Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:09 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1626085 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3209) (3210) (3211) (3212) (3213) (3214) (3215) ... (4947) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao..
I think you guys are so stuck on what you think is "right" that you don't see the possibility of some people actually waiting it out to take their revenge or even move on.

Coming back to Nigeria to start over is equally as hard as staying there with the wife and licking your wounds while planning your next move.

I currently have men in my workplace older than me who have had to start over and you can legit see the damage done.

My issue with you guys in issues like this is that you think it's either your way of reasoning or the person is immature.

Read about what people have done to cheating partners.
You can use reddit and you'll see that what Melvin and that babe are saying isn't unrealistic in anyway.
My only issue is just calling him confronting the lady a bad decision. It's not.. Same way it is not a bad decision if he stays back and plots.

Naso life be

Well said.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:50am On Sep 03, 2023
Melvyn11:
Unless you are an ex president of Nigeria you cannot criticize any Tinubu decision or give advice here. That will be the next step.

grin grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2023
Oasis003:

grin

.....so na your anus you dey use reason before?! If you no get hope for Naija again, it doesn't mean some of us don't - I repeat.

Is this a joke? Or Abi an insult to our collective intelligence?

Because surely you must see how stupid it sounds when someone who basically fled his country will be saying this soo boldly in such a manner. If you believed in the country, will you run from it??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
donjazzet:

Is this a joke? Or Abi an insult to our collective intelligence?

Because surely you must see how stupid it sounds when someone who basically fled his country will be saying this soo boldly in such a manner. If you believed in the country, will you run from it??

grin

....fled ké? Did I go on exile or look like a Refuge to you twèrps?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ibime:

BlueRaydick, this is what shooting into a crowd looks like. This is even a very small crowd of less than 1,000 people and videos are everywhere of bodies.

Lool.. Okay
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 12:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
Melvyn11:

It's a brilliant idea for books to be translated in our native languages. That will even make education and learning easier.

I beg to differ.

You do know that there is a big difference between SPEECH and WRITTEN TEXT. between Reading and Writing.
Doubt it? I'm sure you are proficient in your language but you will find it very difficult to fully read aloud sentences written in your local language.

To be put more concisely, language is different from text.
Now to explain much better; our spoken languages in Africa have evolved over a long period of time but the vast majority of tribes in Africa did not develop a system of text or writing (except historic Egypt and very few others like the nsigbidi) which is why we did not have an established system of passing down documented information but rather history was passed down largely from word of mouth. Unlike other civilisations that had vast libraries which survived for more than 7 centuries. In Europe and Asia most especially.

For example, even our modern transliteration of our local languages are modeled after the English alphabets or more accurately (greek-latin) alphabets. Another example is the numerals (numbers). These are Roman numbers, 1234567. These have been adopted globally today in every single modern language as the base model of computation.
In every transliterated text, if they want to outline a figure, you would see these numbers, not a translated figure.

Now also important to note that tribes which already had a historical documented text still use them today, something which African tribes didn't. Chinese don't use alphabets, they have "sinograms". Those stick characters you see. Arabs also don't use the greek-latin alphabets system, they have the Sanskrit abjid. Which is different.
Africa doesn't have this and honestly, doesn't need to, we already have soo many languages as it is. Creating a whole new system of written text just for "pride" is totally unnecessary. Many Asian societies today like Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia are doing well despite adopting the foreign languages. Only inferiority complex will make us focus on such irrelevance.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 12:25pm On Sep 03, 2023
Monerozi5590..... that Edo LG Result was wrong, its a skit. Apologies for the misinformation.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2023
Oasis003:
Monerozi5590..... that Edo LG Result was wrong, its a skit. Apologies for the misinformation.

Thank God
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2023
monerozi5590:

Thank God

The election was still highly rigged.
He used The same tactics APC used in the nationals, not sending voting materials to areas they knew were strongly against them. It's a big shame.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2023
EDO STATE LGs ELECTION RESULTS;

Oredo Local Government

APC: 8, 308
LP: 10, 188
PDP: 70, 293

Egor Local Government

APC: 12, 203
LP: 7695
PDP: 35, 380

Owan East Local Government

APC: 5550
LP: 3298
PDP: 20, 702

Esan North East Local Government

APC: 1344
LP: 791
PDP: 16072

Esan South East Local Government

APC: 1, 665
LP: 2, 183
PDP: 11, 963

Esan West Local Government

APC: 1616
LP: 1737
PDP: 14, 904

Esan Central Local Government

APC: 557
LP: 660
PDP: 5, 262

Orhionmwon Local Government

APC: 23, 885
LP: 14, 331
PDP: 47, 771

Igueben Local Government

APC: 636
LP: 617
PDP: 4, 869

Ovia North East Local Government

APC: 3, 085
LP: 3, 857
PDP: 27, 768

Ikpoba-Okha Local Government

APC: 29, 445
LP: 23, 832
PDP: 98, 046

Etsako Central Local Government

APC: 4076
LP: 1711
PDP: 16, 428

Etsako East Local Government

APC: 5369
LP: 2083
PDP: 21,417

Etsako West Local Government

APC: 7, 896
LP: 4, 606
PDP: 30, 594

Akoko Edo Local Government

APC: 3825
LP: 2365
PDP: 13, 171

Owan West Local Government

APC: 2317
LP: 1436
PDP: 15,615

Uhunmwode Local Government

APC: 5361
LP: 3216
PDP: 10,721

Ovia South West

PDP: 16077
APC: 2519
LP: 2536
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:00pm On Sep 03, 2023
Some people are so dull that give them from now to 50 years, simple issues that kids understand in other parts of the world, they don't understand them.

There was a time the knowledge of what's called science and technology today wasn't available in English language. It took the effort of some brilliant English people in the past to translate many books of philosophy and science to develop these fields in the English language.

In many native cultures of Africa, what we call philosophy, science and technology are indigenous to them. But over time, those that developed these concepts and principles died and many of their ideas were lost, and only a few are currently being used by local priests, native doctors, and the likes.

Highly intelligent people are conducting research on these ideas to revive them and develop them further. They're doing this to develop philosophy, science, and technology in Yoruba language and other native languages.

I personally know of many guys involved in these projects and am engaged in some of them. In fact, in my research works, I used various Yoruba terms in them.

In any international presentation or conference I engage in my field as a physicist, I adopt the same attitude.

I went through Einstein's papers in German yesterday. And I asked myself why can't African scientists also write some of their papers in their native language as many scientists do around the world?

In my personal space, I encourage fellow African scientists to do this to develop science and technology in the native cultures.

Indians also adopt the same attitude and engage in STEM in their native languages, coupled with the English language.

And the basic premise for developing philosophy, science, and technology in the native tongue is this: If these three fields aren't developed by the natives of a country themselves in their mother tongue, such a country can never grow to become a powerful civilization.

Check any civilization in history, you'll find the following common features:
1. An indigenous language (a system of writing and communication)
2. A functional science and technology sector, which will have a peculiar name native to them
3. An indigenous spiritual or religious system
4. A thriving education system
5. An economic system
6. A strong military system
7. A functional health system

There are more. But these are the fundamental ones, and developing all of these key features will take at least 100 years. If you don't have philosophers and freethinkers in the country, that country can't develop into a powerful civilization.

There's no way a country can develop to great heights without the use of philosophy and without key contribution from thinkers. And that philosophy must be native to the people, not imposed by a colonial master.

The simple fact is, you can't grow to become a civilization when you're still under colonial masters. No colony in history has ever become a powerful civilization while in slavery to another empire or country.

That colonial master will simply not allow that colony to grow.

But this dumbo here thinks every culture in the world must be under the English culture. The m.oron thinks everyone is as docile and weak mentally as him.

Go and argue with the over 1.5 billion of Chinese people to abolish their culture and join the English people. They'll look at you as filth because they believe they're even more intelligent than the English people, and China is even a superpower.

If India too continues to grow and develop, they could be a superpower in the next few decades. They've the population, many brilliant minds, and some other key factors.

Go and preach to the over 1.4 billion of Indian people to abolish their culture and adopt the English culture.

As I said before, until you carry your madness to go and meet the elders in your town or village to abolish the Ibo culture and adopt the English culture, you're merely fooling around.

When highly intelligent people around the world are looking for ways to move their culture forward to keep up with other cultures around the globe, this one wants to destroy his own culture, which means he wants to destroy his people.

Your knowledge and achievement are useless and worthless if you don't have any key contribution you're making to your culture.

Some people are just useless. Nature gifted some people with a lot of wealth; and it gifted others with a lot of knowledge. But they've no positive impact on their immediate environment and culture.

If you don't impact your culture and immediate environment positively with any wealth and knowledge you've, you're useless and worthless.

Society grows when each member impacts it positively as much as nature has provided for them.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2023
donjazzet:

The election was still highly rigged.
He used The same tactics APC used in the nationals, not sending voting materials to areas they knew were strongly against them. It's a big shame.
The election was highly rigged because the person that lost said it was...hahaha

It's an LGA election, people no dey really send election wey no be state governorship and presidential, especially when the elections are being conducted off-cycle. The government in control of the state would easily do the mobilization to see themselves off the finish line. To prove my point, check every off-cycle election in Lagos, APC always sweep easily.

It's commendable that Obaseki held LGA elections, hopefully more governors follow suit and we return to the PDP/Obasanjo years when LGA chairmen were powerful, and we knew who they were.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 1:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
Theflint1:
The election was highly rigged because the person that lost said it was...hahaha

It's an LGA election, people no dey really send election wey no be state governorship and presidential, especially when the elections are being conducted off-cycle. The government in control of the state would easily do the mobilization to see themselves off the finish line. To prove my point, check every off-cycle election in Lagos, APC always sweep easily.

It's commendable that Obaseki held LGA elections, hopefully more governors follow suit and we return to the PDP/Obasanjo years when LGA chairmen were powerful, and we knew who they were.

Not them, I saw several complaints on twitter as to how many polling units did not have result sheets. And many making this exact complaint that they've been waiting for too long.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2023
If one Aro patient mentions me unnecessarily, I'd simply bin the mention.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2023
So wait.. The middle belt states nko?
The food basket of the nation

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2023
grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
No Benue, no Taraba.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2023
donjazzet:

Not them, I saw several complaints on twitter as to how many polling units did not have result sheets. And many making this exact complaint that they've been waiting for too long.
I'm just seeing the videos too, PDP winning Edo North was odd. Obaseki dey run APC street 😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:53pm On Sep 03, 2023
For the terrorist wey dey organize donations for a group that doesn't exist, if you want to be unfortunate in your life, continue playing with silly ideas.

Like I said before, when you're ready to embrace your calling, you'll go and join your fellow animals in the North killing for a god.

When your head, what's called 'Ori' in Yoruba, wants to attract calamities and misfortunes into your life and that of your family, go and attack the wrong persons in your usual practice of killing and fighting for a god. Na den you go understand what Yoruba people call "aye pegba". The world is more than what you see.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

oasiX no dey share dis type of stat. e b like southern states no dey farm
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2023
Werey ti ja patapata😂😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2023
A001:

Use your dictionary and stop embarrassing yourself. Check the meaning of "norm" and "culture" and read that post you quoted again. Your problem is poor quality of education.

I never thought I'd be explaining to a so-called graduate what "norm" and "culture" mean. You think only religious people have norms?
Which kind of dull reasoning is this?
You think by tagging me an illiterate you have won an argument? When this illiterate guy has just blown your head open.

You moved from culture to norms. Rubbish.

Atheism is neither a cultural practice nor a cultural norm in Africa. Any individual can hallucinate about the nonexistence of God that does not make it a cultural practice.

Yoruba women who wear trousers does not make it Yoruba culture. Neither is it anything near cultural norms.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
Unlimited22:

No Benue, no Taraba.

I believe that just the top ten states. There are others. Benue, Taraba and other states occupy numbers above 10 .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2023
Na tem/otem we they call na this oloriburuku they cry
O ma ke ku ni asiwerey
I have some hours to burn before our match olofo

So e they pain you😂😂 but you sabi call and rubbish other religions oloribu
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2023
One silly alfa wey dey like demonize and attack some Isese people in my former place, he's been doing it for a while mostly without any repercussion.

Till he attacked the wrong person and dan one reason him matter, and the alfa run mad for the town.

When you attack and demonize those practicing certain aspects of their native culture unjustly so as to destroy their culture and replace these aspects with similar aspects from a foreign culture, when you attack the wrong person and they send you a message in your vulnerable state while asleep, just bear your misfortune like that.

When you get some messages while asleep, even your god can't do anything to help you. So, before you attack and fight for a god, know those you want to attack.

One billion kursiy can't cure a simple viral infection.

Some terrorists in Ilorin sent some Isese practitioners to jail for giving them a response to the daily condemnation and demonization of their ancestors.

Many alfas have demonized and condemned the deities of Isese practitioners over time. These are the ancestors and forefathers of the Yorubas.

Historically, this evil practice of demonizing and condemning the ancestors of the native peoples is the modus operandi of the adherents of the imported religions. Open the Qur'an, before you read more than two verses, you'd see various hate speeches against non-Muslims and the pagans.

You demonize and condemn a people, and they reply you in kind, then you start harassing them with the police.

Until when you do this to the wrong people, and they give you the calamity you and your family would be nursing for the rest of your life. When you attack and kill others you think are weak for a god and your selfish interests, be ready when more superior forces also use power over you.

When that happens, you can then call on your god even though common cold he can't cure for you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2023
Spy360:

You think by tagging me an illiterate you have won an argument? When this illiterate guy has just blown your head open.

You moved from culture to norms. Rubbish.

Atheism is neither a cultural practice nor a cultural norm in Africa. Any individual can hallucinate about the nonexistence of God that does not make it a cultural practice.

Yoruba women who wear trousers does not make it Yoruba culture. Neither is it anything near cultural norms.
All humans, whether religious or not, have norms, languages, practices, arts, music they listen to. All these is what constitute a culture.

Even to use your dictionary to check what's called "norm" and "culture" is difficult.

Lols.

I no get time for that terrorist
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

oasiX no dey share dis type of stat. e b like southern states no dey farm

grin

....I saw it but just looked away. NE and NW benefitted alot under last Administration in term of loans and grants.

It ain't limited to Anchor Borrower alone, dem chop Nirsal to stupor too. Southerners that applied only waste their time and money, coz shishi didn't come to them.

Monerozi5590, my good bro, won't ever dare criticize past Administration, e get why.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
As usual courage the cowardly dog
I will bin unnecessary mention yenyenyen

Oloshi
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2023
From tem/otem to isese
Confused motherfvcker if isese no favour werey tomorrow he will come here like a deranged dog preaching another gospel
Werey alaso

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2023
@donjazet, I saw this Nairaland page on Twitter, never knew it existed before tagging Obi, a packaged scam and those supporting him as being ignorant or wicked.

Pls check it out and let me know your view.

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2023
Oasis003:

grin

....I saw it but just looked away. NE and NW benefitted alot under last Administration in term of loans and grants.

It ain't limited to Anchor Borrower alone, dem chop Nirsal to stupor too. Southerners that applied only waste their time and money, coz shishi didn't come to them.

Monerozi5590, my good bro, won't ever dare criticize past Administration, e get why.

No sir. Buhari is not above criticism. The Anchor's Borrower's programme was launched by Buhari in 2015. Though it has been in CBN ACT before then.

Farm input and cash were distributed across the 36 states to farmers as loans.

That statistics is just for the top ten states.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2023
monerozi5590:

No sir. Buhari is not above criticism. The Anchor's Borrower's programme was launched by Buhari in 2015. Though it has been in CBN ACT before then.

Farm input and cash were distributed across the 36 states to farmers as loans.

That statistics is just for the top ten states.

grin

....if atall anything reach south, na peanut bruh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3209) (3210) (3211) (3212) (3213) (3214) (3215) ... (4947) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: HOMOTOYOSI10, Ballzproblemm, iamoyindamola(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.