Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,288 members, 7,981,570 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 08:24 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2927) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1960405 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) ... (5453) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
GloriousGbola:

https://igberetvnews.com/1364182/rape-accusation-bola-aseyan-released-meeting-bail-conditions/#forward

As a naija matter she is probably walking free somewhere right now.
She is popular now, make she watch her back
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
Segedinho:

So why do you expect the allocation to be thesame or lower when the naira is worth less compare to before.

So what is there to hold d state gov for, if #1000 naira item is worth about #10,000 now?

I’m sorry but you are not making sense.

Articulate your thought well, and construct a proper response.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
"You go explain tire.... You go explain , explain, explain....Because no evidence"- Burnaboy 2023

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
Them say make una hol your government blokos🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2023
Shaytun:

I’m sorry but you are not making sense.

Articulate your thought well, and construct a proper response.

Why will it make sense.

I forgot that the purchasing power of naira is the same irrespective of its rate vs dollar...

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2023
iamoyindamola:
They no tell d for their wassap group about d purchasing power of naira then vs now...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ibadan residents fume as street begging increases

Agbadonomics on the beat. E go reach everybody

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
Segedinho:

Why will it make sense.

I forgot that the purchasing power of naira is the same irrespective of its rate vs dollar...

What does the purchasing power of Naira have to do with Dollar.

They need to make Economics a compulsory course for all this Secondary school graduates.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2023
Shaytun:

They need to make Economics a compulsory course for all this Secondary school graduates.
What was the cost of imported items under PDP when dollar rates was relatively OK vs now

Agba-economist

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
Segedinho:

What was the cost of imported items under PDP when dollar rates was relatively OK vs now

Agba-economist

Please focus on making banger statement.

Intellectual discussion is not your forte.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
Make God no let this country catch fire with this 617/ltr.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Even seun confirm say renewed hope don kick bucket embarassed

Tinubu has enacted all policies Seun supported, so why the wailing

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
A40:
Of which this our hurdler chic. Tobi Amusan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/hurdles-world-record-holder-amusan-charged-with-anti-doping-violation/%3famp

They said she missed 3 tests in a year. Let's hope she's clean. I want to believe there's a logical explanation for missing that many tests cos 3 is a lot.

We need to pull racism card to protect this chic, but trust our athletics federation, they will sleep on top bicycle

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
iamoyindamola:
I might be wrong, but I think the federal government gets up to 70% of the allocation shared in the country.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2023
Shaytun:

Please focus on making banger statement.

Intellectual discussion is not your forte.
I have been typing with less attention and concentration...

I am free now...

Oga economist.

You want us to hold d gov responsible due to the fact that Bala blue allocated 1.9tr abi

Now look at it this way.

What is the worth of the 1.9tr wch is stupid in the face of today's dollar vs the less allocation wch was relatively decent vs dollar ...?

I think paying 500k per month presently is way less than paying 350k when items and groceries where extremely affordable.

How did dollar came in

We are dead in importation and our lives revolves round importation partially....dollar is the main currency that determines our market......

So...shouting 1.9tr as a record allocation is laughable when in reality it is worth less...

Major reason I asked you to convert to dollar and then compare with the past b4 displaying or flooding the group with your wassap assignment... grin

Do I have to be an economist to understand how dollar rise plays a major role in our existence as a Nigerian??

Let's pause the harmful effect of fuel hike in the decent usage of the bloody 1.9tr Nigeria naira

16 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
Theflint1:
I might be wrong, but I think the federal government gets up to 70% of the allocation shared in the country.

52.5%
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
Segedinho:

I am free now...

Oga economist.

You want us to hold d gov responsible due to the fact that Bala blue allocated 1.9tr abi

Now look at it this way.

What is the worth of the 1.9tr wch is stupid in the face of today's dollar vs the less allocation wch was relatively decent vs dollar ...?

I think paying 500k per month presently is way less than paying 350k when items and groceries where extremely affordable.

How did dollar came in

We are dead in importation and our lives revolves round importation partially....dollar is the main currency that determines our market......

So...shouting 1.9tr as a record allocation is laughable when in reality it is worth less...

Major reason I asked you to convert to dollar and then compare with the past b4 displaying or flooding the group with your wassap assignment... grin

Do I have to be an economist to understand how dollar rise plays a major role in our existence as a Nigerian??

Let's pause the harmful effect of fuel hike in the decent usage of the bloody 1.9tr Nigeria naira

Lol

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2023
grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2023
Segedinho:

I am free now...

Oga economist.

Now look at it this way.

How did dollar came in

Na only u and the two people wey like this comment actually understand wetin u dey talk o

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2023
larride:

52.5%
Thanks.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Na only u and the two people wey like this comment actually understand wetin u dey talk o
You will definitely not understand cos u didn't follow d convo from d 1st..

Shaytun =Hold gov Brokos and live FG cos he allocated 1.9tr to states gov.

Sheg=Convert d naira to dolls with the official rate...do dsame with his predecessors..b4 making such statement

Shaytun=do we make use of dollar?? Why should I?

Sheg= dollar determines Nigeria market to some extent.if we ain't tasked to hold state gov b4...why now when the allocation is roughly dsame using purchasing power of naira as a yardstick.

Summary.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2023
larride:

Lol
I just dey vex all tru today....dis fuel n dollar mata no be joke o
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
Shaytun:

Bro, you are one of the intelligent guys here but Segedinho is right. Dollar has everything to do with our purchasing power.

Dollar is the unit of all currencies. More like SI units.

Importation is there. Prices of things will increase thereby affecting your purchasing power in Naira.

Let's even look at services. Let say mtn and Discos. At the end of the day, those guys will always convert their profits in dollar. You know everything will reduce, if you do the conversion. If things continue like this, those guys too will increase their service charges to meet current reality.

You know those guys are already waiting for their regulatory bodies to fix new service charges.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
From 786billion to 1.9trillion in one month. Almost 3 times normal state allocation. Don't play with Drug lord. State government the ball is now in your court.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
Even if you convert to dollar. June: 787billion/ 460 is $1.7B. July: 1.9Tril/760 is $2.6Billion.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
Melvyn11:
Even if you convert to dollar. June: 787billion/ 460 is $1.7B. July: 1.9Tril/760 is $2.6Billion.
Convert that of his predecessors..oga

It isn't Tinubu vs Tinub

But baba vs others

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
This is a better time to increase the minimum wage to meet the reality on ground. The committee should speed up and conclude this thing ASAP. Most of our states governors are very corrupt but with this, their excuses of we can't pay minimum wage will be minimal at least.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
Segedinho:

You will definitely not understand cos u didn't follow d convo from d 1st..

Shaytun =Hold gov Brokos and live FG cos he allocated 1.9tr to states gov.

Sheg=Convert d naira to dolls with the official rate...do dsame with his predecessors..b4 making such statement

Shaytun=do we make use of dollar?? Why should I?

Sheg= dollar determines Nigeria market to some extent.if we ain't tasked to hold state gov b4...why now when the allocation is roughly dsame using purchasing power of naira as a yardstick.

Summary.. cheesy

I think I understand u better now. I think what u should've just pointed out is that inflation rate now has made whatever FG is allocating less valuable than what his predecessors were allocating in the past ( that's is if the inflation rate has actually jumped up compared to what obtains under his predecessors)

It's the way u kept on mentioning "convert it to dollars", that made Ur point confusing at first.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2023
monerozi5590:
This is a better time to increase the minimum wage to meet the reality on ground. The committee should speed up and conclude this thing ASAP. Most of our states governors are very corrupt but with this, their excuses of we can't pay minimum wage will be minimal at least.

God bless your brain.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2023
I laugh each time I hear "let them increase the minimum wage ". Something that will not even scratch the surface.

How many people are civil servants who are bound by the minimum wage? How will increase in minimum wage favour a cleaner of a bank who earns 30k monthly? Do u think the bank will just increase the cleaner's wages to 50k because FG has pegged minimum wage to 50k? grin.

Before u talk about multiplier effect, u need to even consider the total number of people that are in government's employ to those who are either self employed, unemployed, under employed and those employed in private enterprises/companies.

And so u know, most state governments will not pay the new minimum wage and there's nothing the FG will do to them. Jigawa, Ekiti, Eboyin, etc will not pay minimum wage even if states like Lagos, Rivers state etc do. How multiplier effect wan take change anything for the general economy?

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I think I understand u better now. I think what u should've just pointed out is that inflation rate now has made whatever FG is allocating less valuable than what his predecessors were allocating in the past ( that's is if the inflation rate has actually jumped up compared to what obtains under his predecessors)

It's the way u kept on mentioning "convert it to dollars", that made Ur point confusing at first.
He played down d value/importance of dollar rates cos we don't earn in dolls.

I ve to constantly remind him (singing dollars to his eardrum).that d purchasing power of today's Nigeria naira is useless compared to the past..

1.9tr would be heaven on earth during Jonathan's .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
BlueRayDick:
I laugh each time I hear "let them increase the minimum wage ". Something that will not even scratch the surface.

How many people are civik servants who are bound by the minimum wage? How will increase in minimum wage favour a cleaner of a bank who earns 30k monthly? Do u think the bank will just increase the cleaner's wages to 50k because FG has pegged minimum wage to 50k? grin.

Before u talk about multiplier effect, u need to even consider the total number of people that are in government's employ to those who are either self employed, unemployed, under employed and those employed in private enterprises/companies.

And so u know, most state governments will not pay the new minimum wage and there's nothing the FG will do to them. Jigawa, Ekiti, Eboyin, etc will not pay minimum wage even if states like Lagos, Rivers state etc do. How multiplier effect wan take change anything for the general economy?

Lmaooo

I thought when we screamed increment of the wage, it would be that FG will compel even private businesses.
Because I don't understand how civil servants will amount to anything.
Abi na ment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) ... (5453) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, liveLongNprospa(m), Fortuneleonard, YoungB1a(m), Wealth1105, semid4lyfe(m), iamoyindamola(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.