Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,772 members, 7,969,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:20 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1916637 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4554) (4555) (4556) (4557) (4558) (4559) (4560) ... (5381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:17pm On Apr 10
TrebleChamp:
I pray so, paying close to 200k for a 45min flight within Nigeria no easy rara....

Makes no sense.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 6:22pm On Apr 10
https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-leader-ismail-haniyeh-says-3-of-his-sons-killed-in-israeli-strike-in-gaza-city/

papa dey Qatar dey enjoy, the children dey bear the brunt grin, height of foolishness.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:22pm On Apr 10
swiz123:
Watching Junior Pope's lifeless body is so heart breaking.

On the FP thread, everyone dey shout lifejacket, lifejacket, dem never see flying boat overturn before. It can be the same as a car crash with traumatic injuries and instant death, regardless of lifejacket.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 6:23pm On Apr 10
raumdeuter:

Americans don't really need to know about Nigeria if they dont benefit them

Someone in Nasarawa probably knows more about Lagos, not someone in Lagos knows about Nasarawa. Half of Lagos population might not be able to name 3 areas/towns in Nasarawa

If a Nasarawan is trying to do business in Lagos, its for him to learn the ways of Lagos, Not for Lagos to learn about him
He was giving an opinion on a topic that had gone beyond the scope of just America, I won't jump into a discourse that involves cultural nuances of Nassarawa when I have scant knowledge of Nassarawa.

I agree that you need learn the ethics of person's you're looking to do business with, especially when the balance of power is in their favor, but the conversation didn't begin from there, it began from them not realizing that people outside of the US communicate differently.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 6:23pm On Apr 10
swiz123:
Watching Junior Pope's lifeless body is so heart breaking.

WTF is this?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:26pm On Apr 10
Ibime:

On the FP thread, everyone dey shout lifejacket, lifejacket, dem never see flying boat overturn before. It can be the same as a car crash with traumatic injuries and instant death, regardless of lifejacket.

To add, Ballzproblem2 will be one of those to fear to enter boat without lifejacket then call himself a Rivers man.

Any immigrant that claim Rivers man should be thrown in the river to prove himself.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:29pm On Apr 10
Ibime:

To add, Ballzproblem2 will be one of those to fear to enter boat without lifejacket then call himself a Rivers man.

Any immigrant that claim Rivers man should be thrown in the river to prove himself.

Ballzproblem2

Sign here sir ................................
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 6:32pm On Apr 10
Ibime:

you don kolo finish tongue.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:49pm On Apr 10
Theflint1:
He was giving an opinion on a topic that had gone beyond the scope of just America, I won't jump into a discourse that involves cultural nuances of Nassarawa when I have scant knowledge of Nassarawa.

I agree that you need learn the ethics of person's you're looking to do business with, especially when the balance of power is in their favor, but the conversation didn't begin from there, it began from them not realizing that people outside of the US communicate differently.

The guy was capping. Even American writers use words like delve
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:50pm On Apr 10
Ibime:

The guy was capping. Even American writers use words like delve

Please check your mail.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:51pm On Apr 10
larride:

Please check your mail.

I haven't seen anything
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:20pm On Apr 10
Ibime:

I haven't seen anything

Ah.

Recheck
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by swiz123(m): 7:49pm On Apr 10
Ibime:

What could have killed him?

Doesn't look bloated, no bodily injury and how did their body float close to the river bank?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Aturitoroman: 8:15pm On Apr 10
Just read d guy is still alive
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:22pm On Apr 10
Ibime:

I don't know the guy, but I heard he's still alive. Hope he pulls through.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:18pm On Apr 10
swiz123:

What could have killed him?

Doesn't look bloated, no bodily injury and how did their body float close to the river bank?

A001:

I don't know the guy, but I heard he's still alive. Hope he pulls through.

True true, he is alive. Well done to the person that said Nigerians need to learn CPR. Man was just full of water and needed his lungs pumping.

https://www.nairaland.com/8057726/jnr-pope-alive-he-revived

Nigerians also should learn to swim. Small river the guy done nearly kpeme. He was simply a bloody immigrant like Ballzproblem2
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:24pm On Apr 10
grin

.....joke apart BA sef are damn wicked. How dem go dey charge less down £200 for trip?! LOL!

It was £2k before AP disrupted the market with £1k. Dem be like if you go low to hurt us, we will go lowest to KO you. LOL!

Air Peace must win, notwithstanding. UK based, make una patronize our own ó.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:27pm On Apr 10
Ahn ahn, Junior Pope still finally died

He was revived at the hospital but I guess the damage was too much

Maybe he would have survived if CPR was administered immediately he was fished out of the water

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 10:28pm On Apr 10
Ibime:

True true, he is alive. Well done to the person that said Nigerians need to learn CPR. Man was just full of water and needed his lungs pumping.

https://www.nairaland.com/8057726/jnr-pope-alive-he-revived

Nigerians also should learn to swim. Small river the guy done nearly kpeme. He was simply a bloody immigrant like Ballzproblem2
bro what's this obsession with me and my heritage? grin,na me make mistake Sha.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 10:29pm On Apr 10
Ibime:

Maybe he would have survived if CPR was administered immediately he was fished out of the water
RIP to him, and STFU.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 11:35pm On Apr 10
I watched one of the videos circulating of Junior Pope and I am saddened, not necessarily because of the incident but the total lack of basic, I mean basic CPR (drowning CPR to expel excess fluid and provide air) knowledge in Nigeria.

Someone is laying lifeless on the ground and I can see people blowing a piece of paper for air with the lifeless body crowded. Why on earth has no one initiated chest compressions, even if you don’t know the number of compressions needed and or rescue breaths? (Rescue breaths are critical for drowning situations also)

Listen, if you are an adult, especially an adult with children and reading this, please and please, do yourself and family a favor, learn CPR and the Heimlich maneuver (for choking). Also teach your family members, including your children these basic life saving procedures.

Both can be the difference between life and death. They can be the difference between death and irreversible brain damage even if the person survives.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by swiz123(m): 11:52pm On Apr 10
Ibime:

They took him back to the river to perform rituals to appease the gods instead of rushing him to hospital.

Africans are battling mental illness caused by religion.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:58pm On Apr 10
swiz123:

They took him back to the river to perform rituals to appease the gods instead of rushing him to hospital.

Africans are battling mental illness caused by religion.

Which tribe dey live near that river? Na Asaba side or Onitsha side wey do this one?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by swiz123(m): 12:07am On Apr 11
Ibime:

Which tribe dey live near that river? Na Asaba side or Onitsha side wey do this one?

Judging from the way the first respondents spoke, I assume they are Deltans.

Though he was taken to the morgue initially, the mortician sensed life in him and he was revived.

The story never clear sha
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:12am On Apr 11
Roland17:
I watched one of the videos circulating of Junior Pope and I am saddened, bot necessarily because of the incident but the total lack of basic, I mean basic CPR (drowning CPR to expel excess fluid and provide air) knowledge in Nigeria.

Someone is laying lifeless on the ground and I can see people blowing a piece of paper for air with the lifeless body crowded. Why on earth has no one initiated chest compressions, even if you don’t know the number of compressions needed and or rescue breaths? (Rescue breaths is critical for drowning situations also)

Listen, if you are an adult, especially an adult with children and reading this, please and please, do yourself and family a favor, learn CPR and the Heimlich maneuver (for choking). Also teach your family members, including your children these basic life saving procedures.

Both can be the difference between life and death. They can be the difference between death and irreversible brain damage even if the person survives.

Nigeria is one country where people die unnecessarily before their time. That Junior Pope scene happens all the time in Nigeria, even in hospitals. Patients will be brought in and lying on the floor/bench/chair etc and people are either off to the side discussing what to do or someone is using fan/paper to blow air across his face. Of what use is that to someone who has no respiratory movement or pulse?

Maybe CPR should be added as a mini-course as part of secondary curriculum or something, because the ignorance is crazy. Someone will be choking and they will be trying to give him water to drink. What about the politician that fainted on TV, and they were trying to sit him up and give him water to drink?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:45am On Apr 11
swiz123:

Judging from the way the first respondents spoke, I assume they are Deltans.

Though he was taken to the morgue initially, the mortician sensed life in him and he was revived.

The story never clear sha

Imagine the time that passed while they were doing all these
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 4:55am On Apr 11
Ibime:

In the online video, na Jesus dem dey praise say he revive am. They believe they need Jesus Christ more than learning such a vital life-saving technique like CPR. No wonder Nigeria has one of the lowest life expectancies in the world.

People can't be this dumb and ignorant, and their ignorance won't shorten their life.

Make person no ust get bad luck and find himself in this situation among Nigerians requiring the use of CPR. Na useless prayers in the name of Jesus Christ or Allah the mumu people go dey recite, instead of doing the needful (applying the needed medical technique).

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 5:02am On Apr 11
Ibime:

Roland17:
I watched one of the videos circulating of Junior Pope and I am saddened, bot necessarily because of the incident but the total lack of basic, I mean basic CPR (drowning CPR to expel excess fluid and provide air) knowledge in Nigeria.

Someone is laying lifeless on the ground and I can see people blowing a piece of paper for air with the lifeless body crowded. Why on earth has no one initiated chest compressions, even if you don’t know the number of compressions needed and or rescue breaths? (Rescue breaths is critical for drowning situations also)

Belief in Jesus or Allah won't allow people to know all these things. People wey dey look for miracles all about can't see the importance of learning CPR to save lives, after all Jesus is the ultimate lifesaver based on their belief.

May we never be unfortunate in life by experiencing some medical conditions among Nigerians. Na useless prayers dem go dey chant all about instead of taking the necessary steps medically urgently before it's too late.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 5:12am On Apr 11
A001:

In the online video, na Jesus dem dey praise say he revive am. They believe they need Jesus Christ more than learning such a vital life-saving technique like CPR. No wonder Nigeria has one of the lowest life expectancies in the world.

People can't be this dumb and ignorant, and their ignorance won't shorten their life.

Make person no ust get bad luck and find himself in this situation among Nigerians requiring the use of CPR. Na useless prayers in the name of Jesus Christ or Allah the mumu people go dey recite, instead of doing the needful (applying the needed medical technique).

Ok, this cracked me up real bad..lol

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 5:31am On Apr 11
Roland17:

Ok, this cracked me up real bad..lol
Dem talk say initially, he was taken to the river to appease the river gods to wake am before being carried to the mortuary.

If this is true, he come be like say many people in the country still dey live in the 15th century, while others in the West are in the 21st century. Lols

Perhaps they believe the drowning was an act of the gods. Lols.

Look at all the time wasted and no one even thought he needed a CPR? Such a pitiful situation for his wife and kids.

Government and bodies such as NGOs, citizens need to educate and orientate Nigerians about the importance of learning CPR and other medical techniques that are vital in case of emergencies like this.

Jesus Christ or God no dey save anyone. Even Yeshua couldn't save himself from being crucified in the past era.

On this planet, we only have ourselves, our family, good friends, and the government (if they're reliable). That's our support system: our fellow humans, not Jesus or any god.

No God helps or saves anyone.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 6:37am On Apr 11
Native English speakers have never heard the word inculcate before shocked,even Kate Abdo no fit explain am,Henry had to come to their rescue and we are the one mandated to write IELTS,something we all knew in pry school.....This English people go dey worship Patrick Obahiagbon

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsGolazo/status/1778176067540312240?t=45ABjHSUizttcgbimw5pKQ&s=19

See English players can't spell,Jodera comman carry your Rice.....Omoh,we Sabi English pass this Englishmen,our education system no really bad like that...

https://twitter.com/ogiribo_andrew/status/1778287165111152914?t=2_-7_X1stbtpmhK4voYKuQ&s=19

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Jodera: 7:23am On Apr 11
Amigoss:
Native English speakers have never heard the word inculcate before shocked,even Kate Abdo no fit explain am,Henry had to come to their rescue and we are the one mandated to write IELTS,something we all knew in pry school.....This English people go dey worship Patrick Obahiagbon

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsGolazo/status/1778176067540312240?t=45ABjHSUizttcgbimw5pKQ&s=19

See English players can't spell,Jodera comman carry your Rice.....Omoh,we Sabi English pass this Englishmen,our education system no really bad like that...

https://twitter.com/ogiribo_andrew/status/1778287165111152914?t=2_-7_X1stbtpmhK4voYKuQ&s=19

Lmaooo....
Na we deh kee ourselves pass people wey get am sef.

Imagine Carraragher say he's never heard of the word before.

Ordinary to spell pronunciation, rhythm etc deh hard dem yet na we go dey carry dictionary for head cheesy

This is funny sha cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (4554) (4555) (4556) (4557) (4558) (4559) (4560) ... (5381) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: swiz123(m), TrebleChamp(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.