Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,707 members, 7,879,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:25 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (747997 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (561) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 7:36pm On Jan 12, 2023
Adigun055:
Hello sirs/ ma. I greet you all.

My fiancee was given a conditional admission into Boston university MSc to write a prerequisite Maths course, from the email we shared it was said that the course can be done in the school or a regionally accredited institution...I believe that means the course has to be done in the US/UK.

Is it possible she request for financial aid even tho she is not fully admitted as the conditions states she will only be offered unconditional admission if she gets a "B" in the maths course, and i believe she will have to pay for the course as well based on one of their events attended.

She is considering taking student loan in case the school doesn't offer scholarship.

Pls advice.

She won’t be offered aid with a conditional admission. She should go elsewhere if she can’t afford it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
Karen2024:
You must be very stupid!!! Who gave you the monopoly to exhibit this stupid attitude here?

You sure you want that list of schools offering English in the US? This attitude isn’t the way to start…

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
Yes sir
vicdom:

Hello Ma/Sir, If I submit a naira statement of account as POF, are they going to use official exchange rate to verify or parallel market rate??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2023
Karen2024:
You must be very stupid!!! Who gave you the monopoly to exhibit this stupid attitude here?
You are incapable of using your God-given brain for your own good. We’re not here to spoon-feed. Keep looking for someone to send you a list of US schools.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 8:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
TWoods:

You sure you want that list of schools offering English in the US? This attitude isn’t the way to start…
Another street japa hustler spotted lol

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2023
Dear ghettonews, this Biglyanga was trying to help and prep you but you totally misunderstood him. Even MatanBoka wanted to help you understand what Biglyanga was trying to do, but you still didn't get it.

HERE'S YOUR ORIGINAL POST:

Hello friends pls I want to know if vo highly approves visas for bsc in nursing for students as I will be going for nursing, I am currently working as an auxiliary nurse at delta state?

I was told us approves visas for nursing very well.

SOMEONE ASKED YOU HOW OLD YOU ARE. YOU ANSWERED 24 YEARS. YOU COMMENTED THAT YOU HAVE 75% FEE TO PAY, WHICH IS $12,000.

THEN, BIGLYANGA COMMENTED:

1: What do you currently do?
2: How did you raise $12K to pay for your studies?
3: Who is going to pay your tuition 2nd, 3rd and 4th yr?

THESE ARE PERTINENT QUESTIONS. ANSWERS COULD BE...

1. I have been working as an auxiliary nurse for x number of years.
2. I raised the money from my work as an auxiliary nurse and also from our family real estate.
3. I will be getting money from rents in our family real estate.

BUT, YOU REPLIED THIS...

Ha oga ur question tire m eoo, I taught u have experience or advice for me regarding my visa processing, your questions are tiring.

THEN, BIGLYANGA REPLIED YOU...

I dey prep you. These are likely questions you would get about funding.
You’re 24 now, how do you explain your gap years of 6 yrs, since average Naija finishes high school at 18?

How do you explain consistent personal funding from Naija since your scholarship covers you 25%?
F1 visa only allows you 20hr work week during school and 40hr work during holidays… so you cannot self-fund your study in the US.

Making sense now?

HE HAS SOME GOOD POINTS, AND THESE ARE THINGS VO WOULD WANT TO KNOW.

VO will want to know...
1. Why are you going for Bsc when you are 24 years? Why didn't you start your Bsc when you were 18 years old since most Nigerians finish secondary at 18? You will have to explain that and convince VO. Maybe you had no sponsor then, and so, you learned nursing locally and you have been working as an auxiliary nurse for these 5-6 years, saving money to realize your dream of becoming a professional and licensed nurse. That you plan to also do MSc in nursing and return to start a nursing home in your community, and later invest in building a school of nursing to help people that want to do nursing, but have no much funding, and to stop the increase in auxiliary nurses in hospitals.

VO may ask you how you intend to pay your fees for subsequent years since you are self funding. You can explain that you inherited 5 hectares of land from your dad and you leased or rented the land to a company to build factory and that they pay you x amount annually.

HOWEVER, HERE WAS YOUR RESPONSE...

But I have seen a lot of people who are self funded why can't I find myself?

Are u in USA?

My questions: DO YOU KNOW THE SITUATION OF THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW WHO SELF FUNDED? DO YOU KNOW THEIR INVESTMENTS?

The point is that 20hours/week or 40hours/week may not be enough to pay your school fees because you will eat and also pay for accommodation.

---

So, I believe Biglyanga was trying to assist you, but you actually misunderstood him.

Here's the thing: In order to face a VO and stand a good chance, you need to be brutally honest with your situation. No sugarcoating. No pampering. VOs will not look at your emotions or be sentimental. You may need to attend mock interview to assess the level of your preparedness.

Thank you.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
[/quote]
Well creative web u really got chance for this but u didn't started checking this from the root
. The boy got no good manner of approach his questions got boring and at a point I started to feel like this guy was making a morkery of.

My questions were very straight and let me tell you also people who really got good experience are not here anymore again, people like Shannon and so on. The vo is trained to only focus on your first academic yr in us. I am self funding and there are lot of people who are self funded going for studies in usa.....are u telling me that vo would go ahead and start asking them about who will pay for second yr, the answer is big no they are only focused on the first yr only and that is their job full stop. Once again USA is not a do or die UK is another big option there for me so pls advice biglyanga
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tamad101(f): 11:36pm On Jan 12, 2023
You'll most likely use either a dorm account card, virtual dollar card (the type from Flutterwave) or get someone in the US to help you pay and you give the person naira.
Greatajo:
Good evening house, I'm trying to pay for an application fee $65 but its somehow declining. How do I go about it considering the dollar spending limit? Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nooziinoo: 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
ghettonews:
Nigeria credit card limit is 50$ that is Nigeria for u my brother. U can look out for other alternatives

Hello,

Which bank gives $50 monthly?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by andico34: 2:09am On Jan 13, 2023
University of Southern California and Clemson University sent out PhD interview invites this week against Fall 2023. Did you get yours? If you didn't...work harder next time and continue pushing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 2:32am On Jan 13, 2023
Greatajo:
Good evening house, I'm trying to pay for an application fee $65 but its somehow declining. How do I go about it considering the dollar spending limit? Thank you
Do you have anyone outside Nigeria that can help you? My sister has been a big source of help with anything payments
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:37am On Jan 13, 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by cjrex501: 3:07am On Jan 13, 2023
Please can any one assist me in general us work visa enquirer. I would really appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:03am On Jan 13, 2023
Greatajo:
What program are you applying for?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 5:40am On Jan 13, 2023
Mine is Masters, Clemson University, should i be worried . Two admits so far .
andico34:
University of Southern California and Clemson University sent out PhD interview invites this week against Fall 2023. Did you get yours? If you didn't...work harder next time and continue pushing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MatanBoka(f): 6:22am On Jan 13, 2023
shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
ghettonews:

Well creative web u really got chance for this but u didn't started checking this from the root
. The boy got no good manner of approach his questions got boring and at a point I started to feel like this guy was making a morkery of.

My questions were very straight and let me tell you also people who really got good experience are not here anymore again, people like Shannon and so on. The vo is trained to only focus on your first academic yr in us. I am self funding and there are lot of people who are self funded going for studies in usa.....are u telling me that vo would go ahead and start asking them about who will pay for second yr, the answer is big no they are only focused on the first yr only and that is their job full stop. Once again USA is not a do or die UK is another big option there for me so pls advice biglyanga
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VincentTobe: 7:42am On Jan 13, 2023
[He doesn't have up to that $350 with him in the U.S and doesn't operate a dom account, that's is why I'm trying to send it. His bank is wes fargo]
Pay into a dom account in Naija if the person is from Naija and operates a dom account. You can pay into their Naira account, if they have a Naira account… Does your friend have a trusted 3rd party who can accept $ or its equivalent value, in Naija?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VincentTobe: 7:52am On Jan 13, 2023
[quote author=BigIyanga post=119960446]
Pay into a dom account in Naija if the person is from Naija and operates a dom account. You can pay into their Naira account, if they have a Naira account… Does your friend have a trusted 3rd party who can accept $ or its equivalent value, in Naija? [/ he doesn't have up to that $350 with him in the U.S and doesn't operate a dom account, that's is why I'm trying to send it. His bank is wes fargo]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Esywrite: 10:22am On Jan 13, 2023
ghettonews:
Pls how do I pay sevis fee

Get someone outside of naija to help you or download the Pay4Me App to do it yourself. It's faster with the app
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by andico34: 10:34am On Jan 13, 2023
Sisib15:
Mine is Masters, Clemson University, should i be worried . Two admits so far .

Done and dusted for Clemson University.... Msc/PhD
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 11:44am On Jan 13, 2023
Nooziinoo:

Hello,

Which bank gives $50 monthly?

Mostly first bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (561)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.