Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,790 members, 7,969,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 05:46 AM

Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket (14137 Views)

Sheriff Modu Quits APC For PDP (Photos) / Tinubu’s Youth Group Convener, Ogunolu Samsideen Quits APC (Pics) / Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Blaqputin(m): 7:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Tonye Princewill Quits APC over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket

Another chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State, Prince Tonye Princewill, has resigned from the party.

Princewill in a letter addressed to his APC ward 3 Chairman in Buguma, Asari-Toru Local Government Area of Rivers, disclosed that his resignation was in connection with the choice of Muslim Vice Presidential Candidate by the party’s presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

He said he could not argue for equity in his Rivers State and defend inequity in the country.

According to Princewill, “While I appreciate my leader Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi and all his efforts, I cannot defend the decision of my party, in fielding a Muslim-Muslim ticket, especially at a time like this, against all protestations from well meaning Nigerians, across religious and political divides.

It sets a very wrong precedent, it is totally insensitive and even if you win, will prove bad for good governance. Under these dire circumstances, I find no justification to still remain, in good conscience, a member of a political party that subordinates electoral victory, over the safety of lives and the peace of mind of its citizens.

“The men and women of our party here in Rivers are the most loyal and faithful supporters I have met. They know right and they know wrong. And they know me. I enjoyed working with them and I’m so sad to leave. But an APC party that totally disregards the basics of the same equity we preach, is alien to me.

Buhari resisted the same temptation and chose a little known Osinbajo and won. By doing this, Tinubu is saying that a Northern Christian has no electoral value. My staying means I agree.

“I wish you well. And I remain grateful to our Leader, but I cannot defend the indefensible. And to be totally honest, neither should you”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/07/12/tonye-princewill-quits-apc-over-muslim-muslim-presidential-ticket/amp/

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by derecho(m): 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
More to come

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Seezion: 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
Speed speed

37 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Yorubalandlord(m): 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2022
Before I was a tinubu fan.
But since he unveiled his master plan to we yoruba Christians, now we can see through him.
So I urge every yoruba man to shun because he is your tribe man and vote for someone who has our interest at heart.
Before I was batified, now I am obitified and dattified.
You can follow suit so that your name would be written in gold and in history book.

There are more people like tonye prince well in the making.
In the coming months, more would leave APC

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Seezion: 7:14pm On Jul 12, 2022
With speed

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by zionmde: 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
Rivers is for APC in the mud
Tinubu must win tinubu must win
But how?? They don't know. They think oluomo will coordinate his boys all around the country and rig the election

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by NwaNimo1(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2022

7 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Passionate888: 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
I no want to hear Magnus Abe or Amaechi dey talk about Ogoni governorship candidate when they support this apc Muslim Muslim candidates

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by PrincessofDSS(f): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
I cannot defend the indefensible. And to be totally honest neither should you

AGAIN grin

APC………..

Another

Person Go

Comot

grin grin grin grin grin

Buhari right now, which kind presidential candidate we select??

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Kingray10: 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
grin
APC is coming to it's end.

37 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Zelenskyy(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
All because of the Miscalculation of one man.

The Blind BAT that cannot see the Wickedness and Biased Mindset behind his VP choice.

Enough is Enough: APC must Go

22 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Angel65(f): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
Apc again

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by EmmyNorse(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
Join cue oh

1 Like

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Offpoint1: 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
Problem for those who will vote president

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Gangster1ms: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Only fools will keep supporting that evil party

16 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Abilistic(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
smiley

Good radiance

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Ckonnet: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Big boi!!

3 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Deciceco01: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
It baffles me a lot any time I see my southern brothers fighting between themselves and we the Northerners seats in one corner and be laughing at you people. Is either you people should unit and fight for your rights or they will keep you fighting one another and be ruling over you. The enemy of a southerner is still a southerner and the enemy of a Northerner is a southerner, please be wise and learn politics. Even your overrated master strategist Tinubu is not loved by the Northerners, they are just using him and he never learn from history. Mark my words, the day is coming when Tinubu will learn by force when the Northerners have finished their agenda on him. As of Obi, he stands as a real warrior from the south and the Northerners respect him for standing alone. Forget about what they say on media, a real northern politician fear Obi as an obstacles than any other politician right now.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Salvador1: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Tinubu urchins are so ashamed now.

May thunder continue to fire them.

10 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by LilyColin(f): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Say no to APC.

Na only beneficiaries dey support that lifeless desperate klepto

7 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by prof12(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by ATLIEN2027: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
IRRELEVANT

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
APC is a dead party

Nigeria is not Islamic country so all well thinking Nigerian must reject the Islamic terrorist Muslim Muslim party, The APC

We don't want a country where our children will be forced to convert to Islam by this wicked terrorists in APC parading themselves as leaders

They've started with Hijab in our schools, they want to stamp there Islamic agenda with Muslim Muslim ticket, we must not allow this to happen to us.

Reject APC, don't vote for APC

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by mrdna(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Mukah1234(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Integrity

2 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by Eriokanmi: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
More to come . That combo is annoying. Tinubu actually encouraged this in 2015 but buhari kicked against it. He stagnated a walk out of their meeting ahead of the 2015 elections as a means of protesting against the arrangement. Baba akande , aregbesola, etc had to talk his head off before osinbajo was considered as baba's running mate at the 11th hour . Tinubu has failed on this . Go to the twitter and see the way northerners kicked against this.

Each time he's approached on the arrangement, Tinubu would be making a reference to 1993 when MKO and Kingibe ran on same arrangement, pretending to forget the fact that Nigeria of that time wasn't as volatile and divided as Nigeria of today. He's also failed to realise that the main reason Nigerians opted into such an arrangement was because we wanted to send the military to the barracks at all cost and anything that would make that happen was welcome. We were so desperate that time cos military era was terrible.

As stubborn as they were, the military sef never made such mistakes of Muslim-Muslim leaderships throughout their decades of occupying Nigerian leadership space. Buhari and Idiagbon who tried it didn't end well as their government was shortlived. I guess he'd learnt from his past mistakes

12 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by tspun(m): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
He just gave everybody excuse to leave the party

5 Likes

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by ZUBY77(m): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
It's happening. Tinubu scored own goal

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tonye Princewill Quits APC Over Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket by mrdna(m): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
Every Christian should leave APC. Evil party

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Doesn't Care If People Live In FCT, We Are In Big Trouble - Sen. Kingibe / Three Boko-Haram Commanders Killed In Kaduna / Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.