Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,903 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:49 PM

To Love People Is Debt Owed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Love People Is Debt Owed (691 Views)

Love People And Use Things / How To Love People Better / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Love People Is Debt Owed by newmi(m): 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2011
To love people is dept owed them that must be paid thus they don't have to deserve it
Romans 13:8
"Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law"
Re: To Love People Is Debt Owed by KunleOshob(m): 10:09am On Jul 23, 2011
It is spelled 'debt' and not 'dept' pastor olodo tongue
Re: To Love People Is Debt Owed by Biox: 10:41am On Jul 23, 2011
@newmi I strongly agree with you that the dept we owe everyone is love.what happens to man that hurts you so much and all you think of is strangling the life out of him do you mean I still owe him the dept of love despite his actions.please I don't mind scriptural back up
Re: To Love People Is Debt Owed by Joagbaje(m): 10:32am On Jul 24, 2011
Biox:

@newmi I strongly agree with you that the debt we owe everyone is love.

Newmi didnd say debt o, he said dept. grin
Re: To Love People Is Debt Owed by newmi(m): 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2011
@ @ @
Re: To Love People Is Debt Owed by newmi(m): 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2011
KunleOshob:

It is spelled 'debt' and not 'dept' pastor olodo tongue
at least l am comforted by fact that you got my point. muchas gracias mi Amigo
Re: To Love People Is Debt Owed by newmi(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2011
Biox:

@newmi I strongly agree with you that the dept we owe everyone is love.what happens to man that hurts you so much and all you think of is strangling the life out of him do you mean I still owe him the dept of love despite his actions.please I don't mind scriptural back up
My dear biox it is a settled fact that as long as there is day and night and the sun and moon alternate their gallant processional emergance; there will be occassions of/for offence, even Jesus Christ acknowledged this fact
Matthew 18:7
7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Re: To Love People Is Debt Owed by newmi(m): 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2011
@biox
The living bible calls "offence" in Matt 18:7 " inevitable temptation to do wrong"
Now a temptation in itself is not wrong when it comes to us but it becomes wrong when we fall in the direction of its purpose.
1. God is love
1 John 4:8
"But if a person isn't loving and kind, it shows that he doesn't know God-- for God is love" Then in 1 John 4:4 the bible says that ". . . Ye are OF God, little children. . ." (Grk. word translated "of" is the word "ek"- which is a primary preposition denoting origin, the point whence action or motion proceeds from or out) meaning that as christians we hail and originate from God hitherto we are refered to or we refer to ourselves as "children of God". Now children of God then it is only normal that love is our one-way traffic.

2. We love as a prove that we are in God and He is in us 1 John 4:16
"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him"
So you see one is only doing himself good choosing rather to love
Re: To Love People Is Debt Owed by newmi(m): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2011
2. We love as a prove that we are in God and He is in us 1 John 4:16
"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him"
So you see one is only doing himself good choosing rather to love
Re: To Love People Is Debt Owed by newmi(m): 5:31pm On Jul 24, 2011
Romans 13:10
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love[ is] the fulfilling of the law.
You know dear friend l have thought and meditated on this matter time and time again these are the TRUTHS THAT I HAVE FOUND OUT. WE LOVE IN THE FACE OF OFFENCES PRIMARILY FOR OUR OWN PERSONAL BENEFIT SO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER OR NOT THEY DESERVE IT FOR MY OWN GOOD I AM CONDEMNED TO LOVE THOUGH ALMOST AWAYS IT COULD BE PAINFUL IB THE FLESH ESPECIALLY WHEN COMES FROM A CLOSE ONE
Re: To Love People Is Debt Owed by Azibalua(f): 9:49pm On Jul 24, 2011
I think the word love is a verb
Re: To Love People Is Debt Owed by newmi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2011
Azibalua:

I think the word love is a verb

Ethmologically it could be regarded as a noun but love in its noun state does not communicate any benefit one can only benefit from it when it assumes its verb form.

(1) (Reply)

My Kingdom Is Not Of This World / Holy Spirit Instructs Woman To Kill 5 Year Old / No Church In The Wild

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.