Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,781 members, 7,935,307 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 06:44 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5033) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1813003 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5030) (5031) (5032) (5033) (5034) (5035) (5036) ... (5210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:15pm On Jul 25
LordAdam16:

Text in bold is not a good thing.
Having a permanent power in the shadows that actually run things while the folks who are elected become mere ineffectual figureheads is completely antithetical to democratic tenets.

Lincoln defined democracy as a "government of the people, by the people, and for the people".
I don't see civil servants mentioned. The minute the direction of a democracy or republic cannot be steered "by the people", it ceases to be legitimate and a major reset is required.
This ability of civil servants and unelected bureaucrats and mandarins to dictate the fate of the Western hemisphere is the primary reason why people are disillusioned about the system.
You are a fan of it because you found your place in this system. For the disaffected, those who have fallen behind, and those who are not as privileged, a system that cannot be overhauled or changed through the ballot because apparently voting is meaningless, is a nightmare.

And somehow you're surprised that they're turning to the guy who wants to crash such a system.

-Lord

The bold is a good thing

Countries are like trailers, they don't turn on the whim of a man. They have policies, stakeholders, , citizens, allies and interest groups with expectations of consistency

For example, Obama didn't like George Bush war in Iraq but he didn't withdraw for a long time until it was safe to do so.

You don't just come in and fill the civil service with your lackeys who will bend to your will and codify your lies, especially when you are known for lying per minute. Democracy is about two people coming to play ball but the civil service is the referee that will not allow mago mago to go down. Some of us don't care or as not as invested as you think, we just want to do the right thing, and if you want to introduce mago mago, we will fight against it. Imagine those secretary of state that Trump was calling to find him 14,000 more votes. This time he will install people that will do that for him.

People are not turning their back on anything, Trump just has a formula to drag emotionally unstable people into his net. His modus operandi is to find people who hate Muslims, women, gays. Blacks, trans etc and work on each person individually on their prejudice until that prejudice drives their voting decision. Republicans have mastered social media game. Majority of Americans will vote against Trump again, at best you will say electoral college will favour him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 11:15pm On Jul 25
A very useless security agencies we have...

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 11:28pm On Jul 25
Ibime:

You haven't realised anything the last 4 years. You've been suckered in to the thing you called out, maybe by an unrelated issue you had with a woman. That's the maga calling card, which is to find one group of people each person dislikes and prey on it. Rishi Sunak lost election and Keir Starmer replaced him the next day without handover. Why, because civil servants run Government. That's what has always obtained, not someone trying to crash the system and kill it once and for all. That's the beauty of centrism, a sick or absent leader is better than an anti-democrat. At your age you should know how the thing go, not ranting upandan about Trump being impeded or being hit with charges (someone who should have been taken out of public life after Jan 6th, or resigned willingly if he had any shame) or even insinuating that a 20 year old disabled rookie will be sent to kill him, which is where I knew you have lost it completely, as if there are not better men for the job.

For your information, the red line of democracy lies in the supreme court. Anyone that crosses that line done shït for church. Even in the jungle, Atiku and Obi have not crossed that line, but your guy crossed that line even after Supreme court ruling on Jan 6th. That singularly disqualifies him from participating in democratic process going forward. These are principle tenets of democracy. In politics when you move from the centre to the extreme, a process of radicalisation must have taken place. So I will answer you in your own words.
Wetin dey worry you and this woman business? Free this woman matter. They come and go bro. It's not that serious

You sound like one of those weirdos that was harassing Kevin Durant the other day all cos he said a woman never really yours it's just your turn. Like say e dey lie

He tried to crash the system or questioned the legitimacy? Do you have amnesia or have you forgotten Russian collusion and how the Dems spent most of Trump's tenure questioning the legitimacy of Trump's win as well. If you must talk at least stay consistent instead of pushing agendas from both sides of your ass

Did you ask yourself how a lone gunman with a rifle was able to get in close proximity to the event? How Trump requested for more security and never got it. How people and eyewitnesses brought the attention to the shooter on the roof and was ignored? Trump being alive is only by divine providence not ability or lack thereof of the shooter so I don't know what you're waffling about. Too much Hollywood movies have taught you that snipers don't miss

Go disqualify am nau.

Like I said. You're free to come up with any language you like. I think you know me well enough to know that I don't back down on whatever I believe in. When I watch all the characters on TV like the View who would invite Trump to their show and giggle and fawn over him like school girls suddenly turn him to a Hitler, a despot and suggest he's a threat to a democratic government that he doesn't even have the power to supplant I can see bullshit for what it is

15 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:34pm On Jul 25
A40:

Did you ask yourself how a lone gunman with a rifle was able to get in close proximity to the event? How Trump requested for more security and never got it. How people and eyewitnesses brought the attention to the shooter on the roof and was ignored? Trump being alive is only by divine providence not ability or lack thereof of the shooter so I don't know what you're waffling about. Too much Hollywood movies have taught you that snipers don't miss

No I don't need to ask myself stüpid questions. The people that saw sniper on the roof should identify which agent they informed. It's not by shouting "man on roof, man on roof" and filming it instead of alerting the actual agents.

Anyone can be shot bro, you don't need to start imagining. And that's word to Shinzo Abe (RIP)

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 11:40pm On Jul 25
Ibime:

No I don't need to ask myself stüpid questions. The people that saw sniper on the roof should identify which agent they informed. It's not by shouting "man on roof, man on roof" and filming it instead of alerting the actual agents. Maybe the people they alerted are even venue security which is Trump campaign responsibility.

Anyone can be shot bro, you don't need to start imagining. And that's word to Shinzo Abe (RIP)

A more intelligent question you should be asking is why and how the man was able to get there in the first place. How did an elevated place around where the ex President was speaking just so happened to be unmanned

Ask yourself why the SS did not supply Trump with more personnel as previously requested

Think and stop sounding like leftist sheep that initially thought the attack was staged. I'm sure you're one of those that thought this. Don't lie

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:53pm On Jul 25
A40:

A more intelligent question you should be asking is why and how the man was able to get there in the first place. How did an elevated place around where the ex President was speaking just so happened to be unmanned

Ask yourself why the SS did not supply Trump with more personnel as previously requested

Think and stop sounding like leftist sheep that initially thought the attack was staged. I'm sure you're one of those that thought this. Don't lie

You've already started typing nonsense and using their language like "leftist sheep"

Since when did a centrist that supported Conservative Government in UK for the last 14 years become a leftist sheep. You can only see things from how far gone you are off the scale. Of course someone in the centre is a leftist to someone about to fall off the far right scale.

No I didn't think it was a set up, I took it for what it was a failed assassination attempt. And unlike you, I did my research which told me Secret service only secure inside the perimeter of events while local Police force secure outside the perimeter and this shot came from outside, so your secret service narrative you've been swallowing from your conspiracy nutjob information sources is dead on arrival.

Secondly if someone wants you dead, it's not by probabilities that your security may lapse, they will send an able man to do the job.

Niggas get shot everyday B, and that's word to Ronald Reagan

Man, I can't believe my nigga A40 is now a full blown nutjob. RIP to the old A40

A40:
Arguing or trying to rationalize and reason with a Trumpanzee at this point is a criminal waste of time. I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt that there is not a single one sane among them or a capable of any rational thought when it comes to Trump.

You can see what this dangbana typed below. They have all gone off the deep end at this point and if you ever wondered how Hitler grew so powerful, these people have given you a peek or a blast from the past

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 11:54pm On Jul 25
Ibime:

The bold is a good thing

Countries are like trailers, they don't turn on the whim of a man. They have policies, stakeholders, , citizens, allies and interest groups with expectations of consistency

For example, Obama didn't like George Bush war in Iraq but he didn't withdraw for a long time until it was safe to do so.

You don't just come in and fill the civil service with your lackeys who will bend to your will and codify your lies, especially when you are known for lying per minute. Democracy is about two people coming to play ball but the civil service is the referee that will not allow mago mago to go down. Some of us don't care or as not as invested as you think, we just want to do the right thing, and if you want to introduce mago mago, we will fight against it. Imagine those secretary of state that Trump was calling to find him 14,000 more votes. This time he will install people that will do that for him.

People are not turning their back on anything, Trump just has a formula to drag emotionally unstable people into his net. His modus operandi is to find people who hate Muslims, women, gays. Blacks, trans etc and work on each person individually on their prejudice until that prejudice drives their voting decision. Republicans have mastered social media game. Majority of Americans will vote against Trump again, at best you will say electoral college will favour him.

https://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Pennsylvania-Elected-Changed-America/dp/0316515736
Read this book.

You act like any of this is new.
Systems thrive when most participants excel.
Folks who are falling behind in a system would turn to whomever promises to right the ship or correct its course.

On the right, that is a populist like Trump who wants to deport every illegal immigrant.
On the left, it'll be a progressive like Bernie who wants to confiscate the wealth of anyone who earns more than 400K.

This is not the first time this is happening.
When King George raised taxes to unsustainable levels, the American colonies stumbled on the bright idea "no taxation without representation". That laid the foundation for the United States and the modern form of democracy you champion.
And we're near the same levels where the government levy taxes, the unelected bureaucrats do whatever they want like the Monarchy, and there's no way for the hoi polloi to force a change in direction.
You don't have to be a genius to realize this is unsustainable and that Trump's populism is a natural reaction to this rehashed set of circumstances.

You want people who have been coal or factory workers for years and have lost their jobs to outsourcing to just accept it.
Border communities should just accept millions of illegal immigrants streaming across the border when inflation is raging, there is a housing crisis, and infrastructure is failing.
Espousing that no one, literally no one has a legitimate reason to sign up for Trump's populism is the kind of haughty elitism that drives even more dislike for the privileged, coastal professionals and their "civil servant" enablers.
You are essentially waving a huge banner that says, "I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR COST OF LIVING CRISIS OR YOUR LOST JOBS" Accept your condition or be labeled a racist, fascist, sexist, Islamophobe, deplorable.
That is not a winning argument. But winning hearts and minds doesn't matter anyway because you've got the unelected bureaucrats who would do whatever they like.
It is just clear, unfiltered, transparent classist disdain. The vast majority of minorities and immigrants adopt this position. And then you all wonder why natives detest your guts and want to shut the doors. Like you can't connect the dots.

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ijebosb: 12:13am On Jul 26
A40:

The day the attempt was made secret service had already ramped up his detail because of another threat.
The story of him asking for more protection and not getting it is false.

Exclusive: Secret Service ramped up security after intel of Iran plot to assassinate Trump; no known connection to shooting
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/16/politics/iran-plot-assassinate-trump-secret-service/index.html

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:23am On Jul 26
LordAdam16:

https://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Pennsylvania-Elected-Changed-America/dp/0316515736
Read this book.

Folks who are falling behind in a system would turn to whomever promises to right the ship or correct its course.

On the right, that is a populist like Trump who wants to deport every illegal immigrant.
On the left, it'll be a progressive like Bernie who wants to confiscate the wealth of anyone who earns more than 400K.

When King George raised taxes to unsustainable levels, the American colonies stumbled on the bright idea "no taxation without representation". That laid the foundation for the United States and the modern form of democracy you champion.
And we're near the same levels where the government levy taxes, the unelected bureaucrats do whatever they want like the Monarchy, and there's no way for the hoi polloi to force a change in direction.
You don't have to be a genius to realize this is unsustainable and that Trump's populism is a natural reaction to this rehashed set of circumstances.

You want people who have been coal or factory workers for years and have lost their jobs to outsourcing to just accept it.
Border communities should just accept millions of illegal immigrants streaming across the border when inflation is raging, there is a housing crisis, and infrastructure is failing.
Espousing that no one, literally no one has a legitimate reason to sign up for Trump's populism is the kind of haughty elitism that drives even more dislike for the privileged, coastal professionals and their "civil servant" enablers.
You are essentially waving a huge banner that says, "I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR COST OF LIVING CRISIS OR YOUR LOST JOBS" Accept your condition or be labeled a racist, fascist, sexist, Islamophobe, deplorable.
That is not a winning argument. But winning hearts and minds doesn't matter anyway because you've got the unelected bureaucrats who would do whatever they like.
It is just clear, unfiltered, transparent classist disdain. The vast majority of minorities and immigrants adopt this position. And then you all wonder why natives detest your guts and want to shut the doors. Like you can't connect the dots.

-Lord

I don't need to call anyone anything. Trump came in with attack on Muslims, shifted to blacks, then LGBTQ. then Chinese. His sons are constantly posting videos on Twitter of black people robbing and raping citizens, to what end? If it quacks like a duck, it is a duck.

There are ways of going about things. Obama carried out by far the highest level of deportations from USA, he didn't do it by demonising immigrants or calling them rapists like Trump. Below are deportation stats (1st pic), observe 2008 to 2015, Obama did everything Trump promised but couldn't do as regards deportations, and its not by shouting and demonising minorities but working within the system.

The world is changing, nature of jobs are changing. You can't expect to be coal mining or doing redundant jobs in this day and age, other jobs dey and opportunities for progress are the highest they've ever been, but it's based on skills. All this lamba is story, all that Trump has done is utilise social media well to speak to people's individual prejudices but as far as doing what you are saying, na lamba.

2nd pic shows what his agenda is. You remember the 2018 tax cuts, which cut corporation tax from 35% to 21%? That's a 40% drop in what the ELITE pay as tax, not Joe the Plumber. My company used the opportunity to send £400m home to Yankee to take advantage of it. When you guys talk about budget deficit and thereby lack of Government money to help the common man, we can pinpoint it directly to the 2018 tax cuts. Check the 2nd graph of US Government tax income and tell me who it favours. These are what educated people study in politics, while some are ranting about Women, Muslims, Chinese and LGBTQ based on Twitter feed.

No country has ever profited from a sudden lurch to the right or the left and gutting of it's civil society whether Germany, Soviet Union, Mussolinis Italy, Venezuela or countless others, all this talk na lamba.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ijebosb: 12:24am On Jul 26
LordAdam16:

Read this book.

-Lord

Post like this. geez.
It's as if you're speaking about some made up country. It's a total lack of understanding of the US.

1.) Do you even know what the top tax rate looked like historically?
2.) Who are these unelected bureaucrats that can do whatever they want

Wow

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:36am On Jul 26
Looks like Trump is targeting $50 as price of oil... Nigeria should brace for impact, it might yet be tougher.

https://x.com/aussiecossack/status/1816515142563295377?t=paLKSKDfaR0Mc3k3z4NGwA&s=19

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:29am On Jul 26
Ibime:

I don't need to call anyone anything. Trump came in with attack on Muslims, shifted to blacks, then LGBTQ. then Chinese. His sons are constantly posting videos on Twitter of black people robbing and raping citizens, to what end? If it quacks like a duck, it is a duck.

There are ways of going about things. Obama carried out by far the highest level of deportations from USA, he didn't do it by demonising immigrants or calling them rapists like Trump. Below are deportation stats (1st pic), observe 2008 to 2015, Obama did everything Trump promised but couldn't do as regards deportations, and its not by shouting and demonising minorities but working within the system.

The world is changing, nature of jobs are changing. You can't expect to be coal mining or doing redundant jobs in this day and age, other jobs dey and opportunities for progress are the highest they've ever been, but it's based on skills. All this lamba is story, all that Trump has done is utilise social media well to speak to people's individual prejudices but as far as doing what you are saying, na lamba.

2nd pic shows what his agenda is. You remember the 2018 tax cuts, which cut corporation tax from 35% to 21%? That's a 40% drop in what the ELITE pay as tax, not Joe the Plumber. My company used the opportunity to send £400m home to Yankee to take advantage of it. When you guys talk about budget deficit and thereby lack of Government money to help the common man, we can pinpoint it directly to the 2018 tax cuts. Check the 2nd graph of US Government tax income and tell me who it favours. These are what educated people study in politics, while some are ranting about Women, Muslims, Chinese and LGBTQ based on Twitter feed.

No country has ever profited from a sudden lurch to the right or the left and gutting of it's civil society whether Germany, Soviet Union, Mussolinis Italy, Venezuela or countless others, all this talk na lamba.

Brits have actual conservatives. America just has posturing noisemakers. We all live through the trump presidency watching an African style govt where trunp gave his children roles they had no competence for, ran the white house like an apprentice show, flooded the zone with shit. It is hard to remember now because there was a scandal every day. Trumps popularity is because of whites afraid of the US becoming like the UK. Democracy is a game of numbers and there are no longer enough white votes.

We watched trump attempt a coup. He attempted to subvert and steal an election. And yet some claim he is being victimized. The republican party has become a cult where the leader can do no wrong.

We watched trump completely and utterly fk up the covid response by politicizing it. Republicans refused to wear masks and refused to take a vaccine. Doctor fauci was villanized. Trump was on TV telling people to inject bleach. It should have been the moment he won the election. A crisis is a time when you show minimal competence and you ride the wave. Multiple politicians had their ratings soar by simply standing aside and letting the experts do the right thing. But trump decided to turn covid into another clown show.

The man was going to turn the US into your regular third world country with no functioning civil service and Everyone shouting deep state. His followers support because in the end they only want a democracy where they run things,the rights of others who are not white or straight or Christian be damned.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:57am On Jul 26

Ibime 1has said in the past that muritala muhammad is the true architect of Nigerias downfall because he gutted the civil service. People were summarily sacked with no warning.

Those who came after them were afraid it could happen to them and this began the entrenched culture of civil servants stealing and putting themselves over Nigeria, which persists to this day. Today few people in govt will do what is right for Nigeria, but what will favor their pocket, and this is the point of origin of this.

This is what trump supporters are cheering a reversion to a third world style govt where the civil service hinges on loyalty to the leader rather than to the country
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:58am On Jul 26
GloriousGbola:

Ibime 1has said in the past that muritala muhammad is the true architect of Nigerias downfall because he gutted the civil service. People were summarily sacked with no warning.

Those who came after them were afraid it could happen to them and this began the entrenched culture of civil servants stealing and putting themselves over Nigeria, which persists to this day. Today few people in govt will do what is right for Nigeria, but what will favor their pocket, and this is the point of origin of this.

This is what trump supporters are cheering a reversion to a third world style govt where the civil service hinges on loyalty to the leader rather than to the country

Gowon is more an architect of Nigeria's downfall than Murtala Mohammed.

The culture of civil servants stealing the country blind was entrenched during Gowon's 9-year rule. There were bloated parastatals and the culture of government spending just for spending's sake aka white elephant projects was institutionalized during his regime.

That was also the peak of the oil boom when Nigeria could have made giant steps to join the industrialized world. Instead, the money was pilfered by politicians, civil servants, and their cronies. Murtala while trying to correct the rampant malfeasance in the system, might have made his own mistakes, but he did far less damage in those 6-7 months than Gowon.

Nigeria's problems have a myriad of root causes, but if one single man was to shoulder the blame for Nigeria's demise at the gates of hell, it would be Yakubu Gowon.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:04am On Jul 26
afrodoc2:

Gowon is more an architect of Nigeria's downfall than Murtala Mohammed.

The culture of civil servants stealing the country blind was entrenched during Gowon's 9-year rule. There were bloated parastatals and the culture of government spending just for spending's sake aka white elephant projects was institutionalized during his regime.

That was also the peak of the oil boom when Nigeria could have made giant steps to join the industrialized world. Instead, the money was pilfered by politicians, civil servants, and their cronies. Murtala while trying to correct the rampant malfeasance in the system, might have made his own mistakes, but he did far less damage in those 6-7 months than Gowon.

Nigeria's problems have a myriad of root causes, but if one single man was to shoulder the blame for Nigeria's demise at the gates of hell, it would be Yakubu Gowon.

What about IBB?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:28am On Jul 26
larride:

What about IBB?

IBB is up there. Definitely more significant than Murtala Muhammed IMO in terms of Nigeria's downfall. I would still put Gowon at the top because he was the one who wasted our resources the most, for the most time, when we had the most of it. He didn't steal it personally, but practically everybody else did, AND very importantly, that is when everybody started doing it.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 3:39am On Jul 26
Ibime:

You've already started typing nonsense and using their language like "leftist sheep"

Since when did a centrist that supported Conservative Government in UK for the last 14 years become a leftist sheep. You can only see things from how far gone you are off the scale. Of course someone in the centre is a leftist to someone about to fall off the far right scale.

No I didn't think it was a set up, I took it for what it was a failed assassination attempt. And unlike you, I did my research which told me Secret service only secure inside the perimeter of events while local Police force secure outside the perimeter and this shot came from outside, so your secret service narrative you've been swallowing from your conspiracy nutjob information sources is dead on arrival.

Secondly if someone wants you dead, it's not by probabilities that your security may lapse, they will send an able man to do the job.

Niggas get shot everyday B, and that's word to Ronald Reagan

Man, I can't believe my nigga A40 is now a full blown nutjob. RIP to the old A40
Alaye sharrap. You have been making asinine assumptions and making an ass of yourself all this time and I just dey look you

You definitely are sounding like one of them.

Maybe you're a conservative in the aspect of UK politics but you're 100% a left leaner where US politics. Which is cool. Your political beliefs are what they are I don't care

What are you waffling about? If the Secret service was on the up and up why did their Head get fired? House hearings are not held for people that did their jobs Captain Doofus.

If your simpleton research was what held up then the Police Chief and not the SS Director would be losing their jobs

And no I'm not directly finger pointing at the SS in it's entirety but if you think that assassination attempt was purely coincidence I'm sorry you're an asshat. His failure was not due to his lack of ability. That much is clear. I don't know what Tom Clancy novel you read that told you Mossad or Spetsnaz agents had 100% hit rates

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:10am On Jul 26
afrodoc2:

IBB is up there. Definitely more significant than Murtala Muhammed IMO in terms of Nigeria's downfall. I would still put Gowon at the top because he was the one who wasted our resources the most, for the most time, when we had the most of it. He didn't steal it personally, but practically everybody else did, AND very importantly, that is when everybody started doing it.

The beginning of the end of the civil service.

Like Ibime pointed out in one if his earlier post today, civil service run thr government. A country that will work needs an efficient civil service that will work irrespective of who the politician is. All strong institutions are made up of dedicated civil servants. A nation cannot outgrow the efficiency or productivity of its civil servant.

Politicians come and go every 4yrs, civil servants remain for years. They are the kokoro ton jegba, ninu e gba lo wa.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:12am On Jul 26
Make NBA quick resume jare angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:33am On Jul 26
larride:

The beginning of the end of the civil service.

Like Ibime pointed out in one if his earlier post today, civil service run thr government. A country that will work needs an efficient civil service that will work irrespective of who the politician is. All strong institutions are made up of dedicated civil servants. A nation cannot outgrow the efficiency or productivity of its civil servant.

Politicians come and go every 4yrs, civil servants remain for years. They are the kokoro ton jegba, ninu e gba lo wa.

Nigeria's major problem is not end of civil service but corruption and a culture of waste. That is the origin of Nigeria's problems. I am not saying Muhammed or other leaders are blameless, or that the civil service is not bad, but the person in charge when our major problem became a major problem, is the person with the main responsibility.

FYI The civil service was already incredibly corrupt and bloated during Gowon's regime. That is one of the reasons why Muhammed went overboard and kicked many of them out. He was not attacking an innocent system. The problem was that he went about it in the wrong way, like a butcher performing skin cancer surgery.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:11am On Jul 26
TrebleChamp:
A very useless security agencies we have...
They are not different from local vigilante

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 6:53am On Jul 26
raumdeuter:

President is absent from where?
Was it not a few days ago that he met with Labor leaders and signed the minimum wage?

Or where do you expect him to be that he is not
Leadership no be wetin Dem dey use form introvert or hide face put

https://x.com/BishopPOEvang/status/1816405215291056608?t=YC6raHqNdPIZe8lj_w1Rsw&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:58am On Jul 26
Oro for OYO

Make every state just carry out the ORO na.....

🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:17am On Jul 26
Baba don remove deacon own o.

He say make una come wash face...

🤣🤣

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 7:34am On Jul 26
Segedinho:

🤣🤣

Just imagine..

RCCG might never beat the allegations..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 7:49am On Jul 26
A40:

Alaye sharrap. You have been making asinine assumptions and making an ass of yourself all this time and I just dey look you

You definitely are sounding like one of them.

No, you're sounding like a nutjob, complete with the language and everything

Imagine someone who christened Trump '"Don the Con" falling for someone he knows is jobbing him

You are a MAGA, a mugu, a mark, a stan

Sign of emotional instability is someone not knowing their political mind by their 30s. Warning sign was there when you switched from Arsenal to Bayern as a fully grown man, but we overlooked it.

A40:
Don the Con pulling off one last final scam on his loyal marks grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:53am On Jul 26
grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 8:30am On Jul 26
Why are they running....

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by RevFrEbuka(m): 8:32am On Jul 26
grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:34am On Jul 26
Segedinho:

🤣🤣

Deacon don turn isese worshipper because of Tinubu . Wonderment!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:34am On Jul 26
Ibime:

No, you're sounding like a nutjob, complete with the language and everything

Imagine someone who christened Trump '"Don the Con" falling for someone he knows is jobbing him

You are a MAGA, a mugu, a mark, a stan

Sign of emotional instability is someone not knowing their political mind by their 30s. Warning sign was there when you switched from Arsenal to Bayern as a fully grown man, but we overlooked it.

Haba football fandom is not a cult

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 8:37am On Jul 26
https://www.nairaland.com/8165311/nil-2017-2022-2bn-2023-sudden

The Malta cabal Dangote talked about.. Interestingly, one of the companies is Raz Hanzir oil and the board memebers have been uncovered..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5030) (5031) (5032) (5033) (5034) (5035) (5036) ... (5210) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: izzou(m), Segedinho(m), Tochex101(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.