Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,727 members, 7,882,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:19 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4880) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1634585 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4877) (4878) (4879) (4880) (4881) (4882) (4883) ... (4956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:25pm On Jun 25
GloriousGbola:

well there is a difference between

fk those sons of bitches and
kill those sons of bitches
jail those sons of bitches

That’s why it is a democracy .

We are talking about the effect of governance
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:27pm On Jun 25
grin

📌📌📌📌📌📌

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 2:36pm On Jun 25
embarassed

📌📌📌📌

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ouzo1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 25

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:41pm On Jun 25
BlueRayDick:

1.U mentioned multinationals were fleeing , the same thing is happening right before our eyes

2. U mentioned how unemployment is the order of the day under Abacha , the same is the case today.

3. U mentioned how people are trekking because and how people skip meals . It is happening everyday in Nigeria under Tinubu’s government .Everywhere u turn to u literally see people begging

4. While the people are not fleeing because of threat of gun under Tinubu, they are fleeing because of the hardship Tinubu government’s policy has unleashed on them.

5. The Naira keeps behaving like Abiku under Tinubu and companies keep suffering foreign exchange losses .

The fact that We even have to compare Tinubu’s administration with Abacha’s regime should tell u how terrible things are . This is like the first government since the beginning of this democratic dispensation that has brought back the bitter taste of those black days .

There is no point above that does not apply under every govt since 1999.

I gave you examples of Michelin and Dunlop among others who left during OBJ and Yar Adua. There are some brands you grew up with that are no longer in Nigeria today, they left sometime in the past even before Tinubu

There were friends of mine who we graduated together under OBJ regime who never got a job. I am sure there were under various regimes too, That was why Abba Moro under GEJ was able to pull the immigration employment scandal where many died.
And as we speak today, there are many graduates getting jobs, Companies all over are still having new hire orientation even in this Tinubu regime

People are trekking, were trekking and will still be trekking in years to come.

People are always fleeing Nigeria, while some people are still desiring to relocate to Nigeria,

Multinationals are leaving and multinationals are coming into the country as we speak.

You were the one who claimed things are worse now under Tinubu than under Abacha, yet you are saying we have to compare Tinubu to Abacha.

No this is not the first govt under democracy that all the listed things above are happening. All these things have always been I guess its getting to your time when you face responsibilities as an adult then you realize that our popsie wey dey sit outside were not just to collect breeze alone. Things were tough for them too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:56pm On Jun 25
10 killed, several injured by gunfire during tax protests outside Kenyan parliament
Earlier on Tuesday, Kenya’s parliament approved a contentious finance bill that aims to raise an additional $2.7 billion in taxes as part of an effort to lighten the heavy debt load, with interest payments alone consuming 37% of annual revenue

https://indianexpress.com/article/world/protesters-reportedly-shot-outside-kenyan-parliamnt-9414401/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:02pm On Jun 25
grin

📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 3:09pm On Jun 25
embarassed

📌📌📌📌📌

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:13pm On Jun 25
raumdeuter:

There is no point above that does not apply under every govt since 1999.

I gave you examples of Michelin and Dunlop among others who left during OBJ and Yar Adua. There are some brands you grew up with that are no longer in Nigeria today, they left sometime in the past even before Tinubu

There were friends of mine who we graduated together under OBJ regime who never got a job. I am sure there were under various regimes too, That was why Abba Moro under GEJ was able to pull the immigration employment scandal where many died.
And as we speak today, there are many graduates getting jobs, Companies all over are still having new hire orientation even in this Tinubu regime

People are trekking, were trekking and will still be trekking in years to come.

People are always fleeing Nigeria, while some people are still desiring to relocate to Nigeria,

Multinationals are leaving and multinationals are coming into the country as we speak.

You were the one who claimed things are worse now under Tinubu than under Abacha, yet you are saying we have to compare Tinubu to Abacha.

No this is not the first govt under democracy that all the listed things above are happening. All these things have always been I guess its getting to your time when you face responsibilities as an adult then you realize that our popsie wey dey sit outside were not just to collect breeze alone. Things were tough for them too

This is so laughable and so far away from the truth. U know nothing about when I’ve been facing responsibilities as an adult.

Funny thing is I even get more inflows now, but it won’t stop me from speaking truth about how things have gotten worse under this administration .

U can stay in the US and be claiming things has always been bad, but me that has lived through different times here and still here can tell u we’ve not had it this bad.

All economic indicators are pointing to the fact that Tinubu’s administration has been worse than the ones we referred to worst before now.

I just pity the people who are in Nigeria experiencing this hardship and will still swallow such line of thought that “things have always been bad, it is just that it is the first time we are facing responsibilities as adults “

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:24pm On Jun 25
cheesy

.....like una do dey cry of underdevelopment and hardship since 1999 even when we were the largest economy in Africa on paper. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:25pm On Jun 25
grin

.....meanwhile, latest update on Foreign Reserve. LOL!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 3:27pm On Jun 25
Theflint1:
E neva mid, but it's yet to pickup either, more like it's still riding on GOT's wave plus I didn't like how convenient it was for them to have the twins clash... I don't like how I'm feeling about today, lemme replace you at guard post[/i] next thing e jam e twin, fight to death
cheesy
You are confusing yourself. Mysaria was the one who told Erryk that his brother Arryk was on the island so suspecting what was going to happen rushed to check up on Rhaenyra and that's when the fight started. Arryk( the other twin sent from kingslanding) was the one disguising as his brother and told the guard standing watch over Rhaenyra room to leave so he could enter. That scene is the best part of episode 2.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:37pm On Jun 25
BlueRayDick:
This is so laughable and so far away from the truth. U know nothing about when I’ve been facing responsibilities as an adult.

Funny thing is I even get more inflows now, but it won’t stop me from speaking truth about how things have gotten worse under this administration .

U can stay in the US and be claiming things has always been bad, but me that has lived through different times here and still here can tell u we’ve not had it this bad.

All economic indicators are pointing to the fact that Tinubu’s administration has been worse than the ones we referred to worst before now.

I just pity the people who are in Nigeria experiencing this hardship and will still swallow such line of thought that “things have always been bad, it is just that it is the first time we are facing responsibilities as adults “

Were you paying bills under Abacha and OBJ? Those times its just to find food at home and have your school fees paid. you didnt know the pains the person providing was going through until you get close to adulthood. Same for most people here. Because most of our parents shielded us and didnt throw us into the street to face these hard times

In the Abacha times that was when people due to hardship started getting creative and started eating Soybeans cheese(Wara Soya), Zobo, Kunu, stone rice. Things we never ate in the 80s

You are doing well, I am sure you didn't graduate under Tinubu. Check your mates you graduated with, how many of them got jobs under whatever govt was ruling then. In your company do you still hire or you don't?
Its the same story from regime to regime, there are many unemployed and some of them will get jobs

I remember Virgin Richard Branson left Nigeria left it wasnt under Tinubu, Econet Etisalat also left Nigeria before Tinubu, See the attached below and note the date. That was over a decade before Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 3:39pm On Jun 25
DeadPresidents:

So in a fictional universe, black people do not exist and they don’t mix with whites?

Interesting.

You have to realise that this is fiction. If you can believe in fire-breathing dragons and Ice horses, but then taking exception to having black and white characters in the plot, then your Ruckusry is off da charts grin
One would think he was talking about actual history that got changed and not a fictional movie with dragons, ice king, incest etc. Its a welcome addition that they reformed the story line a little to include more black people. It's amusing seeing a black person complain about too much black characters in a fictional movie cheesy

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 3:51pm On Jun 25
Bombblacks:

One would think he was talking about actual history that got changed and not a fictional movie with dragons, ice king, incest etc. Its a welcome addition that they reformed the story line a little to include more black people. It's amusing seeing a black person complain about too much black characters in a fictional movie cheesy

What i find interesting is that people only complain about inaccuracy within the racial mix when it is a non-white cast.

You go watch Charles Heston play Moses without complaint. You go watch movies like Gods of Egypt with all "Egyptian" gods as white folk and nobody go talk grin

They know what they are doing. I can’t say the same for us
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:54pm On Jun 25
raumdeuter:

Were you paying bills under Abacha and OBJ? Those times its just to find food at home and have your school fees paid. you didnt know the pains the person providing was going through until you get close to adulthood. Same for most people here. Because most of our parents shielded us and didnt throw us into the street to face these hard times

In the Abacha times that was when people due to hardship started getting creative and started eating Soybeans cheese(Wara Soya), Zobo, Kunu, stone rice. Things we never ate in the 80s

You are doing well, I am sure you didn't graduate under Tinubu. Check your mates you graduated with, how many of them got jobs under whatever govt was ruling then. In your company do you still hire or you don't?
Its the same story from regime to regime, there are many unemployed and some of them will get jobs

I remember Virgin Richard Branson left Nigeria left it wasnt under Tinubu, Econet Etisalat also left Nigeria before Tinubu, See the attached below and note the date. That was over a decade before Tinubu

This is just moot points from beginning to the end .

Are u afraid to discuss unemployment rate under OBJ vs under Tinubu ?

Are u afraid to discuss economic indicators that are measurable under the respective governments?

All these talk about “ there has always been unemployment in Nigeria “, “ Multinationals have always been leaving Nigeria “ , etc .are moot points without substance ; they are the kind of arguments that appeals to the mind of gullible people that want to be deceived by politicians that are doing zilch to make their lives better .

It is even an abomination mentioning OBJ and Tinubu in the same sentence when talking about presidency in this country 🤮

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 3:57pm On Jun 25
DeadPresidents:

What i find interesting is that people only complain about inaccuracy within the racial mix when it is a non-white cast.

You go watch Charles Heston play Moses without complaint. You go watch movies like Gods of Egypt with all "Egyptian" gods as white folk and nobody go talk grin

They know what they are doing. I can’t say the same for us
There was also similar outrage when Hailey Bailey was casted as "little mermaid ". Like bro it's a freaking fictional mermaid with a talking crab and octopus grin. They can be depicted as black, white, green ,yellow and even pink. What the hell are you complaining about. The outrage is only when the character is black and even our fellow blacks will jump on the bandwagon.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:06pm On Jun 25
BlueRayDick:

This is just moot points from beginning to the end .

Are u afraid to discuss unemployment rate under OBJ vs under Tinubu ?

Are u afraid to discuss economic indicators that are measurable under the respective governments?

All these talk about “ there has always been unemployment in Nigeria “, “ Multinationals have always been leaving Nigeria “ , etc .are moot points without substance ; they are the kind of arguments that appeals to the mind of gullible people that want to be deceived by politicians that are doing zilch to make their lives better .

It is even an abomination mentioning OBJ and Tinubu in the same sentence when talking about presidency in this country 🤮

Surely things looked better under OBJ because we came straight from military. All the foreign companies who fled Nigeria under military and due to bans all came back immediately we came into Democracy which benefitted OBJ
Its like turning water on a land that has been parched due to drought for 7yrs and suddenly you open a stream of water that was denied to it

Its the same thing when your employer denies you salary for a year and next year suddenly release all the backlogs. A man that whose 100k per month salary backlog of 1yr is released suddenly finds himself swimming in 1.2m
Our backlogs and deprived entitlements of the military regime came under OBJ.

When talking about presidency in this country, Under OBJ these were the number of ASUU strikes and their durations
1 1999 5 months
2 2001 3 months
3 2002 2 weeks
4 2003 6 months
5 2005 2 weeks
6 2006 3 days
7 2007 3 months

Like I said I graduated when OBJ was president and many of my colleagues never got jobs under the same OBJ

Why are you running away from addressing the 800 companies that shut down at this time below which according to you we have never seen anything like it before?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:10pm On Jun 25
raumdeuter:

Surely things looked better under OBJ because we came straight from military. All the foreign companies who fled Nigeria under military and due to bans all came back immediately we came into Democracy which benefitted OBJ
Its like turning water on a land that has been parched due to drought for 7yrs and suddenly you open a stream of water that was denied to it

Its the same thing when your employer denies you salary for a year and next year suddenly release all the backlogs. Our backlogs and deprived entitlements of the military regime came under OBJ.

When talking about presidency in this country, Under OBJ these were the number of ASUU strikes and their durations
1 1999 5 months
2 2001 3 months
3 2002 2 weeks
4 2003 6 months
5 2005 2 weeks
6 2006 3 days
7 2007 3 months

Like I said I graduated when OBJ was president and many of my colleagues never got jobs under the same OBJ

Why are you running away from addressing the 800 companies that left Nigeria at this time below

grin

I like the fact that u would not want to discuss economic indicators ; it only means one thing - There’s nothing to write home about as far as Tinubu’s administration is concerned .

Shalom !

Below is what half year of Buhari + Half year of Tinubu equals to

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:14pm On Jun 25
BlueRayDick:
grin
I like the fact that u would not want to discuss economic indicators ; it only means one thing - There’s nothing to write home about as far as Tinubu’s administration is concerned .
Shalom !

I like how you started from the claim that Abacha was better and left that and now to OBJ. What happened to the Abacha debates you started with?

The OBJ years surely looked better because we had just be released from military rule, anything and everything will always look better if you are coming from the slavery and hardship of Abacha. The same way a newly released prisoner feels better just after his release compare to a man who has enjoyed freedom for 20yrs steady

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 4:15pm On Jun 25
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:19pm On Jun 25
DeadPresidents:

So in a fictional universe, black people do not exist and they don’t mix with whites?

Interesting.

You have to realise that this is fiction. If you can believe in fire-breathing dragons and Ice horses, but then taking exception to having black and white characters in the plot, then your Ruckusry is off da charts grin
Blacks were in GOT, so it's not about having or not having blacks, it's more about the story keeping with the source material and general logic you'd expect from stories set in certain time periods. It's sort of like watching a Nigerian movie that's supposed to depict life in say early 90's and you're seeing that it's normalized for whites to be in the royal family. Like even if you want to go that route, you can't be having black/white mixing in royalty while general population is like 99% white...na fiction, but same time e no gats dey ridiculous or logically inconsistent.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 4:21pm On Jun 25
Bombblacks:

There was also similar outrage when Hailey Bailey was casted as "little mermaid ". Like bro it's a freaking fictional mermaid with a talking crab and octopus grin. They can be depicted as black, white, green ,yellow and even pink. What the hell are you complaining about. The outrage is only when the character is black and even our fellow blacks will jump on the bandwagon.

When I know say these alt-right people don mad finish na when I see say them criticise The Boys producer Eric Kripke for introducing a new character called Sister Sage.

What was their complaint? It was that the new character had a superpower; She was the smartest person on Earth. She was also a black female. Basically, they felt it was impossible for a black female to be the smartest person on Earth in a fictional realm when every smart person knows intelligence is not bound by fickle criteria like race and sex.

As i said, they know what they are doing. We don’t grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:23pm On Jun 25
Bombblacks:

You are confusing yourself. Mysaria was the one who told Erryk that his brother Arryk was on the island so suspecting what was going to happen rushed to check up on Rhaenyra and that's when the fight started. Arryk( the other twin sent from kingslanding) was the one disguising as his brother and told the guard standing watch over Rhaenyra room to leave so he could enter. That scene is the best part of episode 2.
Ohhh...I get now, I bin actually miss some portions while watching, the scene was okay then.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:26pm On Jun 25
raumdeuter:

I like how you started from the claim that Abacha was better and left that and now to OBJ. What happened to the Abacha debates you started with?

The OBJ years surely looked better because we had just be released from military rule, anything and everything will always look better if you are coming from the slavery and hardship of Abacha. The same way a newly released prisoner feels better just after his release compare to a man who has enjoyed freedom for 20yrs steady

You think I’m one of those people u get into merry-go-round argument with that u will lead away from the initial discussion to a totally different discussion that I have no interest in ?

I said life is harder under Abacha than it is today and I showed u evidences that buttressed the point . All the things u mentioned about hardship under Abacha we have confirmed them to be happening today bar ASUU strike and state sponsored assassination/gagging of press . (I guess insecurity has replaced that ) . Car owners can’t even afford to fuel cars o.

U jumped to OBJ and after being unable to show any workings that Tinubu can ever step into the shoes of OBJ , u want me to do another round of back and forth so u can be doing whataboutism ?

It can never be me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:32pm On Jun 25
raumdeuter:

The problem wasnt even the actors per se, the storyline is mid. Everytime you watch and hope it will pick up now but na Gba series. Its living on the reputation of GOT

This is not early signs we are in Season 2 that it took them 2yrs to prepare for
Make we dey see sha, but so far the show mid...dialogues no dey slap and characters not as smart as in GOT.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:35pm On Jun 25
The Kenyan protesters don scatter their senate house o
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 4:40pm On Jun 25
BlueRayDick:
The Kenyan protesters don scatter their senate house o
how many lives lost so far?

Is it worth it?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:43pm On Jun 25
grin

......Ruto and his wife were in the white house living best of his life with POTUS and his family. He signed many MOUs, including Non-NATO Ally with the US.

Dem dem on Twitter used it to mock, downgrade, cuss Nigeria as usual, like its all rosy in Kenya, same way dem dem are praising Uganda over Nigeria on this board too. LOL!

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:44pm On Jun 25
BlueRayDick:

You think I’m one of those people u get into merry-go-round argument with that u will lead away from the initial discussion to a totally different discussion that I have no interest in ?

I said life is harder under Abacha than it is today and I showed u evidences that buttressed the point . All the things u mentioned about hardship under Abacha we have confirmed them to be happening today bar ASUU strike and state sponsored assassination/gagging of press . (I guess insecurity has replaced that ) . Car owners can’t even afford to fuel cars o.

U jumped to OBJ and after being unable to show any workings that Tinubu can ever step into the shoes of OBJ , u want me to do another round of back and forth so u can be doing whataboutism ?

It can never be me.

All those things hard under this Tinubu were they in existence under other Democratic leaders from OBj to YarAdua to GEJ to Buhari

Even under OBJ we had ASUU strikes, we had state sponsored assassination's and we had fuel scarcity and fuel queues, Despite OBJ benefitting from being the govt that succeeded the military prison

There is nothing that is happening now, that never happened in prior govt some to even a worse degree

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:44pm On Jun 25
seankafor:

Is it worth it?

I read that about 10 people are dead already .

I am not in their country and don’t know what the people are feeling that would make them go to that extent .

It is the outcome of the protest that will determine whether the protests are worth it or not.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:46pm On Jun 25
seankafor:

Is it worth it?

Harsh economic policies lead to loss of lives amongst other things, so do we want 10 people losing their lives directly fighting said economic policies, or the protesters sitting safe while thousands indirectly lose their lives as a result of these harsh economic policies?

People that have the guts to take up causes the general population don't have the guts to take up shouldn't be discouraged, especially when it's not like they alone would reap the benefits.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (4877) (4878) (4879) (4880) (4881) (4882) (4883) ... (4956) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.