Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,171 members, 7,916,421 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:03 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1750388 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3560) (3561) (3562) (3563) (3564) (3565) (3566) ... (5155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This ur March to December 2008 timeline ehn, I don’t know how true it is o.

I know my old man lost millions too between that 2008 to 2012 when value of stocks drop crazily . A lot of elderly people who used stock as their retirement plans either had stroke or died from the shock during that period and beyond.

It was much more later that stock picked up.
I can still remember vividly nau. This my landlord no even old. Yuppy guy he can't be more than 50+

I doubt someone worth billions would be sweating over 80m. Whether the loss was combined with other investments outside stock market is a possibility but I know stocks constituted a large chunk of these losses
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:29pm On Oct 23, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This ur March to December 2008 timeline ehn, I don’t know how true it is o.

I know my old man lost millions too between that 2008 to 2012 when value of stocks drop crazily . A lot of elderly people who used stock as their retirement plans either had stroke or died from the shock during that period and beyond.

It was much more later that stock picked up.

The major crash happened with those 9 months in 2008 and parts of 2009.

It's possible the ASI didn't return to the high of 2008 before the crash until 2012. I haven't checked so I'm not sure.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
swiz123:

People will always find a way to get what they need and making what they need scarce will only lead to increase in price of that commodity.

Nothing will ever stop Usman at Yaba from getting his hands on that dollars; and nothing will stop Chibuzor from going to him because he needs to pay for Tokunbo electronics.
Like him and larride said, if CBN take that measure, There may not be much need to hoard dollars and it will crash the price when there is not much demand for it.

The problem is its never possible because na them them. They can't stop their guys from eating through the opportunity available.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2023
A001:

Kudos to him. His ancestor, Fenibeso, along with others (such as Oghene and Abassi) from your area and immediate environs, will be immensely proud.

It's highly important for people in those areas to research and document the history of Fenibeso, Oghene (also called Osanobua), and Abassi in the native languages.

One of these days, I'll visit your area and some Igbo towns to partake in the local festivals and do further field research on some applications of my models of physics and math.

The local cultures are beautiful, along with the native languages. I'm currently vibing to Oliver de Coque's 'People's Club of Nigeria' and 'Nwa Bu Nwa', which are great works of art, including the songs of Chief Osita Osadebe.
grin grin

Preach bro!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2023
A40:
My Oando, UBA, No remind me of those dark times.

Useless stockbroker use maale funds buy Jos Breweries and ABC transport.

Monies that people lost ehn

Those were dark days terrible things happened and looking back that was a good turning point for me because that was the event that made me know that I had no future in Nigeria.

When I left Nigeria I had like 7M in my trading accounts the years I worked all my annual leave allowance, travel allowance, bonus, loans was put into trading. I will even take loans from some friends, use to trade, return their capital and walk away with a good profit. I will take 2m return 2.2 in 3months. While I could have made over 1.2m in profits. I had enough to buy a tear rubber Camry 2007 muscle but ploughed into the stock market
First 2 hours when we get to work everyday na to analyze market, place calls to brokers by close of business see your profits. It now became a game of how much can you put in. when almost 10% dey show weekly sometimes almost 30% in a week

we actually had a thread on NL where people shared stock picks, my plan was that I will be trading Naija stocks online from US, adding some money I make here and hopefully in 3-4yrs grow it to like 100M then come to Naija begin flex the money, I was so bullish on the Naija stock market that I was actually planning to get investments from friends in Diaspora to invest in Naija stock market and be getting returns

in a few months market crashed, trading suspended, when trading resumed I begin see 600k in the account from 7m.

I just sent message to the broker to sell everything and close my account. Carry the change give my folks for Naija to take hold themselves.
My stockbroker sef left stockbroking, left Lagos when people curses wan finish am. He starting farming plus charcoal export

The positive was that It made up my mind about say I no get future in Naija

One friend who was getting money from his abroad based brother in law to buy a property was pouring into the stock market. Na that mater break his marriage

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

Those were dark days terrible things happened and looking back that was a good turning point for me because that was the event that made me know that I had no future in Nigeria.

When I left Nigeria I had like 7M in my trading accounts the years I worked all my annual leave allowance, travel allowance, bonus, loans was put into trading. I will even take loans from some friends, use to trade, return their capital and walk away with a good profit. I will take 2m return 2.2 in 3months. While I could have made over 1.2m in profits. I had enough to buy a tear rubber Camry 2007 muscle but ploughed into the stock market
First 2 hours when we get to work everyday na to analyze market, place calls to brokers by close of business see your profits. It now became a game of how much can you put in. when almost 10% dey show weekly sometimes almost 30% in a week

we actually had a thread on NL where people shared stock picks, my plan was that I will be trading Naija stocks online from US, adding some money I make here and hopefully in 3-4yrs grow it to like 100M then come to Naija begin flex the money, I was so bullish on the Naija stock market that I was actually planning to get investments from friends in Diaspora to invest in Naija stock market and be getting returns

in a few months market crashed, trading suspended, when trading resumed I begin see 600k in the account from 7m.

I just sent message to the broker to sell everything and close my account. Carry the change give my folks for Naija to take hold themselves.
My stockbroker sef left stockbroking, left Lagos when people curses wan finish am. He starting farming plus charcoal export

The positive was that It made up my mind about say I no get future in Naija

One friend who was getting money from his abroad based brother in law to buy a property was pouring into the stock market. Na that mater break his marriage

Those were really dark days . It was the happenings of that period that made me know that in Nigeria u can have money today and in the next one month u are in penury .

If not that the banking sector recapitalization had happened like 3 years earlier , a lot of banks would’ve died that period
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Those were really dark days . It was the happenings of that period that made me know that in Nigeria u can have money today and in the next one month u are in penury .

If not that the banking sector recapitalization had happened like 3 years earlier , a lot of banks would’ve died that died that period

Na still that incident carry Oceanic Bank enter Ocean and Intercontinental Bank go another continent. Banks we thought were some of the strongest in Naija then
Some friends who lost jobs in those banks then never got back on their feet
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2023
Nigeria wins P & ID case ; this is good news

https://www.nairaland.com/7886957/nigeria-wins-uk-court-quashes

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

Na still that incident carry Oceanic Bank enter Ocean and Intercontinental Bank go another continent. Banks we thought were some of the strongest in Naija then
Some friends who lost jobs in those banks then never got back on their feet

Na corporate governance failure kill those ones na.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
Sigh of relief 😮‍💨

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Nigeria wins P & ID case ; this is good news

https://www.nairaland.com/7886957/nigeria-wins-uk-court-quashes
why APC bots they praise tinubu ?grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ballzproblemm:
why APC bots they praise tinubu ?grin

I don't know o, but I guess it's just normal Nigeria thing na. When an issue get resolved under ur administration u take credit for it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I don't know o, but I guess it's just normal Nigeria thing na. When an issue get resolved under ur administration u take credit for it.
it's embarrassing we have been reduced to this.

nawao
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
This access bank wahala na wa o. So hackers stole 8 billion naira from Access bank, and they used it to buy crypto. Now every trader that received out of the laundered money has had their account frozen by court order obtained by Access bank.

Sooner or later they will regulate crypto or make a law that will punish crypto traders who don't do KYC for their customers. If there was KYC the traders would've provided it on request by the authorities and their accounts would not have been frozen.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2023
Emaprince:
grin grin

Preach bro!!
Lols, na Oliver de Coque's songs I dey listen to since morning, even though na little Igbo I understand. When I still dey Africa, I need to learn Igbo and add it to the list of languages I know.

I learn languages fast. The languages are like living beings and have a soul of their own living in our brains.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2023
https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-massive-victory-for-nigeria-as-uk-court-quashes-11bn-pid-award

Finally some good news.

Edit

It has already been posted

Good to see some of us from across the divide want good for Nigeria smiley

Let us join hand today to celebrate a big victory

I will even swallow any lionization of Buhari monerozi5590 chooses to dish out today grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:
This access bank wahala na wa o. So hackers stole 8 billion naira from Access bank, and they used it to buy crypto. Now every trader that received out of the laundered money has had their account frozen by court order obtained by Access bank.

Sooner or later they will regulate crypto or make a law that will punish crypto traders who don't do KYC for their customers. If there was KYC the traders would've provided it on request by the authorities and their accounts would not have been frozen.

I don't understand sha.

The whole point of crypto is that it is supposed to be untraceable.

So how can access bank prove that anyone received from their money?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
Way to go: https://www.nairaland.com/7886992/kazakhstan-announces-ban-hijabs-schools

Religions have no use or relevance in the modern world. At best, your religion is a private affair. If religion can't be banned outrightly, its practice should be limited to private spaces.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7886992/kazakhstan-announces-ban-hijabs-schools

Live and let others breathe, if other follow this method those extremists will be naked and open
Their won't be shield for them
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I don't understand sha.

I may be wrong , but I think this is what happened :

1. The money was moved in tranches from Access bank to different bank accounts with other banks .

2. The moved money in the various banks were now used to purchase USDT from binance traders who obviously don’t know they were paid with laundered funds .

I think that’s the way access bank could’ve been able to trace the money . It moved within the banking system leaving paper trail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:
https://www.nairaland.com/7886992/kazakhstan-announces-ban-hijabs-schools

Live and let others breathe, if other follow this method those extremists will be naked and open
Their won't be shield for them

Hmmmm. And Kazakhstan is a country where 70% of the population practise Islam .

But if it was Nigeria that doesn’t have that much Muslims MURIC , NSCIA etc no go allow us hear word claiming they are trampling on their fundamental human right 🤦‍♂️
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

But if it was Nigeria that doesn’t have that much Muslims MURIC , NSCIA etc no go allow us hear word claiming they are trampling on their fundamental human right 🤦‍♂️

This may be like Afghanistan where the country was 95% village but there was liberal democracy in kabul. Easy to enforce secularism in the capital city but the rest of the country is hardcore 101% sharia.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I don't understand sha.

If it's crypto to crypto then it's untraceable but this one is fiat to crypto which's traceable.

The bank account that's used to bought the crypto is known, the crypto seller account that received the money is known.

It's P2P transaction
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

people dey bypass KYC like tomorrow no dey?

How much be KYC account? Infact if you gather 50 aboki, give them 5k each, you go run them KYC and open any crypto account you need to open..

KYC is overated bro..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I don't understand sha.

it was probably laundered through p2p (peer to peer transfer)..

Peer to peer is just mere bank transfer and it can be traced..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

As i hate that midget el rufai reach i love what he did to those shai muslims
Till date they know where to do their madness
If government want to deal with clowns like MURIC they need to be ruthless so that anybody that want to display craze will first of all think of the consequences
All these bandits and terrorists keep growing because we have tolerance mumu leaders
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
Incognito9:

If it's crypto to crypto then it's untraceable but this one is fiat to crypto which's traceable.

The bank account that's used to bought the crypto is known, the crypto seller account that received the money is known.
hahahahaha.. you guys are light years behind..

Do you here about onchain Blockchain analysis?

Paste me your wallet and I'll tell your all your coins and nft holdings, your coins transfers, recipients etc
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2023
By the way, naira to usdt is now approaching 1.3k/$

We must to breath 🫁🙏
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2023
GloriousGbola:

This may be like Afghanistan where the country was 95% village but there was liberal democracy in kabul. Easy to enforce secularism in the capital city but the rest of the country is hardcore 101% sharia.
I doubt , this country is closer to russia and some part in asia
Lord putin will surely know his neighbor to evaluate if he will sleep peacefully at night grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
seankafor:
hahahahaha.. you guys are light years behind..

Do you here about onchain Blockchain analysis?

Paste me your wallet and I'll tell your all your coins and nft holdings, your coins transfers, recipients etc

I haven't heard about it but I will like you to show me an example.

What do you want me to paste? Specify
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Kazakhstan is ex-Soviet Union so the people must have been indoctrinated with the spirit of secularism for a long time.

Secondly, it has a significant Russian Christian minority and is closely allied with Russia. Enforcing radical Islam might make things sticky for the ethnic Russians.

Finally, they are Turkic people and I find that generally speaking they favour moderate Islam compared to their Arab brethren.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3560) (3561) (3562) (3563) (3564) (3565) (3566) ... (5155) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: superfelix, Shegzdave, MEND001, haybhi1(m), DammyOlu123(m), Realtord43 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.