Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,110 members, 7,890,689 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:19 PM

5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria (38094 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Mucokey(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2011
There are Cars made in america, be at a jeep or any other type you also used the word brand new, No car sold in nigeria is made in nigeria so how do you explain a brand new car being cheaper in nigeria than it would be  if that same new car is sold in the US where there is either made or the manufacturer has a dealer
Abeg call de carpenter make him com hammer dis nail on dis singular logic: GBAAM

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2011
manny4life:

@buzugee

You talking true, this country is just full of so many troubles. Imagine, I have to pay close to $15 daily to work, and parking is no joke not if you wanna shell out $20 or more for parking and the traffic is jus another issue. As for the weather, did yall see the weather for this weekend? Sh/i/t, that sent me running out of the office @2:30pm yesterday. Anyway @ OP, Nigeria is a lot better only if you have money (average) doing ok because U.S. here is one problem or another, if it's not taxes, environment, or the law or one silly thing or the other. Yeah U.S has opportunities but please that's more like slavery.
you have said it all Bros. 'the country is full of so many troubles'. if its not this one its another one. you never get the chance to catch your breath. i suspect the trick to having a relaxed time in america is to move away from the big cities into country towns, but then there is no jobs in the country towns. its a catch 22 situation that can only be traversed by long commutes from burb to city.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2011
why TF are people complaing about taxes.the roads,the parks,the rail system is all provided based on the taxes you pay.and em I do not know where buzgee(sorry for killing your name) get the 20 bucks a day on parking.maybe its the state u live in so i might not be able to really say anything towards that but where i stay and work,cant even pinch 20 bucks a day on parking,drive your car to the bus park and hop on the bus which drops me right in front of where i work DT and after work i do same but on fridays take my car to town cos i have to rock fri nite and i cant ever rem paying more than 10 bucks for parking for the whole day
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2011
if you are a nigerian driving a cab 12hrs on the day here,it is either you no get qualifications or you are just simply too lazy to chase the qualifications for a better job
if you are a nigerian coming here depending on your cert or degree for naija,then you are a bigger fool for no country(maybe eritrea) respects our degrees
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2011
louchi:

I kinda get your drift, but think 4 a min, how many people will take culture or personality reasons over economic gain and basic comfort. I'm sure u know the kind of opportunities available in the U.S. 95% of Nigerians will not agree with your grounds of comparison. Scenario 4 your mind:What is the likelihood of success in naija without "man no man" connections and with little money esp as a new immigrant.
bros, exactly what opportunities are in the USA sef ? lets even break it down. opportunities for what ? as far as i am concerned, unless you are in the medical field, there are no opportunities in america for you. you know how many unemployed are there in america ? you know how many nigerians are struggling in america ? you guys talk as if there is money out on the street to be had when you get to america. come on now.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2011
hahaha

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

hahaha
i follow u laugh in Obama
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Donmeca(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2011
4. Prices: Things have become very expensive for Americans. Things ranging from household items to entire homes, and combined with the constant devalue of the Naira, the US can be a financial nightmare for Nigerians. An ordinary 4-bedroom, single family house in the US will cost atleast $500,000 which is N83,000,000, More than enough to errect a 10 bedroom mansion with a boys-quarters and a gate in Nigeria. A brand new jeep in the US can easily cost $40,000 which is N6.6 million, more than enough to buy TWO jeeps in Nigeria.

I was compelled to post cos of the above quote. Things are costly everywhere diz days. . .u mentioned devaluation of d naira and it is true! When naira goes down, d prices of all imported products go up cos u import with dollar and euro. When u said the cost housing is cheaper in Nigeria, I believe u meant village states like Ebonyi, Ekikti, Zamfara, Borno, etc (outside the capitals). . .not places like Lagos, Rivers and Abuja. For ur info, a plot of land in Asokro, Maitama, Wuse2 (Abuja) goes for as high as N60 milla. How much is a bag of cement here (so we can calculate what ur balance of 23 milla can do in building d 10 BR mansion)? as for cars, u and I know that naija does not manufacture (nor even assemble) cars. . .don't call PAN and ANAMMCO  cheesy. How did u come about cars being cheaper in naija than yankee? we only buy d ones u guys reject, and the WEALTHY boiz who can afford tear rubber cars (as u said brand new jeep) only order from d same yankee or elsewhere. . .and pay for shipping.

In ur analysis, u did not recall that Nigerians DONOT know their rights, that we lack a working legal system, that we prefer to die in silence than to make trouble with our bosses/employers when they, for no reason sack us from jobs (without adequate settlement). When someone is rushed to d emergency ward of a hospital in Yankee, what wud the doctors first do. . .(a) refuse treatment, (b) ask for 1000 dollars deposit b4 treatment or (c) try to stabilize patient b4 looking for health insurance or cash from d family?

For every reason u gave, I can give u 10 reasons why America is 100 times better than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by KayDee4: 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2011
buzugee:

bros, exactly what opportunities are in the USA sef ? lets even break it down. opportunities for what ? as far as i am concerned, unless you are in the medical field, there are no opportunities in america for you. you know how many unemployed are there in america ? you know how many nigerians are struggling in america ? you guys talk as if there is money out on the street to be had when you get to america. come on now.

Unemployed Americans are the ones that are too lazy to go to school (most of them are by the way). If you come here with the normal naija spirit for academic hustle and a good head on ur shoulders then the opportunities are limitless.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2011
aktunde:

The experience of people in the US are different. It depends on how you get to the US, your right to work or not to work, and the type of job you are doing. So, you want to tell me that Seun is doing better than the database administrator of my school who got here just 5 years ago and making above $120K? he is not an American. he is a Nigerian, an Ibo boy. According to him, he saves almost 5K per month because he doesn't live a flamboyant life. The only problem this guy will have is the one he creates for himself, and not the one the US system creates for him. Also working for my school, I do not earn as much as my Ibo friend. But despite the restrictions placed on students employment, I am still earning more than many Phd Holders or even medical doctors in Nigeria. Meanwhile I am still a graduate student. So, you can imagine what will happen when I graduate and my school decides to retain me just as they did to my friend? I know you will say bills swallow up our money. Yes and No. It depends on what you earn and your lifestyle. After all the bills, I can still save above 500% of my monthly savings in Naija. So, what are you talking about?

America is full of opportunities. But the opportunity is not for everyone. It is for those who are equipped to tap into it. Once you develop yourself to the level the system wants, you can go as far as possible. And the story of Obama should tell you more,

Seun you are truly working hard. But don't get carried with what that guy has just said. Just keep doing your own work. If I want to be your friend, I will also say the same.

your problem is that you are still star struck by america. so you are earning more than a doctor in nigeria but the doctor does not have all the bills you have to pay. he has built his own house (freehold). he is amongst his peers who happen to be people that look like him (very good for the spirit), he has rest of mind and he is a step away from all the cultural comforts he grew up with. now you tell me who is winning ? you in your library assistant job (prolly the only black man doing this type of job seeing as all the white students dont have to work as daddy is paid) or he in his prestigious job in his own country amongst his own peers ?
as per your ibo friend. thats a rare situation. IT is now outsourced to india and they bring in loads of indians to do all the IT jobs at like $40,000 a year. so if your friend in this economy got an IT job of $120,000 (which i somehow doubt), then he must have some strong people praying for him but believe that his situation is unique in todays economy
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2011
EDITED for UN-Christlike speech
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2011
milehigh06:

if you are a nigerian driving a cab 12hrs on the day here,it is either you no get qualifications or you are just simply too lazy to chase the qualifications for a better job
if you are a nigerian coming here depending on your cert or degree for naija,then you are a bigger fool for no country(maybe eritrea) respects our degrees
bros, all the nigerians that came to america in the 70s and 80s all got engineering degrees from america. alot of them did not return home. most of them are now cab drivers. i know some personally. they are citizens with american degrees from the 70s 80s but ageism no gree dem employment.

@ bros no be me dey pay $20 for parking. that na Manny4life. ALthough i have paid similar to park downtown chicago
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by dramenda(f): 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2011
P
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I know people in the same DC who DO NOT HAVE TO PAY  . . . . I know people who live in the same city who are OK with the weather!

a) If Parking is your problem, then move to SOMEWHERE-ELSE AMERICA so you do not have to Pay $15 daily

b) If Weather is your problem, then move to SOMEHWERE ELSE AMERICA where you can get the same sort of life, and job with way less of the weather issues . . .

To Everyone else , these are PERSONAL CHOICES made by these INDIVIDUALS that are complaining. People make choices daily to either COMPLICATE or DE-Stress their lives. Judging the whole country by that is morose.

This person CHOOSES everyday to pay $15 bucks for parking -- Chooses everyday to hate the weather in a CITY he CHOOSE to move to. You have to understand how hating one's PERSONALL CHOICE does not equate to a mark against a whole country.

Who do not have to pay? Pay for Metro? How do they get to work? Fly? I know people offer commuting service because of HOV lanes, which isn't reliable obviously so how do they don't pay? Perhaps you can share with me the cheat sheet system.

OK with what weather? You always know but you haven't lived in the DC Metropolitan area, have you? Look at weather.com, you will see the weather over the past few days wast at lows of 103 degrees and highs of almost 110 degrees, such heat is not common with people who live up in the east cost and North.

Obviously I don't drive to DC because driving is a pain the DC area, DC is so small, and with bldgs and everything in the city, it makes it compact. I only talked about parking, did not say it was a pressing problem no when I have Metro which I pay the price for.

Weather is an issue and has always been an issue, when it's summer, we get the heas from the West Coast, when it's winter we get the cold and Ice from the Northern part. Look at the winter in the past two / three years, digging your car out is one hell of a problem. Snow fell for three days straight non-stop, should I continue, so please the weather in the area isn't all that.

KOBO, please get your s/h/i/t together ok, I chose to pay $15 everyday for Metro (round trip) and NOT parking, I said parking is another issue because they are more expensive and more hassle than metro, monthly passes won't cut it either. I don't know what your beef is with me, I chose to live in the DC area, for multiple reasons, just like every city this is no exception and has ti's pros and cons. I am only saying, comparing to the benefits, there's just too much hassles. For the record, I just can't move because I'm paying $15 daily, something else has to cause me to move.

@ buzugee, parking in downtown DC is no joke, they are like $15/$20 and talk about meter parking, don't even waste your time with meters. That is just an avenue to get parking ticket thrown at you. Anyway, parking in DC is a hassle, and those parking enforcement women are out there to get you now unless if you're an attorney who makes six figures and the it comes with benefit, otherwise take metro.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by KayDee4: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2011
buzugee:

opportunities for what ? to earn $80,000 a year ?  that may be opportunity for an economic migrant like you but to me it isnt. its slavery. i consider opportunity a job that pays a minimum of $250,000 a year. now thats opportunity  grin you earn your tashere $80,000. tax man takes like a third of that, and then you pay all ya bills and you find yaself in a vicious cycle of bills and work till you end up in the grave. abeg me i dont need that kinda opportunity.

I said before that you can make it anywhere on earth if you are a smart person. It musn't be in America. Its up to you to know your worth and weigh your options. If you are earning $250k in naija and you're being offered $100k as net pay in America, then ure better off sitting home than coming over. If i was earning $100k in naija and I have the opportunity of earning $250k (NET) here or in Ukraine, then its a better option for me. simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2011
It seems that many of you are suffering from "American fever". I dont know what you people see as so great in this land of corruption, debt, obesity, financial insecurity or etc. But if America is heaven on earth, why dont you all go and live in America and call it a Happy ever after?

Let me break it to you guys, I have experienced the best of America and the best of Nigeria. I dont want to disclose my location because it will give you guys a reason to doubt my points or etc. Remember, Im not forcing any of you to do anything, If you'd like to live your life in America, its not my problem, what I ask is that we keep the insults to a minimum.

To those of you clammering that debt is optional, but what can you do in the USA without debt? Tell me, how will buy a house or even rent without debt? How do you ntend to make car payments, bills, order things, and even go to school without ammasing atleast 50K USD as debt? Concerning the homes, i feel it depends on where you live or your area. In my area, such homes are 400k and up. Homes in the South are obviously cheaper, (4 bedrooms) can be around 300k due to the poor materials, and their exposure to hurricanes and etc. But, like I said I'd prefer you respond modestly.  cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2011
Smart reply.

Kay-Dee:

I said before that you can make it anywhere on earth if you are a smart person. It musn't be in America. Its up to you to know your worth and weigh your options. If you are earning $250k in naija and you're being offered $100k as net pay in America, then ure better off sitting home than coming over. If i was earning $100k in naija and I have the opportunity of earning $250k (NET) here or in Ukraine, then its a better option for me. simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2011
Kay-Dee:

Bro, who and which company will pay you $250k in Nigeria? Please be real
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2011
manny4life:

Who do not have to pay? Pay for Metro? How do they get to work? Fly? I know people offer commuting service because of HOV lanes, which isn't reliable obviously so how do they don't pay? Perhaps you can share with me the cheat sheet system.

OK with what weather? You always know but you haven't lived in the DC Metropolitan area, have you? Look at weather.com, you will see the weather over the past few days wast at lows of 103 degrees and highs of almost 110 degrees, such heat is not common with people who live up in the east cost and North.

Obviously I don't drive to DC because driving is a pain the DC area, DC is so small, and with bldgs and everything in the city, it makes it compact. I only talked about parking, did not say it was a pressing problem no when I have Metro which I pay the price for.

Weather is an issue and has always been an issue, when it's summer, we get the heas from the West Coast, when it's winter we get the cold and Ice from the Northern part. Look at the winter in the past two / three years, digging your car out is one hell of a problem. Snow fell for three days straight non-stop, should I continue, so please the weather in the area isn't all that.

KOBO, please get your s/h/i/t together ok, I chose to pay $15 everyday for Metro (round trip) and NOT parking, I said parking is another issue because they are more expensive and more hassle than metro, monthly passes won't cut it either. I don't know what your beef is with me, I chose to live in the DC area, for multiple reasons, just like every city this is no exception and has ti's pros and cons. I am only saying, comparing to the benefits, there's just too much hassles. For the record, I just can't move because I'm paying $15 daily, something else has to cause me to move.
Bros, i wouldnt even argue with Kobo. she has been to every country in the world or so she thinks  grin
Kay-Dee:

i hear ya. was just tryna figure out all these opportunities you was shouting that america has. let me tell you the opportunity that america has, and this is what i would tout as the opportunity to live in america, if you are business minded, in an environment with good roads, water, light, electricity, a bit of order and good policing can you imagine the kind of business and profit you can make in this type of environment ? now thats the opportunity america offers. still havent heard one mention mention this though. folks are busy concentrating on being able to buy big macs or go to supermarket at night or get librarian job in school library that pays more than what a doctor in nigeria earns  grin come on guys

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by KayDee4: 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2011
manny4life:

Pls ask my dear friend buzugee, that classified $80k as tashere. I just used the figures to drive home my point about weighing your options.

buzugee:

opportunities for what ? to earn $80,000 a year ?  that may be opportunity for an economic migrant like you but to me it isnt. its slavery. i consider opportunity a job that pays a minimum of $250,000 a year. now thats opportunity  grin you earn your tashere $80,000. tax man takes like a third of that, and then you pay all ya bills and you find yaself in a vicious cycle of bills and work till you end up in the grave. abeg me i dont need that kinda opportunity.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2011
manny4life:

Bros, etisalat pays some of their nigerian employees 50 million naira. i think this is like $380,000.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
odumchi:

It seems that many of you are suffering from "American fever". I dont know what you people see as so great in this land of corruption, debt, obesity, financial insecurity or etc. But if America is heaven on earth, why dont you all go and live in America and call it a Happy ever after?

Let me break it to you guys, I have experienced the best of America and the best of Nigeria. I dont want to disclose my location because it will give you guys a reason to doubt my points or etc. Remember, Im not forcing any of you to do anything, If you'd like to live your life in America, its not my problem, what I ask is that we keep the insults to a minimum.

To those of you clammering that debt is optional, but what can you do in the USA without debt? Tell me, how will buy a house or even rent without debt? How do you ntend to make car payments, bills, order things, and even go to school without ammasing atleast 50K USD as debt? Concerning the homes, i feel it depends on where you live or your area. In my area, such homes are 400k and up. Homes in the South are obviously cheaper, (4 bedrooms) can be around 300k due to the poor materials, and their exposure to hurricanes and etc. But, like I said I'd prefer you respond modestly.  cool

I agree with your points and that's one more reason why I so much dislike here. You cannot do anything without having debt; although, having debt isn't the issue, but managing it is the most important part of it. I must say that the flexibility is more on the side of the consumer here than Nigeria.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2011
buzugee:

Bros, etisalat pays some of their nigerian employees 50 million naira. i think this is like $380,000.

Seriously? WOW, How much are these companies net worth?

$380K is so much money o, the company should be $billion corporation else,

Can I get job in Nigeria, in finance and maybe politics , hehe who knows, I can earn decent amount, lol grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by jerryben12: 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2011
The posting title would have been '5 Reasons Why Ghana Is Worse Than Nigeria'

Compare apple to apple and not apples to oranges.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2011
manny4life:

Seriously? WOW, How much are these companies net worth?

$380K is so much money o, the company should be $billion corporation else,

Can I get job in Nigeria, in finance and maybe politics , hehe who knows, I can earn decent amount, lol grin grin
Bros, etisalat is a billion dollar corporation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirates_Telecommunications_Corporation#EMTS_-_Nigeria

you can definitely get a job there with your american qualification. if your accent is on the american side you have a very high chance during the interview  grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by aktunde(m): 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2011

Bless you. One of the points I am stressing

If quack companies in your own country (Nigeria) do not even recognize your degree, I wonder why you expect big companies in the US should recognize the same degree. The best that your Nigeria Bsc or Msc can do for you in US is to earn you admission for recognizable degrees in the US which will then give you the chance to tap into the opportunities the countries has to offer. Without which you will only keep hearing of the opportunities. You won't taste it. Let me paint a picture of what a typical Nigerian degree has done for so many university graduates seeking job within their own country (Nigeria).

CANDIDATE:  Presents HND
RECRUITER:  Why not Bsc?
CANDIDATE:  Presents Bsc
RECRUITER:  Why not from O.A.U, Unilag, blah, blah, blah?
CANDIDATE:  Presents degree from the above schools
RECRUITER:  Why not 2-1?
Candidate:    Presents 2:1
RECRUITER:  Why not first Class?
Candidate:   Presents first class
RECRUITER:  Go and take aptitude test and score the highest
Candidate:   Passed the aptitude test
RECRUITER:  Come for interview with letters of reference
Candidate:   Attends interview with letters of reference from people who are not known in the society (e.g top politicians, directors of big companies)
RECRUITER:  Looks a the reference and asks "the names your referees do not ring a bell. So, you do not know anyone"?
Candidate:   Starts looking like lucozade because of his frustration. why must he know Dangote or Otedola to get a good job? Still speechless  embarassed embarassed embarassed
RECRUITER: Ok, drop your CV. We shall contact you (as you leave, the recruiter hisses silently and says God purnis* you)
Candidate:   Waits five years and they didn't contact him. Seek other jobs, and couldn't find one cry cry cry cry Then decides to travel travel out
US Consular: Denies him visa more than 6 times because the consular knows he/she is trying to run away from hardship and will not return.
Candidate:  cry sad angry pours out all his frustration on the US consulates rather than the system of his own country (Nigeria) which is making life hard for him
Candidate:  keeps participating in all gossip and says lots of nonsense about the U.S. But from the depth of his mind, he still wishes to be in US, and he sneaks to cyber cafe to play visa lottery. Always the first to know when the lottery is played and when results are out.

Above, is the frustration of a typical Nigerian youth in his own country. If your Nigerian degree doesn't guarantee you job in your own country; why should the same degree guarantee you in another man's land. I still strongly believe that if you have the right skills the country needs, the right to work and you don't live a fake life in US, the US is far, far better than Nigeria. I don't even see the basis for comparison. I will not pretend as if I do not see the short comings of US too, but man, the sky is still very far from the land cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by kabukabu(m): 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2011
Only on nairaland would you find such an asinine comparison between a first World country and a Third World country and have so much slobbering going on grin.Oh and Im going to give a wild guess that Buguzee is on here, every 2 or 3 weeks,in some form or another this topic rises again from the ashes of "nairaland post wasteland". grin

No matter how many times we have this argument/debate,you folks won't simply put it to rest,you can't compare the US and Nigeria,without having lived in both places,now some of you posters who have had a terrible time abroad will of course be biased in their posts/opinions.but certain facts are there that can't be ignored.

The US system works because it generates revenue efficiently,same as most westernised nations including Japan.US residents pay much less for services compared to ALL western nations,US also has floods of illegal immigrants surging across the Southern border by the thousands every week,a huge population of dependents who receive checks from the govt for retirement,welfare ,susidized food,healthcare and child care.

Nigeria would not last 3 DAYS if she had to bear the financial responsibilty that the US does .Nigerian govt does not pay Social security,does not subsize a single dime of anyone's expenses in Nigeria.And yet,the countrys infrastructure is in ruins from lack of simple basic amenities to a non existent emergency response management plan.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by odumchi: 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2011
^^^
No one is comparing the US governemnt or economy to that of Nigeria. We are simply discussuing how well the US accomodates new Nigerian immigrants and what the pros and cons of living in the US are.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by nebeolis: 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2011
you have all spoking well and i also thank the poster for doing so. but some thing is missing here, i think by now we should have discouse important things about nigeria status whether to state as one or to sepret. all nigeris past and present ,head of states and presidents, gorvernos, senators, house of reps,local goverment chairman and all the ministers .now this people ever since they are traveling round all the whole world enjoying  our money they stole ,none of them have asked those there forein countapact how does they manage to make there power grid to work 24 hours a day and 7 days a weak with out stop, and how they manage to build houses for a comon man on the street equipts it with all house apllance, and  how do they manage to build there roads with out erossion on the center. why are they saling fuel they bought from nigeria crude lower price than nigeria the producer.what legacy would they left behind .
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2011
kabukabu:

Only on nairaland would you find such an asinine comparison between a first World country and a Third World country and have so much slobbering going on grin.Oh and Im going to give a wild guess that Buguzee is on here, every 2 or 3 weeks,in some form or another this topic rises again from the ashes of "nairaland post wasteland". grin

No matter how many times we have this argument/debate,you folks won't simply put it to rest,you can't compare the US and Nigeria,without having lived in both places,now some of you posters who have had a terrible time abroad will of course be biased in their posts/opinions.but certain facts are there that can't be ignored.

The US system works because it generates revenue efficiently,same as most westernised nations including Japan.US residents pay much less for services compared to ALL western nations,US also has floods of illegal immigrants surging across the Southern border by the thousands every week,a huge population of dependents who receive checks from the govt for retirement,welfare ,susidized food,healthcare and child care.

Nigeria would not last 3 DAYS if she had to bear the financial responsibilty that the US does .Nigerian govt does not pay Social security,does not subsize a single dime of anyone's expenses in Nigeria.And yet,the countrys infrastructure is in ruins from lack of simple basic amenities to a non existent emergency response management plan.

*sips on some haterade* to shake off the haters grin haters always gotta hate angry
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by kabukabu(m): 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2011
Too often,posters on here will present the skewed view of the 2 percent of Nigerians who ARE living comfortably in Nigeria as an example of just how easy it is,which we all know is very far from the truth,yes,they are not paying taxes,but guess what, they are paying for basic water,diesel generators,expensive private schools and paying to come to the US for healthcare.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Emmyk(m): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2011
Odemchi, u posted this story on naija talk? Saw Don Jazzy put it on facebook

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

President Buhari Vs El-rufai: Caption This Photo After Their Meeting Yesterday / Soldiers Clear Terrorists Out Of Dicher (photos) / FG Bans 91 Billionaires, Vips’ Jets, Insists On N30bn Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.