Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,602 members, 7,885,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:32 AM

Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil (5086 Views)

Jega Being Forced To Announce 6-week Postponement, But GEJ Wants Him Sacked / Magistrate Orders Lawyer To Frog-jump For Noise-making / GEJ Wants Direct Access To Govt Funds Blocked To Curb Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by Sike(m): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2011
Clap for your Nigeria!!!
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by Repubocrat(m): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2011
maclatunji:

Does the word sarcasm mean anything to you? Just asking.

GEJ is praying fervently that your eevil hope does not materialise.

So, what exactly is the real deal? Did the President actually post that comment with the intent of being sarcastic, or are Facebookers just pranking (i.e He didn't even make said comment) ?
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by redsun(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2011
It means more money to line the pockets of nigerian kleptocrats headed by gej.Nigeria is a ganster paradise
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by delicious1(m): 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2011
2nd highest OPEC exporter, and number one on the list of those importing oil that they have, but can't refine.

How difficult is it really, to maintain old refineries and build new ones.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by maclatunji: 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2011
Repubocrat:

So, what exactly is the real deal? Did the President actually post that comment with the intent of being sarcastic, or are Facebookers just pranking (i.e He didn't even make said comment) ?

It means I am being sarcastic with my unending praise of GEJ. I guess I can do a better job than Beaf if I set my mind to it. grin But I am too progressive for that. smiley
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by UpDates1(m): 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2011
nonsense
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by kemmeye: 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2011
sorry but lets assume the world decides not to run on oil anymore where will nigeria stand
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by flopath(m): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2011
This is definitely not a good thing for Nigeria. Our dependence on oil has already reached ridiculous levels, but these kinds of developments would make it insane to even think about diversifying our revenue stream now. May God save our soul. With all the influx of the Chinese to naija, the last thing we need is more oil. Niger Deltans don die, by the time all these this done, that area would be a hell hole.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by tushbobo(m): 5:52pm On Jul 28, 2011
More money for the oil companies, take a case of one of the oil companies exploring 1 billion barrels of oil per annum.if a barrel goes for $100 that's a $100billion(might be more or less) for that company.if Shell,agip,chevron,total,Mobil etc make so much money from our land and the little left for nigeria is embezzled then what's the common man's gain?
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by MadDog1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
kemmeye:

sorry but lets assume the world decides not to run on oil anymore where will nigeria stand
when the world decides then we will know
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by MadDog1(m): 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2011
-UpDates-:

nonsense
enemy of progress! may God punish you! what is nonsense?
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by kemmeye: 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2011
very soon given the fact that they r starting to shift to other sources of power do you think in 50 yrs oil would be in high demand i seriously doubt it
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by OAM4J: 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2011
Despite this, all the money the Federal government will generate this year will not even be enough to meet our recurrent expenditures and we have to borrow to meet our capital expenditure. sad
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2011
Patsey:

GEJ'S IMBECILITY AND MEDIOCRITY IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY APPARENT BY THE MINUTE.

Agreed
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by Builder: 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2011
what a useless clown this GEJ be, whats there to be happy about, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting well u know the gist , and this idiot wants us to be jubilant cos we are the second largest oil exporter, whoever voted for this fool must be on some thai weed. its just a big shame we are stuck with this slowpoke for thje next 4 yrs, may God help us
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by londoner: 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2011
Haven't we always been Africa's number one oil nation? Where is the evidence that this has been a benefit to Nigerians?

Nations who have no oil at all are showing us up, those who are striking oil are citing Nigeria as a test case on how NOT to "manage" their oil.

We are the country that people use as a prime example of the dreaded "Dutch disease", lets get this into perspective and stop "bragging on top nothing", as Tuface sang.

Aren't you embarrassed that despite the amount oil we have, and which position we occupy in the list of OPEC exporters, it is not likely to make ANY difference to what you or I experience on ground in Nigeria (that is unless we are in the privileged circles who HOG the whole thing to themselves)?

I am ashamed of having to explain to others why Nigeria is in such a state despite what is under its very nose.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by boyt1: 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2011
Guys de angry, pls. give us the news we like reading; Nigeria is a failed state,
very soon Nigeria will face war and genocide worst than Rwanda or our oil reserve will dry up in 5years ,Nigeria would be hit with drought and the situation worst than Somalia. now guys jump!.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by MadDog1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2011
londoner:

Haven't we always been Africa's number one oil nation? Where is the evidence that this has been a benefit to Nigerians?

Nations who have no oil at all are showing us up, those who are striking oil are citing Nigeria as a test case on how NOT to "manage" their oil.

We are the country that people use as a prime example of the dreaded "Dutch disease", lets get this into perspective and stop "bragging on top nothing", as Tuface sang.

Aren't you embarrassed that despite the amount oil we have, and which position we occupy in the list of OPEC exporters, it is not likely to make ANY difference to what you or I experience on ground in Nigeria (that is unless we are in the privileged circles who HOG the whole thing to themselves)?

I am ashamed of having to explain to others why Nigeria is in such a state despite what is under its very nose.
this is the news we have been hearing everyday and everyone knows it then is it wrong for us to be happy when we see progress
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by Abuloma80(f): 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2011
@ nuclearboy
1)No jobs for millions who are bombed daytime by BH,
2)shot evenings by soldiers,
3)robbed nights by robbers and
4)obtained mornings by police.

This is just a summary of what our Naija has become. Thank you nuclearboy.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by MadDog1(m): 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2011
Abuloma80:

@ nuclearboy
1)No jobs for millions who are bombed daytime by BH,
2)shot evenings by soldiers,
3)robbed nights by robbers and
4)obtained mornings by police.

This is just a summary of what our Naija has become. Thank you nuclearboy.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by Callfubu(m): 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2011
mac, we rily appreciate the support you are giving the country and don't get me wrong, we still nid the likes of you in the country but ur fellow brothers ain't cynical, they are simply saying the truth. how has this supposed ''good news'' affected the ordinary man. there are millions out there that are still starving and gej isn't doing squat about it instead he is going for a tenure elongation. what happened to fully effecting our human rights which is absolutely a mirage. nigeria has turned to country of sitting ducks just waiting for our leaders to do something which isn't forthcoming. but i cant help but ask myself that if fashola achieved all he did in four yrs why cant other governors do same or at least half of it. GEJ is a disappointment unless he proves otherwise.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by ebogentle(m): 7:15am On Jul 29, 2011
Seems to me Nigerians have had their psyche so battered by the system that they do not even recognise Sarcastic/Satiric train of thoughts by a poster when they see one. Abi OP what do u think?
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by texazzpete(m): 7:38am On Jul 29, 2011
The credit for the Amnesty programme should go solely to Yar'Adua.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by Thomas333(m): 8:28am On Jul 29, 2011
maclantunji u guys r funny .
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by Thomas333(m): 8:30am On Jul 29, 2011
it is a good thing.but we should fill the impact by having 24hrs power,water and good standard road network.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by maclatunji: 8:54am On Jul 29, 2011
ebogentle:

Seems to me Nigerians have had their psyche so battered by the system that they do not even recognise Sarcastic/Satiric train of thoughts by a poster when they see one. Abi OP what do u think?

Correct! They have turned virtually all of us to hustlers, when a man is still looking to meet his Physiological needs. Satire is the last thing on his mind.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by Concept(m): 9:41am On Jul 29, 2011
This can be acknowledged when the wealth generated as a result of this, is equally spread among the populace.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by londoner: 9:47am On Jul 29, 2011
Mad Dog!!!:

this is the news we have been hearing everyday and everyone knows it then is it wrong for us to be happy when we see progress

"Mad Dog, could you please list the progress you are seeing as a DIRECT RESULT of Nigerian becoming the number two exporter of oil in OPEC ?

NOT "potential benefits and progress", but ACTUAL progress that yourself and other Nigerians are seeing on ground in Nigeria.

Thank you.
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by jaybee(f): 11:37am On Jul 29, 2011
[size=16pt]what's the fuss about being 2nd highest opec exporter? this is utterly shameful. for gej to be excited shows he is not serious.

for God's sake nigeria is no. 2 exporter; and not no. 2 producer. other countries produce crude, refine the crude and export the surplus crude and refined products. nigeria produces crude, exports all the crude and import all the products she uses. that's what brought about the high ranking. it is a ranking of failure not achievement please.

i am most disappointed in gej and his blind facebook followers.

for your information, nigeria's oil reserves are depleting without any replacement. with no concrete policies in place, investment in nigeria's oil and gas industry is at its lowest ebb now. no new discoveries, no new facilities and no new refineries.
gej and his myopic followers should look for other reasons to jump.[/size]
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by MadDog1(m): 3:40am On Jul 30, 2011
londoner:

"Mad Dog, could you please list the progress you are seeing as a DIRECT RESULT of Nigerian becoming the number two exporter of oil in OPEC ?

NOT "potential benefits and progress", but ACTUAL progress that yourself and other Nigerians are seeing on ground in Nigeria.

Thank you.
maybe none!! but your complaint have already been known! unless you have solution which u didnt state , so i still think we ought to be grateful when the need comes,
Re: Gej Wants You To Jump For Joy because We Are Now 2nd Highest Opec Exporter Of Oil by cjfavour(m): 6:35am On Feb 18, 2012
the question is,how will it reflect on d life of nigerians?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Buruji Kashamu In Yorubaland? / Why The Politics Of State Creation In Nigeria? / Aba Boys No Dey Carry Last: Check Out The Clothe Of Transmission..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.