Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,369 members, 7,920,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 06:39 AM

My Kingdom Is Not Of This World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Kingdom Is Not Of This World (693 Views)

If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil / This Gentile Kingdom Is Living On Borrowed Time / Is Life Real, Or Just A Dream? What If This World Is Just An Illusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Kingdom Is Not Of This World by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 01, 2012
Pilate answered, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests delivered You to me; what have You done?” Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.” (John 18:35-36)

Since it was now clear that Pilate was merely repeating the charge of the Jewish leaders, Jesus answered his question. He was a king, but not a political ruler intent on challenging Rome’s rule. “My kingdom is not of (Greek ek; “out from the midst of”) this world,” He declared. Its source was not the world system, nor did Jesus derive His authority from any human source. As noted earlier, He had rejected the crowd’s attempt to crown Him king. He also passed up an opportunity to proclaim Himself king at the triumphal entry, when He rode into Jerusalem at the head of tens of thousands of frenzied hopefuls.

To reinforce His point, Jesus noted that if His kingdom were of this world, then His servants would be fighting so that He would not be handed over to the Jews. No earthly king would have allowed himself to have been captured so easily. But when one of His followers (Peter) attempted to defend Him, Jesus rebuked him. The messianic kingdom does not originate from human effort, but through the Son of Man’s conquering of sin in the lives of those who belong to His spiritual kingdom.

Christ’s kingdom is spiritually active in the world today, and one day He will return to physically reign on the earth in millennial glory (Rev. 11:15; 20:6). But until then His Kingdom exists in the hearts of believers, where He is undisputed King and sovereign Lord. He was absolutely no threat either to the national identity of Israel, or to the political and military identity of Rome.

That the Lord spoke of being handed over to the Jews is significant. Far from leading them in a revolt against Rome, Jesus spoke of the Jews (especially the leaders) as His enemies. He was a king, but since He disavowed the use of force and fighting, He was clearly no threat to Rome’s interests. The Lord’s statement rendered the Jews’ charge that He was a revolutionary bent on overthrowing Rome absurd.

Article
Re: My Kingdom Is Not Of This World by plaetton: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2012
For you , as well as all religious extremists who fight and murder in the name of an invisible god and his invisible kingdom, why dont you all just take a cyanide pill, fly to your invisible kingdoms and leave us earthlings alone to manage on our own.
If you cannot cope or manage with the earthly kingdom, then what makes you think you can cope and manage with a kingdom you have not seen or been to?
Re: My Kingdom Is Not Of This World by plaetton: 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2012
Oh, I forgot.
Happy New Year Frosbel.
grin
Re: My Kingdom Is Not Of This World by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2012
plaetton:

For you , as well as all religious extremists who fight and murder in the name of an invisible god and his invisible kingdom, why dont you all just take a cyanide pill, fly to your invisible kingdoms and leave us earthlings alone to manage on our own.
If you cannot cope or manage with the earthly kingdom, then what makes you think you can cope and manage with a kingdom you have not seen or been to?

I am assuming the bolded statement was meant for LagosShia and Co, right  grin. Tends to fit in more closely with his beautiful belief system.

Anyway happy new year to you as well !
Re: My Kingdom Is Not Of This World by plappville(f): 7:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
@Topic, that is the reason why he willingly submited himself. All things worked in accordance.
He said, i have been with u in the temple, but u didn't arrest me, but now your hour has come.
The hour that is previewed has come. Like u said, no King will allow himself to be captured this easily.

Of course he knew he will die, but yet he walked freely and made sure he did what is to be done before the appointed time. He was obeyed by Demons, winds and storms, he could ve easily stoped his enemies.

But, true his Kingdom is not of this world. JESUS IS THE KING OF KINGS.
Re: My Kingdom Is Not Of This World by Sweetnecta: 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ridiculous since you call him king of kings. It is on this earth you have kings, because there is 1 King in heavens: He is God.

to say he willingly submitted especially seeing all the Bibles recorded in the Gospels is completely disingenuous. if there is a king judged by another king, he must be a throne-less king to mean that he was not a king, really.

seriously.
Re: My Kingdom Is Not Of This World by LagosShia: 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2012
frosbel:

I am assuming the bolded statement was meant for LagosShia and Co, right  grin. Tends to fit in more closely with his beautiful belief system.

Anyway happy new year to you as well !

do not mention me in vain,you fanatical christian loser!
Re: My Kingdom Is Not Of This World by plappville(f): 10:43am On Jan 03, 2012
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ridiculous since you call him king of kings. It is on this earth you have kings, because there is 1 King in heavens: He is God.

to say he willingly submitted especially seeing all the Bibles recorded in the Gospels is completely disingenuous. if there is a king judged by another king, he must be a throne-less king to mean that he was not a king, really.

seriously.

YOU ARE UNDER A LAW, I VE NO DOUBT OF UR RESPONDS.!
Re: My Kingdom Is Not Of This World by Image123(m): 1:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nice article.
Re: My Kingdom Is Not Of This World by Joagbaje(m): 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
Romans 11:28
. . . but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers'sakes.

Galatians 6:16
And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

(1) (Reply)

Man Weds Three Women At A Zairean Church: / Is The End Of Days Finally Here? / Intercessors Wanted Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.