GloriousGbola:

The youth hate Tinubu and Seyi Tinubu do concert youth full venue ? Haba!

There are youth on this thread who profess unwavering support for him and there are those who do not. You can’t make a blanket statement that the youth hate him o, some do and some section don’t .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) ... (5274) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: GrammarNazi1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.