Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,439 members, 7,894,869 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 04:54 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (718) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1677175 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (5006) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Identity politics is the reason Nigeria created federal character commission. There is a reason why students 4rm some states must score 120, 138 before they can be admitted to Unity School why some with 2mark or 9mark will be offered automatic admission in the same country.

And where has this sort of practice taken us to?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2022
Ellexy:
This is where equity comes in. You can't just overlook the Southern vs Northern dynamics at play in Nigeria.
The masses have always been getting the short end of the stick in this so called arrangement, the political class has always used this narrative of North-South Dichotomy to cheat the citizens of good leadership.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2022
Itsrm:

Soludo pour sand inside Obi garri cheesy
The same Soludo wey use Obi campaign?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2022
I think we down South make too many assumptions about the North, preventing us from playing politics properly. The North is not one large monolith; just as we have our different tribes down South, there are also different tribes up North. States in the North Central part of the country cry of marginalization from the Hausa's/Fulani domiciled in the North West and North East. In fact, in Kaduna, a NW State, there's a very clear schism between the North and Southern parts of the state; how then do we say these people are one like you've said?

In the current democratic dispensation, the concept of the North being one is pretty recent because since 1999, we kicked these guys (NW/NE Nigeria) in the face election cycle after election cycle, allowing only Southerners or moderate Northerners like Yaradua have access to power, until Tinubu decided for whatever short-sighted reason to allow a feudalist in the person of Buhari access to power.

This 2023 election is them experimenting at proper NW/NE extremist dominance with the muslim/muslim ticket.
OasisX:

grin

This is problem with Southerners to be honest..... what the hell is SE, SS, SW? If power is zoned to North, you won't ever see Northerners crying its turn of NE, NW, NC, coz to average Northerners - North is North.

What Lugard even amalgamated were basically Northern and Southern Protectorates. Shehu Shagari, late Musa Yar'adua, Muhammadu Buhari are from North West, Musa Yar'dua and Muhammadu Buhari are even from same State, yet no single Northerner wail over it.

PDP thrown their Ticket to Southern Nigeria in 1999. OBJ and Alex E. contested it and OBJ won. Its never micro-zoned to SW only.

APC zoned their Ticket to North in 2015, strong Contestants are from NW and NE respectively. It has never been micro-zoned to a particular geographical zone before - so where and what is hypocrisy here for God's sake!

Southerners are problem of this Country to say the truth.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2022
Theflint1:
I think we down South make too many assumptions about the North, preventing us from playing politics properly. The North is not one large monolith; just as we have our different tribes down South, there are also different tribes up North. States in the North Central part of the country cry of marginalization from the Hausa's/Fulani domiciled in the North West and North East. In fact, in Kaduna, a NW State, there's a very clear schism between the North and Southern parts of the state; how then do we say these people are one like you've said?

In the current democratic dispensation, the concept of the North being one is pretty recent because since 1999, we kicked these guys (NW/NE Nigeria) in the face election cycle after election cycle, allowing only Southerners or moderate Northerners like Yaradua have access to power, until Tinubu decided for whatever short-sighted reason to allow a feudalist in the person of Buhari access to power.

This 2023 election is them experimenting at proper NW/NE extremist dominance with the muslim/muslim ticket.

You do know Shettima is not Fulani either is he Hausa. Hes a Kanuri.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:34pm On Nov 13, 2022
Olowunl01:

Alaye stop trying to play smart cos you know the reason; Cos people in those 3 regions Identify as Northerners; and in the 3 regions exist those who Identify as Hausa unlike in the south where you dont have such single unifying Identity, I bet you know this already SMH smiley.

However on the bolded I definately agree with you.

The difference between a Benue man and a Katsina man is bigger than the difference between an Oyo and a Calabar man

Yet you want to bundle them all as Northerners and you want micro segmentation of the South into SW SE and SS

A NC man has never been President of VP too in Nigeria in our democracy, So why should they not be considered while you want a SE to be

1999 PDP ticket was sent to the South and Ekwueme SE contested against OBJ SW for it

Just like 2015 APC was sent to the North and Atiku NE contested against Buhari NW for it

Zoning is North and South. When zoned to the North it's open to NE NW and NC. When zoned to the South its open to SE SW and SS

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2022
Amoto94:

The masses have always been getting the short end of the stick in this so called arrangement, the political class has always used this narrative of North-South Dichotomy to cheat the citizens of good leadership.
I want to know did you have this same perspective when you supported Buhari against Goodluck knowing fully well Goodluck was more qualified for the job than Buhari?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2022

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2022
GloriousGbola seems what you predicted is about to happen
https://www.nairaland.com/7431346/tinubu-vows-sue-media-orgs

Tinubu was waiting for the big media houses and not small Twitter boys

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2022
A40:
The same Soludo wey use Obi campaign?

Anambra can have the lowest poverty rate under Obi and the investment he made can be worth next to nothing

The statements are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Sowore also raised funds in 2019 and embezzled it according to the Party Chairman..

https://twitter.com/ejykdonejyzeH/status/1591195653199499264?t=L_9ddYZv43u06OdhEED8jg&s=19

There is no accountability and supervision of these donations. We have political office holders who use State/ Federal funds to execute elections/ campaigns. Political parties are not declaring the source of their funds and how it is being utilized. We have governors blatantly using state funds to execute campaigns and elections for their party’s candidates on all levels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2022

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2022
Theflint1:

grin

.... No wonder David Hundeyin, Monye and co dey use una cash out on social media.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:52pm On Nov 13, 2022
TrebleChamp:

1. He performed as Governor giving the limited resources during his time, just as Peter Obi performed well also giving the limited resource.
2. He developed a master plan for Lagos that Fashola followed and Sanwo-Olu is currently following, although Ambode deviated from the plan.
He raised the IGR of Lagos State when OBJ seized Local Govt Allocation cos of the creation of LCDAs,
but to be honest the pace of development is not in proportion to the ₦40b monthly IGR officially declared and allocation from FAAC.

Tinubu is holding Lagos back from true progress, and him, his family and cronies like Baba Eto are all feeding fat off Lagos resource. Roads are terrible now, and Lagos/Badagry expressway is taking too long to complete (i blame Ambode for this sha).
He was the first Governor in Nigeria to officially use an SUV, a Mercedes G63 and other Governors followed, he was the first to introduced that evil bogus pension scheme for himself and other past governors and their Deputies, other State followed. Agbero menace is another issue, now if you stop your private car to give somebody a lift, Agberos will surround your car and demand for money claiming you carried a passenger. If you don't settle the matter or settle them on time, they will damage your side mirror or any other part of the car...

grin

You don try..... rest na political talk. I won't be surprised if you're the one he denied Ticket, hence the grudges against him.

You have every right to be angry at BAT. You did believe you've paid your dues under him, yet denied opportunity to enjoy fruits of your labour.

Ooin..... I feel the pain too bruh.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2022
All of them know the disaster that is Buhari's administration.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
grin

..... this one no dey think before dropping fake news here. Moment it's shared on their yeye WhatsApp Group, he don copy and paste am here.

Same you drop fake INEC Press Release here yesterday, yet never bother to apologise to us. Una fit mumu for una WhatsApp Group or FP posts, but here?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2022
raumdeuter:
GloriousGbola seems what you predicted is about to happen
https://www.nairaland.com/7431346/tinubu-vows-sue-media-orgs

Tinubu was waiting for the big media houses and not small Twitter boys

Maybe all the online supporters can put their money where their mouth is and do go fund me for the media houses. Keep the dream alive
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2022
raumdeuter:

The difference between a Benue man and a Katsina man is bigger than the difference between an Oyo and a Calabar man

Yet you want to bundle them all as Northerners and you want micro segmentation of the South into SW SE and SS

A NC man has never been President of VP too in Nigeria in our democracy, So why should they not be considered while you want a SE to be

1999 PDP ticket was sent to the South and Ekwueme SE contested against OBJ SW for it

Just like 2015 APC was sent to the North and Atiku NE contested against Buhari NW for it

Zoning is North and South. When zoned to the North it's open to NE NW and NC. When zoned to the South its open to SE SW and SS
Oshe Egbon Dayo Phd. Omo nawa ooo...Oga take it easy naa; no be only go school o smiley smiley smiley grin grin

To make agenda work, you stylishly added since democracy started in 1999 grin grin grin
The North Central is the one of the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria representing the majority of the country's Middle Belt.
States: Benue State; Kogi State; Kwara State; Nasarawa State; Niger State; Plateau ...

How come it is Benue you choose to compare to katsina? Cos atleast 3 states of NW region the political class Identify as hausa-fulani.
If the bolded had been between Ondo & Calabar I would have thought you had something else in mind grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Maybe all the online supporters can put their money where their mouth is and do go fund me for the media houses. Keep the dream alive

Honestly BAT should sue them all. Is it a crime to contest for President? They keep cooking lies, making up fallacies simply to discredit him.

They claimed he didn't go school, overdisturbed Chicago State University with enquiries until it cleared for their Eyes.

They did same with drugs ish. US have denied he has any criminal records with them, yet they keep pushing the Narrative.

Is this how to win Election? Is this how they wanna force their yeye Fraudster that his Achievements in Anambra is NEXT to nothing on us?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2022
How true is the Stat?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2022
Itsrm:

Anambra can have the lowest poverty rate under Obi and the investment he made can be worth next to nothing

The statements are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true.
Worth next to nothing is a very abstract statement. Give us details.

When a Governor skips the man that ran Anambra into debt and faces the man that kept Anambra in the black then you have to question their objectivity

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2022
Fellow Nigerians it's PO-ssible

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2022
OasisX:

grin

You don try..... rest na political talk. I won't be surprised if you're the one he denied Ticket, hence the grudges against him.

You have every right to be angry at BAT. You did believe you've paid your dues under him, yet denied opportunity to enjoy fruits of your labour.

Ooin..... I feel the pain too bruh.
grin

Na i wasn't the candidate, i have never aspired for public office. Tinubu is not a true Democrats, he is a Dictator, na my ish with him back then. But now na him age and health status and Muslim-Muslim ticket be my ish.....

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2022
Ellexy:
All of them know the disaster that is Buhari administration.
I have said it that Tinubu cannot campaign honestly without attacking Buhari's Govt, so na lies like 'renewed hope' sure pass for him..

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2022
GloriousGbola:

What will he be suing them for, for reporting what was already available for public view. The news media agencies didn't give their personal opinion on it, they only reported on the case.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2022
TrebleChamp:
grin
Na i wasn't the candidate, i have never aspired for public office. Tinubu is not a true Democrats, he is a Dictator, na my ish with him back then. But now na him age and health status and Muslim-Muslim ticket be my ish.....

grin

Tor..... E pele sir. BAT ti wole, Ere la fe fi Omo ayo se ni ojo Idibo.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2022
OasisX:

grin

Tor..... E pele sir. BAT ti wole, Ere la fe fi Omo ayo se ni ojo Idibo.
Iro nla, Obi lo ma wo le. Oro APC ti su awon omo Nigeria tongue.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2022
TrebleChamp:
I have said it that Tinubu cannot campaign honestly without attacking Buhari's Govt, so na lies like 'renewed hope' sure pass for him..
If his hands are tied now, it'll continually be tied even if by chance he gets there. He won't have any past government to blame for the mess this administration caused because of his Apc support base from the North.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2022
Olowunl01:

Oshe Egbon Dayo Phd. Omo nawa ooo...Oga take it easy naa; no be only go school o smiley smiley smiley grin grin

To make agenda work, you stylishly added since democracy started in 1999 grin grin grin
The North Central is the one of the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria representing the majority of the country's Middle Belt.
States: Benue State; Kogi State; Kwara State; Nasarawa State; Niger State; Plateau ...

How come it is Benue you choose to compare to katsina? Cos atleast 3 states of NW region the political class Identify as hausa-fulani.
If the bolded had been between Ondo & Calabar I would have thought you had something else in mind grin grin

If it's before Democracy then everyone has had their chance with SE having Ironsi and NC having Gowon

Benue is classified as a Northern state has few similarities with Katsina. If you are saying Buhari a Katsina man has taken then slot of the North which includes Benue. Then its fair to say OBJ has taken the slot of a Calabar man.

A Benue man is closer to the SE and has very little in common with Katsina for example in religion Benue are majority Christians and even ruled by Rev Father's one of the favorite to rule Benue in 2023 is a Rev Father can that happen in Katsina?
Oyo is split 50-50 in religion an Oyo and a Calabar man always find common ground in religion

Bottom line zoning is a North South thing. Once the turn comes to your zone fight it out with people there like Atiku vs Buhari and OBJ vs Ekwueme

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2022
GloriousGbola:

All those clout chasing online Twitter journalists have nothing to lose.

Keyamo recently said he doesn't know them. A SAN like Keyamo cannot be arguing with someone online who is likely begging for 10m Proof of funds

If Keyamo sues him and win where will he get money to pay

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2022
raumdeuter:

If it's before Democracy then everyone has had their chance with SE having Ironsi and NC having Gowon

Benue is classified as a Northern state has few similarities with Katsina. If you are saying Buhari a Katsina man has taken then slot of the North which includes Benue. Then its fair to say OBJ has taken the slot of a Calabar man.

A Benue man is closer to the SE and has very little in common with Katsina for example in religion Benue are majority Christians and even ruled by Rev Father's one of the favorite to rule Benue in 2023 is a Rev Father can that happen in Katsina?
Oyo is split 50-50 in religion an Oyo and a Calabar man always find common ground in religion

Bottom line zoning is a North South thing. Once the turn comes to your zone fight it out with people there like Atiku vs Buhari and OBJ vs Ekwueme
OBJ vs Ekwueme, was primaries, it should be OBJ vs Falae.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2022
Theflint1:
OBJ vs Ekwueme, was primaries, it should be OBJ vs Falae.

That was because OBJ and Falae won their party tickets. No one agreed to micrzone to SW definitely Ekwueme did not

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (5006) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: popizaino(m), monerozi5590 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.