Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,160 members, 7,949,989 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 05:00 AM

Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency (488 Views)

Prominent Nigerians Who Died In 2020 / 12 Prominent Nigerians Who Died In July 2020 / Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by Discovery4today: 9:36am On Jun 27, 2022
https://naijalatesttrend.com/2022/06/27/six-prominent-nigerians-whove-said-peter-obi-cannot-win-2023-presidency/
Six prominent Nigerians who’ve said Peter Obi cannot win 2023 presidency

Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) Peter Obi has come under criticism over his aspiration to win the presidency.

Many have argued that Obi, who is faced with too many hurdles, lacks the alliance formation across political divides and standard political structures across Nigeria.

Some others mocked Obi and his army of independent volunteers - ‘Obi-dient Movement’ for leading in various polls on social media and online platforms instead of creating physical presence in remote areas of the country especially the north.

In all of these criticisms, some prominent persons in the country’s political circle have said the former Anambra Governor would never be president of the country in 2023.

Obi, seen as an ‘underdog’, will slug it out with candidates of the two major parties: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (All Progressives Congress) and Atiku Abubakar (Peoples Democratic Party).
These are prominent individuals who have spoken against Obi’s candidacy:

Babangida Aliyu

Former Niger Governor Babangida Aliyu said Obi is a good candidate but 2023 would be too early for him to make it.

Aliyu said: “Peter Obi is my good friend and a former member of my former Governors forum. A very excellent person.
“His candidature, in terms of the Presidency, – I think he will make some name now. But he may be able to make it only in 2027, 2031. But 2023? Too early.

“Even though the young people might go for him, the name is not dropping everywhere else. I doubt if Nigerians are ready for him now as a presidential person.

“I would have loved him as a Vice President. Many of us were rooting for him to be Vice President to Atiku again.”

Ned Nwoko

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senatorial candidate for Delta North, Prince Ned Nwoko declared Obi cannot win the 2023 presidency.

He advised the former Anambra Governor to return to the PDP and pick a ministerial appointment.

The former House of Representatives member said Peter Obi’s current party lacks the structure to produce the presidency despite his seemingly large support base.

He eulogised Obi, describing him as a very ‘frugal and conservative’ in his dealings while he was Governor.

“People Obi is a good man, I’ve known him for many years. When I did my Paris club refund for Anambra State, he impressed me.

“He impressed me because he will actually pick the phone to arrange my flight. He will pick his phone to book my hotel. And he was the governor.
“He actually came to London and didn’t come like other governors that came to see me, to give me instructions. He came alone, carrying his bag.

“We will like him back in the PDP. I would want to be one of those that’ll encourage him to come back to PDP. We can have him.”
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO READ MORE
https://naijalatesttrend.com/2022/06/27/six-prominent-nigerians-whove-said-peter-obi-cannot-win-2023-presidency/

Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by Baawaa(m): 9:36am On Jun 27, 2022
Truth is really bitter,that soludo statement is thick," Obi will labour in vain in labour party"
Oppo!
Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by Discovery4today: 9:37am On Jun 27, 2022
Can Peter Obi win

Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by Xscape1993(m): 9:37am On Jun 27, 2022
It is well always....
Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by PresidObi: 9:40am On Jun 27, 2022
Even Jose Mourinho never believed Chelsea can win the champions league in 2012.

But Chelsea later won.

2 Likes

Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by Blakjewelry(m): 9:41am On Jun 27, 2022
Some how they are right
Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by Naijanascam: 9:44am On Jun 27, 2022
Just say Six Nigerians that are part of the system happening in Nigeria today and want the status quo to remain.....
Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by Quest7777: 9:45am On Jun 27, 2022
Their 6 votes means nothing to a People's Revolution.
Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by Smithkafors(m): 9:48am On Jun 27, 2022
Be there talking about prominent people who are benefiting from the corrupt entity called Nigerian. Their children are outside the country while you are suffering in the country.
Youths wake up!

Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by mycar: 9:57am On Jun 27, 2022
What are there reasons?
Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by TinubuDeDrugLor: 10:00am On Jun 27, 2022
Only terrorists and chronically corrupt induviduals, gangsters and drug lords will say that.

Why is the corrupt afraid of Peter Obi presidency?
Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by SlurUsername1: 10:03am On Jun 27, 2022
Peter obi supporters are nothing but clowns. Someone needs to sing it loud into their ears that potitics is not BB NIAJA.
Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by ItsTutsi(m): 10:03am On Jun 27, 2022
7. Ali Ibrahim Tukur
Pandora hobi can't be president because his a flat.head from a second class region
Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by Sergio101(m): 10:05am On Jun 27, 2022
If eventually obi wins.......na to reduce the price of sniper go really matter first.

I stand strong on Obi's mandate
Re: Six Prominent Nigerians Who’ve Said Peter Obi Cannot Win 2023 Presidency by Maxymilliano(m): 10:08am On Jun 27, 2022
Well, the six prominent Nigerians are not electoral umpires and only entitled to six votes.

Gone are the days when few self centered individuals will speak on behalf of millions of Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

2023: North East Elders Endorse Peter Obi Of Labour Party / Latest Tinubu Slogan / Be Ware Of Bats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.