Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,160 members, 7,977,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:25 AM

Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype (10418 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / Caption This Photo Of Governor Rotimi Amaechi Dancing Explosively At A Rally / Rotimi Amaechi In His APC-Customised Reflective Sunglasses (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by MrGlobe(m): 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2011
Teadro_Tec:

[center]PRACTICAL! PRACTICAL!! PRACTICAL!!!
TEADRO INFOTECH IS AT IT AGAIN:
LEARN HOW TO REPAIR COMPUTERS AND CREATE INTER-NETWORK CONNECTIVITY
USING REAL LIFE CISCO EQUIPMENTS.
AT THE COMPLETION OF THE TRAINING, YOU WILL ACQUIRE COMPETENCY IN:
• COMPUTER COMPONENT RECOGNITION
• HOW TO ASSEMBLE COMPUTERS
• HOW TO INSTALL, TROUBLE SHOOT SOFTWARES AND OPERATING SYSTEMS
• INSTALL AND CONFIGURE NETWORK USING CISCO ROUTERS AND SWITHCHES
• CABLE TECHNOLOGY AND TERMINATION.

ALL IN 10 INTENSIVE DAYS:
FOR JUST 10,000 NAIRA.

1ST BATCH STARTS= AUG 1ST
2ND BATCH STARTS= AUG 8TH
3RD BATCH STARTS= AUG 15TH

TEADRO INFO TECH:#76 STADIUM ROAD PORT HARCOURT

LESS THEORY, MORE PRACTICAL!
[color=#990000][/color]
[/center]
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Seaun wey your mumu auto spam bot?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by EkoIle1: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2011
mithel:

lmao,phantom and ekoile are the same thing.both doin their fair bit of protecting their pay masters.

Why not find something meaningful to contribute to the discussion instead of the same irrelevant and ignorant illiterate rubbish?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by bossinie: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2011
aguiyi:

you are just crying more than the mourner. in your haste to rubbish amaechi , you have forgotten to compare what has been achieved by his administration to that of his predecessor.
what about the security situation in the state or you are not aware of that. The man stands out when compared to the like of theodore, oshiomole , silva and others so let him be
I believe the posters observation and opinion is quite objective, impulsively hauling a stone at him does not make you more admirable.The hype about the performance of Gov. Amaechi in my opinion is a little over-rated for two reasons(1)The non-performance of his predecessor & god-father has made any little effort by him to be magnified unnecessarily (2)With the magnitude of revenue generated internally and via allocation from the FG monthly which is comparable to that of Lagos alone i believe much more should be expected of this 'wonderful gov.'
The challenge we have as a people is that when one heavier burden of governance is lifted and replaced with a lighter one we go into some hysteria praising these public servants as they they are doing us a favor whereas what we ought to do is to keep holding them accountable for every penny of state funds in their care.
Yes,most of the roads in the state are either totally bad,going bad or a lame excuse of under construction examples (1)Agip juntion (2)Ada-George junction(total mess) (3)Junction b/4 UST junction that connects Ada-George (4)Iwofe road etc. The governor may have done quite well in the areas of Health,Education and Security but he has failed woefully in road construction,rehabilitation and maintenance.He has also allowed unqualified construction companies to handle huge projects thereby wasting scare resources(He even apologized on-air for this blunder) that did not bring back the wasted resources or stop him from re-awarding same contracts to gov. cronies who will never do the jobs right.And i wonder why he cannot employ sound project managers to better manage most of these 'cut & join constructions' going on everywhere.

Another sad point to note is that he never puts the right people who will criticize him constructively but dummies who cannot look him in the face and say sir you got it wrong here.The former commissioner for works 'Dakuku' said on air in Oct.,2009 that the Ada-George road have been awarded to Gitto Construction company and "Fully paid for" that the company will commence work fully Nov.,same year.When you visit the same road today even right now as i speak nothing has been done, in fact the road is still in a mess.Ques. if all the money has been paid in 2009 and we are in 2011 why has Gitto failed to go to work since then.This is just one case out of many in the state.

To now say that the post is not constructive is in the least hypocritical or shear wickedness in the face of sufferings by commuters. angry
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by Reference(m): 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

Kaduna is building a new city from scratch and their budget for 2011 is N136.5bn. Though I'm sure they are getting additional financing from other sources.

This is an example, a model of what the initiators think is development but is it really development. Is it people initiated and driven? Can they afford it. Did they ask for it. Can they pay to keep it. Does it relieve some pressure somewhere. Is it an asset. Is it appreciated. Is it progressive. Is it needed. If it is, then government can build it and walk away knowing a Dubai, Newyork or Shanghai has been created but if it (as I suspect) an allocation fuelled joy ride for someone to make it and someplace to look cool then government has just signed away its paltry resources to the gods of eternal road patching and endless maintenance.

I don't think city centres worldwide undertake such radical alterations the way we do things here. The skyline across Paris during yesterdays Tour (de France)' end shows not much has changed. What they have they take care of. Because they see development in holistic light and not a government versus people thing. Real development (not middle eastern petro-fuelled models) are systematic and deliberate. Shanghai has moved fast but what we see today is not a ten year job.

Amaechi and the likes must make the average man partake in his own development. People must be aware of what is happening all around them. What is available and what it takes to provide the means for their livelihood. Only then can it be supported, appreciated and ultimately maintained and enhanced.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by bossinie: 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2011
Maximip:

@phantom

1) The roads may be good but I think most of the roads are still too narrow. hold up everywhere. Those roads will need to be further expanded and new roads created cos PH is fast growing and getting really populated.

2) I don't thinks contracts should be awarded for roads cos it makes it really expensive. Besides, road construction does not need any special secret technology. There's no harm in creating a govt own road construction company to build roads day-in  day-out 356 days a year so as to save cost.
E b like say u know want make the see small 'egunje' from there, they will rather abandon these roads than repair them without any kick-backs. grin
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by EkoIle1: 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2011
Reference:

This is an example, a model of what the initiators think is development but is it really development. Is it people initiated and driven? Can they afford it. Did they ask for it. Can they pay to keep it. Does it relieve some pressure somewhere. Is it an asset. Is it appreciated. Is it progressive. Is it needed. If it is, then government can build it and walk away knowing a Dubai, Newyork or Shanghai has been created but if it (as I suspect) an allocation fuelled joy ride for someone to make it and someplace to look cool then government has just signed away its paltry resources to the gods of eternal road patching and endless maintenance.

I don't think city centres worldwide undertake such radical alterations the way we do things here. The skyline across Paris during yesterdays Tour (de France)' end shows not much has changed. What they have they take care of. Because they see development in holistic light and not a government versus people thing. Real development (not middle eastern petro-fuelled models) are systematic and deliberate. Shanghai has moved fast but what we see today is not a ten year job.

Amaechi and the likes must make the average man partake in his own development. People must be aware of what is happening all around them. What is available and what it takes to provide the means for their livelihood. Only then can it be supported, appreciated and ultimately maintained and enhanced.

Do you really think the thousands of folks heading to the different construction sites everyday are not getting paid, paying taxes and contributing to the state's economy?

What about the folks getting paid and paying taxes just by providing goods and services like food and other needs to the same thousands of people engaged in this projects?

The number 1 catalyst for economic growth is construction and Kaduna remains the major economic powerhouse in the Northern Nigeria.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by bossinie: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2011
jodeci:

THE ELIOZU/AIRFORCE ROAD UP WHERE IT JOINED AIRPORT ROAD WAS SHABILY CONSTRUCTED BY THE PAST ADMNISTRATION.AMAECHI'S ADMNISTRATION ONLY RE AWARDED THE CONTRACT TO RCC AND IF YOU ARE FAIR,YOU WILL AGREE THAT THE QUALITY OF JOB BEING DONE IS SUPER,THE DRAINAGE SYSTEM SUPER,THE ROAD STRETCHES AS FAR AS THE STADIUM ROAD.
Because that is where you probably reside but try moving around a bit these days particularly if you have to drive around through most areas in one day.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by stagger: 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2011
Gov Amaechi needs to stop giving road contracts to local contractors. The nature of the soil is not one that can support sub-standard road jobs. You may get away with it in the north, but not in a state that is in the Mangrove swamp area.

The Choba-Rumuokwuta road is a case in point. The stories behind the contract award of that road are simply distasteful. Already, some of the areas around the Ozuoba axis are showing signs of disrepair. This is a section that I am quite sure is not up to a year old. He needs to look into the roads seriously.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by chimaike: 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2011
guy wetin u dey criticize Amechi, the guy dey really work, have you guys seen the new bridge he built beside Christian council,before Waja river, you can use that road to access Eastern by pass, abi na the link road from Waja junction to Ogbunabali.

The guy dey work, abeg make una hail am.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by zeal500: 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2011
i simply do not understand some pple here
no offence though but seriously wt the media hype abt d governor hell no!!!!!! wht we hv on ground here in rivers state in general and port-harcourt in particular is simply sad
Dt we hv some level of sanity called security to some point we all shd rejoice(even where at some pubs sm element wt militant id's use it to slap pple arud in d presence of police men while d later stand aside n do nothing)
wt d amt of money received each month by dis administration which is far higher dan dt which d last administration collected which cannot in any way b quantified wt d level of work done or on ground
awarding contracts to coys like mcc,zerok who spends 2years on a project is killing even when figures given for dis jobs are just unimaginable
apart from d few completed road which sm hv already started given way wt emerging dangerous pot hole i challenge any to tell me roads dt are okay >>>>
dis media hype shd better stop
nonsense
enuf of dis completed schls dt are not occupied by student
enuf of dis greter phc project dt hv no bearing
if truely dev is needed then places like ikwreetch,umuebule,obigbo,igrita etc shd hav tractor move in n work on drainage systems n dev a master plan so dt when d communities there sell d land it will simply b build n park in instead of wasting money in d name of payin compensation where they hv sacred cows
enuf of this media hype
"i am trading in my old private jet for another one new worth how much"
hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
barning keke n wife is getting another type of keke wt doors an i wonder why d barn
enuf of this media hype
sooner or later d pple will take there destiny into their hands and free em selves frm tyranny n deciet
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by Reference(m): 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

Do you really think the thousands of folks heading to the different construction sites everyday are not getting paid, paying taxes and contributing to the state's economy?

What about the folks getting paid and paying taxes just by providing goods and services like food and other needs to the same thousands of people engaged in this projects?

The number 1 catalyst for economic growth is construction and Kaduna remains the major economic powerhouse in the Northern Nigeria.

True but this constitutes internal revenue generation which all of them states complain is insufficient to deliver facilities and maintain those existing. Or are we saying all roads, drains, water, power, sewage lines in Kaduna are okay and then insufficient to warrant expansion.

What I'm saying and the question before them is clear. How do you keep these roads, these buildings in shape. We have not figured out these yet. How do you maintain them when you are over stretched on the upside i.e. expansion, creating new ones. For instance, if you plan to build 100 km of roads a year, by the tenth year or so (when they get bad) you will be building 200 km of roads a year. This is a pickle even the Federal government has not been able to sort out with 45% allocation, what do you expect states to do.

If you visit or live in the FCT, great city, fantastic (by our standards) infrastructure. But what worries some people is how to keep it that way perpetually. Roads, drains and sewage lines in the older parts of the city are already cracking up and there's no move to handle them now. The airport and northern ring roads reconstruction and expansion have already shaken the government so badly that PPP is proposed for new zones. This is the real question and that which faces states most of which have to contend with rising recurrent costs as well.

It is not a joke. The Lagos state government has tried the PPP route on the Lekki axis but has met with stiff resistance. Why? I'm sure the government must be scratching its head thinking of how it will bridge infrastructural maintenance gap. These problems are real. The government has to square the circle. It has to find another way of doing it. So building new ones must be a very serious consideration if they have any foresight. It has to be really needed, come cheap and be affordable so that government can hands off albeit permanently. That's my view.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by 5d5b1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2011
i read most of the comments in amazement, i have been a resident of PH since some tym in the 90s. I went to Ada George yesterday morning, an area i was a resident of about 3yrs ago, came in thru winnpy, to go to imgbuoba axis of the area. the decay that had overtaking the area was heart breaking.
i do agree with the poster, the current govt of rivers state is badly over hyped if u ask me. That One can count the number of motor able roads in a city of such status is a disgrace any way u look @ it .
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by otokx(m): 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2011
Happy to note that people are finally speaking up; AMAECHI in himself may mean well and he does speak frankly most times but the system is just too bad. The new games village that was used for the sports festival we hear is no where near half complete, most of the model schools are not in use, same for the famous two hundred and something clinics. Choba - Rumokwuta road is a sad reminder of the reality of the insanity; a new road that is not complete that is already being patched by the original contractor that built the road. AMAECHI should order those guys to do a total resurfacing of the entire stretch of the road. Contractors who collect money up front and runaway should be taking to court and then banned for life from ever doing such roads; when i say ban it should be done on the directors of the company because most times they just go and reincorporate another company and its the same old looters. He should take a cue from Akwa Ibom that gave all its roads to Julius Berger and till tomorrow the governor can beat his chest even in his worst nightmare.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by phantom(m): 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
Boss , are you in ph?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by siaco(m): 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2011
::5:d5b1::

i read most of the comments in amazement, i have been a resident of PH since some tym in the 90s. I went to Ada George yesterday morning, an area i was a resident of about 3yrs ago, came in thru winnpy, to go to imgbuoba axis of the area. the decay that had overtaking the area was heart breaking.
i do agree with the poster, the current govt of rivers state is badly over hyped if u ask me. That One can count the number of motor able roads in a city of such status is a disgrace any way u look @ it .     
correct o jarri, i live in dat axis, no taxi are willing 2 ply from st Jonh 2 winpy again. Those of us living that axis comprising elioparanwo, ogbogoro, mkpo village, eagle, iwofe, we are seeing hell. Amaechi is working indeed.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by gidson12(m): 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2011
Lol, . . .welcome to port harcourt, where the money is much bur less to show for it, what can i say, Amaechi's administrator is still better than his predecessors. . . .
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by phantom(m): 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2011
nigerians na wa o!!! you pass through adageorge everyday and see gitto working yet una no dey satisfied, should he repair all the roads in one night?
we keep complaining about our leaders yet the followers are worse, nigerians are indeed a stubborn people!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by phantom(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
::5:d5b1::

are they currently working on the road or not
zeal500:

i simply do not understand some pple here
no offence though but seriously wt the media hype abt d governor hell no!!!!!! wht we hv on ground here in rivers state in general and port-harcourt in particular is simply sad
Dt we hv some level of sanity called security to some point we all shd rejoice(even where at some pubs sm element wt militant id's use it to slap pple arud in d presence of police men while d later stand aside n do nothing)
wt d amt of money received each month by dis administration which is far higher dan dt which d last administration collected which cannot in any way b quantified wt d level of work done or on ground
awarding contracts to coys like mcc,zerok who spends 2years on a project is killing even when figures given for dis jobs are just unimaginable
apart from d few completed road which sm hv already started given way wt emerging dangerous pot hole i challenge any to tell me roads dt are okay >>>>
dis media hype shd better stop
nonsense
enuf of dis completed schls dt are not occupied by student
enuf of dis greter phc project dt hv no bearing
if truely dev is needed then places like ikwreetch,umuebule,obigbo,igrita etc shd hav tractor move in n work on drainage systems n dev a master plan so dt when d communities there sell d land it will simply b build n park in instead of wasting money in d name of payin compensation where they hv sacred cows
enuf of this media hype
"i am trading in my old private jet for another one new worth how much"
hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
barning keke n wife is getting another type of keke wt doors an i wonder why d barn
enuf of this media hype
sooner or later d pple will take there destiny into their hands and free em selves frm tyranny n deciet

oga apart from NTA choba road that everyone knows is a failure(amaechi himself has acknowledged that fact), i dare you to tell us which road amechi has "reconstructed" that has given way, thanks.
stagger:

Gov Amaechi needs to stop giving road contracts to local contractors. The nature of the soil is not one that can support sub-standard road jobs. You may get away with it in the north, but not in a state that is in the Mangrove swamp area.

The Choba-Rumuokwuta road is a case in point. The stories behind the contract award of that road are simply distasteful. Already, some of the areas around the Ozuoba axis are showing signs of disrepair. This is a section that I am quite sure is not up to a year old. He needs to look into the roads seriously.
thank you, minus NTA choba, which else
bossinie:

I believe the posters observation and opinion is quite objective, impulsively hauling a stone at him does not make you more admirable.The hype about the performance of Gov. Amaechi in my opinion is a little over-rated for two reasons(1)The non-performance of his predecessor & god-father has made any little effort by him to be magnified unnecessarily (2)With the magnitude of revenue generated internally and via allocation from the FG monthly which is comparable to that of Lagos alone i believe much more should be expected of this 'wonderful gov.'
The challenge we have as a people is that when one heavier burden of governance is lifted and replaced with a lighter one we go into some hysteria praising these public servants as they they are doing us a favor whereas what we ought to do is to keep holding them accountable for every penny of state funds in their care.
Yes,most of the roads in the state are either totally bad,going bad or a lame excuse of under construction examples (1)Agip juntion (2)Ada-George junction(total mess) (3)Junction b/4 UST junction that connects Ada-George (4)Iwofe road etc. The governor may have done quite well in the areas of Health,Education and Security but he has failed woefully in road construction,rehabilitation and maintenance.He has also allowed unqualified construction companies to handle huge projects thereby wasting scare resources(He even apologized on-air for this blunder) that did not bring back the wasted resources or stop him from re-awarding same contracts to gov. cronies who will never do the jobs right.And i wonder why he cannot employ sound project managers to better manage most of these 'cut & join constructions' going on everywhere.

Another sad point to note is that he never puts the right people who will criticize him constructively but dummies who cannot look him in the face and say sir you got it wrong here.The former commissioner for works 'Dakuku' said on air in Oct.,2009 that the Ada-George road have been awarded to Gitto Construction company and "Fully paid for" that the company will commence work fully Nov.,same year.When you visit the same road today even right now as i speak nothing has been done, in fact the road is still in a mess.Ques. if all the money has been paid in 2009 and we are in 2011 why has Gitto failed to go to work since then.This is just one case out of many in the state.

To now say that the post is not constructive is in the least hypocritical or shear wickedness in the face of sufferings by commuters. angry
i ask again ar you or do you live in PH
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by Bensonite: 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2011
@ Phamtom,
Your query of if people live in PH is worrisome. You are not more Port Harcourt resident than pple here making constructive criticism of Amaechi. I admire your contributions a lot on this forum but on this you are wrong. Amaechi is over hyped even before the elections for simple reasons of Odili waste and useless 8yrs. Governors forum chairman is certainly going to be a distraction to Amaechi- he is already making effort to buy 2012 model jet for his frequent Abuja travels that will add no value to the average Rivers man. If you partook/move round in the just concluded garden city games 2011, you will see the mess ups(besides opening and closing ceremony jamboree in elekahia stadium) etc.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by fyncorp: 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2011
You failed to mention the State of Oyigbo roads , a town thats 10 mins from portharcourt town.
Oyigbo is the 3rd  largest town  in Rivers State with highest population  , I will be doing a publication about this city soon with pictures of the state of infrastructure there.Its a great shame to call portharcourt garden city
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by phantom(m): 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2011
Bensonite:

@ Phamtom,
Your query of if people live in PH is worrisome. You are not more Port Harcourt resident than pple here making constructive criticism of Amaechi. I admire your contributions a lot on this forum but on this you are wrong. Amaechi is over hyped even before the elections for simple reasons of Odili waste and useless 8yrs. Governors forum chairman is certainly going to be a distraction to Amaechi- he is already making effort to buy 2012 model jet for his frequent Abuja travels that will add no value to the average Rivers man. If you partook/move round in the just concluded garden city games 2011, you will see the mess ups(besides opening and closing ceremony jamboree in elekahia stadium) etc.
ha oga benson, grin grin grin are you saying that living/not living in PH is not relevant to this arguement?for all i know you might have left PH ages ago and do not really know whats happening.All the criticisms on this thread are very welcome and infact i wish the governor can read this thread, but it seems we just criticise for criticizing sake, its one thing to criticize and another to do it FAIRLY, for instance many people have shouted about adageorge, a stranger reading this thread will think adageorge has been abandoned and will have no idea active work is going on there everyday even inspite of the rains.someone even mentioned "the beginning of the link road connecting ikwerre rd near UST to agip" as being broken down forgetting its the beginning of ADA george, hope you catch my drift?
fyncorp:

You failed to mention the State of Oyigbo roads , a town thats 10 mins from portharcourt town.
Oyigbo is the 3rd  largest town  in Rivers State with highest population  , I will be doing a publication about this city soon with pictures of the state of infrastructure there.Its a great shame to call portharcourt garden city
remember that oyigbo for years had been at the centre of tussles between the rivers and imo state govts over ownership withresultant halt in development BUT that aside theirs is indeed a sorry situation and i cant defend amaechi on that,
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by ektbear: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2011
OT: How did he get the name Rotimi?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by ezeagu(m): 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2011
Rotimi is his middle name, His full name is Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi. His father was probably just being nationalistic.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by sleekfella(m): 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2011
at least something is happening in river state. my guy i am inviting you to come to delta state, let me see if you will blast rotimi anymore
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by ektbear: 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
ezeagu:

Rotimi is his middle name, His full name is Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi. His father was probably just being nationalistic.

I see. Thanks
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by phantom(m): 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
sleekfella:

at least something is happening in river state. my guy i am inviting you to come to delta state, let me see if you will blast rotimi anymore
but i hear say uduaghan dey try, abi na scam? grin
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by Abagworo(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2011
I will score Amaechi 80% because he has done well.If not for the rural roads he constructed in the Elele,Ozuoha,Ubima,Omerelu axis the poor State of the Owerri-PH road would have been a nightmare by now.Every road being mentioned here by his haters are under construction.The Omagwa-Ozuoba,Nta-Choba,Ada George,Okporo Road(About to start),G.U. Ake(Sadium-Rukpokwu via Eliozu),Creek Road(Borokiri and most Town Roads).

While he has his flaws as human,his achievements far outweighs them.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by fyncorp: 12:27am On Jul 26, 2011
Oyigbo local government is in Rivers State and not under any form of contention.
We are working on a comprehensive report about the situation in the local government which will be published in national dailies and in virtual platform.A local government that houses Afam power station and over 21 active oil well should not be subjected to the most degrading form of marginalization by Rivers State Govt simply because of 80% of the inhabitants are Ibos.The shocking truth will soon be revealed.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by Abagworo(m): 12:54am On Jul 26, 2011
fyncorp:

Oyigbo local government is in Rivers State and not under any form of contention.
We are working on a comprehensive report about the situation in the local government which will be published in national dailies and in virtual platform.A local government that houses Afam power station and over 21 active oil well should not be subjected to the most degrading form of marginalization by Rivers State Govt simply because of 80% of the inhabitants are Ibos.The shocking truth will soon be revealed.

Oyigbo,Etche and Omuma would have been better off in Abia.The use of the river as a natural boundary was a big mistake.Rivers should have started from Eleme and Iriebe.Today the 3 LGAs are the most backward despite being some of our largest oil producers.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by tchituz(m): 4:36am On Jul 26, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by tchituz(m): 4:54am On Jul 26, 2011
Lol
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 26, 2011
Abagworo:

I will score Amaechi 80% because he has done well.If not for the rural roads he constructed in the Elele,Ozuoha,Ubima,Omerelu axis the poor State of the Owerri-PH road would have been a nightmare by now.Every road being mentioned here by his haters are under construction.The Omagwa-Ozuoba,Nta-Choba,Ada George,Okporo Road(About to start),G.U. Ake(Sadium-Rukpokwu via Eliozu),Creek Road(Borokiri and most Town Roads).

While he has his flaws as human,his achievements far outweighs them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted / APC reacts At Ohaneze’s Endorsement Of Atiku, Anti-igbo / Yoruba Must Fight For Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency By Olu Fasan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.