Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are (29747 Views)

Extra Cleanup As Rainfall Hits Podium Where Tinubu Will Take Oath Of Office. Vid / 19 States Where Tinubu May Lose This Presidential Election / Okupe: Obi Won’t Attend Debates Where Tinubu, Atiku Are Absent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by Iseoluwani: 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2022
alfredilly:

You call yourself Iseoluwani, yet falling for Igbo campaign here. For more than two years, they have consistently devoted their time to blackmailing Tinubu

So? I should vote Tinubu because I am yoruba. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by EkelediliBuhari: 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
jagaban1111:

You people don't get this...they stole everything����

[qu 11ote author=EkelediliBuhari post=114255020]every public officer ought to have go through the NYSC program

Modified:
NYSC was created in 1973 and he graduated in 1979

for those quoting me about his age and exemption...

Minimum age for exemption is 30 years

He says he just clocked 70 in 2022 and he graduated in 1979.... hence he was barely 27 when he graduated from University
so he basically cant exempt himself...

if he did manage to sneak that one through.... where is the exemption certificate.

and left his thieving arse grin grin
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
Quest7777:
So much wahala on this Tinubu's head. The bat is just too controversial to be the exalted President of FRN. Poor Health status, bullion van saga, questionable age & education status, Agbero character, drugs dealings, End SARS saga, Na-my-turn desperation, Muslim-Muslim ticket... the controversies are just endless.
If not that his conscience has been blinded by Na-My-Turn desperation, he should have been apologising to Nigerians for foisting the disaster Buhari on us. Then he would have remained at the background & supported Osinbajo who is a more credible candidate.
Also...

Truth is, his name generates clicks and sells Papers. He's an enigma and he will be President. That he made a first class in Accounting shows he's not at the level of Obi and co even in intelligence. He also beats them all when we talk of Trackrecords. I am very proud of my choice!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by mozes01(m): 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
Miracle2020:
academic qualifications is different from nysc certificate or exemption letter.
Mind you, Abiodun provided other academic qualifications,but in Tinubu case he don't have any other qualification except a degree and in Nigeria it is compulsory for a degree holder to have nysc certificate or exemption letter. Secondary schools certificate would have been enough to qualify Tinubu but since he don't have that then he must present his nysc certificate or exemption letter.
We will follow this case up to the supreme court.

like the judgement of the Federal high Court, it is not compulsory for an elected person.
might be a different case for a nominated or an appointed candidate.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by wolebest: 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
How can we be asking for NYSC certificates from someone who schooled and worked in the US for years before returning home?

There are exceptions.........

My Dad's nephew who studied, worked and lived in the US back in the 70's is back at home enjoying politics. Nobody is asking about NYSC Certificate from him. It does not apply to him, because he lived most of his life outside Nigeria.

Why don't we ask Buhari for his NYSC certificate, he has always been in Nigeria all his life......!
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by mozes01(m): 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
Miracle2020:
academic qualifications is different from nysc certificate or exemption letter.
Mind you, Abiodun provided other academic qualifications,but in Tinubu case he don't have any other qualification except a degree and in Nigeria it is compulsory for a degree holder to have nysc certificate or exemption letter. Secondary schools certificate would have been enough to qualify Tinubu but since he don't have that then he must present his nysc certificate or exemption letter.
We will follow this case up to the supreme court.

Section 177 states;

“A person shall be qualified for election to the office of Governor of a State if: (a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth; (b) he has attained the age of thirty-five years; (c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party, and (d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.”

do you now understand why he doesn't need an NYSC certificate?

please, if the above section is still not clear to you, kindly ignore my mention. ori ti nfo mi.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by famology(m): 2:20pm On Jun 29, 2022
There's no where in the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria that stipulates non participation of anyone in nysc as a ground for disqualification. To that extent, the subject matter is useless at the point in time. You people will continue to chase shadow until Tinubu is elected president. It's obvious Tinubu will be president because the 2015 history is obviously being replicated in 2023. Like Buhari was the topic everywhere then, so is Tinubu today. You would even think Tinubu is contesting against Bola Ahmed.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by oyatz(m): 2:22pm On Jun 29, 2022
AFRICANJAMAICA:
Lol

Some urchins and fools are trying to make this election a tribal war,but this is truth.

1.Evans the kidnapper is more qualify than tinubu.
2.the late shekau would have been more qualified than tinubu.

Finally,the level Nigeria is right now,we don't need any election,all we need is to carry palm wine and go n meet Peter obi or osibanjo to help us to lift Nigeria from this mess

Who do you honestly think will win the presidential election?
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by oyatz(m): 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
wolebest:
How can we be asking for NYSC certificates from someone who schooled and worked in the US for years before returning home?

My Dad's nephew who studied, worked and lived in the US back in the 70's is back at home enjoying politics. Nobody is asking about NYSC Certificate from him. It does not apply to him, because he lived most of his life outside Nigeria.

Why don't we ask Buhari for his NYSC certificate, he has always been in Nigeria all his life......!

Military and Police officers don't need to participate in NYSC which is actually a para-military program.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by Prinxzona10: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2022
Iseoluwani:

So? I should vote Tinubu because I am yoruba. Nonsense
You've seen the damage the political elites have done to an average Nigerians that their own prerequisite for electing president must be on a tribal or religious affiliations and not by credibility or by competency of the candidate..
I weep for so many Nigerians especially those suffering from Stockholm syndrome, just like that guy that quoted you first to comment trash... I rest my case..Gracias!!!!

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by aribisala0(m): 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2022
wolebest:

Is that your opinion or is it based on something concrete?

The law applies to you whether or not you lived most of your live outside Nigeria. That is just an assumption you are making . The law does not say anything aout where you live .

So when you say "there are exceptions" what do you rely on .? Your idea of how things should be or something tangible you can share with us?
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by oyatz(m): 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Please, what documents did he use to get into Richard Daley college? Or I can work in there and they will give me admission without any previous Primary/high school result.

You can be admitted if you write and pass GED which is similar to our own GCE

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by famology(m): 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
If you want to know how ignorant Nigerians are, just come to nairaland. Lol.......the level of illiteracy in Nigeria is well reflected on nairaland. If nysc is not a qualification for running for elective position why the fuss? Lol......mumu people.

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by aribisala0(m): 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2022
oyatz:

Military and Police officers don't need to participate in NYSC which is actually a para-military program.

They do not need to participate you are correct.

Please share the source of definition for para-military and what it is that makes NYSC para-military. I do not believe NYSC is para-military
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by Miracle2020: 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
mozes01:

Section 177 states;

“A person shall be qualified for election to the office of Governor of a State if: (a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth; (b) he has attained the age of thirty-five years; (c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party, and (d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.”

please, if the above section is still not clear to you, kindly ignore my mention. ori ti nfo mi.
don't also forget the section that makes nysc compulsory for every graduate. You can only be exempted because of ill health or over age. Therefore you should know know that your degree qualifications is useless without nysc or exemption letter. The issue of nysc would have been ignored if he has other qualifications like secondary school certificate or primary school certificate.
Bsc without nysc or exemption letter is not a Bsc.
Mr man you cannot call a car a car if there is no engine in the car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2022
oyatz:

You can be admitted if you write and pass GED which is similar to our own GCE

That is what we are asking for. Equivalent to WASSCE or SSCE. We have not seen.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by oyatz(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2022
aribisala0:
Is that your opinion or is it based on something concrete?

The law applies to you whether or not you lived most of your live outside Nigeria. That is just an assumption you are making . The law does not say anything aout where you live .

So when you say "there are exceptions" what do you rely on .? Your idea of how things should be or something tangible you can share with us?

The involvement graduates who school abroad, exemption of NCE holders in the NYSC Just like the age limit were later addicitions.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by Iseoluwani: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
Prinxzona10:

You've seen the damage the political elites have done to an average Nigerians that their own prerequisite for electing president must be on a tribal or religious affiliations and not by credibility or by competency of the candidate..
I weep for so many Nigerians especially those suffering from Stockholm syndrome, just like that guy that quoted you first to comment trash... I rest my case..Gracias!!!!

Don't mind the mumu. alfredilly is just one of the people has been brainwashed by 30k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by oyatz(m): 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

That is what we are asking for. Equivalent to WASSCE or SSCE. We have not seen.

Who are the 'We' ,do you mean Richard Dalley College, Chicago State University or INEC?
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by Blessedassuranc(f): 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2022
Mina79:

I doubt if NYSC was in existence when our acient of days Tinubu graduated.

it was. Started in 1973 while he said he graduated in 1979. And based on his said present age, he shld be about 27 years as at then

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2022
oyatz:

Who are the 'We' ,do you mean Richard Dalley College, Chicago State University or INEC?

Critics.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by Miracle2020: 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2022
Echoban:

And who told u guys BAT didn't do NYSC?? Wetin una dey smoke self?? So because he is contesting he must show u all his certificate? Has Atiku , PO, and other Aspirants showwn theirs??

Atiku and Peter Obi cases are different. Atiku and Peter Obi have secondary school certificate which can be used as a qualifications. But for tinubu, he neither have primary school certificate nor secondary school certificate. Therefore,the only certificate is a degree and a degree cannot be complete without nysc certificate or exemption letter.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by Blessedassuranc(f): 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
Echoban:

And who told u guys BAT didn't do NYSC?? Wetin una dey smoke self?? So because he is contesting he must show u all his certificate? Has Atiku , PO, and other Aspirants showwn theirs??

YES HE SHLD SHOW US ALL HIS CERTIFICATES ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE PREREQUISITES FOR THE POSITION HE IS VYING FOR
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by garfield1: 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2022
jaxxy:

Tinubu will be disqualified. Amaechi will be Apcs candidate.

That won't happen sir.only an apc aspirant can go to court.plus if tinubu is disq, apc is disq.all these years,you still haven't grasped legal things
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by garfield1: 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lovelive:
... Because we are in Nigeria ?

Don't worry, things can change when you are not even expecting them.

Time will tell

Tinubu is the next president
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by oyatz(m): 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
aribisala0:
They do not need to participate you are correct.

Please share the source of definition for para-military and what it is that makes NYSC para-military. I do not believe NYSC is para-military

The NYSC was conceptualized by a Military Regime initially as a Reserved Force comparising of young graduates but at the implementation phase, the Regime were afraid that exposing educated youths to military training could lead to 'coups' and the programme was readjusted.

Till today, the enrolles into the NYSC are trained by soldiers at a camp for 21 days and the Scheme is headed by a Military Officer.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by Miracle2020: 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
mozes01:

Section 177 states;

please go back and think critically. Had it been tinubu have a secondary school certificate there will be no problem, but since he don't have primary school certificate nor secondary school certificate the only certificate certificate he have is Bsc and in Nigeria Bsc is not considered as a certificate without nysc or exemption letter. Therefore if Tinubu produce a Bsc certificate without nysc certificate or exemption letter is as good as not providing any result. Think think think
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by oyatz(m): 2:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Critics.

The critics don't have any roles to play in the registration of candidates for elections as stipulated by the Constitution, so he doesn't need to answer them.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by oyatz(m): 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2022
Miracle2020:
please go back and think critically. Had it been tinubu have a secondary school certificate there will be no problem, but since he don't have primary school certificate nor secondary school certificate the only certificate certificate he have is Bsc and in Nigeria Bsc is not considered as a certificate without nysc or exemption letter. Therefore if Tinubu produce a Bsc certificate without nysc certificate or exemption letter is as good as not providing any result. Think think think

You are equating your own biased opinion with the law.

You don't need to do NYSC to be eligible for elections, the courts have ruled on this in the recent past.

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by garfield1: 3:04pm On Jun 29, 2022
Goldenkrezi:

Is it OR Is it not? Na straight answer you suppose give.
This is how students fail woefully and blame it on their poor lecturers.
Comprehension is a goddamn bitch!

It might be a crime in civil matters but not under electoral matters.it is not a constitutional requirement and the courts have ruled recently that it is not a requirement for elections
Re: Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are by Miracle2020: 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2022
oyatz:

You are equating your own biased opinion with the law.

You don't need to do NYSC to be eligible for elections, the courts have ruled on this in the recent past.

I agree with that but you must have other qualifications.
Ok pls tell me the qualification that tinubu presented? There is no primary school certificate,there is no secondary school certificate,there is no tertiary education certificate. So please tell us what certificate did tinubu present.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? / IPOB Threat: Count Us Out Of Operation Python Dance, Say South East Governors / PDP Delegates From 21 LGAs Storm Maduka's Hometown To Show Solidarity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.