Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:24 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (803) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1610175 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) ... (4925) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2022
nihilistjnr:
Yoruba is so dominant in the southwest that you have incorporate Yoruba into your music if you want to have any chance of blowing.

Afrobeats is pretty much urbanised Yoruba music.

Almost every month, people complain on Twitter about the Yoruba tax in the music industry.

I dont know where he came across his own fact
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2022
larride:

Bros when Yoruba politicians are talking with their people, they speak Yoruba bro. YORUBA.

Infact most of the campaign slogan in Yoruba land are always in Yoruba.

I dont know what you are driving at really.

Even in nearby Kwara, we have Otoge grin
English is primary and Yoruba is secondary even among Yorubas. For Hausas, Hausa is primary and English is secondary.

That's what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

I no know where you see Otem for here. E be like say you like that name.

What I'm saying is what the guy has said himself. Why would Yoruba teachers (the common practice) punish students for their mother tongue (vernacular)?

They prefer students speak English most times while in school.

grin

Of course I like Otem coz he's a peaceful god.

Do you send Kids to School to learn Yoruba or Text Books are written in Ijebu dialect?!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2022
OasisX:

grin

Do you send Kids to School to learn Yoruba or Text Books are written in Ijebu dialect?!
To learn Yoruba and learn other required things.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2022
Itsrm:

I think baba should stick to preaching the gospel of Otem as you said grin

grin

I don talk am, he should keep on otemising the Believers.... that's his true calling.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2022
Itsrm:

I think baba should stick to preaching the gospel of Otem as you said grin

You're just a confused m.oron. What's the gospel of Otem? Where he tell you say he get gospel. Omo ode.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

To learn Yoruba and learn other required things.

grin

Baba Otem..... you don win. Mi o lagbaja fun wahala.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

I no know where you see Otem for here. E be like say you like that name.

What I'm saying is what the guy has said himself. Why would Yoruba teachers (the common practice) punish students for their mother tongue (vernacular)?

They prefer students speak English most times while in school.

Chemistry, Physics and Biology textbooks are written in English

Do you expect the teacher to start interpreting it in Yoruba?

Or they should use Yoruba to teach English language?

Did you also consider that the class is usually mixed too?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2022
OasisX:

grin

Baba Otem..... you don win. Mi o lagbaja fun wahala.
I think sey you get sense before. If you need to engage Otem, mention his moniker and stop hallucinating.

I've only this account on Nairaland.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

I think sey you get sense before. If you need to engage Otem, mention his moniker and stop hallucinating.

I've only this account on Nairaland.

grin

E ma binu Egbon. Mi o mo pe E se ti Otemu mo. No vex bruh, didn't know you've forsaken Otem.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2022
izzou:

Chemistry, Physics and Biology textbooks are written in English

Do you expect the teacher to start interpreting it in Yoruba?

Or they should use Yoruba to teach English language?

Did you also consider that the class is usually mixed too?
You've the Bible in Yoruba. Those subjects can be taught in the mother tongue, too.

They're better taught in Yoruba. When teaching students in secondary school Physics and Math, I do mostly in Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

You're just a confused m.oron. What's the gospel of Otem? Where he tell you say he get gospel. Omo ode.

Stick to spreading the gospel of Otem grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2022
OasisX:

grin

E ma binu Egbon. Mi o mo pe E se ti Otemu mo. No vex bruh, didn't know you've forsaken Otem.
I didn't know you eat and drink anything Otem. That's why you must mention the moniker daily here.

I'm repeating it again to stop saying this is Otem's moniker here.

Are you sure you're okay? Stop hallucinating.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

Why punish a student for speaking his mother tongue (vernacular)? A Hausa man would never do that.

That's the crux of my argument.

So why were you saying Yorubas prefer speaking in English when you are admitting here they are "forced" to speak in English by their teachers through punishment.

If they prefer speaking in English, why does the teacher need to punish grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

I didn't know you eat and drink anything Otem. That's why you must mention the moniker daily here.

I'm repeating it again to stop saying this is Otem's moniker here.

Are you sure you're okay? Stop hallucinating.

grin

... ain't you getting it? You're not Otem, everyone knows. Just one of his Disciples and Envagelists.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2022
Itsrm:

My brain dey leak grin
Can you state the gospel of Otem? Do so with proofs.

Prove to me that you're not a nonentity.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by StarchAndBanga: 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

You've the Bible in Yoruba. Those subjects can be taught in the mother tongue, too.

They're better taught in Yoruba. When teaching students in secondary school Physics and Math, I do mostly in Yoruba.

So the school/schools u teach, only Yoruba students attend those schools or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2022
Itsrm:

So why were you saying Yorubas prefer speaking in English when you are admitting here they are "forced" to speak in English by their teachers through punishment.

You're just a confused fool. The teachers are mostly Yoruba.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
Itsrm:

cheesy

Baba is confused..... LMFAO
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
StarchAndBanga:

So the school/schools u teach, only Yoruba students attend those schools or what?

I just tire...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

They're better taught in Yoruba[b]. When teaching students in secondary school Physics and Math[/b], I do mostly in Yoruba.

How do you define the concepts of say refraction in physics, or differentiation and integration in maths in Yoruba?

I'm interested in this

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

What do you call momentum, angular velocity, acceleration, refractive index, convex, concave, focal point, gravitational pull, escape velocity in Yoruba

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
StarchAndBanga:

Teaching isn't only done in schools.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

Can you state the gospel of Otem? Do so with proofs.

Prove to me that you're not a nonentity.

Stick to spreading the gospel of Otem. grin

The way this thing dey pain you, try get rid of any rope around you before you tie am for ceiling and decide to end it all cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2022
OasisX:

cheesy

Baba is confused..... LMFAO

grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2022
grin

nihilistjnr and raumdeuter carry armor tanks come area boys quarrel..... haba!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2022
raumdeuter:

What do you call momentum, angular velocity, acceleration, refractive index, convex, concave, focal point, gravitational pull, escape velocity in Yoruba
They retain their names in English since the roots of most of those terms are Greek and Latin anyway.

Physics itself is from ancient Greek. Most terms in Physics are borrowed words.

But I describe the concepts in Yoruba.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2022
Itsrm:

Stick to spreading the gospel of Otem. grin

The way this thing dey pain you, try get rid of any rope around you before you tie am for ceiling and decide to end it all cheesy

You've successfully shown you're a nonentity since you can't post the gospel of Otem here.

It only exists in your tiny, hallucinating mind.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2022
nihilistjnr:

How do you define the concepts of say refraction in physics, or differentiation and integration in maths in Yoruba?

I'm interested in this

I've tried it before in the North when I was in NYSC because those guys didn't understand any English.

It was even harder than anyone could think

How do you explain acid and base in local dialect

Most of the things we learn in science are even abstract and you have to use your imagination which is already a challenge

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by StarchAndBanga: 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2022
A001:

Teaching isn't only done in schools.
Oh.. I get u now.

But u don't expect teachers in school to do thesame when there might be other students in class who are not Yoruba
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2022
nihilistjnr:

I'm interested in this
Differentiation, integration all deal with the rate of change of a quantity with respect to time.

This can be simply explained in Yoruba.

The terms will retain their name in Yoruba as well. But the concept can be taught in Yoruba successfully with the aid of YouTube videos.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2022
StarchAndBanga:

Oh.. I get u now.

But u don't expect teachers in school to do thesame when there might be other students in class who are not Yoruba
No. It's strictly for Yorubas. When I was in school and during NYSC, most of the students I taught on a private basis are Yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) ... (4925) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Excelboi(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.