Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,497 members, 7,917,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 10:16 AM

Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria (10519 Views)

Atiku, Obi Will Lose At The Election Petition Tribunal - Adebayo Adewole / 'FCT Is Mere 37th' - SDP Presidential Candidate, Adebayo Adewole / Adebayo Adewole: Nigerians Must Trust God To Use Ordinary People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by HilcomTech(m): 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
Royalty83:
Kashim Shettima as a governor appointed Nigerians from all parts of the country in his clos cabinet.
1. Isa Gusau, SA, Media & Strategy (Zamfara)
2. Kester Ogualili, SA, inter community relations (Anambra)
3. Usman Majidadi Kumo, SSA, Radio (Gombe)
4. Christopher Godwin Akaba
SSA, Special Duties (Delta)
5. Ahmed Ishaq Ningi SSA, New Media (Bauchi)
6. Lanre Obadiah, SA, Social Investment (Kwara)
7. Victor Izekor, SA, Social investment (Abia)
8. Jack Vicent, SSA, Social investment ((Benue)

A truly detribalized Nigerian.

Meanwhile no Hausa/Fulani or Yoruba man can hold office in the East. The tribalistic Obi even sacked non- Anambra people he met on board...

Think people

Very true.

Tinubu has always apointed people from other regions into his government. Same as Governors Ganduje and El-Rufai

At present, there are Igbo and Yoruba people who were apointed into Kaduna state government.

No non -Igbo person has ever held any position in the entire SE
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by nkem1992: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
jojothaiv:

They will find another excuse now.

You will see that most of the comments reeks of political correctness.
Christianity and islam as failed us as long as leadership is concerned..
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by Willie2015: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2022
WATCHOVER:
Religion is not, but inclusiveness matters.
That is why before the colonials ruled they had to embrace inclusive government.

Tinubu is highly insensitive, Nigeria has been rendered backwards because Buhari deliberately decided to be insensitive on issues of National interest, same with what Tinubu is doing.

The day Buhari made that statement 97% and 5% that was the day Buhari government became useless

We all know that...
the North will never support any Northern Christian as VP...
You are simply advising Tinubu to lose Election..
And hand the ticket to Atiku even before the election starts..
Pls suggest one Northern Christian with political value that can deliver..
Kano Katsina, Kaduna and Borno for Tinubu...
Tinubu have both offshore and Nigeria based political advisers and strategists...
As it is now...
Muslim Muslim ticket is the best path to Presidency for Tinubu...
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by aljpimp(m): 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2022
jojothaiv:

They will find another excuse now.

You will see that most of the comments reeks of political correctness.
Seriously, I keep wondering why it’s most common in Nigeria to mix religion and politics.. with both religion and ethnic sentiments, even the best brain will not function efficiently.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by aljpimp(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
Subsidywise20:

Won't work...we would go from paying attention to his religion..to paying attention to his tribe....

That starts another big discussion....
I tell you.. we are not ready for change in this part of the world .
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
There is a lot of common sense in what SDP Presidential aspirant said that RELIGION should not blinfolded Nigerians when choosing our leaders but competence must be key.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by EmmanuelScott1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
OPEN LETTER to all Nigerian Muslims:

Do you know that,

In the Southeast, there has never been any
- Muslim Governor *NEVER
- Muslim deputy Governor *NEVER
- Muslim Speaker of house of Reps *NEVER
- Muslim Deputy Speaker *NEVER
- Muslim Attorney General *NEVER
- Muslim Commissioner *NEVER
- Muslim Local government chairman *NEVER

since 1999 when democracy started till today.

Yet we Igbos are the ones championing all kinds of hate and propaganda against Muslim/Muslim ticket of Tinubu/Shettima but in our own region, we only vote Christian/Christian ticket, even when there are Igbo Muslims among us. We hate and ostracize them completely. Then you have the guts to say nobody should vote for Muslim/Muslim ticket?

Even Kaduna that is a core Muslim state has had Christian Governor and Christian deputy governor before since 1999, and Christians holding several major political posts across the North.

Nigerian Muslims wake up now and vote for Tinubu /Shettima for presidency 2023. Don't let Muslim haters blackmail you with lies. Defend your religion. Being a Muslim is not a crime.

Sincerely,
Igbo Christian man from Nnewi, Anambra!

This dick.head opened new account claiming i.bo grin grin
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by limeta(f): 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
GeneralPula:
Exactly..

Competence over religion..

SE has always been a mess with their Christian/Christian Govs..

Igbo Christian are religion bigot..

The way they’re always treating Igbo Muslim speaks volume..

You see your life
Topic is about national issues but you on regional issues cause your boss Tinubu is a regional abgero
cant play on national level
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by Mosesvic11(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
GeneralPula:
Exactly..

what is your hate for the igbos? Do they kill any member of your family? It is not their fault that land is filled with Christians. Oya give one zone or area or side in igbo land that you can over 500 muslim. The obi project has nothing to do with igbo but nigeria as whole, I have voted for PDP in the past then APC and now I want to try something new, mind you I am not from igbo land but from kogi state and by God grace kogi will be for obi. At this time in our country history muslim to muslim ticket is not good at all, it will lead to so many blood shared, enough.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by g4gerald: 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:

Do you know that,

- Muslim Governor *NEVER

Yet we Igbos are the ones championing all kinds of hate and propaganda against Muslim/Muslim ticket of Tinubu/Shettima but in our own region, we only vote Christian/Christian ticket, even when there are Igbo Muslims among us. We hate and ostracize them completely. Then you have the guts to say nobody should vote for Muslim/Muslim ticket?

Even Kaduna that is a core Muslim state has had Christian Governor and Christian deputy governor before since 1999, and Christians holding several major political posts across the North.

Nigerian Muslims wake up now and vote for Tinubu /Shettima for presidency 2023. Don't let Muslim haters blackmail you with lies. Defend your religion. Being a Muslim is not a crime.

Sincerely,
U're talking rubbish, Peter Obi had some northern muslims as commissioners during his tenure including his ADC. Go and verify
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by J3susFr3ak: 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Exactly.

Religion is not important, it is performance that matters

Which is why no Nigerian should vote PDP or APC or anyone who was in PDP or APC...like Tinubu, Atiku, Obi and Kwankwaso. They are why we have a bad economy.

Don't vote APC especially...seven years of failure, and ye want to give them another eight years?

PS..

Apart from the above parties...there are other parties in the running. Vote for them if you must.

Moral etiquette and moral constraints are not man-made constructs. This can only be given by a Higher Power who will only do so when the said human admits how guilty they already are with real sorrows.

How will your typical Nigerian politician restrain themselves without the same Higher Power helping him or her? Do you expect a very active and sensitive young man placed in a brothel full of naked women to "say no" --even when his feelings and desires are urging him to indulge in all matters of debauchery to the max before he leaves? Only God can give people that type of "sense" to think of greater consequences and then restrain themselves or flee....
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by Alajiki(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
Yorubalandlord:
Religion matters in this our country now.
Because things are being done in religious line.
Because if not you won't tell me that tinubu would choose a Muslim Muslim ticket knowing full well that Nigeria have had so many religious crisis.
We won't let that happen.
A well known drug baron with a questionable character can not rule us.
He has so many similarities with Bihari the failure.
So as a true yoruba Christians I and my household are obedient

This pain is too much for this guy grin. Relocate to your homestead, Biafra land ASAP.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by ATLIEN2027: 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2022
M-kpuru mmrrrii cannibal IPIG terrorist monkeys are the ones wailing and crying over religion.
These are the same religious fanatics who does not have people of other religions in their govt even though they are not 100 percent Christians.
These same imbeciles did not complain about Osun State where pdp has a Christian Christian candidates even though Osun is a Muslim majority State.
Na thunder go kee these shallow empty barrel zero IQ religious fanatics.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by Onyipk: 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2022
GeneralPula:
Exactly..

Please don't tell me you usually escape from your Social Studies classes otherwise you will know that Ibos east or west of the river Niger are 99.8% predominately Christians.
I have never seen nor heard of any muslin who is an indigene in my entire village so where are we going to see the muslin candidates?
You guys should learn to study a people and ask questions so stop this propaganda it is becoming obviously embarassig and it won't fly!

I remain absolutely:

#ObidientandYusful
#Isaiah1:19
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by ATLIEN2027: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2022
The same fools that will be wailing that competence is the most important factor are now only concerned about religion.
These HYPOCRITES are delusional.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by obism1: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
Peter Obi's Equation 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVMV4AxklrM
Lanrelagboi:

The Social Democratic Party Candidate for the 2023 Presidential election , Prince Adebayo Adewole has advised Nigerians not to fall into the trap of assessing candidates based on religion, but should critically interrogate their competence and antecedence as well as a manifesto in performing their civic duties .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we16P2EkXLI
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by NgeneUkwuneee: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
GeneralPula:
Exactly..

Your Tinubu is a looser
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
dozai:

Go and ask Lebanon how they moved from an Economic hub in the middle east to where they are presently.

Are you saying because muslim govern Lebanon . Go to many countries in Africa today are been govern by Christian and they are doing badly.

Then go to UAE, DUBAI, KUWAIT SAUDI ARABIA ETC DOING VERY WELL THAN MANY CHRISTIAN COUNTRIES.

Religion is not our problem hatred and incompetence.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by middlebelter(m): 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2022
I wish Nigerians could give this man a chance. I once worked for him and I know he is a no-nonsense man. A very determined focused and ultra hard-working man.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by Samdede1984: 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
If tinubu had lost the primaries under APC this donkey would have stepped down for him, so he can contest the presidential election with this platform. We all know tinubu finances SDP.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by 2016easy2017: 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

The Social Democratic Party Candidate for the 2023 Presidential election , Prince Adebayo Adewole has advised Nigerians not to fall into the trap of assessing candidates based on religion, but should critically interrogate their competence and antecedence as well as a manifesto in performing their civic duties .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we16P2EkXLI

Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by Michdear(f): 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2022
Oxala:

When a prince is also an idìot
did you guys watch the video,religion is not a measure for good leadership but it will be insensitive not to consider other people faith since we have comepetence in orher religion,that was his submission

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by marsman: 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:

Do you know that,

- Muslim Governor *NEVER

Sincerely,
Pretty sure you have not heard about the cold war between the Catholic and Anglican church in Igbo Land. I pity the idiots who takes them serious.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by KingofAnambra: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2022
marsman:

Pretty sure you have not heard about the cold war between the Catholic and Anglican church in Igbo Land. I pity the idiots who takes them serious.
Nothing from the Mary-statue idol worshippers surprises me anymore.

No true Christian will vote for Catholic idolaters with their Hail Mary pray for us bullshįt. I just laugh whenever I see them posting bs about all Christians will vote Obi.

I'm a Protestant and I will rather vote for a fish than vote for Obi. Morever, 92% of Christians are complacent, sad to say, and on election day, expect 80% of that 92% to be at home sleeping or watching telemundo. Christians in Nigeria are so non-challant about politics. FACT!
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by marsman: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Nothing from the Mary-statue idol worshippers surprises me anymore.

No true Christian will vote for a Catholic idolaters with their Hail Mary pray for us bullshįt.
Its not even about catholicism, I like Catholics(first church in the world). Its how many of them are the opposite of everything Jesus stood for.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by KingofAnambra: 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
marsman:

Its not even about catholicism, I like Catholics(first church in the world). Its how many of them are the opposite of everything Jesus stood for.
All lies. None of the Apostles were Catholics. They were not the first Church. They are not even a Church but a cult.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by MyAmericandream(f): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Exactly.

Religion is not important, it is performance that matters

Which is why no Nigerian should vote PDP or APC or anyone who was in PDP or APC...like Tinubu, Atiku, Obi and Kwankwaso. They are why we have a bad economy.

Don't vote APC especially...seven years of failure, and ye want to give them another eight years?

PS..

Apart from the above parties...there are other parties in the running. Vote for them if you must.

No amount of cajole you put up here will twist their mind. Nigerians have already made up their mind, if you like soft-soap them from now till eternity they’ll still be as gullible as a 12years old child. Nigerians are interested in parties and not personality. Most of them are illiterates especially our generation X , even we the millennials are educated illiterates they don’t even know there right from wrong.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by tonyson010(m): 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2022
Subsidywise20:

LOL...colonials did not bring about 'inclusive government'.

Colonials just simply ran a system of government with whites on top, blacks bottom. And then they started the regions , which provided a template for bigger tribes to dominate the smaller tribes...which led to the agitation for states/new regions once we became independent.

with so much states created was there equality or improvements on development?

inclusiveness in a complex society like ours matters a lot.

it is a slap to throw away that inclusiveness. he was selected because of inclusiveness under APC, but he has started showing what he will do when elected as president.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by Carlosdd: 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
Newton2024:
APC Is An Islamic Political Party

Nigeria is not Islamic country so all well thinking Nigerian must reject the Islamic terrorist Muslim Muslim party, The APC

We don't want a country where our children will be forced to convert to Islam by this wicked terrorists in APC parading themselves as leaders

They've started with Hijab in our schools, they want to stamp there Islamic agenda with Muslim Muslim ticket, we must not allow this to happen to us.

If it is true that Tinubu and Osibanjo have ideas that can solve Nigeria's pyramids of problems, why can't they share them with Buhari since they are one. Why must they allow Nigerians to suffer economically and die gruesomely from for eight years before they will bring out their solutions? I am confused.

We are just hyping these people for no tangible reason. They have nothing good upstairs. Reject Islamic terrorists party, don't vote for APC

You and this your copy and paste , I don’t think its a matter to discuss is a settle matter , vote your preferred candidate is never a crime in our constitution you can as well campaign and canvass vote for your preferred candidate it’s your civic responsibility. Vote don’t fight . Remember Book of Romans 13: verse 1
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by Carlosdd: 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2022
Judolisco:
Dis one dey work for tinubu... Some decisions are not morally right... And at a time like dis... It's totally wrong... Sha he who the gods wants to destroy they first make mad-Babachir lawal (2022)

Everybody that his opinion is contrary to your own is tagged collect money from Tinubu, meanwhile, the matter has long been settled , we have 4 top contenders just pick your preferred candidate , vote ,campaign and canvass vote for your preferred candidate. Vote don’t fight , Remember Roman 13 verse 1
Re: Adebayo Adewole: Religion Is Not A Measure For Good Leadership In Nigeria by BrickDevo: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:

Do you know that,

- Muslim Governor *NEVER

Sincerely,
But nobody asked you where you are from, igbo man indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Workers Commend Federal Government For Paying January Salary On The 25th. / Nigerian Among The Top 10 People With The Highest IQ In The World / El-Rufai Visits Victims Attacked By Bandits In Birnin Gwari Local Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.