Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,088 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:38 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1626155 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3208) (3209) (3210) (3211) (3212) (3213) (3214) ... (4947) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:09am On Sep 03, 2023
So these Dumbo think they have make a discovery 😂😂😂

https://www.nairaland.com/7826627/police-recover-first-gas-gun
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 10:10am On Sep 03, 2023
monerozi5590:

It there means they didn't use BVAS oh. You can't even vote if you are not accredited by BVAS.

Na waoh.

grin

....its not conducted by INEC, neither did they deploy technology as El-Rufai did while he was Governor of Kaduna State. Its OBJ style dem use.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:12am On Sep 03, 2023
Oasis003:

grin

....some of you are really funny sha. You expect everyone to give up on the country cos you and some Obidients as you don't believe in the country again, except una Messiah becomes the President.

Why some of you are lamenting, some are hitting it big in the same country. Elon Mọsalasi is crediting content creators on weekly basis, another opportunity to earn a living in Nigeria. Some are making as much a Million just for posting on the platform....guess you know?

Wetin yiu dey talk.. Wetin I dey talk?
Coming back to Nigeria as a planned relocation is different from what we are talking about.
Which one be people dey make am?
And what has Obidients got to do with this topic?

So because fewer jobs are available now then that means there are opportunities flowing everywhere?
Use your brain nau
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:14am On Sep 03, 2023
Again.. How people attack topics that deals with life on this forum dey make head scratch me omo.
😩
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:15am On Sep 03, 2023
ShaqFu:
does it include hotels, restaurants and the likes? Because most, if not all business have to do with profit making, and in making profit, you have to buy something or sell something, that is, apart from if your business is rendering of service.

I recently got whim of how some NGOs are used to launder money in huge amounts, despite them not being profit oriented.

I'd exemplify:

Say I'm a techie and I team up with a marketing cofounder to start an e-commerce company called "Market Plentee". Basically, our startup helps you pay your customer with bonus points redeemable after 50 points.

We get #5 per transaction so you do 50 transactions monthly. That's #250. 10,000 people use our app monthly.
That's #250 times 10,000 or even less. But averaged at #2.5 million monthly as revenue.

But 1 person is 50 monthly transactions. and 10,000 people give us 500,000 monthly transaction volume.

See? It looks high but our gross profit is #2.5 million. But because the transaction volume is high, I can get accounting gurus to falsify the financial records and instead of #25 million gross profit in 10 months, I could ramp it up to #4.5 billion gross profit. How? Increasing the charge back from users and up the user numbers.

In Nigeria where we overlook things, would the authorities painstakingly go through 5 million transactions in 10 months. Like #50 here, #40 over there, #84 there? Nothing suspicious, right?

Well, we are a fintech. With our cooked financials, we get a $13 million valuation. We raise $2.3 million in a Series A round from VCs, and our initial investors sell their equity for big bucks.

We get Tech Cabal, Benjamin Dada, Tech Radar and the big boy tech blogs to run 5 cover stories on us. We get public legitimacy.

Rinse and repeat.

Only in fintech would you likely get away with it.

----

Of course, not all are guilty of it. But the earlier you get funding from outside sources before your startup stabilizes and gets profit, the more you are desperate and more likely to fall prey to investors who'd put you under pressure to falsify records because they want 10 or 15 times their investments in 'your' business.
And the more likely you'd sign away rights.

I'm looking at it simply from the tech ecosystem perspective. I can't say for hotels and others. What I know about them is what most people already know - conduits, but I can't say how they operate.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:16am On Sep 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Again.. How people attack topics that deals with life on this forum dey make head scratch me omo.
😩

This comment should be aimed at those who are blaming a man for confronting his cheating wife.

I agree with you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:18am On Sep 03, 2023
izzou:

This comment should be aimed at those who are blaming a man for confronting his cheating wife.

I agree with you.

I have said both are correct options and attacking both options as wrong is not the right thing.
If he confronts her.. Fine
If he decides to stay and bid his time to plan and execute his exit strategy.. That's fine.

Both options are very difficult.
Personally I'd lean into being patient but again we've seen how people act when ordinary gf/bf of 3 months relationship dey cheat😁

😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:19am On Sep 03, 2023
ShaqFu:
does it include hotels, restaurants and the likes? Because most, if not all business have to do with profit making, and in making profit, you have to buy something or sell something, that is, apart from if your business is rendering of service.

I recently got whim of how some NGOs are used to launder money in huge amounts, despite them not being profit oriented.

Yes sir.

Some of the shopping malls and petrol stations springing up are just fronts.

NGOs na old format wey still dey work
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 10:20am On Sep 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Wetin yiu dey talk.. Wetin I dey talk?
Coming back to Nigeria as a planned relocation is different from what we are talking about.
Which one be people dey make am?
And what has Obidients got to do with this topic?

So because fewer jobs are available now then that means there are opportunities flowing everywhere?
Use your brain nau

grin

.....so na your anus you dey use reason before?! If you no get hope for Naija again, it doesn't mean some of us don't - I repeat.

Na you kúkú dey long the matter. I don agree with you that turning your wife a whøre ain't a crime to avoid deportation back to shìthole called Nigeria.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 10:24am On Sep 03, 2023
grin

...what's difference between this folk and those wey dey do money ritual? Someone who is ready to trade his legally married wife for a greener pasture can definitely use same wife to do ritual for money. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 10:28am On Sep 03, 2023
TrebleChamp:
He who wears the shoe, know where it hurts.
A friend's wife reported him to their Reverend Father, Father sent for him so the issues can be discoursed. When my friend got to the meeting, he respectfully ask Father if he has ever been married. Father said no, and my friend respectfully told Father that he cannot resolve their issue because he has no marriage experience. Father was shocked and surprised, he told them to go see their respective parents.
Your friend is very naive. It wasn't just an ordinary single person on the street. When you consider that hundreds of couples relate their experiences with a reverend father, you will understand the depth of experience that rev has.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by akwesenana: 10:30am On Sep 03, 2023
iamoyindamola:
So these Dumbo think they have make a discovery 😂😂😂

https://www.nairaland.com/7826627/police-recover-first-gas-gun
A Google search away from disgrace.
Fvck, freebasics dey cover Wikipedia sef.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:34am On Sep 03, 2023
akwesenana:

The CP said, he had never seen such a gun since he joined the force.

grin grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by akwesenana: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2023
izzou:

grin grin
Only Tem can open his bloody eyes.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:37am On Sep 03, 2023
akwesenana:

I am sure they will hold press interview for it😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Kaycee54321(m): 10:39am On Sep 03, 2023
Eunoiaa:

Oh, and I remember this. While ideally, one should be open and comfortable with their partner, and shouldn't put off having difficult discussions, because they are scared of their response or "punishment", cheating has entered the picture here and so, thrown everything off balance. So by all means, employ a cost-benefit analysis or whatever business technique you need to protect yourself. Cheating itself is already an aberration in a monogamous relationship jointly sworn to. If they can cheat, they can do anything else.

I can understand why you feel this way. But trust me, nobody is a robot. Everyone is really tough when it comes to other people's stories...but there's a reason it's called a curve ball... just hope that it never comes at you...'cause, you'd think you've got it all figured out and boom, it slips through.

We can agree to disagree though - but it's easy to have mapped out strategies and this I-expect-the-worst-from-anybody attitude, so can never be you.

But it can be you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2023
Oasis003:

grin

.....so na your anus you dey use reason before?! If you no get hope for Naija again, it doesn't mean some of us don't - I repeat.

Na you kúkú dey long the matter. I don agree with you that turning your wife a whøre ain't a crime to avoid deportation back to shìthole called Nigeria.

Omo

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2023
Oasis003:
grin

...what's difference between this folk and those wey dey do money ritual? Someone who is ready to trade his legally married wife for a greener pasture can definitely use same wife to do ritual for money. LOL!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2023
izzou:

grin grin
Na these clowns go see vpn for your phone and tag you yahoo boy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 10:43am On Sep 03, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 10:44am On Sep 03, 2023
donjazzet:

He doesn't even know that English is the official language in Indian schools. Just like nigeria, India also uses English and then Hindu as its most uniting language across the country.

Many people have asked this guy the practicality of breaking Africa's language down in 2000 different languages. Does he think that is possible? But he just keeps making noise.

Nigeria has more than 700 different languages, like think about that, 700 different languages in this country. Does he believe that gwari people in Abuja, nupe people in Jos, itsekiri in Delta, idoma in Benue, Kalabari in Bayelsa, Ogoni in rivers, that all these tribes and several more, all have to go back and learn physics in their languages all in the name of preservation??

What is the practicality of that?
He just keeps making noise. Unnecessary noise.
It's a brilliant idea for books to be translated in our native languages. That will even make education and learning easier.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2023
Oasis003:

grin

....its not conducted by INEC, neither did they deploy technology as El-Rufai did while he was Governor of Kaduna State. Its OBJ style dem use.

Chai. grin grin grin. So Obaseki through EDSIEC didn't deploy technology.

grin grin grin grin@ Obasanjo style.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:54am On Sep 03, 2023
Melvyn11:

It's a brilliant idea for books to be translated in our native languages. That will even make education and learning easier.

100% agree
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2023
Melvyn11:

Your friend is very naive. It wasn't just an ordinary single person on the street. When you consider that hundreds of couples relate their experiences with a reverend father, you will understand the depth of experience that rev has.
Yet the Father understood my friends position and referred them to their parents. You can't give what you don't have bro, marry fess and see if it is easy to give the man straffing you wife a pat on the back.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:59am On Sep 03, 2023
Oasis003:

grin

....some of you are really funny sha. You expect everyone to give up on the country cos you and some Obidients as you don't believe in the country again, except una Messiah becomes the President.

Why some of you are lamenting, some are hitting it big in the same country. Elon Mọsalasi is crediting content creators on weekly basis, another opportunity to earn a living in Nigeria. Some are making as much a Million just for posting on the platform....guess you know?
Wetin concern Obidients with marital wahala grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 11:01am On Sep 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Did the reverend father not refer them to their marriage sponsors?
He did cos he was not in a position to give proper marriage advice. He could have told them to work out their issues and seek God's help, but he referred them to their parent who are more experienced on such matter...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
😩

Abi person use Obidient movement collect e babe? 😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 11:10am On Sep 03, 2023
Why don't people sign contract marriage these days?

Like lay out the terms and conditions of your marriage undecided
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Yet the Father understood my friends position and referred them to their parents. You can't give what you don't have bro, marry fess and see if it is easy to give the man straffing you wife a pat on the back.
Just because the priest respected your friend request doesn't mean it wasn't a naive thing to say. The Rev is well experienced to give marriage advice and council.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2023
Unless you are an ex president of Nigeria you cannot criticize any Tinubu decision or give advice here. That will be the next step.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2023
Theflint1:
Wetin concern Obidients with marital wahala grin

grin

...na small stone I throw, e no fit shatter una glass nah.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 11:23am On Sep 03, 2023
monerozi5590:

Chai. grin grin grin. So Obaseki through EDSIEC didn't deploy technology.

grin grin grin grin@ Obasanjo style.

grin

Tech-what? Baba just wanna prove PDP is still in control of Edo, but he took rigging to pro-max. Wike sef go shock!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3208) (3209) (3210) (3211) (3212) (3213) (3214) ... (4947) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: superintendents(m), reccy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.