Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,740 members, 7,969,143 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:52 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1916217 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5064) (5065) (5066) (5067) (5068) (5069) (5070) ... (5380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:02pm On Jul 31
A person who only a couple years before was involved in the coke business is being sold as some lover of democracy that did whatever it was he did post Abacha for altruistic reasons...orishirishi

Tinubu "fought" Abacha because of his desperation to abuse democracy and peddle illegalities like he did in his cocaine cowboy days.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 5:06pm On Jul 31
Theflint1:
Was Tinubu fighting Abacha because he was a lover of democracy, or because he wanted an opportunity to abuse democracy like he's done over the years?

So Tinubu got arrested for treason because he wanted to abuse democracy in an era where everybody who stood against Abacha was getting arrested and or murdered.

A drug dealing multi millionaire wealthy enough to forfeit half a million dollars in 1993 was willing risk his life and actually go to jail because....perks? grin

List the perks make we hear

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 5:11pm On Jul 31
obainojazz:
Tinubu can, if Obi does it…. Airmark will tell you Igbo man wants to divide the country.
Make Atiku go lead protest jare 😵‍💫

Obi already supported war in his speech few days ago in Anambra and I didn't come here to accuse him of dividing the country.

Nobody should arrogate any ferocious power to a jellyfish.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:11pm On Jul 31
Theflint1:
Was Tinubu fighting Abacha because he was a lover of democracy, or because he wanted an opportunity to abuse democracy like he's done over the years?

right now - all i will say is you are projecting the reality of Peter Obi unto bola tinubu

it is what it is

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:16pm On Jul 31
airmark:

Obi already supported war in his speech few days ago in Anambra and I didn't come here to accuse him of dividing the country.

Lmaooo.. War on?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:17pm On Jul 31
airmark:

Your school of thought needs to be shut down… embarrassing grin

https://x.com/jaipi_/status/1818627757934268577?s=46&t=fD8OgcXhLzcjNas1oCqRPA

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:18pm On Jul 31
liveLongNprospa:

Lmaooo.. War on?
There are many airmarks in Nigeria and una want to protest grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 31
nihilistjnr:

So Tinubu got arrested for treason because he wanted to abuse democracy in an era where everybody who stood against Abacha was getting arrested and or murdered.

A drug dealing multi millionaire wealthy enough to forfeit half a million dollars in 1993 was willing risk his life and actually go to jail because....perks? grin

List the perks make we hear
So you're seriously asking me the perks of being a senator at any point in Nigeria's history? Ordinary Permanent Secretary dey cash out like mad, na con senator no go fight for position because e wan cash out.

We were sold the lamba of Tinubu being too rich to be involved in grifts in 2023, how's that going? He was a lot richer in 2023 compared to 1994 when he was fighting Abacha for an opportunity to milk the country dry.

Tinubu's personality is that of a fighter (I'd give him that), and fighters fight for any and every reason, legal or illegal, well-intentioned, or ill-intentioned...his "fight" is testament of nothing. Get off the kool-aid.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:19pm On Jul 31
obainojazz:
It will just be another avenue for looters to loot… Why should a protest happen in Lagos when seat of power is in Abuja grin
Protest can’t even work in Nigeria cos we’re tribal and Notherners will need to be heavily involved
Nairobi is Kikuyu dominated and they effectively led a protest in the capital…. Why should a non-indigene lead in Nigeria…. How does it look Obi leading a protest in Lagos grin

All your points are valid and true If I had written the same thing I will be tagged wicked abroadian and tribalist

Why should a protest happen in Lagos that has stopped being capital for over 30yrs.

And can a slogan be more ambiguous than "End bad governance". What exactly falls under that? I can name over 100 acts that can be tagged as bad governance
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:21pm On Jul 31
GloriousGbola:

right now - all i will say is you are projecting the reality of Peter Obi unto bola tinubu

it is what it is
My second term ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian – Jonathan (2015)

We know politicians that have reached the heights they have in politics off the back of needless deaths.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 5:27pm On Jul 31
GloriousGbola:

it is what it is

It's particularly irritating because it's clear the guy doesn't know the history of Nigeria and especially the 3rd Republic.

Tinubu was a senator under Babangida who initially refused to hold presidential election, then threatened to end 3rd Republic if the senate didn't endorse him as transitional president, then annulled tbe election results anyway.

Babangida then setup the Shonekan government by decree, ending the 3rd republic.

It's instructive to note that the 3rd republic lasted less than a year, and though out that period, the legislative were battling IBB's attempt to be president.

Tinubu was arrested for treason in 1994, 3rd republic effectively ended mid 93. So what were the perks of democracy Tinubu was fighting for so much that it was worth risking his life for?

And why would a wealthy drug dealer do that instead of just returning to the streets where the money was a lot easier?

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:27pm On Jul 31
Theflint1:

Are you referring to this?

I am surprised at this revelation.
Kola Abiola the first son of Abiola accused Tinubu of betraying his father?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 5:28pm On Jul 31
Theflint1:
So you're seriously asking me the perks of being a senator at any point in Nigeria's history? Ordinary Permanent Secretary dey cash out like mad, na con senator no go fight for position because e wan cash out.

We were sold the lamba of Tinubu being too rich to be involved in grifts in 2023, how's that going? He was a lot richer in 2023 compared to 1994 when he was fighting Abacha for an opportunity to milk the country dry.

Tinubu's personality is that of a fighter (I'd give him that), and fighters fight for any and every reason, legal or illegal, well-intentioned, or ill-intentioned...his "fight" is testament of nothing. Get off the kool-aid.

Oga you were the one that said he was fighting for the perks of senate in 1993.

List the perks of the senate in 1993 make we hear.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:28pm On Jul 31
Theflint1:
My second term ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian – Jonathan (2015)

We know politicians that have reached the heights they have in politics off the back of needless deaths.

please spare us the dubious lamba of GEJ who pulled every trick in the book to steal the election

he brought fayose out of retirement
he freed sergeant rogers and al-mustpha
they deployed soldiers to the house of the tinubu you love to hate
they deployed soldiers to steal the election in ekiti and gain a foothold in the SW
they delayed the election
they used NSA funds to prosecute the election
he and his wife imposed the wike you are all now hating on tongue
they deployed orubebe to run a january 6 during the vote counting

tell these tales by moonlight of GEJ to your JJC obidients who just started following politics yesterday

they are the only ones that can swallow your lamba of the heroism and honour of a mediocre establishment politician who was content for handouts from nigerias most infamous leader

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:29pm On Jul 31
Theflint1:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Continue...we know what we're doing.

Why you dey laugh you this yeye boy!! Opportunity wait for no man
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:30pm On Jul 31
nihilistjnr:

It's particularly irritating because it's clear the guy doesn't know the history of Nigeria and especially the 3rd Republic.

Tinubu was a senator under Babangida who initially refused to hold presidential election, then threatened to end 3rd Republic if the senate didn't endorse him as transitional president, then annulled tbe election results anyway.

Babangida then setup the Shonekan government by decree, ending the 3rd republic.

It's instructive to note that the 3rd republic lasted less than a year, and though out that period, the legislative were battling IBB's attempt to be president.

Tinubu was arrested for treason in 1994, 3rd republic effectively ended mid 93. So what were the perks of democracy Tinubu was fighting for so much that it was worth risking his life for?

And why would a wealthy drug dealer do that instead of just returning to the streets where the money was a lot easier?

or just taking a juicy role like chairman of a ports authority and quietly eating?
it is hard to make noise when your mouth is full, after all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:33pm On Jul 31
There are no perks to being a senator in the 90s but there was ravaging corruption too.

This maths is not mathing oo.
I mean where politicians then not viewed as extremely corrupt by the military guys then abi na me nor remember my history 😁

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CAPdan21(m): 5:33pm On Jul 31
It's like tagging Escobar a philanthropist when we all know what game the nigha was playing...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:36pm On Jul 31
GloriousGbola:

Enahoro, you see these your kinsmen who came after you and how they are pissing on your legacy? It is well.

grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 5:37pm On Jul 31
liveLongNprospa:

Are you referring to this?

I am surprised at this revelation.
Kola Abiola the first son of Abiola accused Tinubu of betraying his father?

That story doesn't actually even make sense given that
A. Abiola was VP under Shonekan in the Interim Government whilst Abacha was head of defence or something along those lines
B. Tinubu was an Abiola protege.

Why would tinubu not got to his boss who took a VP position after June 12 annulment, and instead go to Abacha to ask for post of commissioner.

Also note, Tinubu was arrested for treason by the Abacha government in June 94. Which was the same month Abiola was arrested by Abacha.

So what js the timeline for this- and how is Kola Abiola witness to a senior man conversation between the top man in the country, his father, and a former senator where the senator was asking for a commissioner post? cheesy

And how is it that Bode George a lifelong political enemy of Tinubu just also happened be the one corroborating the story? cheesy

I dislike Tinubu significantly but you people with no knowledge of history need to be checked.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:38pm On Jul 31
nihilistjnr:

I actually hope you're just dyslexic. It's better to be ignorant because you didn't read than to be ignorant after you read.

Because how can you read this and be asking what I meant by Tinubu taking on Abacha?

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CAPdan21(m): 5:39pm On Jul 31
Lovers of democracy...nyen nyen grin cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 5:40pm On Jul 31
liveLongNprospa:
There are no perks to being a senator in the 90s but there was ravaging corruption too.

This maths is not mathing oo.
I mean where politicians then not viewed as extremely corrupt by the military guys then abi na me nor remember my history 😁

Abacha appointed Peter Obi to head Tin Can. I believe you know exactly what that means.

Same Abacha threw Tinubu in jail for charges that carried death penalty.

If you're going to mention beneficiaries of corruption in that regime, I cant see Tinubu near the top of that list, unlike Obi.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:40pm On Jul 31
raumdeuter:

All your points are valid and true If I had written the same thing I will be tagged wicked abroadian and tribalist

Why should a protest happen in Lagos that has stopped being capital for over 30yrs.

And can a slogan be more ambiguous than "End bad governance". What exactly falls under that? I can name over 100 acts that can be tagged as bad governance
Most of Tinubu’s protest were in Lagos and FG can even decide not to pay him attention…. Make he go Anambra or Rivers go lead protest and it becomes somehow grin
Unfortunately, this protest is looking like it will happen in Lagos and that’s failure already.
If you’re protesting against BRT fares or Lagos government stopping free education, that’s different but disrupting economic activities in one state when seat of power is in Abuja is just somehow.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 5:40pm On Jul 31
nihilistjnr:

A. Abiola was VP under Shonekan in the Interim Government whilst Abacha was head of defence or something along those lines

Why would tinubu not got to his boss who took a VP position after June 12 annulment, and instead go to Abacha to ask for post of commissioner.

Also note, Tinubu was arrested for treason by the Abacha government in June 94. Which was the same month Abiola was arrested by Abacha.

So what js the timeline for this- and how is Kola Abiola witness to a senior man conversation between the top man in the country, his father, and a former senator where the senator was asking for a commissioner post? cheesy

And how is it that Bode George a lifelong political enemy of Tinubu just also happened be the one corroborating the story? cheesy

I dislike Tinubu significantly but you people with no knowledge of history need to be checked.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 5:41pm On Jul 31
donjazzet:

We had no choice because the obidients (Non-partisan Nigerians who seek a total political revolution in the country), needed a figurehead to lead that movement and Obi was the very best of the bunch.

My point right now is that the obidients need to detach from Obi now seeing his ineffectiveness in organising his own movement and party OR Obi sits up and STARTS acting as a leader who millions of Nigerians have hinged their hopes upon.

Many understand that Obi is an ineffective leader, but only few mustered courage to shell it out, no matter whose ox is gored.

Your eyes have finally opened. Next is Obainojazz.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 5:43pm On Jul 31
izzou:
Obi shutting down the country is effectual Leadership?

grin grin grin

It's okay.
If Obi leads this protest and it turns bad, they will lock up in jail. He may not even be out to contest next election. People think say na Jonathan dey power. APC rule with iron fist, no smiling at all.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31
nihilistjnr:

Lmao.
So Abiola's son is lying abi?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CAPdan21(m): 5:44pm On Jul 31
Air.mark to obi is like the pig to the feaces...

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:47pm On Jul 31
nihilistjnr:

Abacha appointed Peter Obi to head Tin Can. I believe you know exactly what that means.

Same Abacha threw Tinubu in jail for charges that carried death penalty.

If you're going to mention beneficiaries of corruption in that regime, I cant see Tinubu near the top of that list, unlike Obi.

But the same Abiola's son is saying Tinubu betrayed his father by going to beg Abacha for appointment.

And please no need to let me know you hate tinubu.
I nor see the importance.
Only you also said a senator in the federal republic of Nigeria in the 90s didn't have any perks.
Come of it jnr

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:47pm On Jul 31
airmark:

Many understand that Obi is an ineffective leader, but only few muster courage to shell it out, no matter whose ox is gored.

Your eyes have finally opened. Next is Obainojazz.
You think I’m obidient grin
When some people here I don’t like Trump, they automatically say I am blinded by mainstream media… but then I don’t even like the other guys grin
I can’t support any naija politician and I don’t even see Obi as Messiah.
Life no revolve around obidients… aside this forum, I no even like to discuss naija politics as e no favour or concern me grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 5:47pm On Jul 31
airmark:

Even with ur exposure

Haaaa......na wao

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5064) (5065) (5066) (5067) (5068) (5069) (5070) ... (5380) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: YoungB1a(m), fyinka47(m), Greatswimmer, PendragonVII

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.