Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,975 members, 7,927,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 04:15 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1790860 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (5189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android22: 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2022
That prosperous year. If you know you know.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2022
Android22:
That prosperous year. If you know you know.
You know this means nothing sha...the average increase in inflation month on month for 2022 is less than the highest increase in inflation for a particular month of 2005, not the whole of 2005.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 11:56pm On Aug 15, 2022
grin

If Hope is supreme Governor, abeg wetin be Diri? ICC Governor?!

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android22: 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
Theflint1:
You know this means nothing sha...the average increase in inflation month on month for 2022 is less than the highest increase in inflation for a particular month of 2005, not the whole of 2005.
Which means you had a record high inflationary index during a prosperous year? You know, the year that justifies doing foreign aid compared to this year? Or is my statement not in a certain context?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android22: 12:00am On Aug 16, 2022
Oasis007:
grin

If Hope is supreme Governor, abeg wetin be Diri? ICC Governor?!
Nassarawa was equally funny because it was an in-house issue. That is the challenge; we gloss over the aspects we feel favour our political leanings or biases and then harp on other issues that we may or may not be informed about - because it involves another issue or person not related to those biases.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:04am On Aug 16, 2022
Android22:
Which means you had a record high inflationary index during a prosperous year? You know, the year that justifies doing foreign aid compared to this year? Or is my statement not in a certain context?
What if that particular month was an outlier across the year in question? I'm speculating, but my point is the information you're gloating over is not conclusive either. Month on month average increase/decrease in inflation for that year will be comparing Apples to Apples.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 12:30am On Aug 16, 2022
larride:

At the bolded, this is a misconception that has lingered for so long. Hope Uzodinma was not appointed by the Supreme Court, he merely won back his mandate through the court, if you are looking for a state that the will of the people were truncated by the Supreme Court, it is Zamfara and Bayelsa state.

Now let's get to the fact of Imo state election tribunal. There was widespread violence in areas that were Hope stronghold, the Inec signed results from these LG were excluded from the final collation at the state collation HQ. It was on this basis that Hope Uzodinma went to court.

When the matter got to court, Hope Uzodinma was able to proof that the result Inec excluded from his votes were valid votes and the result was consented to by all the party agents and the inec officials in those LG, during cross examination, Inec was unable to give any cogent reasons why those results were voided and not collated with the final results.

The supreme court judgement was that Inec should add back those voided/uncollated votes back to APC numbers and that's how he emerged victorious at the supreme court.

So how then can you say he's not the people choice when it was the people's vote that actually counted? What happened is that Rochas and Ihedohia whipped up sentiments against him and turn the state into a killing spree.

He is the legitimate winner of that election.

You mean the same results from 388 polling booths that an agent who testified acknowledged to have manipulated to favor Uzodinma considering they were in his strong hold? You do realize Uzodinma did not deny this fact during cross examination?

You mean the same results that did not take into account the votes of the other top contenders before calculating the final numbers? The number of accredited voters in the 388 polling unit was 252,452, guess the number of votes calculated for APC and PDP? 252, 452!!! What does that tell you? Does that mean only 2 parties gathered all 252, 452 votes in the 388 excluded polling units?

Riddle me… After manipulating the numbers, do you know the number of votes PDP was given out of the 252,452 votes from a whopping 388 polling units?

How come the votes excluded in his stronghold because of “violence” affect only his numbers? Why do you think Uzodinma filed an objection against the review of Supreme Court’s judgement after Justice Nweze brought to light some of the discrepancies and haste in the judgement?

Let’s be clear, the Supreme Court said it lacked the jurisdiction to review the case not because the call for a review lacked merit or credibility. Let’s also be clear that the SC did not set aside the ruling of the high court which dismissed Uzodinma’s suit for a lack of merit.

This is politics and politics won, let’s leave it at that because there was no legitimacy and you can’t force legitimacy as evident in Imo state. Finally and more importantly, this is a leadership issue than a party issue for me. I will make the same argument for APC if the case/ situation is reversed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 12:37am On Aug 16, 2022
Segedinho:
If this is true....why will Bashir defers??

we are in deeper shit than we taught

https://www.nairaland.com/7283118/bashir-ahmad-continued-receive-salaries

What work does this guy do to be earning 1millioon naira monthly?? You see why Obi's mandate to cut down the cost of governance is very important??

We are too wasteful.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android22: 1:15am On Aug 16, 2022
Theflint1:
What if that particular month was an outlier across the year in question? I'm speculating, but my point is the information you're gloating over is not conclusive either. Month on month average increase/decrease in inflation for that year will be comparing Apples to Apples.
Gloating? lol if this statistic was not compared to 2005 would be you be trying to give me possible contexts to it? I have already said that it was a prosperous year. There was no brain drain that year as well. As if you were going to throw PDP under the bus. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:49am On Aug 16, 2022
gringrin

larride:

Plain fraud.

" & Baba wey no well want to continue from where Buhari stopped"

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 3:25am On Aug 16, 2022
larride:

At the bolded, this is a misconception that has lingered for so long. Hope Uzodinma was not appointed by the Supreme Court, he merely won back his mandate through the court, if you are looking for a state that the will of the people were truncated by the Supreme Court, it is Zamfara and Bayelsa state.

Now let's get to the fact of Imo state election tribunal. There was widespread violence in areas that were Hope stronghold, the Inec signed results from these LG were excluded from the final collation at the state collation HQ. It was on this basis that Hope Uzodinma went to court.

When the matter got to court, Hope Uzodinma was able to proof that the result Inec excluded from his votes were valid votes and the result was consented to by all the party agents and the inec officials in those LG, during cross examination, Inec was unable to give any cogent reasons why those results were voided and not collated with the final results.

The supreme court judgement was that Inec should add back those voided/uncollated votes back to APC numbers and that's how he emerged victorious at the supreme court.

So how then can you say he's not the people choice when it was the people's vote that actually counted? What happened is that Rochas and Ihedohia whipped up sentiments against him and turn the state into a killing spree.

He is the legitimate winner of that election.
chai bro fear God small when you defend these undefendables embarassed

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 6:57am On Aug 16, 2022
grin

PDP Lite Presidential Candidate with PDP senior Caucus.

This Pic was taken yesterday.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:52am On Aug 16, 2022
Roland17:

You mean the same results from 388 polling booths that an agent who testified acknowledged to have manipulated to favor Uzodinma considering they were in his strong hold? You do realize Uzodinma did not deny this fact during cross examination?

You mean the same results that did not take into account the votes of the other top contenders before calculating the final numbers? The number of accredited voters in the 388 polling unit was 252,452, guess the number of votes calculated for APC and PDP? 252, 452!!! What does that tell you? Does that mean only 2 parties gathered all 252, 452 votes in the 388 excluded polling units?

Riddle me… After manipulating the numbers, do you know the number of votes PDP was given out of the 252,452 votes from a whopping 388 polling units?

How come the votes excluded in his stronghold because of “violence” affect only his numbers? Why do you think Uzodinma filed an objection against the review of Supreme Court’s judgement after Justice Nweze brought to light some of the discrepancies and haste in the judgement?

Let’s be clear, the Supreme Court said it lacked the jurisdiction to review the case not because the call for a review lacked merit or credibility. Let’s also be clear that the SC did not set aside the ruling of the high court which dismissed Uzodinma’s suit for a lack of merit.

This is politics and politics won, let’s leave it at that because there was no legitimacy and you can’t force legitimacy as evident in Imo state. Finally and more importantly, this is a leadership issue than a party issue for me. I will make the same argument for APC if the case/ situation is reversed.

This is largely not correct. The Supreme Court do not pander to emotions and only go by facts presented to them.

Hope Uzodinma produced duplicate original of the inec results from those 388 polling units while calling 28 polling unit agents as witnesses and police command attached to those PU.

The PDP on their part called 1 witness and inec did not call any witnesses to lend credence to the fact that made them exclude those results. Inec did not disagree that election held but they were unable to defend their reason for excluding those polling units.

And it's not correct that the Supreme Court didn't set aside the judgement of the high court. They did set aside the judgement and says the appeal has merit.

Also APC didn't get 252,452 out of 252,452, that's another misinformation. APC got 213k votes from the 252k votes.

It's also important to note that it was a unanimous decision by the supreme court.

You can read this report by ICRI https://www.icirnigeria.org/imo-election-noteworthy-points-from-supreme-courts-full-judgment/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:54am On Aug 16, 2022
Oasis007:
grin

PDP Lite Presidential Candidate with PDP senior Caucus.

This Pic was taken yesterday.

Our modern day saint. cool

We move.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 8:19am On Aug 16, 2022
grin

When matured men are discussing issue, it's always so cool and informative.

Give the mic to that Donkey and watch him displaying madness again.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:30am On Aug 16, 2022
larride:

Plain fraud.
fraud as it is a lie

or

fraud as it is just corruption

it better be a lie ti tarnish APC's image o cos e no just mk sense
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:40am On Aug 16, 2022
Segedinho:

fraud as it is a lie

or

fraud as it is just corruption

Ui
it better be a lie ti tarnish APC's image o cos e no just mk sense

Fraud is fraud.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2022
donjazet:

What work does this guy do to be earning 1millioon naira monthly?? You see why Obi's mandate to cut down the cost of governance is very important??

We are too wasteful.
i weak o
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2022
larride:

Fraud is fraud.
meaning u accept d report and rightly criticised d APC flaws in the un-merited salary...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:06am On Aug 16, 2022
grin

See Oppression.... Chei!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2022
Reports have it that all hostages of the Abuja-Kaduna train attack have been released to be reunited with their families soon.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 9:28am On Aug 16, 2022
The revolution is truly on, the party with no structure is now the toast of almost all Nigerians..

https://www.nairaland.com/7282903/afenifere-endorses-peter-obi-says
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2022
Oasis007:
grin

See Oppression.... Chei!

Oppression ko? grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:35am On Aug 16, 2022
Segedinho:

meaning u accept d report and rightly criticised d APC flaws in the un-merited salary...

Sege, Bashir and whoever it was that refused to remove his details from the payroll has engaged in payroll fraud.

How every appointees that resigned details were deleted immediately from the payroll except for Bashir means it was intentional.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:35am On Aug 16, 2022
I visited immigration office in Festac.

It takes more than 4 weeks for you to get a capturing appointment. The queue is too long

The government needs to look into this. Its disturbing
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:39am On Aug 16, 2022
Oasis007:
grin

See Oppression.... Chei!

the owner will still buy diesel at n700/litre to power the generator to charge the car.

thermodynamics fall on him

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2022
Amoto94:
Reports have it that all hostages of the Abuja-Kaduna train attack have been released to be reunited with their families soon.

hopefully there will be no useless meaningless debriefing where soldiers will kill someone
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2022
Amoto94:

https://www.nairaland.com/7282991/brother-kidnapped-abuja-kaduna-train-not

Keep lying you will surely be a victim of these lies one day i promise you

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

hopefully there will be no useless meaningless debriefing where soldiers will kill someone
Another angle na naija we they na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2022
They want to turn Aso Rock Villa to clinic for the sick grin..

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:01am On Aug 16, 2022
izzou:
I visited immigration office in Festac.

It takes more than 4 weeks for you to get a capturing appointment. The queue is too long

The government needs to look into this. Its disturbing

Did you try doing it online? Those officials are just trying to make things hard so people will pay extra for accelerated date.

Nigerians hurting Nigerians. Smhs
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:08am On Aug 16, 2022
larride:

Did you try doing it online? Those officials are just trying to make things hard so people will pay extra for accelerated date.

Nigerians hurting Nigerians. Smhs

Online is worse.

I don't think you'll capture in the next 5 months if you do that.

But I'm more concerned about the large number that are hoping to leave the country soon. I know not all are getting one to leave, but a large number are.

It was that A001's post that made me say this. My sister was at GTB few days ago, and they were having network issues from 8am that they opened till she left.

May God help us oh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (5189) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.