Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:37 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (799) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1600372 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

Hausas and Fulanis understand how to play the game of politics better.

I always respect the way they take pride in their language and do speak it fluently in several occasions, unlike the average Yoruba that'll look down on you as uneducated and stupid for conversing in your mother tongue.

I have great respect for people that take pride in their culture and traditions. That's one reason I love the Ibos as well.

I think it depends on where you live.

Yorubas actually take pride in their language very well

I have never seen a Yoruba teenager that cannot speak their language

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

unlike the average Yoruba that'll look down on you as uneducated and stupid for conversing in your mother tongue.

I have great respect for people that take pride in their culture and traditions. That's one reason I love the Ibos as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyevapMBL3k

I've seen Ngozie Adichie yabbing diasporan Igbos & Igbo parents in Lagos/Abuja/Jos for not promoting indigenous languages. Majority of those Lagos born Igbos were shitting their pant wen we enter hall to write GS108 in NAU. laslas dem park F give dem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
seankafor:
the igbos takes pride in their culture.. but not their language..

We don't joke with our Igbo culture bro, but when it comes to language, some people prefer conversing in English language than Igbo language
Okay. Language, religion, values, norms, customs all lie under the umbrella term culture.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:

Not the Yorubas mostly in Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo. It's the ones in Oyo and Osun that take pride in the local culture mainly.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

Not the Yorubas mostly in Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo. It's the ones in Oyo and Osun that take pride in the local culture mainly.

Well, i think that's a general issue with all tribes.

Igbos far from home don't take pride in cultures, as much as those in the East too

The same goes for the North too. My cousin has northern muslim girls in his school that don't put on Hijabs everytime.

I think it affects all, not just Yorubas
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2022
If this Elrufai's video is what it is,

Hmmmmmm

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Havertz10: 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2022
seankafor:
the igbos takes pride in their culture.. but not their language..

We don't joke with our Igbo culture bro, but when it comes to language, some people prefer conversing in English language than Igbo language
Which nonsense culture? How has that counterproductive concept benefited your people? The sooner you people shun stupid things like tribes and senseless social differences the better. it’s the same inherent desires that you share with Hausa, Yoruba and others, y’all want a better life for your people and for future generations, tribalism just delays pluralism of common desires.

And based on my observations, your people are very tribalistic, the sad part is that because of your limited influence in Nigeria, it’s so easy for others to use that same premise to segregate your people. Wake the Bleep up abeg.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:

This I can testify to.. Even those who grew outside Lagos.

I dunno if its a requirement of a Yoruba home, I admire it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by StarchAndBanga: 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2022
Havertz10:
Which nonsense culture? How has that counterproductive concept benefited your people? The sooner you people shun stupid things like tribes and senseless social differences the better. it’s the same inherent desires that you share with Hausa, Yoruba and others, y’all want a better life for your people and for future generations, tribalism just delays pluralism of common desires.

And based on my observations, your people are very tribalistic, the sad part is that because of your limited influence in Nigeria, it’s so easy for others to use that same premise to segregate your people. Wake the Bleep up abeg.

Is there any tribe in Nigeria that's not tribalistic?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by StarchAndBanga: 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:
If this Elrufai's video is what it is,

Hmmmmmm
I no dey trust all these Twitter videos. U fit come later find out say e been dey doctored.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:

Well, i think that's a general issue with all tribes.

Igbos far from home don't take pride in cultures, as much as those in the East too

The same goes for the North too. My cousin has northern muslim girls in his school that don't put on Hijabs everytime.

I think it affects all, not just Yorubas
Yes, it affects all tribes.

But the Yorubas are worst. You'd agree with me that most abokis we see around in Lagos converse freely in their mother tongue, even the educated ones.

But in Lagos and those other states I mentioned earlier, 8 out of 10 Yorubas will look at you somehow for speaking in Yoruba at public events containing mostly Yorubas.

The colonial mentality has built this feeling of inferiority complex in the mind of the educated class that speaking Yoruba makes one dull and uneducated.

The average educated Yoruba will see you as intelligent when you write and speak in English correctly and unintelligent and local if you converse a lot in the mother tongue.

But communicating well in any language generally is a key sign of intelligence, not really in English in particular.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2022
Havertz10:

what are you blabbing bro undecided

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2022
liveLongNprospa:

Don't worry... By the time I am through with you, you'll be YUSFUL grin

Look at the nonsense this guy is saying

By the time you're done with who? grin

Your mum is using table cloth for carpet in her parlour, you did not 'done with her'

Your mum is walking around barefoot in an uncompleted building, you did not 'done with her'

Your mum's bedroom window literally has no glass but you did not 'done with her'

You ran out of food at home and had to feed your dog your slippers for dinner, but it is Nihilist on the internet that you want to be done with.

Internet clout is a hell of a drug.

Calabar Snoopdogg, Heed this gospel below and stop fighting through the tears rolling down your bald face right now because yoy want to form unbothered online

DissTroy:

But if you are broke and wasting valuable time refreshing the pages of Nairaland then it's your fault you are broke. The last thing such a person needs is debating and basking in the fleeting satisfaction of 'likes" when he or she should be on Freecodecamp and Sololearn learning monetizable coding skills and building a stacked portfolio.

Prioritising would help you overcome being broke

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Havertz10: 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
StarchAndBanga:

Is there any tribe in Nigeria that's not tribalistic?

Most are subtle with their tribalism, I only singled out the Igbos because they are shamelessly blunt about it and it’s doesn’t help them at all.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
Havertz10:

It's unnatural to say that people should shun their culture. Cultures, as Prof Hofstede, one of the foremost anthropologists of the modern era, said, are the software of the mind.

They're mental programmings, like religion, a key aspect of culture.

You can't do without having a culture, just like you can't survive without air.

However, people should shun bad elements of the indigenous cultures and do away with those customs and beliefs replete with superstition and barbaric practices such as ritual killings, the Osu caste system, burning of so-called witches and wizards who might have some mental health issues, etc.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CAPdan21(m): 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
Btw who's read infantino bombshell on the world cup today....Thoughts??
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2022
seankafor:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Did you attend FACLOMSS? I remember you are an Owerri guy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2022
CAPdan21:
Btw who's read infantino bombshell on the world cup today....Thoughts??

He was absolutely right.

The US men's national team did something that I found particularly irritating, by using the rainbow colour scheme on their badge in Qatar, after the Qatari's said they don't want any gay PDA. In their country

Qatar is a Muslim country. Islam permits polygamy. The US won't allow Qataris in the US to marry more than one wife because Bigamy is there is a criminal offence.

There is a huge deal of hypocrisy coming from Western nations at this point in time. Fam, just shut up, play your football and go back to your country in 28 days

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2022
nihilistjnr:

He was absolutely right.

The US men's national team did something that I found particularly irritating, by using the rainbow colour scheme on their badge in Qatar, after the Qatari's said they don't want any gay PDA. In their country

Qatar is a Muslim country. Islam permits polygamy. The US won't allow Qataris in the US to marry more than one wife because Bigamy is there is a criminal offence.

There is a huge deal of hypocrisy coming from Western nations at this point in time. Fam, just shut up, play your football and go back to your country in 28 days
USA won't even pass the group stage

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Havertz10: 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

It's unnatural to say that people should shun their culture. Cultures, as Prof Hofstede, one of the foremost anthropologists of the modern era, said, are the software of the mind.

They're mental programmings, like religion, a key aspect of culture.

You can't do without having a culture, just like you can't survive without air.

However, people should shun bad elements of the indigenous cultures and do away with those customs and beliefs replete with superstition and barbaric practices such as ritual killings, the Osu caste system, burning of so-called witches and wizards who might have some mental health issues, etc.
let’s go back to the dawn of time itself, was there anything like culture? Culture is a manufactured social construct that was designed to segregate people into different social circles, I could understand it’s usefulness in the past for socializing and identity but in today’s world, it’s totally unnecessary, it doesn’t serve any meaningful purpose today other than to promote division

And anybody that needs a cultural construct behind them to have a sense of self needs to grow the Bleep up.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CAPdan21(m): 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2022
nihilistjnr:

He was absolutely right.

I agree, if they really cared about protecting their so called rights they would boycott the tournament but no, they want to enforce their rule in another country...This is not even talking about many American and English companies acting as sponsors for the tournament...I remember the hullabaloo when Idrissa gueye refused to wear rainbow on his shirt when at psg...Hypocrites

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2022
nihilistjnr:

He was absolutely right.

nervously Scrubs pics of micro gbola and pot belly and 20inch crt from post history

I disagree.

For the reason that Qatar chose to bid and host the show. There have been over scores of sports festivals held over the globe over the last century and anyone bidding for a sports festival knows what comes with it.

Nobody was desperately looking for a host. Countries are the ones looking to host the games

Sports tourists are typically well Heeled and from liberal economies. Successful athletes are colourful and often scandalous characters.

None of this is is hidden knowledge

Dubai is looking to the future and have decided tourism is the future. They are gradually phasing out Islamic law because you can only really enforce that on migrant workers who want your money
Tourists, whose money you want, will simply go elsewhere.

It's like saying I want to host Woodstock and I don't want weed.

This goes beyond gays. Qatar is an autocratic theocracy.

Even slightly ironic as Arab men have strong bro vibes, holding hands, hugging and all that

The other day I saw a video of Qatari security harassing a journalist who had been issued a pass.

You want to watch football without beer? Without saucy female fans? With restrictions on taking pictures?

Football is a western invention and it comes with western vices

Hey I want to be a cool guy so I'm going to throw the mother of all house parties. You guys are all invited. But see in my party - no fking. No booze. No loud music. But we're gonna rock and have a good time, right?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2022
Havertz10:
let’s go back to the dawn of time itself, was there anything like culture? Culture is a manufactured social construct that was designed to segregate people into different social circles, I could understand it’s usefulness in the past for socializing and identity but in today’s world, it’s totally unnecessary, it doesn’t serve any meaningful purpose today other than to promote division

And anybody that needs a cultural construct behind them to have a sense of self needs to grow the Bleep up.
Culture started existing when man evolved social (especially communication) skills. For example, without a language (one of the elements of culture), you can't interact with others.

And without social interactions, the society, as we know it, breaks down, and our existence will be in jeopardy.

That's why Aristotle said, "man is a social animal." No one can survive in isolation.

You need the elements of culture, which are language, norms, values, customs, and beliefs (religion), to socialize and relate with other people.

And yes, culture is a social construct. All things we humans use are one form of construct or the other, including the religion that Nigerians cherish the most.

There's no man without a culture. Have you seen one?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by StarchAndBanga: 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2022
nihilistjnr:

He was absolutely right.

U couldn't have said it any better..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2022
grin

Suddenly every Obidense understands hausa language perfectly. Our God is indeed a wonderful God.

Izzou..... you actually believe that cut and join clip too? You should have asked for the whole clip bro, instead of believing that shiit.

Note: El Rufai was talking about himself not BAT. Ask Aboki wey dey ride Okada near you for clear Translation and Underestanding.

https://twitter.com/IU_Wakilii/status/1593933680355192833?t=98z5FtPBKVMEdtjsGr6GJA&s=19

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
OasisX:
grin

Suddenly every Obidense understands hausa language perfectly. Our God is indeed a wonderful God.

Izzou..... you actually believe and cut and join clip too? You should have asked for the whole clip bro, instead of believing that shiit.

Note: El Rufai was talking about himself not BAT. Ask Aboki wey dey ride Okada near you for clear Translation and Underestimating.

https://twitter.com/IU_Wakilii/status/1593933680355192833?t=98z5FtPBKVMEdtjsGr6GJA&s=19

I said....."IF"

angry angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
Culture is the way of life of a people. There has and will always be culture; culture evolves, and some faster than others. Your believing you don't need a "cultural construct" to dictate the way you live your life is a culture in itself, one you share with those that hold similar belief.
Havertz10:

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:

I said....."IF"

angry angry

grin

..... who is Chief Propaganda again by the way? Batists or Obidense?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2022

"Football is a western invention and it comes with western vices"

GloriousGbola, collect abeg...

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Scrubs pics from post history

I disagree.

For the reason that Qatar chose to bid and host the show. There have been over scores of sports festivals held over the globe over the last century and anyone bidding for a sports festival knows what comes with it.

Nobody was desperately looking for a host. Countries are the ones looking to host the games

Sports tourists are typically well Heeled and from liberal economies. Successful athletes are colourful and often scandalous characters.

None of this is is hidden knowledge

Dubai is looking to the future and have decided tourism is the future. They are gradually phasing out Islamic law because you can only really enforce that on migrant workers who want your money
Tourists, whose money you want, will simply go elsewhere.

It's like saying I want to host Woodstock and I don't want weed.

This goes beyond gays. Qatar is an autocratic theocracy.

Even slightly ironic as Arab men have strong bro vibes, holding hands, hugging and all that

The other day I saw a video of Qatari security harassing a journalist who had been issued a pass.

You want to watch football without beer? Without saucy female fans? With restrictions on taking pictures?

Football is a western invention and it comes with western vices

I agree with your views on western vices and sports tourism.

But I also assert that every country should have the rights to set their own laws.

That's why I gave the example of polygamy. Did the USA legalise polygamy for well heeled Qatari Muslim visitors to any sports event there?

So why should Qatar be forced to accept something that is fundamentally alien to their culture?

Israel, their middle Eastern neighbour that shares significant cultural elements in Qatar took the step of advising all Israeli visitors to Qatar to downplay their Jewish Heritage for the duration of the world cup

Their house, their rules bro.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2022
OasisX:

grin

..... who is Chief Propaganda again by the way? Batists or Obidense?!

Both of una

But currently, Obidients are leading in possession

(1) (2) (3) ... (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: LordAdam16, Ibime(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.