Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho (489 Views)

Wike, Tinubu: We Won’t Allow You Heat Up Nigeria – Sunday Igboho Warns Gumi / 2023: 'I Am Coming With Healing' - Isaac Idahosa, Kwakwanso's Running Mate / Herdsmen: I Am Coming To Ogun - Sunday Igboho Warns Criminals In Ogun To Prepare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho by nairalandankrah: 8:48am On Jun 26, 2022
KAYODE OYERO writes about his encounter with the Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, aka Sunday Igboho, at his residence in Cotonou, the Republic of Benin.

Believed to possess metaphysical powers by his ardent followers, Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo also known as Sunday Igboho, cheerily opened the door to welcome our correspondent to his private residence in Cotonou, the capital of Benin Republic on Friday, June 24, 2022.

It was 9pm West African time and 49-year-old Igboho wore black pyjamas with a singlet which rested comfortably on his square-shaped shoulders. He beamed with his signature smiles as he welcomed his guests including our correspondent; and his comrades in the self-determination struggle– Prof Banji Akintoye, Prof Wale Adeniran, and Mr Maxwell Adeleye, all members of the Ilana Omo Oodua group.

He genuflected as he greeted Akintoye; the 87-year-old leader of the Yoruba self-determination struggle and his deputy, Adeniran. Then, one after the other, he also recognised others within and below his age range. Igboho’s ebullience filled the expansive and well-lit room. His joy was akin to that of a hermit welcoming visitors.

“Oosa!” somebody hailed but the Yoruba Nation agitator maintained his animated smile. His clear cheeks bore his fading facial marks.

“Please sit,” Igboho said in Yoruba language. It was his first time to speak since his guests arrived and excused himself to one of the rooms. During his momentary absence, our correspondent’s eyeballs roved the white-painted room, hoping to pick the sight of a charm hung or tucked somewhere. But the weary sights landed on the trappings and furniture in the room– lemon and aluminium-coloured leather sofas, a large centre table sitting on a rug on the tiled floor, a television showing a movie, and white curtains draped over the walls. Nothing was unusual. It’s a typical average home.

While he was away, many questions rioted in our correspondent’s head and mind simultaneously; to ask him his views on multifarious issues ranging from political, sociological to metaphysical, especially how he escaped the midnight raid by operatives of the Department of State Services on July 1, 2021 at his Soka, Ibadan residence in Oyo State and how he was arrested by the Interpol at Cadjèhoun Airport in Cotonou, Benin Republic around 8pm on July 19, 2021. Did he really turn into a cat as widely speculated? These questions including his experience in prison custody in Cotonou for eight months, life as a free man, among others engaged my mind.

Igboho later emerged from one of the rooms about five minutes later, dressed in a brown top with vertical lines. He sat in one of the three-seaters beside Akintoye, and watched the television for some minutes before he started a conversation.

From 09:05pm to 11:45pm, Igboho hosted his guests and regaled them with stories of his engaging encounters with politicians, security agencies and touts.

“I am going back to Nigeria soon,” he said around 10pm after a long silence. continue reading.....

https://punchng.com/my-wife-and-i-would-have-travelled-separately-if-i-knew-of-plans-to-arrest-me-at-benin-airport-igboho/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1656217316

Re: I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho by drightguy(m): 8:51am On Jun 26, 2022
grin
Has PMB removed his leg from the ground yet??
Re: I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho by God1000(m): 8:52am On Jun 26, 2022
I hope he's not coming back to foment more trouble
Re: I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho by Kollins11: 8:54am On Jun 26, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Sunday igboho is a Real nigga, A man with a iron balls.
Re: I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho by derecho(m): 8:55am On Jun 26, 2022
Yoruba man genuflect abi prostrate?

nairalandankrah:

He genuflected as he greeted Akintoye; the 87-year-old leader of the Yoruba self-determination struggle and his deputy, Adeniran. Then, one after the other, he also recognised others within and below his age range. Igboho’s ebullience filled the expansive and well-lit room. His joy was akin to that of a hermit welcoming visitors.

https://punchng.com/my-wife-and-i-would-have-travelled-separately-if-i-knew-of-plans-to-arrest-me-at-benin-airport-igboho/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1656217316
Re: I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho by Conwarden: 8:57am On Jun 26, 2022
Ok ooo. No comment.

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . Including paternity fraudsters!
Re: I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho by Baloranking(m): 9:18am On Jun 26, 2022
Sunday igboho the youruba legend, just that his own people no rate am at all.
Re: I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho by VoteTinubu2023: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2022
He must be ready to accept that Nigeria is indivisible. Secession has no place in our land.

God bless Nigeria.

Vote Tinubu 2023. Vote APC.
Re: I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho by NaughtyBrainiac: 9:20am On Jun 26, 2022
I'm glad you have been taught the lesson of your life.

We Yorubas are not follow follow or foolish people like one region. They take instructions to kill their own people and spoil their own region, from a man enjoying comfort in the Western World.

What a backward people!

It is still these same people that have refused to abolish the stupid and barbaric OSU caste system! Who does that?

These people are the ones that will tell you to first pay the bride price of your Mother in Law if you want to marry their daughter.

They are the ones that will tell you to be in the same room for days or so with a corpse if your wife dies!

What a backward Chestbeating people!

Respect to the Wise, Sane and Civilised few amongst them.
Re: I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho by Oplomo: 9:29am On Jun 26, 2022
He is waiting for Tinubu to lose elections next year so that they can resume their fake 'yooba nesan' agitation. grin
Re: I Am Coming Back To Nigeria - Sunday Igboho by chatinent: 9:34am On Jun 26, 2022
Tinubu presidency will be one filled with agberos. I mean a calibre where it will become constitutional to pay them tax.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Is The Right Man To Rescue Nigeria- Okowa Address Supporters In Sokoto / Mr. President, What Lessons Did You Learn From Rwanda? / Nigerians, Rate Buharis Government.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.