Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,214 members, 7,880,788 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:52 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3860) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1627557 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3857) (3858) (3859) (3860) (3861) (3862) (3863) ... (4947) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
izzou:

It is because these men had principles, and maybe their eye never tear. There was accountability, and we were also not as divided as we are now.

Obasanjo built FESTAC and National theatre in just 3 years as a Military president. The same project today will cost a president more than 8 years with a very bloated budget.

If Awolowo was alive today, he may most likely be tempted to steal, than even do anything.

We were just as divided, only not livestreamed and the angst experienced in real time from the comfort of our phones.

Read about the tribal tension between Azikwe and Awo, both contesting for the Western seat, and Azikwe versus Prof. Ita (an Ibibio) which led to the ousting in the Eastern seat.

Tribalism was weaponised even then. Some revisited history would only cause more pain and disunity so it's better left alone, sometimes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
OasisX:

grin

.....I agree with first and second but third one? Mi o ni sọ ń kánkán.

Hahaha. This one na bulk purchase not piece meal. You can’t separate them. Either accept all or reject all. Everything is for the itesiwaju of the country.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Greatswimmer: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2023
afrodoc2:

1) All previous political office holders banned for life from further participation in politics. All previous Presidents, VPs, Senate Presidents, Speakers, Governors and Deputy-Governors to receive default life sentences in jail. All other office holders up to ward councillor level to receive default jail terms ranging from 5-50 years depending on how egregious their crimes are. The innocent ones are to be assumed to be guilty by association and to receive a minimum 5-year term.

2) Intra-tribal and intra-religious marriage banned for 5 generations. Punishable by life jail terms for the whole family (including house helps and gatemen).

3) Finally, Abrahamic and African traditional religions will be banned. Flouting this rule will lead to life jail terms for the whole family. Instead, a Cult of Reason will be established, in which the Goddess of Reason will be worshipped. The religious text will be known as the Book of Logic and Common Sense.

These 3 steps are pre-constitutional and sacrosanct. After they have been agreed upon the people will now have a constitutional conference to determine the fine details of the constitution.

I told you. grin

Who will carry out the first suggestion if not military government ?
Nigerian have pass through it no difference those people will always come back

Why did you suggest the second option,

I always make reference to this given the fact that some country that areligiuos are doing well but there are religious country doing well e.g Saudi Arabia, Qatari. etc. The problem is just the mindset of the citizen of this country
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
afrodoc2:

Hahaha. This one na bulk purchase not piece meal. You can’t separate them. Either accept all or reject all. Everything is for the itesiwaju of the country.

grin

....let's try first and second steps, if we ain't getting desired results then we can relunctantly, regrettably try the last step. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2023
DissTroy:

We were just as divided, only not livestreamed and the angst experienced in real time from the comfort of our phones.

Read about the tribal tension between Azikwe and Awo, both contesting for the Western seat, and Azikwe versus Prof. Ita (an Ibibio) which led to the ousting in the Eastern seat.

Tribalism was weaponised even then. Some revisited history would only cause more pain and disunity so it's better left alone, sometimes.

I disagree with the bold; tribalism was not this rife in the first republic. The rivalry/tension bwtween Awo and Azikiwe was more of two highly educated men who had different perspective on nation building/national politics.

There was nothing like weaponized tribalism until the first coup, the counter coup, 1966 progrom and the Civil war that followed. Try and trace Nigeria's history prior to the aforementioned period and u will discover most of the tribalism u have today stemmed from the first coup and matters arising therefrom.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2023
Godx:

Are you all insane? What exactly is beautiful about this basic pictures

The road markings are sign of organized society

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
Greatswimmer:

I always make reference to this given the fact that some country that areligiuos are doing well but there are religious country doing well e.g Saudi Arabia, Qatari. etc. The problem is just the mindset of the citizen of this country

grin

...ex military leaders deserve longer jail term than civilians leaders.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2023
Greatswimmer:

Being religious is only a part of the problem. The big problem is having 2 or more religions in constant conflict. The Saudi Arabia you mentioned has one dominant religious and one dominant sect. If they were 50% Shiite and 50% Sunni they would not be doing as well. Not to talk of if they were 50% Muslim and 50% Christian.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2023
grin

....e be like say na today we go discuss that topic we don avoid like plague. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2023
OasisX:

grin

....let's try first and second steps, if we ain't getting desired results then we can relunctantly, regrettably try the last step. LOL!

Hmmmm. I might reluctantly agree. As long as it is still an option on the table.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2023
afrodoc2:

Hmmmm. I might reluctantly agree. As long as it is still an option on the table.

....ofcourse it has to be. Its plausible to achieve first 2 steps but last step?! In Nigeria?! Quick way to break Nigeria is last step, coz Northerners won't agree.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2023
OasisX:

....ofcourse it has to be. Its easier to achieve first 2 steps but last step?! In Nigeria?! Quick way to break Nigeria is last step, coz Northerners won't agree.

Oooiin. By the time they have married Southern Christians for 2-3 generations who will be able to claim Northerner or Southerner? grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2023
afrodoc2:

Oooiin. By the time they have married Southern Christians for 2-3 generations who will be able to claim Northerner or Southerner? grin

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Greatswimmer: 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2023
OasisX:

grin

...ex military leaders deserve longer jail term than civilians leaders.
They are the only people that can bring such thing to reality through force. They are equally corrupt just ad the civilian
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 2:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
Marry Northerner grin

Can’t be me…. Never grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
Raumdeuter X Oasisx

Please I would like to know your opinions or say the general opinion of BAT supporters as regarding the 20billion naira budget for VP residence.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
obainojazz:
Marry Northerner grin

Can’t be me…. Never grin
You haven't been to the north?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
obainojazz:
Marry Northerner grin
Can’t be me…. Never

Why? Fine babes full North.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2023
obainojazz:
Marry Northerner grin

Can’t be me…. Never grin

Don’t worry it might not be your portion. The Clockwise Pattern will be employed.

The 1st child of every Igbo family must marry a Yoruba. The 1st child of every Yoruba family must marry a Hausa/Fulani. The first child of every Hausa/Fulani family must marry an Igbo.

The second child marries someone from the 3rd tribe (not where the 1st child married from).

The 3rd child of an Igbo family marries a non-Igboid SW minority (Bini/Ishan, Itsekiri) etc while that of a Yoruba marries a Northern minority (Benue-Plateau etc) and that of a Hausa-Fulani family marries a SE minority (Efik/Ibibio/Ijaw etc. )

The minorities will also follow the clockwise pattern.

P.S N, SW, SE in this context are purely geographical terms determined by the Niger and Benue rivers and have no ethnic connotation.

After 5 generations we will see who will be forming tribe against the next man. 😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 3:42pm On Dec 07, 2023
Unhappy marriages go too choke lmao 😂

Black Mirror (the Sci-Fi dystopian Netflix series) covered a similar approach to matchmaking
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
DeadPresidents:
Unhappy marriages go too choke lmao 😂

Black Mirror (the Sci-Fi dystopian Netflix series) covered a similar approach to matchmaking

Nobody send your marriage. Nigeria go survive. grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2023
afrodoc2:

Don’t worry it might not be your portion. The Clockwise Pattern will be employed.

The 1st child of every Igbo family must marry a Yoruba. The 1st child of every Yoruba family must marry a Hausa/Fulani. The first child of every Hausa/Fulani family must marry an Igbo.

The second child marries someone from the 3rd tribe (not where the 1st child married from).

The 3rd child of an Igbo family marries a non-Igboid SW minority (Bini/Ishan:Itsekiri) etc while that of a Yoruba marries a Northern minority (Benie-Plateau etc) and that of a Hausa-Fulani family marries a SE minority (Efik/Ibibio/Ijaw etc. )

The minorities will also follow the clockwise pattern.

P.S N, SW, SE in this context are purely geographical terms determined by the Niger and Benue rivers and have no ethnic connotation.

After 5 generations we will see who will be forming tribe against the next man. 😂
Truthfully, this format might help our tribalism issue…. but I’m not willing to make those sacrifices. grin

Anything outside Southern Nigeria will be hard for me.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 3:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
Spy360:

You haven't been to the north?
Never been there and I’ll never visit grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Why? Fine babes full North.
Yeah, but their fine no help at all.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
obainojazz:
Truthfully, this format might help our tribalism issue…. but I’m not willing to make those sacrifices. grin

Anything outside Southern Nigeria will be hard for me.

E get one Shuwa Arab girl that I tried to mentor during my NYSC. If you see her you go sing another tune.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eXj6R0VKwzlZ7nticHL4kboPSb4TOEaSw8S8SdRm2s8/edit?usp=drivesdk

Did this little thing for an iconic football moment.

Also Northern babes are fine asf...... And I should know 😂😂👽👽👽
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:15pm On Dec 07, 2023
Spy360:
Ramdeuter X Oasisx

Please I would like to know your opinions or say the general opinion of BAT supporters as regarding the 20billion naira budget for VP residence.

Thanks.

I did not follow the news and don't know much of it but if its true as reported then its a wasteful spending which is likely to settle some politician
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 4:15pm On Dec 07, 2023
I think he has a point.

Have you not come across an old video of the premier of the north Ahmadu Bello explaining to a british journalist why he wouldn't employ Igbo people in the Northern Region civil service.

As bad as it is now people were more unexposed and clannish back in the day. It's just the brazen stealing that was not an issue then.

BlueRayDick:

I disagree with the bold; tribalism was not this rife in the first republic. The rivalry/tension bwtween Awo and Azikiwe was more of two highly educated men who had different perspective on nation building/national politics.

There was nothing like weaponized tribalism until the first coup, the counter coup, 1966 progrom and the Civil war that followed. Try and trace Nigeria's history prior to the aforementioned period and u will discover most of the tribalism u have today stemmed from the first coup and matters arising therefrom.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2023
chrisooblog:
I think he has a point.

Have you not come across an old video of the premier of the north Ahmadu Bello explaining to a british journalist why he wouldn't employ Igbo people in the Northern Region civil service.

As bad as it is now people were more unexposed and clannish back in the day. It's just the brazen stealing that was not an issue then.

I was specifically addressing the Aowlowo/Azikiwe point he made. Or let me just say it this way: I have sat with elderly people who were young adults in the 60's and from the account of history I heard from them, u don't have Igbo's hating Yoruba's or Yoruba's hating Igbo's for no just cause.

All of those bad blood became a thing after the first coup that given a tribal coloration, the counter coup, the pogroms and the civil war. You know Awolowo was hated eternally for the advice he gave Gowon when he was released from prison on how to bring the war to an end quickly.

Prior to the first coup Nigeria was running a regional system of government which allowed each region to develop at their own pace. There wasn't much of bad blood between the federating units like that.

Ahmadu was who he was sha.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
obainojazz:
Never been there and I’ll never visit grin

You will probably never experience a girl kneeling down to greet you or serve you drink. grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 5:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
raumdeuter:

I did not follow the news and don't know much of it but if its true as reported then its a wasteful spending which is likely to settle some politician
Isn't this too early?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3857) (3858) (3859) (3860) (3861) (3862) (3863) ... (4947) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: AbokiWam and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.