Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,303 members, 7,894,275 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 07:15 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5004) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1675880 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5001) (5002) (5003) (5004) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:24am
Roland17:

I am definitely watching it. I saw the preview yesterday and was impressed. From the preview, it looks like the movie was shot at Ibrahim Chatta's new film village.

I just hope they don't exhaust these sort of story lines because we saw Femi Adebayo's Jagun Jagun, Odunlade's Orisha and now House of Ga'a.

Stories plenty to tell. I'm glad Nollywood is getting better at cinematography and all, just need to continue working on the script and storytelling.

Netflix and Prime has changed the game for the industry.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:40am
BlueRayDick:

The bold is untrue .

Dangote is simply fighting a trade war with the importers /depot owners and he’s using the pity method to win people like you to his side .

Read the link below and see the letter written by the depot owners association begging Tinubu not to concede to granting Dangote full monopoly on the Diesel market.

Dangote’s diesel is alleged to have sulphuric content above 700/ppm which is above what the agency recommends , yet he doesn’t want the marketers to source for diesel elsewhere aside his refinery .

https://www.arise.tv/petroleum-depot-owners-urge-tinubu-to-sustain-deregulation-prevent-dangote-refinery-monopoly/

I have attached screenshot of premium times news of match 2021 when major marketers had been opposing Dangote’s call for monopoly . U see say no be today! Dangote simply constructed the refinery hoping he will enjoy monopoly like he did in some of his previous businesses .

Abi did Dangote talk about FG’s 7.2% stake in 2021 too ?

From all indications, it appears Dangote assumed whoever took over from Buhari and Emefiele would sign off on granting him the monopoly he had been mouthing since way back, but alas he has been disappointed .U really need to snap out of that thought that anybody is witch hunting him for that 7.2% / 20% stake issue

Since his Diesel contains 700 kinikan than imported ones, why not sanction him or shut him down?

That should be common sense, yeah. The same diesel wey Dangote dey export to abroad, abi?

When Dangote started, i feared he would want a monopoly, but what that agency said is shameful.

The market is still open sef. How come nobody is selling cheaper even though they can import? Has anybody stopped anybody from importing?

Tomorrow, you can be a businessman and one man that got to DG through padipadi will just come out and condemn your business. There's nothing to support there.

If Dangote's product is inferior, shut it down. Is that not the work of the agency again?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:08am
izzou:

Since his Diesel contains 700 kinikan than imported ones, why not sanction him or shut him down?

That should be common sense, yeah. The same diesel wey Dangote dey export to abroad, abi?

When Dangote started, i feared he would want a monopoly, but what that agency said is shameful.

The market is still open sef. How come nobody is selling cheaper even though they can import? Has anybody stopped anybody from importing?

Tomorrow, you can be a businessman and one man that got to DG through padipadi will just come out and condemn your business. There's nothing to support there.

If Dangote's product is inferior, shut it down. Is that not the work of the agency again?

First u need to understand that the diesel being inferior doesn’t mean it is totally unfit for use .

I think Gloriousgbola can explain this better for u.

Low-sulphur diesel is cleaner for the environment , while high-sulphur diesel is the exact opposite. High-sulphur diesel causes progressive damage to an engine .

The agency had mandated the major importers to stop importing high-sulphur diesel since last year. But somehow Dangote wants to be allowed to flood the market with high-sulphur diesel and also be the only source of diesel in the country .

If u read the screenshot in my post , u will see where the agency actually allowed Dangote to still be selling his high-sulphur diesel for the main time so he can at least recoup some of his capital investment.

The high sulphur diesel is usable , just that it is used for off road purposes . That’s why Dangote can still ship abroad and get people to buy. Even though most western countries are moving away from its usage .

I remember when the high-sulphur diesel matter was brought up, Dangote promised low sulphur diesel will be ready by Q2/Q3 2024. That should show u that he knows he’s not yet there
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:09am
BlueRayDick:
izzou here is further evidence that Dangote is simply fighting a war for a right to monopoly ; and clearly he’s losing .

As far back as April 2024 , the same agency he’s fighting now allowed him to sell the same product of inferior quality just for him to be able to recoup some of the money he invested in the venture . Even when importers were compelled to import higher quality of product which placed them at a disadvantage financially .

Npmdra are capping imho

The diesel sold in Nigeria has always been low quality. And rejected in the EU. They are the ones who let in that bad petrol and no one was sacked or sanctioned. So I will take any of their stories about low quality fuel with a pinch of salt.

The real issue is that nnpc or npdrma or the fking civil servants are not actually for us to refine fuel. Nigeria has sweet crude. Our crude is very high quality. If they had supplied Nigerian crude to dangote this issue would not have arisen.

If they don't have crude to sell to dangote, do they have crude to sell to pH refinery or any other refinery that comes up? Do they actually have any plan for this? This may be why they are suddenly spamming us with tales by moonlight of sabotage of pH refinery. They are content to let all the money spent on the refinery to waste without any result.

It's actually no wonder dangote did not hire anyone from nnpc refinery but chose inexperienced genz engineers (there is an article on that). At their core, they have the same as those who worked in ajaokuta, get a salary without generating any value whatsoever.

These clowns are responsible for the status quo and have no plans to change it. So if any other refineries come up, they too would have to import oil using forex and we are back to square one. If course they would look for the cheapest oil they can import which would be oil with sulfur.

Tinubu needs to do more and purge these vibes and inshallah civil servants who do nothing and do not mean well for this country. Of course we will then see more meetings of northern politicians.

This is becoming imho a fight for a sustainable way of doing things and retaining the old order

(1) (2) (3) ... (5001) (5002) (5003) (5004) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590, iamoyindamola(m), GloriousGbola, BlueRayDick and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.