Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,086 members, 7,919,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:49 AM

Fellowship Of The God's Kind - Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fellowship Of The God's Kind - Pastor Chris (1016 Views)

The Fellowship Of HIS Suffering! / Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria Secret Exposed On Tb Joshua / The Fellowship Of The Mystery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fellowship Of The God's Kind - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2011
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ[i] 1 John 1:3.[/i]

We’ve been brought into a oneness of spirit – an inseparable union with divinity. We’ve been called into fellowship – partnership and togetherness with Deity; it’s the fellowship of the God-kind.

To have real fellowship with God you’ve got to be in His class of being. This is the reason the Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul prayed that the believer might be filled with all the fullness of God; it’s because of the need for the fellowship of the God kind. He brought us into fellowship with Himself and with His Son Jesus. Little wonder the prayer of the Spirit through the Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 13:14:

“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.”

The communion of the Holy Ghost means walking with the Holy Ghost, it means fellowshipping with the Spirit.

2 Peter 1:4 says we’re partakers of the divine nature; it means were associates, comrades or fellows with Deity. There’s a oneness of spirit between us and our heavenly Father; a fellowship of the God kind! You partake of it not just because you’re born of God but because you’ve come to the level of maturity where you can relate with God in His own language. It’s not enough to be born of God; you can have a child – a son or a daughter – who is two years old. You can play with that child but you can’t have real fellowship with the child.

Real fellowship entails the rubbing of minds – sharing, talking at higher levels- where you can understand each other and exchange thoughts. This is the kind of fellowship God has called us into; it’s beyond making requests of Him in prayer. This kind of fellowship is not a one-way communication. Rather, it’s when God opens your mind to the realms of the spirit for you to understand things at His level. It’s when you see from the mountain top and communicate from the glory-realm.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your grace, your love, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit! I’m exuberant today with praise and thanksgiving, knowing that I’ve been brought into an inseparable union and oneness of spirit with you! Thank you for making me a partaker of your divine nature.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 1:9
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Naija Bible Chalenj / Who Is Righteous Before God? / The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.