Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,859 members, 7,972,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 02:55 AM

Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype (10379 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / Caption This Photo Of Governor Rotimi Amaechi Dancing Explosively At A Rally / Rotimi Amaechi In His APC-Customised Reflective Sunglasses (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by viruz007(m): 7:05am On Jul 28, 2011
i agree with the op. Hav bin in ph 4 d last 6 years and tho i have nt bin everywer, d few places hav bin to, i hav nt bin impressed. Who eva said d rumuokwuta choba road is gud shld cum lemme teach him/her a tin or 2. D road is bad!! Esp. 4rm mgbuogba to choba jxn u hav a lot of bad patches. D ogbogoro road at ozuoba dat leads to mile 3, letz not even go there cuz dat place is an eyesore. Recently 6 hrs of rain made dat road impassable 4 almost a month. Den d demolition of houses at ada george leading to ikwerre road, totally uncalled 4. D most annoying thing which am a witness to now is d issue of all corps members posted to rivers state weda u lyk it or not must teach xcept 4 medical and law students. Werz d sense in dat? Instead of employin more teachers to teach and let corps members serve in capacities that myt favour d state in d long run, they must go teach. Annoyin. Usin my fone. Wld say more.m a witness to now is d issue of all corps members posted to rivers state weda u lyk it or not must teach xcept 4 medical and law students. Werz d sense in dat? Instead of employin more teachers to teach and let corps members serve in capacities that myt favour d state in d long run, they must go teach. Annoyin. Usin my fone. Wld say more.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by phantom(m): 11:43am On Jul 28, 2011
StarBoard:

@chima,
My point is,it is cronies like Chief Ake that make it hard for Amaechi to focus fully on road/infrastructure and be succesful.
If Amaechi refuses to prosecute GU Ake for mismanagement,it will be difficult for him to achieve anything tangible.
I have not said that Amaechi isn't working.All I say is he can do better.
As much as he may have done some roads,the existing roads are crying for attention.You don't need to be smart to know this.
There is no point creating new roads,while the existing road network is crumbling seriously.I wonder what the ministry of works is doing,seriously.

so rumuola rd,slaughter-oginigba,elekahia-rumuomasi, e.t.c were not "existing" roads before they were worked onplease stop doing this to yourself,
viruz007:

i agree with the op. Hav bin in ph 4 d last 6 years and tho i have nt bin everywer, d few places hav bin to, i hav nt bin impressed. Who eva said d rumuokwuta choba road is gud shld precipitate lemme teach him/her a tin or 2. D road is bad!! Esp. 4rm mgbuogba to choba jxn u hav a lot of bad patches. D ogbogoro road at ozuoba dat leads to mile 3, letz not even go there cuz dat place is an eyesore. Recently 6 hrs of rain made dat road impassable 4 almost a month. Den d demolition of houses at ada george leading to ikwerre road, totally uncalled 4. D most annoying thing which am a witness to now is d issue of all corps members posted to rivers state weda u lyk it or not must teach xcept 4 medical and law students. Werz d sense in dat? Instead of employin more teachers to teach and let corps members serve in capacities that myt favour d state in d long run, they must go teach. Annoyin. Usin my fone. Wld say more.m a witness to now is d issue of all corps members posted to rivers state weda u lyk it or not must teach xcept 4 medical and law students. Werz d sense in dat? Instead of employin more teachers to teach and let corps members serve in capacities that myt favour d state in d long run, they must go teach. Annoyin. Usin my fone. Wld say more.
grin grin grin, if everyone worked in banks and oil companies it would defeat the purpose, abi?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by eewule(m): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2011
I haven't been in my home city of PH for over a year, still what I can say to those criticising Ameachi is that they should 'be quiet and happy with the efforts he's making' because as we all know, he could be worse - like Odili and many other governors across the country. Nigerian leaders have no accountability - they can come, stay 8years and go away without implementing one positive change in their state, and still proudly boast of being a past leader in that state. No one will arrest or harass them for not performing (although somebody should). 

The reason behind the hype with Ameachi (like Fashola) is that he is actually making serious effort to tackle the problems in the state. But this is Nigeria - there is never a shortage of problems - dilapidating infrastructure, poor road, and drainage issues left-right-and centre. So his effort will always look fible.

If Amaechi happens to decide to ignore all your complains over the next 4 years and do no other road work in the state, what will anybody do to him ? NOTHING,    as thats the Nigeria way.  He has chosen to act - so let us praise a working governor and encourage him, not complain.

THOSE OF YOU COMPLAINING NEED TO GO LIVE OVERSEA WHERE YOU CAN SUE A COUNCILLOR TO COURT FOR NOT PERFORMING DURING HIS TENURE IN OFFICE,   IN NIGERIA THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO THEM WHEN THEY DONT PERFORM, SO BE HAPPY WHEN THEY DO.   
…And thats the damned truth !!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by eewule(m): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2011
On a different note, I have noticed some difference in the look of newly constructed roads in PH (last time i was there) and the look of roads in the uk. There are small bits of concrete that appear to be mixed with the black tar used for the road paving in the Uk, but in newly constructed PH / Naija roads, they simply appear black (tar only) the tiny concretes are missing.

This could be the secret to constructing more durable / lasting roads in Naija, as the roads here last for ages without any massive pot holes forming from little holes in the ground.

, just an idea for naija road contractors - further investigation is required
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by phantom(m): 12:38pm On Jul 28, 2011
eewule:

I haven't been in my home city of PH for over a year, still what I can say to those criticising Ameachi is that they should 'be quiet and happy with the efforts he's making' because as we all know, he could be worse - like Odili and many other governors across the country. Nigerian leaders have no accountability - they can come, stay 8years and go away without implementing one positive change in their state, and still proudly boast of being a past leader in that state. No one will arrest or harass them for not performing (although somebody should). 

The reason behind the hype with Ameachi (like Fashola) is that he is actually making serious effort to tackle the problems in the state. But this is Nigeria - there is never a shortage of problems - dilapidating infrastructure, poor road, and drainage issues left-right-and centre. So his effort will always look fible.

If Amaechi happens to decide to ignore all your complains over the next 4 years and do no other road work in the state, what will anybody do to him ? NOTHING,    as thats the Nigeria way.  He has chosen to act - so let us praise a working governor and encourage him, not complain.

THOSE OF YOU COMPLAINING NEED TO GO LIVE OVERSEA WHERE YOU CAN SUE A COUNCILLOR TO COURT FOR NOT PERFORMING DURING HIS TENURE IN OFFICE,   IN NIGERIA THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO THEM WHEN THEY DONT PERFORM, SO BE HAPPY WHEN THEY DO.   
…And thats the damned truth !!
you cant be serious!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by otokx(m): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2011
AMAECHI has built plenty schools na so let the youth corpers go and teach; its very good that way. In fact the medical doctors should be made to work in the new 202 primary health centres he has built. We are not unaware of the devices of the Yorubas, Hausas and Igbos - they will post their people to Rivers state then post them to oil companies to serve and then get them retained by hook or by crook whereas the Niger Delta people will be sent to be slaughtered in places like Maiduguri. We know all these things - oya go and teach our students.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by wotsop: 1:34am On Jul 29, 2011
amaechi is really trying,what can you say about his next door neighbor Ochendo?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by otokx(m): 4:36am On Jul 29, 2011
Who or what is ochendo?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by phantom(m): 10:22am On Jul 29, 2011
^^^^^T.A orji, grin grin grin grin
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by osifred(m): 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2011
i wonder wht some pple use as there yardstick to measure good government. perhaps the absence of good governance in the Nigerian polity has left us beclouded as to wht gud governance is.
Amaechi like Fashola is a publicist concentrating only mostly on white elephant project to get a cheap hype of media praise.
am a diasporan Nigerian bt am very abreast with the state of things in ma state.

in all honesty one cant fully condemn the leadership of Rotimi Amaechi as well as one cannot praise his leadership style.
i dont understand why Amaechi is making Rivers state a one city state wen we hav other towns in Rivers State.

the question is, is Rivers State a one city state?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
phantom:
so rumuola rd,slaughter-oginigba,elekahia-rumuomasi, e.t.c were not "existing" roads before they were worked onplease stop doing this to yourself,
You must be a slowpoke to try to deflect attention from the point I was trying to make.
In fact it has been a total waste of time trying to engage you, demented slowpoke.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype by otokx(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
The roads in Port Harcourt are being overtaking by water which is revealing the poor engineering work yet the people are still singing praises.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Receives University Of Essex Honorary Doctorate Degree / NJC Appoints Suleiman Galadima As Committee Chairman To Monitor Corruption Cases / Atiku: Nigeria Needs Urgent Rescue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.