Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,968 members, 7,876,678 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 12:23 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1612869 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (4931) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
raumdeuter:

What good did Obi do the state? When he was campaigning to change them to Dubai now we are searching for Dubai in Anambra and we can't see it
I didn't live in Anambra during Obi's tenure and can't say much about PO's performance. I know he also his shortcomings but compared with crooks like BAT and Atiku, Obi na learner.

If Buhari (and Tinubu) had fulfilled some of their campaign promises, Nigerians would vote for them again gladly.

But it turned out that Buhari has become a synonym for hardship and suffering and Tinubu the pioneer of bullion van politicking.

In the absence of any coalition that can stand toe-to-toe with APC and PDP, PO is the most reasonable option.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2022
Theflint1:
Lol...so in essence I should allow you to keep spreading lies abi?

Are these also lies? Is Soludo not getting cancelled by Obidients? grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
A001:

The bullion van drug baron built Lagos State ; weird statements we see on Nairaland and will remain on Nairaland.

If one even says something like this in some places in Lagos, he could be lynched.

In a country of over 200 million people, yet it's one drug addict that you're encouraging people to vote for.

APC doesn't have what it takes to lead neither does PDP. Personally, I'd have preferred that candidates like Sowore and the likes form a coalition.

But those ones aren't serious. Only PO can put up a decent performance in the polls by February.

People, both the educated and the uneducated, are really tired of APC's and PDP's misrule, but what we've are some Nigerians overseas campaigning for a drug baron to lead the country, and yet they can't live under the leader they're promoting.

Such a pathetic situation.

These are people not on Nairaland saying the same

https://dailytrust.com/amp/at-65-tinubu-hailed-as-architect-of-modern-lagos

Chimaroke Nnamani, former governor of Enugu state and Peoples Democratic Party chieftain and serving Senator, has described Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), as the most successful governor in modern Nigeria

https://newswirengr.com/2022/08/11/ahmed-bola-tinubu-is-the-most-successful-governor-in-modern-nigeria-pdp-chimaroke-nnamani-launch-online-bat-campaign/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/i-laid-foundation-for-other-govs-lagos-megacity-tinubu-boasts/amp/

Tinubu laid a solid foundation in Lagos State for his successors. He played a remarkable role in putting Lagos state on the global stage.

“The former governor has indeed carved a niche for himself in politics, leadership and philanthropy,” Kalu remarked.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/03/29/tinubu-laid-solid-foundation-in-lagos-state-orji-kalu/%3famp=1

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 10, 2022
He didn't say what made the investment become next to nothing...was it liquidated, or is it that the value of the investment dropped?

The company he invested in is SABMiller and I'm pretty sure they're still doing fine, so which is it, is Soludo a liar or Obiano liquidated Peter Obi's investment in SABMiller?

izzou:

It was as if that investment talk was getting him disgusted

grin

Nigeria problems long, walahi
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:25pm On Nov 10, 2022
izzou:

It was as if that investment talk was getting him disgusted

grin

Nigeria problems long, walahi

I think so. Even though he initially said he didn't want to talk about it, he went round and round talking about infrastructures and still came back to it again. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2022
izzou:

grin grin grin grin

Soludo could pass for a serial killer

Said it with a cold face. THAT INVESTMENT IS WORTH NEXT TO NOTHING

when you enter thinking there is something for you to build on, and you realise all you have is shit smoke and mirrors and 'phantom investments'
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2022
A001:

I didn't live in Anambra during Obi's tenure and can't say much about PO's performance. I know he also his shortcomings but compared with crooks like BAT and Atiku, Obi na learner.

If Buhari (and Tinubu) had fulfilled some of their campaign promises, Nigerians would vote for them again gladly.

But it turned out that Buhari has become a synonym for hardship and suffering and Tinubu the pioneer of bullion van politicking.

In the absence of any coalition that can stand toe-to-toe with APC and PDP, PO is the most reasonable option.

Those who lived in Anambra during Obis tenure called him a curse and the worst thing ever

Yet you that didn't live in Anambra want this curse on Nigerians

Do you have Nigerians so much

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
Theflint1:
He didn't say what made the investment become next to nothing...was it liquidated, or is it that the value of the investment dropped?

The company he invested in is SABMiller and I'm pretty sure they're still doing fine, so which is it, is Soludo a liar or Obiano liquidated Peter Obi's investment in SABMiller?

Soludo, the current governor didn't deny the investment.

He simply said the investment is worth next to nothing.

Haven't you seen investments become nothing?

My mum bought shares in Dangote Sugar when it came out. I think 40 box per share. Today, it is not worth the amount.

So relax, the investment fall. E dey happen

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2022
raumdeuter:

These are people not on Nairaland saying the same

https://dailytrust.com/amp/at-65-tinubu-hailed-as-architect-of-modern-lagos

Chimaroke Nnamani, former governor of Enugu state and Peoples Democratic Party chieftain and serving Senator, has described Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), as the most successful governor in modern Nigeria

https://newswirengr.com/2022/08/11/ahmed-bola-tinubu-is-the-most-successful-governor-in-modern-nigeria-pdp-chimaroke-nnamani-launch-online-bat-campaign/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/i-laid-foundation-for-other-govs-lagos-megacity-tinubu-boasts/amp/

Tinubu laid a solid foundation in Lagos State for his successors. He played a remarkable role in putting Lagos state on the global stage.

“The former governor has indeed carved a niche for himself in politics, leadership and philanthropy,” Kalu remarked.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/03/29/tinubu-laid-solid-foundation-in-lagos-state-orji-kalu/%3famp=1
All this one na political gimmicks that lack substance. Some years back, is that not how Buhari claimed Nigeria had attained food sufficiency?

Liar Muhammed also made several false assertions before and after APC came to power. So, all these crooks hailing Tinubu as the architect of modern Lagos are only doing eye service and politics.

Tinubu wey Fashola even performed much better than in Lagos.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2022
izzou:

Soludo, the current governor didn't deny the investment.

He simply said the investment is worth next to nothing.

Haven't you seen investments become nothing?

My mum bought shares in Dangote Sugar when it came out. I think 40 box per share. Today, it is not worth the amount.

So relax, the investment fall. E dey happen
I just checked Wikipedia, SABMiller became a defunct company in 2016 grin grin

Na still Obiano fault, cause Peter Obi comot office for 2014 although it's possible it was already liquidated before then.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
After watching that video again of Soludo

The admiration I had for him over 20yrs ago grew more

I hope Anambra succeed under him

That's how you know someone that's sound not just squealing like a Squirrel

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
A001:

All this one na political gimmicks that lack substance. Some years back, is that not how Buhari claimed Nigeria had attained food sufficiency?

Liar Muhammed also made several false assertions before and after APC came to power. So, all these crooks hailing Tinubu as the architect of modern Lagos are only doing eye service and politics.

Tinubu wey Fashola even performed much better than in Lagos.

You claimed it's only on Nairaland yet I have provided you off Nairaland sources alluding to the same. Even from Nnamani a PDP Senator and former governor
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
Theflint1:

Na still Obiano fault, cause Peter Obi comot office for 2014 although it's possible it was already liquidated before then.
if you go and check all the companies in peter obis business portfolio, outside of fidelty bank, na the same story.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
raumdeuter:

Those who lived in Anambra during Obis tenure called him a curse and the worst thing ever

Yet you that didn't live in Anambra want this curse on Nigerians

Do you have Nigerians so much
Millions of people lived in Anambra under Obi. How did you know they see Obi as a curse?

Did you conduct a survey to sample those residents' opinion about PO's performance as governor?

It's easy to find five posts or thereabouts online criticizing PO. But that's not enough to make a conclusion from.

Any conclusion made from such a scanty sample will be erroneous.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2022
Theflint1:

I really wish you would go and watch that video.

You will not even defend Obi for one second.

Soludo even said he cannot use state money to invest in any private company. If the company goes down, the money is lost.

Now, na Obiano fault. grin

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:38pm On Nov 10, 2022
I watched the video and yea, Soludo made solid points, can't fault his thinking at all.
izzou:

I really wish you would go and watch that video.

You will not even defend Obi for one second.

Soludo even said he cannot use state money to invest in any private company. If the company goes down, the money is lost.

Now, na Obiano fault. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
Theflint1:
I watched the video and yea, Soludo made solid points, can't fault his thinking at all.

I hope we rest from this investment higihaga

Its worth next to nothing now grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
Over 65,000 PVCs burnt in Ogun INEC office

Can't we use NIN to vote in this country, ehn?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2022
Ellexy:
It boggles the mind honestly, so we should be jubilatiing, dancing and rejoicing cos 1 dollar is now 700 naira not even considering where they met it

sad

Now 647. Whether you agree or not, it calls for celebration. It has not gotten to where it used to be and may never get there again but this recent gain gladdens my heart. I had things I wanted to import but had to put on hold because of the crazy rise. If it falls below 600, I'll start buying.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2022
izzou:

I hope we rest from this investment higihaga

Its worth next to nothing now grin
It'd make sense to hear from Peter Obi and Willie Obiano, that will truly put things to rest.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2022
Theflint1:
It'd make sense to hear from Peter Obi and Willie Obiano, that will truly put things to rest.

You go like Shakespeare books oh.

Wetin you wan hear again? Currently, its worth nothing.

Abi Obiano version go increase am?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
Honestly don't know whether to be happy or sad, had things I bought at the peak, these frequent fluctuations are actually worse for business. If it wants to be #1000/$, let it be that and stay there, not today it's one price, and you wake up the next day it's another price.
Itsrm:

Now 647. Whether you agree or not, it calls for celebration. It has not gotten to where it used to be and may never get there again but this recent gain gladdens my heart. I had things I wanted to import but had to put on hold because of the crazy rise. If it falls below 600, I'll start buying.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2022
A001:

Millions of people lived in Anambra under Obi. How did you know they see Obi as a curse?

Did you conduct a survey to sample those residents' opinion about PO's performance as governor?

It's easy to find five posts or thereabouts online criticizing PO. But that's not enough to make a conclusion from.

Any conclusion made from such a scanty sample will be erroneous.

Those were posts made by people living in Anambra during Obis tenure

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

Look at it yourself and see what the majority of people on the thread are saying about him

We will be here when Ikpeazu will come in 2032 and claim he was a hero in Abia
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
Theflint1:
Honestly don't know whether to be happy or sad, had things I bought at the peak, these frequent fluctuations are actually worse for business. If it wants to be #1000/$, let it be that and stay there, not today it's one price, and you wake up the next day it's another price.

This fall is too steep, I suspect there'll be a reversal at some point.

Unless the CBN has enough $ to go round and everyone can get it at the official rate, the fluctuations will continue.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:30pm On Nov 10, 2022
raumdeuter:

Those were posts made by people living in Anambra during Obis tenure

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

Look at it yourself and see what the majority of people on the thread are saying about him

We will be here when Ikpeazu will come in 2032 and claim he was a hero in Abia

And the same people cursing him today will be telling us he is the greatest guvnor ever liveth
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
izzou:
Over 65,000 PVCs burnt in Ogun INEC office

Can't we use NIN to vote in this country, ehn?
Who's the target of these INEC office attacks in the West? I don't get it at all.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
Itsrm:

Hopefully it's not just a flash in the pan and the naira keeps appreciating.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 11:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
raumdeuter:

That's a sitting governor in Anambra State saying this

That's why when we ask of Obis achievements in Anambra we hear nothing

https://www.nairaland.com/7426954/investment-obi-anambra-worth-next

Yet some will come here and say
FTZ is nothing
BRT is nothing
Eko Atlantic is nothing
light rail is nothing
Who's to blame for the investment not being worth much now as Soludo said considering the naira to dollar rate at the time the investment was made.

One thing is clear though, Obi is not mentioned here for corruption or stolen money. Character remains intact however we need to loom at mismanagement from the Obiano's administration and weak economy.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
Ellexy:
Who's to blame for the investment not being worth much now as Soludo said considering the naira to dollar rate at the time the investment was made.

One thing is clear though, Obi is not mentioned here for corruption or stolen money. Character remains intact however we need to loom at mismanagement from the Obiano's administration and weak economy.

It's the lack of vision that is making Obi to be without any legacy in Anambra

According to Soludo a Professor of Economics and former CBN governor

When you talk about investment, investment is not about taking public money to invest in bakery. That's not what the government is about. You got to invest in the future

I hope Obi is listening to an intellectual here not the regular mad Men that advise him
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:48am On Nov 11, 2022
GloriousGbola:
if you go and check all the companies in peter obis business portfolio, outside of fidelty bank, na the same story.
Lol...so many failed investments yet so successful.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 1:17am On Nov 11, 2022
Elon Musk is now ordering ALL Twitter employees to return to the office.. I wonder how that would work
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:00am On Nov 11, 2022
grin

...... NEXT to nothing. If you know you know.

I doff my Cap for HE Prof. Charles Soludo, he's a Chief Chef - Agba Cooker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (4931) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Roland17(m), obainojazz(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.