Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,118 members, 7,890,712 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:47 PM

5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria (38098 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Ordinary 4 bedroom? Even here in Chicago, you can get one of those for about $130,000 and I am talking only a couple of minutes from downtown. Na wa ooo!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

It must be the location in New York the prices are around the range I posted. And New York and Texas are the main areas in which Nigerian Immigrants enter the US.

norrisman:

Sorry but this guy shouldbe called [b]Ode[/b]mchi as in [b]Ode[/b]chukwu Jonathan. I do not want to diss anyone becuase of their level of education but you must be either educated to a very low level or you are just plain dumb. All your examples are so meh!

1. Taking up credit is a personal choice. You do not have to make use of credit facilities but it may be necessary to do so to build your credit if you plan to buy a house in the future as you do not find overnight millioanires in america who can afford to buy a $500,000 house cash like you do in that mad country Nigeria where government officials use the peoples commowealth for themselves.

2. The 24 hour system is part of what makes the country and very few people work are compelled to do 12 hour shifts. even when you do a 12 hour shift, you ahve the appropriate number of days off. If you care to know my dads driver in Nigeria arrives at my house at 6Am in the morning and only leaves after droping my dad off at 10/11pm and he does this 6 days a week. sometimes he is asked to come on Sundays as well and there is no official overtime! how many ours is that. The same goes for the boys in my mums shop. 8am to 7pm Monday to Saturday for N12,000/ month.

3. Professional devalue my a$$. In the western world, experience counts. All your paper cerificates are worthless! What do you expect? To walk of the plane and into a $100,000/ year job? Wake up mofo! pay your dues.

4 Does any memebr of your family have N83,000,000 cash to pay for a house. Cut your coat. Tthere are house way cheaper than that. You can get $50,000 house in some run down parts of Atlanta if you can afford it. Please give me the contact details of the car seller in Nigeria where I can buy 2 brand new SUVs for N6.6million.

5. Screw native language. can Barack Obama speak Kenayan or whatever they speak over in kenya? Is he not the bloody president.

In summary, You are not a very bright spark!

@ Norrisman
You arent very bright yourself. How many Nigerians coming to America are doctors, lawyers, and millionares? Most Nigerians entering America are in the American "poor" class and they take up meager jobs, often many part time jobs at once. Its a shame that you dont embrace your native language and are speeding up the process of extinction for whichever ethnicity you are. Again I do not want to be an Obama in the sense that I will be the most powerful man in the world but will not know anything about my culture.

About the car, I know someone who is a major exporter of cars to Ngeria and sold a brand new Ford explorer for around N2M
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by GAR3TH(m): 9:48pm On Jul 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Ordinary 4 bedroom? Even here in Chicago, you can get one of those for about $130,000 and I am talking only a couple of minutes from downtown. You can even get a good house in some states for about $30,000 or more. Na wa ooo!! Must everyone own a $500,000 how now, to live in america. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Are you sure? The average 4 bedroom home in New York is Around $350k, and these are suburban homes 40 to 50 miles from NY city.

I didn't know chicago was that bad of a city, or is the home you mention in a bad neighborhood,

Feel free to search.

http://www.homes.com/For-Sale/NY/ISLIP/maxprice=500000&listing_type=RESALE_FORECLOSURE
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 9:52pm On Jul 22, 2011
GAR3TH:

Are you sure? The average 4 bedroom home in New York is Around $350k, and these are suburban homes 40 to 50 miles from NY city.

I didn't know chicago was that bad of a city, or is the "home" you mention in a bad neighborhood,

Feel free to search.

http://www.homes.com/For-Sale/NY/ISLIP/maxprice=500000&listing_type=RESALE_FORECLOSURE

Thank you, that seems like the minmum and that itself is N58 million. 30k USD for a decent home is a joke. Even a dilipidated shack will not be that cheap.

jara:

Odumchi,

You have very valid points.

The problem is we always look at those that are lucky in the U.S, like you have to play loto to win. It is a difficult country and many times inhuman to its own people too.

On the other hand, we also look at the worst in Nigeria. If you can stay middleclass, there is no place like Nigeria. But if you are dirt poor, any place but Nigeria. So it depends on how you look at it.

People will never believe you until they try and some of those that try also lie. One should know in advance what is waiting for them in the USA. No place like home.

Thanks, i appreciate it when people can peacefully table their ideas.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by ektbear: 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2011
One think to keep in mind is that America is huge, underpopulated, and has excellent roads and transportation networks. So you can afford to do the equivalent of living in Abeokuta and commute to Lagos in 30 minutes.

This helps keeps down cost of living.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2011
odumchi:

Have you always dreamt about going to America? Many Nigerians envision America as a land of gold and honey. A land where the government showers you daily with piles of cash, and a land where everything is free. Well, they are wrong. There is nothing of that sort in America, and recent studies and accounts have shown that it is actually better for you to stay in Nigeria than it is to go to America. Here are five reasons why.

1. Debt: The mirage that anything and everything is possible in America is a lie. Worst of all, to new immigrants, the amount of credit offered in America is so attractive that by the time you know it, you will be chin deep in Debt. Debt that will most likely take you the rest of your natural life, and half of your children's to pay off.

1) I am sure they didnt put a gun to your head to take those credit? These are very optional If you choose to drown yourself in debt How is that anyones problem. Moreover if you take the debt to do something worthwhile like go to School or start a business why would you complain. Do you know the amount of Debt Dangote and otedola owe?

The lack of credit is what ruins Nigeria, Everyone who has a business idea has to look for cash to finance it.

2. Stress: America is the capital of stress. With 12 hour shifts and continuos work, the labour takes a heavy toll on its people, unlike in Nigeria. In Nigeria, you are the boss. You decide when to work and for how long. There is not a widespread practice of 24hour shifts and round the clock work, making it much better for your health and etc. The Stress in America might cause diseases previousl unexperienced by the average Nigerian. Diseases such as High-blood pressure, Hyper tension, and Arthiritis.

At least in America you get paid for the stress and once again its optional.

Most people who work in Lagos and especially VI, Wake up by 4-5am and dont return home till 10-11pm and are still paid their meagre income.

In Nigeria you are which boss? Tell the people working in banks that they are the boss, Boss of who? Abeg no dey sell us porkies here Like most of us never worked in Nigeria.

3. Professional Devalue: America can be a welcoming place for highly educated and well-off immigrants but also a nightmare for others. It is often known as the "graveyard of occupations" meaning that one's previous education and occupation can easily be rendered worthless in America. There was a woman who was very well off in Nigeria. She was the head chef of a 5-star hotel back in Nigeria and upon her arrival in the US, her degree and occupation was declared worthelss. She was turned down by many other hotels and had to assume a job as a frycook at McDonalds. There is also another account of a Local Governor from Nigeria who held many outstanding degrees from Universities in Nigeria, but was denied a reasonable job in America. In short, their lives were restarted.

Of course why wont they devalue you? What is the worth of your degree until you can make it a productive one? Imagine everyone on NL claims to be a graduate and by their level of reasoning and even English if i were their hiring managers I would doubt their so called education.

In your much lauded nigeria, Why do Uni graduates still have to write recruitment tests?

4. Prices: Things have become very expensive for Americans. Things ranging from household items to entire homes, and combined with the constant devalue of the Naira, the US can be a financial nightmare for Nigerians. An ordinary 4-bedroom, single family house in the US will cost atleast $500,000 which is N83,000,000, More than enough to errect a 10 bedroom mansion with a boys-quarters and a gate in Nigeria. A brand new jeep in the US can easily cost $40,000 which is N6.6 million, more than enough to buy TWO jeeps in Nigeria.

This is the most idiotic point made 4 bedroom costs $500k? where? Bring your $500k and i would get you 3 different 4 bedroom in top cities. Actually the costs of real estate in Nigeria doesnt make any sense.

What is the cost of building a duplex in flooded Lekki and compare that to any decent home in the US?

A Brand new jeep? Where is the Jeep made from? how can something be cheaper in Nigeria than in the place they were manufactured after factoring cost of shipping and clearing. That point is idiotic and I would advice you delete it

5. Cultural Diffusion: The thing that every Nigerian regards with utmost importnace is his/her cultural background. America is a slaughter house for African cultures. People emmigrate form Nigeria and give birth to their children in the US. As their children grow up, the parents avoid teaching them their native language, and from then on the children are at a loss. Then, their parents avoid teaching them about their culture and tradition. Lastly, with all this not given to them, their children effectively turn into AAsand are estranged form the culture sand tradition of their homeland, ultimately deciding their destiny in life.

People have the option of staying back home. I wonder why many people from your village went to Lagos why not just stay back in the village and preserve their culture? A lot of children in Lagos dont even know about the culture of their people so who should we blame in those cases

With this in mind, Ill be glad to recieve your feedback and thoughts on this cool

See above  cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by ektbear: 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2011
Garth, New York City is one of the most expensive markets in the US. You cannot use it as a typical example.

What about the suburbs of DC, where you can buy a nice home for not very much money? Same for Atlanta, Houston, and most of the major cities in the south and midwest, etc.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2011
Compare house in NYC with house in Lekki and Asokoro and lets know what you have.

Odumchi,

Texas is one of the biggest state and has one of the cheapest real Estates for an economically viable state

For 200k you would get the equivalent of a mansion in Nigeria. In an area with security, Good roads, Good schools that doesnt flood

I live in Texas and I know this

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by ektbear: 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2011
This complaining about homes in the US is a bit dumb. As @oyb points out, when you buy a home in Nigeria, you become your own LGA. You must provide your own power, security, buy education for your kids, etc.

When you buy a house in the US, you don't have to hire your own security, supply your own power, etc. If you keep up with your property taxes, you can also send your kids to the local schools for free.

Trash taken away for free.

That home I linked to earlier, property taxes are $6500 annually. So if you have 4 kids, you can send them all to the public schools there for free (assuming you've kept up with your taxes).

How much do you think your average wealthy Nigerian spends annually on educating his children? Probably $5k+/kid.

Nigeria is an extremely expensive place, man

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2011
A lot of silly arguments and comparisons as usual. . . . . grin

Let me first state I may not be the most qualified person to talk about the US but I've been there (Only Florida) and have seen for my own eyes both the good and bad sides of the country.

All this talk about houses - the comparisons being made are not on a like for like basis. A very good proportion of homes in the US are mainly made of wood or other soft fabrics. In Nigeria homes are mainly built with concrete blocks/bricks and are more robust. And last time I checked , house prices in america were still declining and are not a good investment.

I saw mainly fine looking homes especially in 'Miami' but they were not constructed from solid materials. And if you go into 'Downtown Miami' you see plenty of run down 'shacks' most Nigerians would refuse to sleep in. I 'swear' there were places where there was no light! (no go area's)

Moving on to the debt situation - A majority of Americans have lived above their means for years. Purchasing all sorts of 'toys' on credit just to feed their egos. Also its shocking to see maybe  7/10 people who are considerably overweight. Seems the yanks have become accustomed to over eating with the use of their credit cards. Most dont even seem to acknowledge that they look abnormal.

I think the level of stress they experience is linked to the amount of debt they as a country and individually owe.
Officially the country owes 14 Trillion but this doesn't account for their unfunded liabilities eg Social Security, Medicare, Pensions etc. Taking all these into account then 'America' is actually in debt to the tune of over 100 trllion and they dont have the means to pay it back. I'm confident that if Nigeria focused on repaying our debts it could be achieved in a few short years.

The culture is completely messed up. The blend of all these displaced people like african americans, latinos, irish americans, cubans,italian american, etc result in the country not actually having a unique culture. It seems these groups tend to live in 'ghettos' amongst their own people. Such an environment is devastating to any Nigerian born and raised there or who has lived there for over maybe 5 years. They loose their sense of identity and become 'messed up' also. The same cannot be said of Nigeria.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
Sun of god:

A lot of silly arguments and comparisons as usual. . . . . grin

Let me first state I may not be the most qualified person to talk about the US but I've been there (Only Florida) and have seen for my own eyes both the good and bad sides of the country.

All this talk about houses - the comparisons being made are not on a like for like basis. A very good proportion of homes in the US are mainly made of wood or other soft fabrics. In Nigeria homes are mainly built with concrete blocks/bricks and are more robust. And last time I checked , house prices in america were still declining and are not a good investment.

I saw mainly fine looking homes especially in 'Miami' but they were not constructed from solid materials. And if you go into 'Downtown Miami' you see plenty of run down 'shacks' most Nigerians would refuse to sleep in. I 'swear' there were places where there was no light! (no go area's)

Moving on to the debt situation - A majority of Americans have lived above their means for years. Purchasing all sorts of 'toys' on credit just to feed their egos. Also its shocking to see maybe  7/10 people who are considerably overweight. Seems the yanks have become accustomed to over eating with the use of their credit cards. Most dont even seem to acknowledge that they look abnormal.

I think the level of stress they experience is linked to the amount of debt they as a country and individually owe.
Officially the country owes 14 Trillion but this doesn't account for their unfunded liabilities eg Social Security, Medicare, Pensions etc. Taking all these into account then 'America' is actually in debt to the tune of over 100 trllion and they dont have the means to pay it back. I'm confident that if Nigeria focused on repaying our debts it could be achieved in a few short years.

The culture is completely messed up. The blend of all these displaced people like african americans, latinos, irish americans, cubans,italian american, etc result in the country not actually having a unique culture. It seems these groups tend to live in 'ghettos' amongst their own people. Such an environment is devastating to any Nigerian born and raised there or who has lived there for over maybe 5 years. They loose their sense of identity and become 'messed up' also. The same cannot be said of Nigeria.

A very meaningful post, thank you for your input.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2011
dayokanu:

Compare house in NYC with house in Lekki and Asokoro and lets know what you have.

Odumchi,

Texas is one of the biggest state and has one of the cheapest real Estates for an economically viable state

For 200k you would get the equivalent of a mansion in Nigeria. In an area with security, Good roads, Good schools that doesnt flood

Are you serious ? 200k can't buy you a land anywhere in Asokoro even in maitama.Maybe you can get one in areas like Garki or wuse 2 but trust me,you won't like the location.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by trueword: 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

This complaining about homes in the US is a bit dumb. As @oyb points out, when you buy a home in Nigeria, you become your own LGA. You must provide your own power, security, buy education for your kids, etc.

When you buy a house in the US, you don't have to hire your own security, supply your own power, etc. If you keep up with your property taxes, you can also send your kids to the local schools for free.

Trash taken away for free.

That home I linked to earlier, property taxes are $6500 annually. So if you have 4 kids, you can send them all to the public schools there for free (assuming you've kept up with your taxes).

How much do you think your average wealthy Nigerian spends annually on educating his children? Probably $5k+/kid.

Nigeria is an extremely expensive place, man

Everyone does not pay property tax. That is for those who live in a home they bought and not those that live in apartments,etc.  Public education from K-12th grade is free in most or all places whether you pay taxes or not b/c some people who are very low income don't make enough to pay taxes but they kids can still attend public grade school.

So you really have a garbage truck that comes to your house and picks up garbage for free? I find that hard to believe, unless you don't own your own home.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by ektbear: 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2011
trueword:

Everyone does not pay property tax. That is for those who live in a home they bought and not those that live in apartments,etc.  Public education from K-12th grade is free in most or all places whether you pay taxes or not b/c some people who are very low income don't make enough to pay taxes but they kids can still attend public grade school.
You pay property taxes explicitly if you own your own home, and implicitly even if you rent. Your landlord will tack on the tax into your rent.

So you really have a garbage truck that comes to your house and picks up garbage for free? I find that hard to believe, unless you don't own your own home.
I guess nothing is really "free", again you pay for it through some tax/fee of some sort. But yeah, you just put the trash in your bins then haul it out in front of your house on trash day.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by trueword: 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2011
dayokanu:

Odumchi,

So a 3 or 4 bedroom house now qualifies as a mansion?
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by ektbear: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2011
Btw, if you live in a low-income or poor neighborhood where your property taxes are low, generally this means your local public schools will be terrible. There is really nothing free in life, you kind of get what you pay for. But in America, you get a helluva lot more value for your money than in Nigeria. Nigeria is too expensive for my own tastes.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by trueword: 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

You pay property taxes explicitly if you own your own home, and implicitly even if you rent. Your landlord will tack on the tax into your rent.
I guess nothing is really "free", again you pay for it through some tax/fee of some sort. But yeah, you just put the trash in your bins then haul it out in front of your house on trash day.

hmm, guess your city or county must have a lot of money. In many other places the city may be the one providing the service but you will receive a bill in the mail for you to pay for the service. If you don't pay your bill the garbage truck will skip your house when collecting garbage.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by ektbear: 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2011
To be quite honest, I've never had to handle this myself. When I lived with my parents I never paid attention to it, and now that I'm on my own I also don't pay any attention to it. . . I guess my landlord handles the payment. I could probably look up how it is done in my city in a few minutes though, if I wanted to.

But you end up paying one way or another, nothing truly comes for free.

Anyway, it wasn't really central to the points being made.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by trueword: 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2011
america's debt situation has to do with  spending more than is generated so they borrow from countries like China to finance their budget. Those loans come with interest of course.

Things got way out of hand once wars began to be fought, a prescription drug benefit was passed, tax cuts were passed, Bank bailout, and stimulus was passed. Also programs like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid have costs which are rising really fast. All these actions involved spending money without new sources of revenue. So as you can see, the debt situation kept getting worse.

America does not have to eliminate all its debt, it can continue on a long time with debt, but it just has to be managed so that it doesn't get to a point thats out of hand.

The thing mentioned about culture is true. Many nigerians who come to america fail to ensure their kids understand their culture and language. It's hard to understand this trend b/c even other groups of people like the Chinese, Latinos, etc all still stick to their culture and ensure their children can speak their language. Many of those kids are given traditional names. In the case of Nigerians, many simply throw away anything about their culture.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 11:43pm On Jul 22, 2011
Are we talking about individuals e.g Nigerian immigrant in America or the American economy at large?
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 11:51pm On Jul 22, 2011
Looks like America played the OP a bad hand. grin

Come back home son.

We waiting for you . . .With Arms Wide Open! grin cheesy wink
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2011
GAR3TH:

I didn't know chicago was that bad of a city, or is the home you mention in a bad neighborhood,

Feel free to search.

Chicago was that bad of a city? Are you people on drugs?  You calling a world class city BAD simply because it is not as expensive as the city you seem to have a HARD ON FOR? I tell you the home is only a couple of minutes, actually 3 miles from downtown and you ask me if it is bad? Even condos downtown ( in the highrise buildings sell for about 100K up, again, depending on what you want, and you are asking me if it is bad? Kai!!

Why would you live in a place where you know you are unable to afford? This is A MENTALITY problem and not an america problem. You do not move to Silicon Valley and then start to whine that houses there are expensive when you know it is above your means. It is COMMON SENSE!!! grin grin grin grin

There are houses in Albany NY for about $130 K if it is by force that you live in NY, but if you must live in NY, then SHUT UP and stop complaining because it makes no sense to. Living in NY city comes with the NY city price tag!! No be by force that you live with the Nigerians in NY. There are Nigerians in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Alabama, Nebraska etc.

Trying to throw America under the bus, citing some of the, for lack of a better word, MISERABLE CHOICES some people make, ain't gonna cut it. And yes, many Nigerians make these mistakes . . . living in cities they cannot afford and thinking THE MAN is the problem.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by ektbear: 12:00am On Jul 23, 2011
Somewhat OT, but a very cool buy vs. rent calculator I found:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/business/buy-rent-calculator.html

Going to find this handy in about a year's time when I need to find somewhere more permanent to live
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by aljharem(m): 12:02am On Jul 23, 2011
very good thread OP

now all you listed actually make America better than Nigeria

In america, talents are discovered daily, but Nigeria, talents are left to rot

In America, if you can't afford a house, you can get a loan or morgage in Nigeria NO

In america, You have all the basic amenities ready-ly avaliable for u but nigeria NO

i can go on and on and on

America can never be worse than Nigeria. That is a fact

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 12:07am On Jul 23, 2011
alj harem:

very good thread OP

now all you listed actually make America better than Nigeria

In america, talents are discovered daily, but Nigeria, talents are left to rot

In America, if you can't afford a house, you can get a loan or morgage in Nigeria NO

In america, You have all the basic amenities ready-ly avaliable for u but nigeria NO

i can go on and on and on

America can never be worse than Nigeria. That is a fact

'Nwanne Pant Bomber' - Please go on and on with your trash!!!

That America is better than your so called country?

(Ignoramous)
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by aljharem(m): 12:08am On Jul 23, 2011
Sun of god:

'Nwanne Pant Bomber' - Please go on and on with your trash!!!

That America is better than your so called country?

(Ignoramous)

In what sense is Nigeria better than America then. Educate us and don't call me an ignoramus or bomber

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 12:14am On Jul 23, 2011
alj harem:

In what sense is Nigeria better than America then. Educate us and don't call me an ignoramus or bomber

I didn't call you a 'Pant Bomber (But your brother) but you are an ignoramous.

To keep it simple for your 'Northern/Kanuri Simple Mind' - does Nigeria owe at least $14 Trillion +
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 12:17am On Jul 23, 2011
^^ It would be better for Nigeria to have that debt and have Americas infrastructures.

Its like a man living under the bridge consoling himself that he doesnt have Dangotes size of debt

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by ektbear: 12:19am On Jul 23, 2011
Alj Harem, I would suggest that you not pay this guy any mind lest he teach you nonsense. He says some of the dumbest things I've seen before on this forum, ever.

It is better to be a simple kanuri man than an educated illiterate, heh. At least the simple kanuri knows what is obvious.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by aljharem(m): 12:22am On Jul 23, 2011
Sun of god:

I didn't call you a 'Pant Bomber (But your brother) but you are an ignoramous.

To keep it simple for your 'Northern/Kanuri Simple Mind' - does Nigeria owe at least $14 Trillion +

Owing money in the worlds context is actually good for development provided that the money borrowed is used to for development of the citizens and the country at large.

The most developed countries in the world today are countries in the EU and America

also they are the ones in depts

RANK         COUNTRY        DEPTS
1 United States    14,300,000,000,000 30 June 2010 45,097 95
— European Union 13,720,000,000,000 30 June 2010 27,864 85
2 United Kingdom 8,981,000,000,000 30 June 2010 144,338 400
3 Germany        4,713,000,000,000 30 June 2010 57,755 142
4 France      4,698,000,000,000 30 June 2010 74,619 182
5 Netherlands 3,733,000,000,000 31 December 2009 225,814 471
6 Japan       2,441,000,000,000 30 September 2010 19,148 45
7 Ireland          2,253,000,000,000 30 September 2010 503,914 1,103
8 Norway        2,232,000,000,000 30 June 2010 454,768 538
9 Italy 2,223,000,000,000 30 June 2010 est. 36,841 108
10 Spain 2,166,000,000,000 30 June 2010 47,069 154

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt

As you can see, depts can has a direct correlation to the standard of living

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Jul 23, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ It would be better for Nigeria to have that debt and have Americas infrastructures.

[size=14pt]Its like a man living under the bridge consoling himself that he doesnt have Dangotes size of debt[/size]

BINGO!!!!  grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by aljharem(m): 12:23am On Jul 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Alj Harem, I would suggest that you not pay this guy any mind lest he teach you nonsense. He says some of the dumbest things I've seen before on this forum, ever.

It is better to be a simple kanuri man than an educated illiterate, heh. At least the simple kanuri knows what is obvious.

thanks bro

dayokanu:

Its like a man living under the bridge consoling himself that he doesnt have Dangotes size of debt

GBAMMMM well said

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 12:25am On Jul 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Alj Harem - Please accept my apologies for 'Ekt Bears' utterances.
I will in due course sort that fool out.

But as for you - make an attempt to answer my question. Its not hard to find out the answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC / Atiku Sold Part Of Intel To Tinubu, Holds Minority Shares - This Day / Kassim Afegbua Insists Babangida Authorised ‘Vote Out Buhari’ Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.