Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:54 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1621070 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (4936) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2022
FLASH: Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu will today perform the Groundbreaking Ceremony of the Lagos Central Food Security Systems and Logistics Hub at Ketu-Ereyun, Epe, Lagos.

#ForAGreaterLagos

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2022
NBA Annual Conference...... how its ending!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Oasis007:
na fvck Dem fvck for here abi fight undecided

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2022
Oasis007:

No surprise that they are Obidients

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
raumdeuter:

No surprise that they are Obidients

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dem say na BAT cause am, coz na fake Lawyers (Agberos) cuase kasala at the event.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
Interesting interview by Soyinka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KmDGDWNJhY
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2022
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
Construction begins for a garment and textile factory in Lekki Free Zone by The Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA) . NEPZA has also secured a $100m investment from a Chinese company to build a pharmaceutical/medical equipment factory in the same vicinity.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
Reno has started with Obidients again

Though he is tactically dropping strategic talking points

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
kofimoses:

I have been waiting and waiting for ages for this explanation. Are you really saying that given all you know now about this APC government, you would have still voted for them going back in time?

Once in a while I like to take a break from here and chill. It's usually exhausting once I start.

Anyways, to your question, The truth is, I rarely vote based on just who candidates are or even their capacity. I vote based on what they represent.

And yes, even with the failure of this administration, if I went back to 2015,I would still vote the APC, because for the health and growth of our democracy, it was extremely essential to dislodge the ruling party, the PDP who are that time were really supreme across the entire nation.

Those were the days I truly admired Tinubu and Buhari for at least giving us credible opposition.

If the APC had lost the 2015 elections, the coalition would likely not have stood as we've seen that even as they won, part of that coalition still broke off.

I look at other African countries and I see how one party or one candidate remain in power for 40-50 years without any hope of things changing any time soon. Some of them transfer presidency from father to son. I think Cameroon is on that path now.

APC's emergence really helped in the growth of our countries democracy. 2 big parties emerging means that both would not want either to rig the elections and you can see that it's looking ever likely that we might just have a very credible election for the first time in Nigeria's history.
So as I said earlier, I vote based on what the candidate represent.

But after all is said and done, we still come back to the fact the credible opposition which we entrusted with leadership have failed woefully.

Every single hope we had projected on Buhari and Tinubu has fallen flat on its face. All the problems they promised to solve have quintupled in size. Corruption has ballooned tremendously. Just look at the subsidy issue whose price has only continued to increase.
Look at the poor investments in our healthcare.
Look at the decaying security infrastructure around the country.

Every single promise they made, they have failed.
There was a tweet I just came across I was moved to tears because it took me back to when I was in love with Tinubu. The man looked so sharp and promising. I overlooked every single negative vice thrown at him because nigeria desperately needed an alternative. Very unfortunate they failed.
https://twitter.com/Vic2mine101/status/1562465298581966848?t=E3ozZ67YQ_N3GP4gsZx5qA&s=19

And that is why we are trying something new. I support labor party and Peter Obi today, but when they when and don't perform as expected, we turn on them. That's democracy.
Labor party symbolizes an end to political apathy in Nigeria. A win for labor party symbolizes a change in the political consciousness of this country.

A party with 5000 votes growing to more than 10 million in 4 years would be a modern miracle and we're well on that path.
Labor winning ushers in an era of accountable politics in Nigeria.
So yes, once again we project our hopes and dreams of a prosperous country on an intellectually astute figure. A humble, articulate and masterful organizer. Say of Peter Obi what you will but that this man has SINGLEHANDEDLY rallied a national movement is an achievement of its own. History would be very kind to him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2022
raumdeuter:
Reno has started with Obidients again

Though he is tactically dropping strategic talking points
una no dey tire

He said Obi is working undercover for BAT whereas agbadorians believes he is working undercover for Atiku..

I think the confusions is even confusing the old camps

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2022
Obojuju:
8 REASONABLE REASONS TO ELECT PETER OBI

1. Peter Obi is averse to waste

At the root of the poor infrastructural development all over Nigeria is criminal wastefulness, corruption and inflated contracts. Road or rail projects that can be done with N2 billion are inflated to N20 billion. The consequences of this is that projects go on forever and funds that would have been used to do 4 or 5 projects are spent on just 1 project.

A very good example is the Lagos light rail project. It was conceptualized by Jakande in the early 80s but still remains uncompleted till date, even after 23 years of APC/Tinubu unbroken stranglehold of Lagos State.

2. The people's president

Of the 3 main candidates, only Peter Obi is banking on the power of the people to get elected. Tinubu and Atiku are relying/relied heavily on the support of the delegates (bought with dollars), governors, senators, house of representatives and other structures of their political party to get elected.

The consequences of this is clear. If Peter Obi is elected, naturally he will take decisions that will benefit the overwhelming majority of Nigerians who voted him to power.

Unlike the other candidates who if elected will spend reasonable public funds and time to reward the structures that got them elected.

3. A visionary president
In 2023, we need a president who, while catering for the current generation and solving the myriads of the current problems, also plans for the future, our children and the unborn generation.

A president who realizes that Nigeria will still be existing in 100 and 200 years to come and sets aside some funds for the future and unborn generations.

That is what Peter Obi represents, as he demonstrated in Anambra by saving some money for the future.

We do not need people who believe we should consume everything today and let the future take care of itself.

4. He is young, vibrant and energetic

With the plethora of problems plaguing Nigeria currently, we need a president that is relatively young, energetic and vibrant.

A president that has the physical and mental capacity to supervise the effective implementation of his programs and policies across all sectors simultaneously across the country.

A president with hands on approach on all the issues.

That is what Peter Obi represents.

5. A courageous president

We need a president who has the courage to take and implement critical decisions that can move Nigeria forward.

Peter Obi demonstrated great courage when he opted to be impeached as Anambra governor rather than deploy public funds to pacify the greedy lawmakers. It takes courage and conviction to take such risky personal political decision because the impeachment court case could have gone either way.

6. His message is clear and concise

His campaign message in all the media interviews has centered around reducing waste and moving Nigeria from consumption to production. This is very clear message that tackles the root cause of many of the problems bedeviling Nigeria today.

7. A president that communicates to Nigerians
So far, of the 3 main candidates, only Peter Obi has granted to several live TV interviews. It shows he is a believer in the power of communication. He believes you and I have the right to know.

Atiku only managed to grant a recorded interview while Tinubu has not granted any at all.

This time around, we need a president that has the confidence to speak to Nigerians directly about his policies and challenges if any. Enough of deaf and dumb Presidents, hijacked by cabals in Aso Villa.

8. A listening president

As governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi was always visiting schools, hospitals, etc to hear and feel the challenges. At some point, he gave his phone number to the school prefects to get direct feedbacks. This demonstrates that Peter Obi will be a listening president.

We don't need a president that will be hijacked by the Aso Rock cabal and only brought out once in 6 months to show proof of life.

In conclusion, 2023 presents another opportunity for you and I to choose a leader that will serve Nigeria and Nigerians in the next 4 to 8 years. For me, it is a very easy decision.

#ObiDatti 2023.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
The hope of the average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2022
donjazet:
The hope of the average Nigerian.
Unfortunately. Nigeria &Nigerians Loves to Suffer.....

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android22: 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
So Buhari built the 2nd Niger Bridge for ndi igbo with a terrible economy and it is not making the rounds even when FeeDeeFee promised same for 16 years with the best economy in Africa yet did not deliver? Issokay.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ihebu4chelsea:
Unfortunately. Nigeria &Nigerians Loves to Suffer.....

I believe things are changing for the better.
The average Nigerian has awaken to his civic responsibility and how politics defines his life.

Peter Obi is already changing the average mentality of a Nigerian towards politics. I know soo many young guys who never cared about politics before who are now highly active on political issues.

Things are changing for the better. You see the average person bringing out his own hard earned money to support a candidate unlike others who wait for crumbs from politicians loot to start campaigning for them. Obi has inspired the average man to campaign for a better nigeria.
Things are changing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUA6Me8kWy0
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
Android22:
So Buhari built the 2nd Niger Bridge for ndi igbo with a terrible economy and it is not making the rounds even when FeeDeeFee promised same for 16 years with the best economy in Africa yet did not deliver? Issokay.

grin grin grin grin

Igbos have suffered, walahi

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2022
Oasis007:
FLASH: Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu will today perform the Groundbreaking Ceremony of the Lagos Central Food Security Systems and Logistics Hub at Ketu-Ereyun, Epe, Lagos.

#ForAGreaterLagos

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
The Lagos State Food security systems & Central Logistics Hub which will be built on 1.2 million square metres of land will have the following components:

a. Aggregation/storage facilities.
b. Administrative offices
c. Trading/Brokering facilities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2022
d. Packaging facilities.
e. Processing facilities.
f. Cold chain/dry goods services
g. Logistics Services/ trailer park
h. Water treatment plant
i. Health centre
j. Fuel station/ Fire station
k. Abattoir and lairage

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:06pm On Aug 24, 2022
This Food Security hub will create wealth for more than 5 million people, feed more than 10 million Lagosians, provide food for at least 90 days, storage facilities for more than 1,500 trucks per day to service thousands of operators per annum, and process large transactions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:06pm On Aug 24, 2022
The project will ensure the highest consideration for consumer protection. Also, specialized logistics and centralized procurement systems on a produce-by-produce basis shall be the major operational system within the hub.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2022
A fundamental feature of our administration’s plan for the development of the economy is a deliberate & massive investment in infrastructure.

Asides the major infrastructure investments, we have had some notable road & energy sector investments which complement systemic reforms.

- VP Yemi Osibanjo

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2022
The administration is investing more than $2billion in distribution and transmission through the;
a. Siemens Presidential Power Initiative,
b. the Transmission, Rehabilitation and Expansion Plan,
c. the CBN financed Transmission-Distribution Interface Programme,
d. the recently approved $500 million World Bank DISREP program for the distribution segment.

We have also been innovative and proactive in developing financing options; last year the government launched the N15Trillion Infrastructure Corporation (InfraCorp Nigeria).

- VP Yemi Osibanjo

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
The President also signed Executive Order 7, which has informed right policy framework and created some opportunities for Public Private Partnership (PPP) in infrastructure development.

However, despite these significant efforts and progress, including allocation of at least 30 percent of the Federal Annual Budget to infrastructure projects since 2016, substantial infrastructure deficits remain across the country

- VP Yemi Osibanjo

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
To ensure the effective coordination of the infrastructure development across the nation, and all sectors of the economy and to bring in private sector participation, the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan was developed.

The Master Plan provides an integrated view of infrastructure development in Nigeria. It takes stock of existing infrastructure and specifically sets out the goal of raising Nigeria’s infrastructure stock to at least 70 percent by the year 2043.

- VP Yemi Osibanjo

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
The estimated resource requirement for the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan implementation is USD2.3trillion. Certainly, too large to be provided from public resources alone.

Consequently, a well-coordinated and strategic approach will be required to harness private resources to increase the stock of Nigeria’s infrastructure to the desired level by the year 2043.

- VP Yemi Osibanjo

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Joezinho: 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
raumdeuter:
Shettima knocked it out of the park..
Excellent speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eRSte3vxVw

“… He’s the city boy, I am the Golden Boy of Zenith. In Jim Ovia's World,the sole parameter for assessing people, is the level of your competence and your imports…”

cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
izzou:

grin grin grin grin

What did that guy just type cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2022
izzou:

grin grin grin grin

grin grin

Make una no vex, na d politicking cause am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (4936) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Kamachicho(f), iamoyindamola(m), TradingGod, monerozi5590 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.