Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,765 members, 7,969,247 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:26 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5069) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1916499 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5066) (5067) (5068) (5069) (5070) (5071) (5072) ... (5381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 7:26pm On Jul 31
izzou:
Nihilistjnr

I am trying to reply you, but the conversation has moved past what we were talking about.

I no know where to begin

grin grin grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:28pm On Jul 31
reccy:

grin grin grin

Walahi grin

The conversation was about the protest and how to forge ahead.

I am surprised to see Heroin and 1993
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 7:33pm On Jul 31
izzou:

Walahi grin

The conversation was about the protest and how to forge ahead.

I am surprised to see Heroin and 1993

The thing shock me sef. Different theories and revised histories flying upandan.

Well, kuku rest for now and save it for another day.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 7:35pm On Jul 31
airmark:

Many understand that Obi is an ineffective leader, but only few mustered courage to shell it out, no matter whose ox is gored.

Your eyes have finally opened. Next is Obainojazz.

Make no mistake, Obi was highly effective as a governor. His results and achievements proves that especially in the field of education and rural infrastructure. However, his actions since after the elections depict someone not fully ready for the revolutionary role the obidients thrusts him into and entrusted into his care.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 7:36pm On Jul 31
What will protest achieve? Not like anyone will resign. They're legally backed to run for 3 more years. That window has passed

Obi and anyone of Igbo stock will be very stupid to join or lead any protest. Nigerians must pay the full stupidity tax of voting a Feudalism merchant like Tinubu. Let the Northerners protest by themselves if they are so badly affected

Next elections people will hopefully be militant about ensuring the Tinubu is bundled out and after sufficient suffering you will chase with cutlass anyone who markets a candidate to you solely based on tribe and religion and not their actual plans

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:40pm On Jul 31
liveLongNprospa:

I'm just wondering nau.
A senator in Nigeria has no perks.
I wonder when we first officially found out about senator earnings in this country

I never said that.

What I asked you is what perks senators were getting in 3rd republic that would lead Tinubu to accept being thrown into jail for 9 months to try and get back.

Let me help you with timeline.

Senators were sworn in December 92 as part of a transitional government headed by IBB. IBB only allowed Legislative elections to hold so that he could legitimise himself as a civilian president. The senators could only compete under 1 of two parties, both of which were formed by IBB

Senators would draft laws that they could not pass, the bills had to be approved first by a military council, and after that IBB.

IBB finally allowed presidential election on June 12 1993 after having postponed elections like 3 or 4 times. In the same June 93 IBB annulled the elections.

2 months later IBB dissolved the government, announced ING by decree proclamation and unilaterally appointed Shonekan as President and Abacha as CODS.

That's why I keep asking what perks the 3rd republic senate enjoyed that Tinubu would endure prison for 9 months and the threat of execution to enjoy?

Olagunsoye Oyinlola was the first military governornor of Lagos state under Abacha - I remember this from Primary school tables - and a life long political enemy of Tinubu to this day. Why on earth, would Tinubu be angling for a commissioner post under him?

Tinubu had a lot more to lose than gain in that era. He was a wealthy man on the street level and didn't need to risk his life for the uncertainty of that political environment. The 90s weren't like today where success in politics was a sure banker.

We're talking about an era where Abacha jailed the election winner in Abiola, jailed his senior colleague and former head of state OBJ, jailed his own number 2 man in the country Oladipo Diya, and had even his own former oga IBB running in fear.

We're talking if an era where Abacha allowed only 5 political parties ro exist, and he was the presidential candidate for all 5.

What possible perks could Tinubu have enjoyed in 6 months of a quasi democratic regime that would convince him to risk his life and freedom to reclaim?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:48pm On Jul 31
A40:
What will protest achieve? Not like anyone will resign. They're legally backed to run for 3 more years. That window has passed

Obi and anyone of Igbo stock will be very stupid to join or lead any protest. Nigerians must pay the full stupidity tax of voting a Feudalism merchant like Tinubu. Let the Northerners protest by themselves if they are so badly affected

Next elections people will hopefully be militant about ensuring the Tinubu is bundled out and after sufficient suffering you will chase with cutlass anyone who markets a candidate to you solely based on tribe and religion and not their actual plans

Eziokwu bu ndu!

As much as Akpabio sounded insensitive with his comment, he is right.

All they have to do is go and sleep and eat. After August 15, they resume from where they stopped.

The last best time to end bad governance was 2023, and Insha allah, O ti lo.

The next best time is 2027, and i know my people well well.

Nigeria is gone!

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:53pm On Jul 31
Trump went to a convention of Black journalists and took their questions. Very brave of him
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31
izzou:

Eziokwu bu ndu!

As much as Akpabio sounded insensitive with his comment, he is right.

All they have to do is go and sleep and eat. After August 15, they resume from where they stopped.

The last best time to end bad governance was 2023, and Insha allah, O ti lo.

The next best time is 2027, and i know my people well well.

Nigeria is gone!
Just chance to waste people's lives and vandalize properties for nowt.

If the north are aggrieved let them scatter their own neck of the woods after all they are primarily the ones that put Nigeria in this mess. I heard some of them have gone from touching grass to eating it. Next time they hear APC they will run or not

If Nigerians want to keep selling their birth rights for porridge instead of choosing the right candidate at the polls and uniting to ensure that candidate is returned all the best. The hardship will not discriminate. That is the beauty of it

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 7:58pm On Jul 31
nihilistjnr:

I never said that.

What I asked you is what perks senators were getting in 3rd republic that would lead Tinubu to accept being thrown into jail for 9 months to try and get back.

Let me help you with timeline.

Senators were sworn in December 92 as part of a transitional government headed by IBB. IBB only allowed Legislative elections to hold so that he could legitimise himself as a civilian president. The senators could only compete under 1 of two parties, both of which were formed by IBB

Senators would draft laws that they could not pass, the bills had to be approved first by a military council, and after that IBB.

IBB finally allowed presidential election on June 12 1993 after having postponed elections like 3 or 4 times. In the same June 93 IBB annulled the elections.

2 months later IBB dissolved the government, announced ING by decree proclamation and unilaterally appointed Shonekan as President and Abacha as CODS.

That's why I keep asking what perks the 3rd republic senate enjoyed that Tinubu would endure prison for 9 months and the threat of execution to enjoy?

Olagunsoye Oyinlola was the first military governornor of Lagos state under Abacha - I remember this from Primary school tables - and a life long political enemy of Tinubu to this day. Why on earth, would Tinubu be angling for a commissioner post under him?

Tinubu had a lot more to lose than gain in that era. He was a wealthy man on the street level and didn't need to risk his life for the uncertainty of that political environment. The 90s weren't like today where success in politics was a sure banker.

We're talking about an era where Abacha jailed the election winner in Abiola, jailed his senior colleague and former head of state OBJ, jailed his own number 2 man in the country Oladipo Diya, and had even his own former oga IBB running in fear.

We're talking if an era where Abacha allowed only 5 political parties ro exist, and he was the presidential candidate for all 5.

What possible perks could Tinubu have enjoyed in 6 months of a quasi democratic regime that would convince him to risk his life and freedom to reclaim?

Speaking of IBB, rumors were making the rounds that Abacha was killed because he planned to arrest IBB before transmuting to a civilian president in October 1998.

I wouldn’t be surprised if IBB actually enlisted the help of foreign intelligence services to kpai Abacha, because as you said, if Abacha had no issue with jailing OBJ, Yar’Adua, Diya, Abiola etc, it would have been foolhardy for IBB to think that he was immune from Abacha’s fangs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:01pm On Jul 31
raumdeuter:
Trump went to a convention of Black journalists and took their questions. Very brave of him
While Kamala is bringing Meg Thee Stallion to dance and shake yansh for rally

The irony is Trump will do more for black people than Kamala ever can but you can count on that demographic to vote based on who panders to their feelings and identity politics
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31
Of which RIP to Onyeka Onwenu. Phenomenal songstress. Absolutely phenomenal

Most of us grew up to her music. Just a reminder of how fickle this game of life is. She was literally vibing on stage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:10pm On Jul 31
PDPGuy:

Speaking of IBB, rumors were making the rounds that Abacha was killed because he planned to arrest IBB before transmuting to a civilian president in October 1998.

I wouldn’t be surprised if IBB actually enlisted the help of foreign intelligence services to kpai Abacha, because as you said, if Abacha had no issue with jailing OBJ, Yar’Adua, Diya, Abiola etc, it would have been foolhardy for IBB to think that he was immune from Abacha’s fangs
Dem definitely off Abacha switch. The man was moving like Daenerys.

I don't believe for a second that nigga died naturally

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:19pm On Jul 31
Dear Lagosians,

Today, I stand before you deeply committed to the well-being and prosperity of our great state.

Lagos has always been a beacon of hope and resilience, reflecting the brilliance and energy of our diverse cultures.

For weeks, we’ve faced the prospect of protests aimed at ending what some call "bad government." While the intentions may be noble, some narratives suggesting it’s a means to change the government by non-constitutional means are troubling.

Is a protest the catalyst for progress we need now? Will it ensure our challenges vanish in ten days? Will it lower food prices or inspire economic growth? I strongly believe it won’t. Instead, it could undo the modest gains we’ve made.

Are there challenges? Yes. Is the government addressing them? Absolutely. Significant efforts are underway across many sectors to alleviate our people’s pain and pave the way to lasting prosperity.

This week, President Tinubu signed a new minimum wage into law. Student loans are being disbursed to ease financial burdens, and local governments now have financial autonomy to enhance governance efficiency.

The foreign exchange crisis is being creatively tackled. The sale of crude oil to local refineries in Naira will save $7.9 billion annually and strengthen our currency. The Presidential Initiative on CNG is also attracting private investments.

We need patience for the benefits of these economic reforms to blossom. Protests can’t achieve in days what economic reforms can in weeks and months. Our nation, under President Tinubu’s courageous leadership, is on the right path.

In Lagos, we launched EKOCARES to cushion the effects of economic reforms. From discount markets to reduced transport costs, and free medical care, we are committed to easing the burdens on our people.

We’ve increased bursaries and scholarships for Lagos students, ensured free education for new elementary students, and our workers earn above the national minimum wage.

We can do more, and we will.

Reflecting on the tragic events of the EndSARS protest in 2020, it began peacefully but was later hijacked, resulting in immense destruction and loss.

We will NOT allow history repeat itself. During the protests, we saw the destruction of valuable properties and institutions: Lagos High Court, 45 police stations, 12 Local Government offices, 7 Fire Stations, and the Forensic Centre, among others.

The City Hall, Nigeria Ports Authority headquarters, and traditional rulers’ palaces were also destroyed.

Malls, shops, offices, and hundreds of brand-new BRT buses were lost. Such devastation only sets us back economically and socially.

Our goal is a peaceful and prosperous Lagos. We must avoid economic destabilization that can make us poorer. Let’s unite, embrace dialogue, and build a peaceful, prosperous Lagos.

To ensure safe and peaceful expression, the Police have designated Gani Fawehinmi Park and Peace Park for protests. These locations will be secured to protect our citizens and prevent chaos.

Let’s work together to build a Lagos that is safe, secure, and prosperous for all. Our strength lies in our unity, and our future depends on maintaining peace and stability.

God bless Lagos State.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 8:27pm On Jul 31
US sabi play basketball sha. South Sudan can only try.

I like how physical this Olympics basketball games have been so far. Allowing some physicality and not calling so many fouls.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 31
Segedinho:
This one funny sha.... cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/8171261/police-foil-bomb-attack-ikeja
They get their audience.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 8:28pm On Jul 31
Fireworks grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:29pm On Jul 31
......seankafor! Stay safe bruh, jez saw some horrible clips from Owerri.

https://x.com/Manlike_ED/status/1818633095517491603?s=19

https://x.com/Onsogbu/status/1818695521978270028?s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:29pm On Jul 31
Ballzproblemm:
Fireworks grin
Be like Khameinei don tire for him post
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 31
OasisX:
......seankafor! Stay safe bruh, jez saw some horrible clips from Owerri.

https://x.com/Manlike_ED/status/1818633095517491603?s=19

https://x.com/Onsogbu/status/1818695521978270028?s=19
Tinubu continues to fail as president...he should find a solution to the IPOB menace.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:35pm On Jul 31
Ballzproblemm:
Fireworks grin

Direct strike lmao. Why Israel? We dont know who killed Haniyeh. He probably died of overfeeding
Maybe na Arsenal fan and disappointment of being trophyless kill am

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:36pm On Jul 31
Theflint1:
Tinubu continues to fail as president...he should find a solution to the IPOB menace.

IPOB menace or DSS? Which menace? When people have denied anything like that happening in the SE and its very peaceful
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 8:37pm On Jul 31
donjazzet:

Make no mistake, Obi was highly effective as a governor. His results and achievements proves that especially in the field of education and rural infrastructure. However, his actions since after the elections depict someone not fully ready for the revolutionary role the obidients thrusts him into and entrusted into his care.

So, why did you wish the same Peter Obi a terrible death in a plane crash, when he was still the Anambra Governor?

Please take your time to answer before you slip sleep. You may zoom your post attached below.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 8:40pm On Jul 31
raumdeuter:

Direct strike lmao. Why Israel? We dont know who killed Haniyeh. He probably died of overfeeding
Maybe na Arsenal fan and disappointment of being trophyless kill am

"we know what we are doing"Khameinei grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 8:40pm On Jul 31
airmark:

So, why did you wish the same Peter Obi a terrible death in a plane crash while he had spent over 7 years as Anambra Governor?

Please take your time to answer before you slip sleep. You may zoom your post attached below.
It makes no sense to argue with you. Politics, Football oo. Nothing you sabi!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 8:40pm On Jul 31
A40:
Be like Khameinei don tire for him post
e no go reach that level Sha,but we're getting there,one day inshallah.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 8:41pm On Jul 31
Ihebu4chelsea:
It makes no sense to argue with you. Politics, Football oo. Nothing you sabi!

Ok, Igwe of Berekum Chelsea. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:42pm On Jul 31
raumdeuter:

IPOB menace or DSS? Which menace? When people have denied anything like that happening in the SE and its very peaceful
Whether it's IPOB, DSS or Boko Haram, he should find a solution to the problem once and for all.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 8:45pm On Jul 31
airmark:

Ok, Igwe of Berekum Chelsea. grin
Aside Peter obi and IPOB, i haven't seen any reasonable contribution from you when it come's to Nigerian Politics... You can do better

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 8:46pm On Jul 31
When their packaged scam is exposed, they start the usual insults.

Most of you are hypocrites and never loved the country as fictitiously and treacherously claimed.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:49pm On Jul 31
grin

........Kenneth Okonkwo Anarch Looms Season 2 is out. LOL!

https://x.com/PoojaMedia/status/1818658834660901180?s=19

(1) (2) (3) ... (5066) (5067) (5068) (5069) (5070) (5071) (5072) ... (5381) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Amigoss, Itsrm(m), nihilistjnr and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.