Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (801) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1601236 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) ... (4891) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2022
afrodoc2:

Guy! Funnel-web spider ain't no joke.

I know na. That is the level of shit posting I dey drop.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Anyways we can defend the Qatari rights to do their own thing, but abeg no one should go and see expression of theocracy in action. Unless you are going as a worker and you already know exactly what's up.

Abike no get energy for Arab dictators. And our passport is not rated.

The die is cast jare. cry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroyer: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2022
DissTroy:
"Nobody knows anybody off Nairaland".

Don't believe that, man. Nobody here is anonymous. As long as you make a lot of comments on Nairaland and get in heated exchanges, you unwittingly reveal more information than you realize or intend to about yourself.

Many of you here were battle rappers on Nairaland from 12 years ago. You tagged yourselves on Facebook a lot then. Some of those Facebook accounts are dormant now. With Facebook advanced search and the right keywords, one can always connect the dots by juxtaposing the information on Nairaland. Then add Twitter advanced search.

We are only seemingly anonymous until we trigger someone to look into us. Cybersecurity is 40% an understudy of behavioural psychology and connecting the dots. One doesn't even need to trace IP addresses to do so.

I have identified many Nairalanders on Facebook and Twitter by connecting dots.

Even Sexkillz is now an influencer on Twitter yet he was active before my time on Nairaland. Nobody is anonymous.

Like I stated days ago, anômymity is a myth. I'm certain he thought he could hide behind the curtains of anønymity to insūlt needlessly.

Triggér someone enough to look into you and that anonymous facéde is razéd with firē.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2022
raumdeuter:

If you want to hang Qatar for using slave labor and still practicing slavery then I am for that any other thing I am seeing it as the arrogance of some nations and culture thinking some nation and culture do not deserve to host a WORLD cup because of whatever

They are shouting that Qatar bribed when every host nation has been bribing to get hosting rights I remember how France chanced Morroco to host France 98. Even talks of the world cup interrupting their domestic season

Well Qatar could have decided to host an event where from the beginning everyone going there would be on their toes.

A trade fair, ICT show something that brings in business people whose eyes are on the money and opportunities and who will not rock the boat.

Qatar Hosting the world Cup is for me a stodgy rich guy trying to reinvent himself as a cool guy and then still being stodgy.

I have to wonder what rules Saudi put in place for their wwe which ironically featured infidels in their underwear

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Well Qatar could have decided to host an event where from the beginning everyone going there would be on their toes.

A trade fair, ICT show something that brings in business people whose eyes are on the money and opportunities and who will not rock the boat.

Qatar Hosting the world Cup is for me a stodgy rich guy trying to reinvent himself as a cool guy and then still being stodgy.

I have to wonder what rules Saudi put in place for their wwe which ironically featured infidels in their underwear

Football though invented in the west was sold to the entire world and everyone was allowed into FIFA. When they were establishing FIFA they didn't tell them there are some rules they should abide by.
They didn't tell them there are only certain people who can host us.
Every country or culture has its own unique rules and we are not going to bend our rules just for you. It's why Britanny Griner is in jail for a crime that gets a pass in many countries. When traveling the onus is on you to study the culture you are going and make adjustments.
I suspect when a polygamous man relocates to the west he cannot maintain that setup in the new country without flouting the law

There are many things I can hang Qatar for and number 1 will be the slave labor thing not freedom to drink beer if beer is doctor prescribed then stay at home
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BanyXchi: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

Hausas and Fulanis understand how to play the game of politics better.

I always respect the way they take pride in their language and do speak it fluently in several occasions, unlike the average Yoruba that'll look down on you as uneducated and stupid for conversing in your mother tongue.

I have great respect for people that take pride in their culture and traditions. That's one reason I love the Ibos as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyevapMBL3k
this is very ironic lol, pls speak for your family alone oh, no one takes their language serious as much as Yorubas... Maybe only the woke Yoruba liberals in Lagos but they are a small loud minority. There's a reason why Yoruba culture is the most famous in Europe, north America and south America.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Blueraydick don't sleep wake up

Omo, sleep carry me go o, but I'm still reading the thread from where I left it.

I miss Raumdeuter's "matter" wey he post( he Don remove am), just like I missed his guns that day.

I still get like 7 pages of Vawulence to catch up with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
So Wike yesterday said people has been asking him where he is getting money to do all the projects he's doing.

He said Buhari was the one that paid all the backlog of the 13% derivation to all the Niger Delta State from 1999. You begin to wonder what exactly other State Governors did with their own allocations.

Months ago, Wike also said Buhari FG refunded Rivers State Govt 78bn for federal roads done by previous River State govt.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Ride on Pastor!!!

Gba si be, jare!!!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2022
BanyXchi:
this is very ironic lol, pls speak for your family alone oh, no one takes their language serious as much as Yorubas... Maybe only the woke Yoruba liberals in Lagos but they are a small loud minority. There's a reason why Yoruba culture is the most famous in Europe, north America and south America.

Lol. You people don't know who you are arguing with.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BanyXchi: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

Not the Yorubas mostly in Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo. It's the ones in Oyo and Osun that take pride in the local culture mainly.
Lol ekiti and Ondo? Are you Yoruba at all?... I can agree with lag and maybe Ogun but other yoruba states take pride in Yoruba culture.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2022
larride:
So Wike yesterday said people has been asking him where he is getting money to do all the projects he's doing.

He said Buhari was the one that paid all the backlog of the 13% derivation to all the Niger Delta State from 1999. You begin to wonder what exactly other State Governors did with their own allocations.

Months ago, Wike also said Buhari FG refunded Rivers State Govt 78bn for federal roads done by previous River State govt.
Kudos to PMB. I won't be surprise if Wike was in PMB'S position he won't return Shi Shi. grin cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2022
BanyXchi:
As I said before, only Yorubas in Oyo and Osun states mainly take the Yoruba culture seriously.

Those in other states such as Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti prefer mainly conversing in English than in Yoruba and prefer the ways of the West.

The transatlantic slave trade made the Yoruba culture known in countries like Brazil, Cuba, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, Portugal, and the US. When slave trading was being practised in Africa before the 19th century, Western education hadn't been introduced Western education into Yorubaland.

Western education was introduced in Yorubaland in the 19th century by the British missionaries, after GB abolished slave-trading.

So, those Yorubas that took the Yoruba culture abroad during the slave-trading era weren't educated using the Western system of education.

Get your facts right.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2022
BanyXchi:
Lol ekiti and Ondo? Are you Yoruba at all?... I can agree with lag and maybe Ogun but other yoruba states take pride in Yoruba culture.
No, omo nna nimi. Educated people in those states (and they've many of them) give preference to English.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

As I said before, only Yorubas in Oyo and Osun states mainly take the Yoruba culture seriously.

Those in other states such as Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti prefer mainly conversing in English than in Yoruba and prefer the ways of the West.

The transatlantic slave trade made the Yoruba culture known in countries like Brazil, Cuba, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, Portugal, and the US. When slave trading was being practised in Africa before the 19th century, Western education hadn't been introduced Western education into Yorubaland.

Western education was introduced in Yorubaland in the 19th century by the British missionaries, after GB abolished slave-trading.

So, those Yorubas that took the Yoruba culture abroad during the slave-trading era weren't educated using the Western system of education.

Get your facts right.

Do you have your facts on this?

Because i sometimes (if not more), have to tell them i am not Yoruba, so they can switch to English
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:

Because i sometimes (if not more), have to tell them i am not Yoruba, so they can switch to English
You must be referring to the uneducated ones, the market women especially.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

You must be referring to the uneducated ones, the market women especially.

The educated ones bro.

No jokes.

When i told you that i have never met a Yoruba teenager that cannot speak their language, I am dead serious.

They converse in their language comfortably. Maybe not everytime, but it is much more compared to other tribes i have met.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:

grin

He's saying absolutely rubbish. In fact I'm not too sure he's being to those States he mentioned.

Go to Abeokuta, Ota, Sagamu and Co and you'll barely hear English or even Pidgin. Ekiti.....? Like seriously..... LMFAO. Both Ekiti and Ondo find joy in their dialects like Ijebus and Egbas in Ogun State.

Its only in Lagos its common and its because its a cosmopolitan State, and not every part sef.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2022
OasisX:

grin

He's saying absolutely rubbish. In fact I'm not too sure he's being to those States he mentioned.

Go to Abeokuta, Ota, Sagamu and Co and you'll barely hear English or even Pidgin. Ekiti.....? Like seriously..... LMFAO. Both Ekiti and Ondo find joy in their dialects like Ijebus and Egbas in Ogun State.

Its only in Lagos, and not every part sef.

An average Yoruba kid in secondary school will confidently converse with you in Yoruba if you switch.

Even the ajebo ones sef can do it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2022
grin

Meanwhile, BAT is presently shutting down Warri!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E-WhJHgBUA
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:

The educated ones bro.

No jokes.

When i told you that i have never met a Yoruba teenager that cannot speak their language, I am dead serious.

They converse in their language comfortably. Maybe not everytime, but it is much more compared to other tribes i have met.
I never said Yoruba teenagers don't speak Yoruba. But English is the primary language.

Those teenagers you said consider English as the best language in the world and a sure sign of civilization, and even the older ones too. Na wetin I dey talk be that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2022

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:

An average Yoruba kid in secondary school will confidently converse with you in Yoruba if you switch.

Even the ajebo ones sef can do it.

grin

Some Grannies are beginning to speak against teaching Children English Language at tender age sef. They would tell you, let them understand their origin, their source first, they'll learn English Language at Schools when they grow up.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

I never said Yoruba teenagers don't speak Yoruba. But English is the primary language.

Those teenagers you said consider English as the best language in the world and a sure sign of civilization, and even the older ones too. Na wetin I dey talk be that

This is nonsense. English is not the primary language among teenagers anywhere in Yoruba land. And before you argue unnecessarily, I lived there for 17 years.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

Get your facts right.

Lmao grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2022
Itsrm:

This is nonsense. English is not the primary language among teenagers anywhere in Yoruba land. And before you argue unnecessarily, I lived there for 17 years.

grin

He should concentrate on his calling, otemizing the Believers, cos his take so far is seriously dropping his ratings on this Board.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

I think the issue with language is determined by where you find yourself; the kind of people in your community.

English is the most accepted, and what everybody understands. So in a community where you have Igbos, Deltans, Efiks, Hausa, etc, the ideal language you should speak is English. Anything short of this may come out offensive, or make you the odd one.

But i don't think you should translate that to them not taking pride in adopting their language. It's mostly determined by where they live
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:

I think the issue with language is determined by where you find yourself; the kind of people in your community.

English is the most accepted, and what everybody understands. So in a community where you have Igbos, Deltans, Efiks, Hausa, etc, the ideal language you should speak is English. Anything short of this may come out offensive, or make you the odd one.

But i don't think you should translate that them not taking pride in adopting their language. It's mostly determined by where they live

Pidgin Bruh!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2022
Itsrm:

I initially quoted a post about El-Rufai addressing some people in Hausa. Is he a teenager?

My posts are centered on the older ones.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BanyXchi: 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

Get your facts right.
Pls that's not true for ekiti and Ondo especially Ondo people.... I repeat they are rooted deep in yoruba culture.

And yes I agree I shouldn't have mentioned South and North America because of TAST, but still Yoruba culture is more in Europe than any indigenous culture in the continent. The Igbos here in UK infact many of them speak Yoruba than their own language. I find it surprising that you think Yorubas don't like to speak their language or culture except from Oyo and Osun.. lol where are you based pls?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
OasisX:

Pidgin Bruh!

Lol

I was just using the worst case scenario of Ajebos,
since his emphasis was on educated ones
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

I initially quoted a post about El-Rufai addressing some people in Hausa. Is he a teenager?

My posts are centered on the older ones.

Elrufai was probably talking to an Hausa media or was in the midst of his kinsmen

You shouldn't use that as any yardstick naa

(1) (2) (3) ... (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) ... (4891) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: GloriousGbola, A40(m), liveLongNprospa(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.