Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,482 members, 7,888,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1654104 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) ... (4978) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 11:27pm On Oct 19, 2023
Segedinho:
CSU saga never finish o...

grin grin
Alert don enter.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2023
izzou:

The two people championing it, do not live here.

Nothing is more crazier than that grin

Oasis will soon come and give us a daily report of how life is getting better, right from his air-conditioned, 24 hour electrified room in the UAE.

Real crazy, fam grin

Real insanity bruv.

When you realize that whilst you’re queuing to buy excess fuel and stock because you don’t know what happens with the prices tomorrow, he doesn’t even need to smell gasoline because the rides are electric and the transport system works efficiently and reliably.

Omo, I’d love to be a neurosurgeon just to study APC boiz electrical brain activity grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmiDon11: 11:35pm On Oct 19, 2023
[quote author=Magnoliaa post=126505682]"Our circumstance" for someone that is not (living) in Nigeria is crazy, fam.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
Theflint1:
500K can barely sustain a family of four trying to live your middle-class life (I for say cannot, but lemme use barely). Cost of feeding, fuel and school fees alone don swallow that 500K finish. The cost of living crisis is very real.

Family of four will struggle on a combined income of 500k especially if they live in big cities and the children attend private schools. It doesn't matter how frugal they are.

When people tell me to have one more child, as it enters one ear, it exists the from other cheesy

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2023
Theflint1:
He'd probably give Lagos another shot in 2026, dunno if he plans on contesting for Anambra after that...is his mum from Anambra, or this is another post where Anambra is getting unwarranted mentions courtesy of Peter Obi? cheesy

His mother is from Anambra and he has a better shot at Anambra govt house. Given his rapport with Peter Obi, winning in Anambra should be a walkover
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
izzou:
"We don't need his body, we need his brain"

We don see the brain naa

grin grin cheesy

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
raumdeuter:

His mother is from Anambra and he has a better shot at Anambra govt house. Given his rapport with Peter Obi, winning in Anambra should be a walkover
He's consistently polled solid numbers from Lagos, and I think 2026 would be a good time to consolidate on those numbers. Maybe when he's done with Lagos in 2031 he can leverage his Peter Obi connect and do Anambra... personally would prefer he takes a shot at the presidency when he's done with Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:13am On Oct 20, 2023
Theflint1:
You should try reading his blog too, you get to really see his ideas proper. He may or may not be best for Lagos practically, but as regards his ideals, I respect him for that.

Ideals don't pay bills. Nobody disagrees with his ideals. Stating the obvious does not make one a functional leader.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:19am On Oct 20, 2023
Theflint1:
He's consistently polled solid numbers from Lagos, and I think 2026 would be a good time to consolidate on those numbers. Maybe when he's done with Lagos in 2031 he can leverage his Peter Obi connect and do Anambra... personally would prefer he takes a shot at the presidency when he's done with Lagos.

Lagosians have shown that they don't want him, His talents shouldnt be wasted Anambra needs someone like him
2031 is a very long time and Peter Obi might not wield the influence he does today, Next Guber in Anambra will be a perfect time for GRV to contest and show Lagosians what they missed out on
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:24am On Oct 20, 2023
Nigerians suffering has just started. Wait till $ hits N2k. There's nothing Tinubu can do about it. A country that relies on Foreign Exchange reserves to maintain it's standard of living having no foreign exchange reserves will only lead to an inevitable outcome. Nigerians should have known there was fire on the mountain when Nigeria was trying to defacto borrow foreign reserves from Afrimex. That means say water done pass garri and PWC calculations on the state of our reserves is true.

Sanusi words come to mind.

“I can only plead with the people to endure the hardship, and those who have the means to help the downtrodden should do so.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 12:45am On Oct 20, 2023
Ibime:
Nigerians suffering has just started. Wait till $ hits N2k. There's nothing Tinubu can do about it. A country that relies on Foreign Exchange reserves to maintain it's standard of living having no foreign exchange reserves will only lead to an inevitable outcome. Nigerians should have known there was fire on the mountain when Nigeria was trying to defacto borrow foreign reserves from Afrimex. That means say water done pass garri and PWC calculations on the state of our reserves is true.

“I can only plead with the people to endure the hardship, and those who have the means to help the downtrodden should do so.
It will hit 2k by December

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:41am On Oct 20, 2023
raumdeuter:

Perfect governor for Anambra in 2026
Hopefully he will contest for Anambras governorship and get massive support

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 2:20am On Oct 20, 2023
raumdeuter:

8million people voted for him and in 2027 voters based in Nigeria will evaluate the candidates and pick the best option again
he rigged his way in bro..

Nobody voted for nobody
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:48am On Oct 20, 2023
I can agree Nigeria missed it by voting Tinubu but I can not agree GRV was a reasonable choice for Lagos in any way .

At no point did GRV convince me he knows what it requires to be a governor of a state like Lagos . GRV had a lot of baggages that portrayed him as a man that knows little or nothing about the terrain he stepped into.

GRV as a politician could not even convincingly articulate his points and kill the tribalism allegations surrounding his person . Like this is a man that is planning to rule a Yoruba state that could not kill the allegations he was caught pants down dissing his own Yoruba tribe with derogatory words.

Maybe he didn’t have a good strategy team/handlers who could help him articulate his points to convince the lower and middle class , but certainly he just failed to reach the people that matters in the electoral ecosystem .

Personally I believe GRV would not even have scored as much as he did without the Peter Obi/OBIdients tsunami . Maybe Sanwoolu has not performed excellently well and busy doing houseboy work for Tinubu ; maybe but I’m not convinced then and I’m not convinced now that GRV would’ve been a better alternative .For all the MIT degree he holds , GRV doesn’t impress me one bit!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:52am On Oct 20, 2023
Ibime:

Maybe there’s nothing Tinubu can do about it , but he should not be making it worse with his head scratching decisions . All we’ve seen since he was sworn-in is Nigeria slidding even downwards into economic abyss . It’s been more of people falling below the poverty line .

Even some of my friends that will not allow person rest on whatsapp with his pishures and chants of “City boy “ have carried mat to sleep on the floor as dem no get energy to stand with him anymore .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:57am On Oct 20, 2023
Segedinho:
CSU saga never finish o...

grin grin

These ones will only end up telling u what u’ve been reading on nairaland ; that Tinubu garafiated from CSU. The tone of the press release already suggested that. They will not address the pertinent question of “
Why did Tinubu submit a document CSU could not authenticate to INEC“

Don’t hold ur breath thinking they will reveal anything u don’t already know .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:03am On Oct 20, 2023
Ibime:

almost everrything happening right now are things we have been warned about for years. there is a radio station - smooth fm with a morning show where talking heads discuss nigerian politics. cheta, rotus and some other fellows. all of these issues have been predicted years ago. we have been kicking the can down the road. now we have run out of road

Nigeria was owing NNPC trillions. there was no way the subisidy could continue.

as for the naira - there are no more reserves to defend it. this is unfortunately like the case of Mr Ibu. the bad habits have come home to roost

our economy is tied to the price of oil - and the demand for our oil has gone down.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:18am On Oct 20, 2023
GloriousGbola:

almost everrything happening right now are things we have been warned about for years. there is a radio station - smooth fm with a morning show where talking heads discuss nigerian politics. cheta, rotus and some other fellows. all of these issues have been preicyed years agao. we have been kicking the can down the road. now we have run out of road

Nigeria was owing NNPC trillions. there was no way the subisidy could continue.

as for the naira - there are no more reserves to defend it. this is unfortunately like the case of Mr Ibu. the bad habits have come home to roost

I don’t think Tinubu was voted to come and make a bad situation worse . Nobody here that campaigned for Tinubu mentioned that when Tinubu gets voted into power “bad habits will come Home to roost”

All we Heard was that prosperity is here when he was declared president . All we heard while
his official portrait was used to spam this space was that Akanbi omo olodo ide is here to set Nigeria on a path to prosperity like “he did in Lagos “.

Nobody ever mentioned he’s going to fulfill the “prophecy of doom” of dem Rotus and Cheta . We were told he will hit the ground running from day one; day two he will keep running . so far we can see baba has not even started crawling .

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 3:47am On Oct 20, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I don’t think Tinubu was voted to come and make a bad situation worse . Nobody here that campaigned for Tinubu mentioned that when Tinubu im gets voted into power that “bad habits will come Home to roost”

All we Heard was that prosperity is here when he was declared president . All we heard while
his official portrait was used to spam this space was that Akanbi omo olodo ide is here to set Nigeria on a path to prosperity like “he did in Lagos “.

Nobody ever mentioned he’s going to fulfill the “prophecy of doom” of dem Rotus and Cheta . We were told he will hit the ground running from day one; day two he will keep running . s far we can see baba has not even started crawling .
exactly LMAO, economy strategist.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:47am On Oct 20, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I don’t think Tinubu was voted to come and make a bad situation worse . Nobody here that campaigned for Tinubu mentioned that when Tinubu im gets voted into power that “bad habits will come Home to roost”

Nobody ever mentioned he’s going to fulfill the “prophecy of doom” of dem Rotus and Cheta . We were told he will hit the ground running from day one; day two he will keep running . s far we can see baba has not even started crawling .

my opinion is that anyone who came in would have met the same situation. unfortunately the government has not decided to let us know the full extent of the mess emeifele/buhari put us into.

Tinubu did not rebuild lagos overnight. he did not rebuild lagos in six months. and just as he is doing now, he also made mistakes then as Lagos Governor as well.

things will get much worse before they get better.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 3:51am On Oct 20, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7883339/managing-pay-salaries-facing-enormous

shalaye upon shalaye cheesy, tinubu is working.

can't pay salaries but legislators dey order SUVs.

🙂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:53am On Oct 20, 2023
Lols, how things wan get better. Which miracle or magic go happen? These APC people are so delusional grin

Make everybody just prepare for the worst.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:54am On Oct 20, 2023
GloriousGbola:

my opinion is that anyone who came in would have met the same situation. unfortunately the government has not decided to let us know the full extent of the mess emeifele/buhari put us into.

Tinubu did not rebuild lagos overnight. he did not rebuild lagos in six months. and just as he is doing now, he also made mistakes then as Lagos Governor as well.

things will get much worse before they get better.

Na so Buhari talk till he use 8 years and Femi Adesina still gaslight us at the end of the 8 years telling us buhari is leaving the country better than he met it.

Na so Buhari blamed Jonathan for 8 good years . This one u are already blaming buhari and emefiele in the first 6 months , I hope we won’t get to see them being blamed for the rest 3 and half years of this administration o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:56am On Oct 20, 2023
BlueRayDick:

There's no easy fix to the dollar situation. None.

Except you want to tow the Buhari/Emefiele way to using all the foreign reserves and even future income to continue to defend the naira. The same thing Buhari/Emefiele did that got us in this position in the first place. No forex is coming in, foreign reserve is dry, demand for dollar just keep skyrocketing as if dollar is our official currency.

Goodluck to those looking for instant miracle.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 3:57am On Oct 20, 2023
A001:
Lols, how things wan get better. Which miracle or magic go happen? These APC people are so delusional grin

Make everybody just prepare for the worst.
that guy is full of shit
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:03am On Oct 20, 2023
CBN should just damn it all and outlaw dollar cash transaction in Nigeria totally. Make all the transaction digital so they can easily track flow of forex in the country. Rescind the license of all the BDC. Bring in all the IMTO players into the forex market and set stringent regulations, anyone caught out-manuvering the system, their license should be revoked with immediate effect.

Foreign transaction that pass through the IMTO last year was over $40bn and only $2bn of those entered into the system while the CBN/Official channel got less than $28bn transaction and a outflow of $30bn.

The earlier the CBN and this admin damn the consequences and go all out on this forex issue, the better for all of us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 4:04am On Oct 20, 2023
Things hard, things hard, FG is struggling to pay salaries. But Tinubu, the lawmakers, and the governors aren't doing anything to cut the cost of governance and reduce their humongous allowances.

It's business as usual for the political class. But some delusional people for Nairaland still dey expect things to get better for the masses.

If dollar hits 2000 naira by December or January, how much will it get to by the end of Tinubu's four years in office? Dem no know that one, but they're already calculating 8 years for BAT.

Even his first few months na F9. Complete failure. Hunger and suffering go teach many Nigerians a lesson never to vote for political aspirants along religious and tribal lines.

People go get sense one day

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:06am On Oct 20, 2023
larride:

There's no easy fix to the dollar situation. None.

Except you want to tow the Buhari/Emefiele way to using all the foreign reserves and even future income to continue to defend the naira. The same thing Buhari/Emefiele did that got us in this position in the first place. No forex is coming in, foreign reserve is dry, demand for dollar just keep skyrocketing as if dollar is our official currency.

Goodluck to those looking for instant miracle.

Na so Buhari talk for 8 years; "there's no easy fix", "Jonathan messed up this country ", etc.

Now Tinubu has towed same path. I just hope we won't hear this same excuse from the same playbook after 4 years. That's my own cos I'm beginning to see a pattern being formed here. Someone campaigned that he has what to take to fix whatever mess he meets on ground and the moment we start to remind him of that promise the defense we hear is that Rome was not built in a day. Today now it appears Buhari could not even build Rome past foundation level yet we were called names when we were calling his government out back then by his loyalists.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 4:07am On Oct 20, 2023
"excuses are signs of a failed government."

ballzproblemm 2023

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:10am On Oct 20, 2023
Ballzproblemm:
exactly LMAO, economy strategist.

At least we all know Buhari was a dullard who knew next to nothing about running an economy. We no supposed dey experience worse under a Tinubu that was touted as the next best thing after jollof rice

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 4:15am On Oct 20, 2023
BlueRayDick:

At least we all know Buhari was a dullard who knew next to nothing about running an economy. We no supposed dey experience worse under a Tinubu that was touted as the next best thing after jollof rice
😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 4:17am On Oct 20, 2023
Dis Tinubu sef go worse pass Buhari. When Nigerians were still recovering from the great suffering Buhari put them through, the cocaine lord removed the subsidy on petrol in such a callous and careless manner without any planning or preparation.

The were never even step a foot into office when he took the silly decision hurriedly. No money to pay fuel subsidy, but there's enough to sustain the lavish lifestyle of the ruling class, especially those lawmakers.

Then, their foot soldiers on Nairaland are ready to defend all sorts of nonsense from the politicians.

Anyway, the politicians aren't really the problem sha. It's the dumb ones that form the majority in the country, especially those corrupt people wey full the churches and mosques.

Empty brains

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) ... (4978) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Kundistrict(m), KingTom(m), Ibukzy, obainojazz(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.