Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,371 members, 7,888,208 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:39 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1652886 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3561) (3562) (3563) (3564) (3565) (3566) (3567) ... (4977) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2023
Incognito9:

I haven't heard about it but I will like you to show me an example.

What do you want me to paste? Specify
paste me your address.. not from binance, because binance or any centralized exchange is a hot wallet and will pop up as hot wallet on Blockchain explorer..

If you have mm, tw, or any hardwallet that has funds in it..

Heck you can do it yourself..

Go to Blockchain explorer and see your wallet activities..

How do you think 💬 they trace these hacked funds?..lol

Crypto is the most transparent form of money ever.. even more transparent than physical fiat.. lol
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2023
seankafor:
paste me your address.. not from binance, because binance or any centralized exchange is a hot wallet and will pop up as hot wallet on Blockchain explorer..

If you have mm, tw, or any hardwallet that has funds in it..

Heck you can do it yourself..

Go to Blockchain explorer and see your wallet activities..

How do you think 💬 they trace these hacked funds?..lol

Crypto is the most transparent form of money ever.. even more transparent than physical fiat.. lol

I don't deal with decentralized wallets but if you have coins in either tw or mm, paste the address make I run your format.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7886670/bamises-death-caused-force-blunt

they need to do way more. the man obviously is part of a crew that rapes passengers.

how is it no one else has been picked up?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2023
Incognito9:

I don't deal with decentralized wallets but if you have coins in either tw or mm, paste the address make I run your format.
so why den do you say crypto transactions can not be traced?

Even a coin you send from centralized exchange can be traced.. but this time at the mercy of the exchange providers ..

But anything you do on any Dex can be tracked traced by any third party whatsoever
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by mikeapollo: 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

Those were dark days terrible things happened and looking back that was a good turning point for me because that was the event that made me know that I had no future in Nigeria.

When I left Nigeria I had like 7M in my trading accounts the years I worked all my annual leave allowance, travel allowance, bonus, loans was put into trading. I will even take loans from some friends, use to trade, return their capital and walk away with a good profit. I will take 2m return 2.2 in 3months. While I could have made over 1.2m in profits. I had enough to buy a tear rubber Camry 2007 muscle but ploughed into the stock market
First 2 hours when we get to work everyday na to analyze market, place calls to brokers by close of business see your profits. It now became a game of how much can you put in. when almost 10% dey show weekly sometimes almost 30% in a week

we actually had a thread on NL where people shared stock picks, my plan was that I will be trading Naija stocks online from US, adding some money I make here and hopefully in 3-4yrs grow it to like 100M then come to Naija begin flex the money, I was so bullish on the Naija stock market that I was actually planning to get investments from friends in Diaspora to invest in Naija stock market and be getting returns

in a few months market crashed, trading suspended, when trading resumed I begin see 600k in the account from 7m.

I just sent message to the broker to sell everything and close my account. Carry the change give my folks for Naija to take hold themselves.
My stockbroker sef left stockbroking, left Lagos when people curses wan finish am. He starting farming plus charcoal export

The positive was that It made up my mind about say I no get future in Naija

One friend who was getting money from his abroad based brother in law to buy a property was pouring into the stock market. Na that mater break his marriage

You shouldn't have sold the stocks.
I had a similar experience, even got a loan from a bank and invested in stocks, then the market crashed. Then I lost my job too.
But I kept the stocks and was able to delay payment to the bank. Right now, the stocks have recovered and I sold to buy other stocks which have appreciated in value and made me recover all my previous losses.
I recently paid off my bank loans, and my stocks are yielding goof returns now. Unfortunately, the naira devaluation is affecting the value in dollar terms.

If you are still abroad, it makes sense to exchange some dollars and invest in the NGX....there are many undervalued stocks and the rates of returns are still much higher than most stock markets around the world
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
seankafor:
so why den do you say crypto transactions can not be traced?

Even a coin you send from centralized exchange can be traced.. but this time at the mercy of the exchange providers ..

But anything you do on any Dex can be tracked traced by any third party whatsoever

That you can trace the crypto address doesn't reveal the real me in the outside world or provide my personal information.

This is what I'm talking about being untraceable 👆

Only a centralized exchange can help you if my transaction runs on it, which I won't use if I'm the hacker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Finally, they are Turkic people and I find that generally speaking they favour moderate Islam compared to their Arab brethren.

Turkic people no get any business with radicalism. . . except the ones in Afghanistan
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2023
mikeapollo:

You shouldn't have sold the stocks.
I had a similar experience, even got a loan from a bank and invested in stocks, then the market crashed. Then I lost my job too.
But I kept the stocks and was able to delay payment to the bank. Right now, the stocks have recovered and I sold to buy other stocks which have appreciated in value and made me recover all my previous losses.
I recently paid off my bank loans, and my stocks are yielding goof returns now. Unfortunately, the naira devaluation is affecting the value in dollar terms.

If you are still abroad, it makes sense to exchange some dollars and invest in the NGX....there are many undervalued stocks and the rates of returns are still much higher than most stock markets around the world

I doubt this ur experience happened the time Raumdeuter was referring to. If it did I can bet there's no way u would've been sane enough to keep the reminder of the stock or even be able to recover those stock over time. We are talking of N7m stock crashing to N600k here bro.

Do u know how bad the market was that time? Raumdeuter would've lost even more if he held on to the N600k worth of stock. Na loss wey give people wey no even borrow money from bank stroke o.

How would u have delayed repayment of ur loan that time and the bank would allow u when the bank itself is bleeding from their investments?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Kazakhstan is ex-Soviet Union so the people must have been indoctrinated with the spirit of secularism for a long time.

Secondly, it has a significant Russian Christian minority and is closely allied with Russia. Enforcing radical Islam might make things sticky for the ethnic Russians.

Finally, they are Turkic people and I find that generally speaking they favour moderate Islam compared to their Arab brethren.

I agree with u on the turks being moderate muslims; dem no dey carry the kind radicalism Arabs put for head.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ibime:

Turkic people no get any business with radicalism. . . except the ones in Afghanistan

Yes they don’t. The Turkic people in Afghanistan are a small minority sef. The country is majorly Iranic not Turkic.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

As i hate that midget el rufai reach i love what he did to those shai muslims
Till date they know where to do their madness
If government want to deal with clowns like MURIC they need to be ruthless so that anybody that want to display craze will first of all think of the consequences
All these bandits and terrorists keep growing because we have tolerance mumu leaders

I don't agree with El-Rufai and the army did to those Shiites guys. They murdered people in cold blood.

Although I agree those people can be unreasonable and can constitute nuisance but the way dem kill dem sef is not right o.

As for MURIC, I think people like him , Gumi and co should've been long arrested for some of their utterances that heat up the polity unnecessarily. They are just few steps away from becoming Nnamdi Kanu
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
GloriousGbola:

This may be like Afghanistan where the country was 95% village but there was liberal democracy in kabul. Easy to enforce secularism in the capital city but the rest of the country is hardcore 101% sharia.

If they have a working system, I doubt this will happen
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I agree with u on the turks being moderate muslims; dem no dey carry the kind radicalism Arabs put for head.

Maybe because they came late to the party, but so did Northern Nigerians.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2023
mikeapollo:

Rate of return in Naira abi dollars?

Anything asking people to change dollars to invest in Naira denominated stocks at ATH is the work of village people

Though NGX recently surpassed 2008 highs, it is still ten times less in dollar terms, and most NGX gains are driven by a handful of companies

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Illetracy and that Feudalism in Northern Nigeria did a lot of damage

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Illetracy and that Feudalism in Northern Nigeria did a lot of damage

It’s a penkelemes.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:04pm On Oct 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Yes they don’t. The Turkic people in Afghanistan are a small minority sef. The country is majorly Iranic not Turkic.

Even those Persians are usually moderate. Correct me if I'm wrong but Afghan is a Sunni society so those Pashtuns are drawing their fervour from Wahabis, not from Iran
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

It's not because they came late to the party. Wahabiism is a recent phenomenon. Prostitution, sexual freedom and even homosexuality existed in Constantinople under the Ottomans
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ibime:

It's not because they came late to the party. Wahabiism is a recent phenomenon. Prostitution, sexual freedom and even homosexuality existed in Constantinople under the Ottomans

The Ottomans were Turks so that all points towards the Turks being more moderate from time.
I know Wahhabism is recent but even pre Wahhabism the Ottoman Turks were more moderate than the Arabs IMO, employing loads of foreigners and even the rulers marrying foreign Christian wives.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ibime:

Even those Persians are usually moderate. Correct me if I'm wrong but Afghan is a Sunni society so those Pashtuns are drawing their fervour from Wahabis, not from Iran

Yes Persians are often more moderate. Wahhabism in my opinion is just the latest of several radical forms of Islam that rise from time to time from Arabia. A good example of an early form are the Kharijites. I sure say Wahhabis sef go fear those ones.

I think there is something in the Arabic psyche that lends itself to these extreme forms of the religion which are not easily accepted in other cultures.

In Afghanistan for instance if not for the war against the Soviet Union and the importation of thousands of mujahideen to fight the invaders I don’t think these radical forms would have thrived.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I don't agree with El-Rufai and the army did to those Shiites guys. They murdered people in cold blood.

Although I agree those people can be unreasonable and can constitute nuisance but the way dem kill dem sef is not right o.

As for MURIC, I think people like him , Gumi and co should've been long arrested for some of their utterances that heat up the polity unnecessarily. They are just few steps away from becoming Nnamdi Kanu
They attacked first na(the shittes)
I still remember the story very well
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:
This access bank wahala na wa o. So hackers stole 8 billion naira from Access bank, and they used it to buy crypto. Now every trader that received out of the laundered money has had their account frozen by court order obtained by Access bank.

Sooner or later they will regulate crypto or make a law that will punish crypto traders who don't do KYC for their customers. If there was KYC the traders would've provided it on request by the authorities and their accounts would not have been frozen.
Wow shocked

Access is such a loose bank. Scammers open accounts with them as where they receive their fraud proceeds.

I have seen several instances where dudes are defrauded and the money landed in an Access bank account. Tracing these criminals becomes problem.

Two times scammers tried their luck on me, the accounts sent to me were all access.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ibime:

Anything asking people to change dollars to invest in Naira denominated stocks at ATH is the work of village people

Though NGX recently surpassed 2008 highs, it is still ten times less in dollar terms, and most NGX gains are driven by a handful of companies

With all the highs recorded, FPIs no gree come in. There's a reason for that. They are not foolish
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I doubt this ur experience happened the time Ramdeuter was referring to. If it did I can bet there's no way u would've been sane enough to keep the reminder of the stock or even be able to recover those stock over time. We are talking of N7m stock crashing to N600k here bro.

Do u know how bad the market was that time? Rumdeuter would've lost even more if he held on to the N600k worth of stock. Na loss wey give people wey no even borrow money from bank stroke o.

How would u have delayed repayment of ur loan that time and the bank would allow u when the bank itself is bleeding from their investments?

Well said, I was young just starting my career and I had enough time to bounce back. Imagine this happened to a 55yr old man heading towards retirement whose entire work got wiped out. How long will he wait to bounce back

How much loan deferment and how will you run normal life with this major setback, Banks will probably sell collaterals befor you bounce back fully

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

Well said, I was young just starting my career and I had enough time to bounce back. Imagine this happened to a 55yr old man heading towards retirement whose entire work got wiped out. How long will he wait to bounce back

How much loan deferment and how will you run normal life with this major setback, Banks will probably sell collaterals befor you bounce back fully
Does that mean you are 55 years old undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ibime:

Blueraydick So if I am to follow this. I will just be seeing above 7m in my portfolio in 2023. Now think what 7m can do in 2008 and 10m do in 2023

Even if you are not changing Dollar to Naira and just using Naira income to invest sef, its likely to get a higher yield just saving your money in USD. Before Your favourite stock doubles in value, Dollar is likelier to gain 3 times on Naira

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

No 150yrs old

when you are just starting your career and under 35yrs you can try anything, crypto, options trading, penny stocks. sport betting, risky stocks, Trading forex etc If you lose everything you still have time to recover, Many people at a time made bad judgments in investment and can learn/recover

Over 40yrs you better stick to Real estate, govt bonds, and tbills, old reliable dividend stocks that have been paying dividends for 30yrs plus and stable slow boring investments cos you don't have time to recover if you hit mega losses and na highway to stroke

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

No 150yrs old
😅😅😅
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 6:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
iamoyindamola:

dayo na your mate grin

Dayo na old man naa, na whether he get baby mama, na that one I no fit tell grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

Blueraydick So if I am to follow this. I will just be seeing above 7m in my portfolio in 2023. Now think what 7m can do in 2008 and 10m do in 2023

It just barely passed it so more like 7.5m in 2023

When we get into the particular stocks you were holding, it will likely be under 4m or 5m unless you were primarily holding the likes of Airtel, Dangote cement, MTN, BUA cement, BUA foods, Nestle, Zenith, Guaranty Trust and Nigerian breweries which make up over 80% of the capitalisation of the index

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3561) (3562) (3563) (3564) (3565) (3566) (3567) ... (4977) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Coolsat(m), reccy(m), yokiti, OasisX and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.