Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,045 members, 7,939,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1823968 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4100) (4101) (4102) (4103) (4104) (4105) (4106) ... (5221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:57pm On Jan 30
I am not an economist but can Ibime help us here
Nigerian budget in 2023 is saying we have a revenue of 10 trillion Naira (I dont know the exchange rate at that time) even if we assume its N400 to a Dollar meaning in Dollar our total revenue is $25bn a year

Yet 2yrs earlier the VP was telling us we spent $3.36bn in 2months which will translate to $20bn in 1yr

Revenue 25bn , Spend 20bn defending dollar so we have $5bn left in an entire year

Maybe someone with better economic knowledge can shed more light or my Maths is off somewhere

but what I am seeing there, there is no way forward besides to stop the Naira Defence academy

Unless our miracle pastors can help us fix it

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 3:01pm On Jan 30
raumdeuter:
Nigerian budget in 2023 is saying we have a revenue of 10 trillion Naira (I dont know the exchange rate at that time) even if we assume its N400 to a Dollar meaning in Dollar our total revenue is $25bn a year

Yet 2yrs earlier the VP was telling us we spent $3.36bn in 2months which will translate to $20bn in 1yr

Revenue 25bn , Spend 20bn defending dollar so we have $5bn left in an entire year

Maybe someone with better economic knowledge can shed more light or my Maths is off somewhere

but what I am seeing there, there is no way forward besides to stop the Naira Defence academy

Was all that 3.3b spent on defending the naira or was it just an inflated figure whereby some criminals have to loot most of it? Knowing how things works in naija.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:06pm On Jan 30
Emaprince:
Was all that 3.3b spent on defending the naira or was it just an inflated figure whereby some criminals have to loot most of it? Knowing how things works in naija.

I don't know but I can only go by what they said in public
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 3:18pm On Jan 30
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 3:42pm On Jan 30
raumdeuter:

Money for defending the Naira is different from budget money. Naira defence comes from foreign exchange reserve. It's not really spent per se, it's just swapped from one asset (dollar) to another (Naira)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 3:59pm On Jan 30
swiz123:

So after supporting Tinubu, you now expect solution from common nairalanders. What exactly then is your support of Tinubu hinged on? Being Yoruba?

If our president doesn't have solution to the suffering of Nigerians then he is useless. We might as well vote prof. Hensben as our president.
wetin hesben do you nowgrin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:10pm On Jan 30
Ibime:
Money for defending the Naira is different from budget money. Naira defence comes from foreign exchange reserve. It's not really spent per se, it's just swapped from one asset (dollar) to another (Naira)

What now happens when the foreign exchange reserves get depleted cos when we draw consistently that will happen
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 4:46pm On Jan 30
I am in want of expletives to describe this ***** with.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 4:52pm On Jan 30
swiz123:
So after supporting Tinubu, you now expect solution from common nairalanders. What exactly then is your support of Tinubu hinged on? Being Yoruba?

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:53pm On Jan 30
Ati lo Ati de
Thunder fire seun's antispam angry angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:57pm On Jan 30
cc:
Ballzproblem2

Shey u still dey underrate IRAN?. The most sanctioned state in the Middle East. Only them are backing groups in Syria, Iraq, Palestinian, Lebanon, Yemen.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 4:59pm On Jan 30
liveLongNprospa:
Lmao..
It's like me complaining about Mercedes-Benz and you coming to tell me what I would do differently if I owned it?

Nigga do I look like an experienced automobile engineer??
Some questions 😅

No, thank you.

Because he's OBVIOUSLY there because as a given, a president should be the best person a country can offer.

It'll be my duty as a parent to keep the house safe for my toddler, not me expecting a six-month-old child to know how to put safety measures in place to protect it own self. Abi because we cannot make phones or cars, we should not complain of a bad service?

They're supposed to be the experts. The cream of the crop. The best brains with the highest IQs and qualifications and everything. But when we were saying it, they said our mouths was sm*lly.

Torh. Enu e lajo wa yi.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:34pm On Jan 30
Itsrm:

Na wetin make me even remember Oasis. On this thread, he and Raumdeuter were the chief defenders before the election.

grin

.......thanks for checking on Oasis. Man is kinda busy with engagements here and there.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 5:54pm On Jan 30
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
cc:
Ballzproblem2

Shey u still dey underrate IRAN?. The most sanctioned state in the Middle East. Only them are backing groups in Syria, Iraq, Palestinian, Lebanon, Yemen.
nigga you go just come out blue to mention me on nonsense were you see me underrate Iran?

they're one of the biggest exporter of oil so what do you expect , mtcheew
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:55pm On Jan 30
grin

JUST IN: CBN ‘concludes’ payment of ALL verified FX claims by foreign airlines | TheCable

Naira will bounce back, economy will recover soon. Naija is hard at the moment, very hard to be honest, but I believe PBAT will soon get it right.

Make una no vex, I remain to be an Optimist and a Believer that Naija will be great.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:04pm On Jan 30
Ballzproblem2:
nigga you go just come out blue to mention me on nonsense were you see me underrate Iran?

they're one of the biggest exporter of oil so what do you expect , mtcheew

See painment!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 6:08pm On Jan 30
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
cc:
Ballzproblem2

They are terrorist country and have no plan to make their country better. Saudi is slowly leaving terrorism for them and making their country inhabitable for migrants while Iran continues arming several terrorist organization.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 6:17pm On Jan 30
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

See painment!
you wish lol ,I don't give rat ass .
so powerful that isreal is using their commanders in Syria as target practice
https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-784150
shiver me timbers 😆
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30
Sportsweb:
They are terrorist country and have no plan to make their country better. Saudi is slowly leaving terrorism for them and making their country inhabitable for migrants while Iran continues arming several terrorist organization.

Once a state challenge the illegitimate ambition and imperial interest of the US, y'all will tag such state as a terrorist country. But it is even more ridiculous that such a claim is coming from a Nigerian living in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 6:33pm On Jan 30
User09:
Anyway, like i've always maintained, speculators, hoarders and arbitrageurs need to be taken out so the CBN can actually access and deal with the real demand.

I've always wondered why the fixation on the dollar and using it as a benchmark for economic assessment when the general populace should be worried about other economic indices.

Even the exaggerated PPP model doesnt predict the current astronomical exchange rate in the market.

What is all this constant monitoring of dollar rate and using it for political and economic assessment. I have seen enough to know that the speculators are the ones driving the market - which I wouldnt be surprised if the CBN folks account for most of this given that a number of their senior directors are involved in the black market business

Like I have always said and would keep harping on. The dollar needs to leave the Nigerian banking system. I'm almost certain it is a radical but the only way to go now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:35pm On Jan 30
Ballzproblem2:

shiver me timbers

You went awol when IDF lost 22 soldiers in a day in Gaza. US recently lost 3 servicemen in Jordan, while scores were injured. We're still for when IDF will rescue ISRAELis that were kidnapped...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 6:36pm On Jan 30
OasisX:
grin

Naira will bounce back, economy will recover soon. Naija is hard at the moment, very hard to be honest, but I believe PBAT will soon get it right.

Make una no vex, I remain to be an Optimist and a Believer that Naija will be great.

No it wont. At least not in the short or mid term. I still dont see where the supply to meet the exceeding demand will come from
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 6:38pm On Jan 30
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 6:41pm On Jan 30
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

You went awol when IDF lost 22 soldiers in a day in Gaza. US recently lost 3 servicemen in Jordan, while scores were injured. We're still for when IDF will rescue ISRAELis that were kidnapped...

https://dailytrust.com/war-on-gaza-death-toll-surpasses-26600-despite-icjs-ruling/

compared to what Gaza has lost so far?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:41pm On Jan 30
User09:

No it wont. At least not in the short or mid term. I still dont see where the supply to meet the exceeding demand will come from

......NNPCL is no longer incharge of collecting crude oil revenues but CBN bruh.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 6:50pm On Jan 30
OasisX:

......NNPCL is no longer incharge of collecting crude oil revenues but CBN bruh.

So...

Doesnt matter who collects it. Who owns the revenue or earned it?. Its called accrual concept in accounting.

As far as I know. NNPCL is still the one who earned the crude oil revenue, CBN is just collecting on their behalf cos of how shoddy NNPCL has been about the whole thing, so I dont see that much significant difference.

CBN is just sort of acting like a revenue accountant to NNPCL

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:02pm On Jan 30
User09:

Even the exaggerated PPP model doesnt predict the current astronomical exchange rate in the market.

What is all this constant monitoring of dollar rate and using it for political and economic assessment. I have seen enough to know that the speculators are the ones driving the market - which I wouldnt be surprised if the CBN folks account for most of this given that a number of their senior directors are involved in the black market business

Like I have always said and would keep harping on. The dollar needs to leave the Nigerian banking system. I'm almost certain it is a radical but the only way to go now.

Your suggestion will only worsen the situation. I just finished reading a research paper on what happened when Pakistan did exactly what you're suggesting.

Why are speculators not driving the demand for petrol for instance? The reason people are hoarding it is because its scarce. If CBN floods the market with USD today and the price starts crashing, people will be forced to sell.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:07pm On Jan 30
OasisX:

grin

.......thanks for checking on Oasis. Man is kinda busy with engagements here and there.

Good to know you're okay.

And try dey carry us along in these your engagements. cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 7:12pm On Jan 30
Itsrm:

Your suggestion will only worsen the situation. I just finished reading a research paper on what happened when Pakistan did exactly what you're suggesting.

Why are speculators not driving the demand for petrol for instance? The reason people are hoarding it is because its scarce. If CBN floods the market with USD today and the price starts crashing, people will be forced to sell.

Not true. Completely different situation.

Except I remember wrong, What Pakistan did was to ban all fx black markets which is different from what I mentioned. I think their aim then was also to take out black money that was in circulation - Terrorist financing e.t.c. Maybe you could share the research paper, let me see what you mean

Also when you say worsen, what exactly do you mean?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 7:15pm On Jan 30
grin grin grin Israel just de eliminate Iran High ranking general and intelligent officers like say Dem be rag-tag bandits
Ballzproblem2:

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-784150

shiver me timbers 😆
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 7:17pm On Jan 30
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Once a state challenge the illegitimate ambition and imperial interest of the US, y'all will tag such state as a terrorist country. But it is even more ridiculous that such a claim is coming from a Nigerian living in Nigeria.
You were the one that bragged on how Iran is sponsoring several terrorist organizations in Syria, Iraq, Palestine, and Lebanon. Is Iran a terrorist country or not?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 7:19pm On Jan 30
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Bro, Israel and USA lost foot soldiers, IDF is eliminating Iran Military general and Intelligent Commanders with ease and they are not doing jack about it to hit us or Israel top guns.

Imagine killing US intelligence commander, the country or organization responsible will feel fill wrath of US forces.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4100) (4101) (4102) (4103) (4104) (4105) (4106) ... (5221) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Demolz, Segedinho(m), superfelix, Ibukzy, MrJaay(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.