Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,295 members, 7,974,316 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 08:32 PM

The Fellowship Of The Mystery - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fellowship Of The Mystery (674 Views)

The Fellowship Of HIS Suffering! / Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria Secret Exposed On Tb Joshua / Fellowship Of The God's Kind - Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fellowship Of The Mystery by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17am On Sep 28, 2010
The Fellowship of the Mystery
September 28, 2010

"And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 3:9)

In the third chapter of Ephesians, the apostle Paul is outlining the tremendous message he had been called by God to preach. By special "revelation," God had "made known" to him the essentials of what had previously been a great "mystery" (vv. 3-4). Since all--both Jew and Gentile--had the same Creator, and since that Creator had now become the Redeemer, therefore all were to be "partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (v. 6).

Thus there was established a wonderful fellowship among all those whom He has created and redeemed. This great mystery, long hidden from the Gentiles and from the Jews (accustomed to viewing themselves as the chosen nation), must now give way to "the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord" (vv. 10-11).

That great purpose, now revealed, had from the beginning of the world been "hid in God." He had first "created all things by Jesus Christ" (see our text for the day) and "now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ" (Ephesians 2:13). He has forever reconciled both Jew and Gentile to the Father and to each other "in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (v. 16).

True fellowship between any two groups can only be on this basis. That is, both the creation of all things and the blood bought redemption of all things have thereby been completed through the Lord Jesus Christ. This former mystery is now fully revealed as the essential foundation of true fellowship with God and man. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Fellowship Of The Mystery by nopuqeater: 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Olaadegbu: « on: Today at 11:17:33 AM »
[Quote]The Fellowship of the Mystery
September 28, 2010

"And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 3:9)[/Quote]What authority does the writer hang the bolded on; Torah or Gospel of Jesus who said in his Gospel preached "Of my own power I can do nothing"? Is conjecture allowed or shoud be accepted, especially when if opposes the reality that is already established?

[Quote]In the third chapter of Ephesians, the apostle Paul is outlining the tremendous message he had been called by God to preach. By special "revelation," God had "made known" to him the essentials of what had previously been a great "mystery" (vv. 3-4).[/Quote]I want to ridicule this Pauline idea, by asking which God? We already know that Jesus said of his own power he can do nothing, a sent servant of God that he was, hence he wept, begged, petitioned, prayed all night at the garden, and finally cried out when he wwas rejected "why has thou forsaken me", cant be God. But yet, it is this very servant that Paul said sent him, and for that reason made that servant God, even against all odds, the "odds" that were the 11 disciples after the 12th hung himself. Is Paul for real?

[Quote]Since all--both Jew and Gentile--had the same Creator, and since that Creator had now become the Redeemer, therefore all were to be "partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (v. 6).[/Quote]I am sure the Jews who hold the trump card for your salvation will laugh at you for the "partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel" statement. Do the Jews care about Jesus and Gospel and Christianity? No. I know you will kiss their dogs or pigs so that they can look at you. But they wont. The Jews just like you say their God is for them alone. Hence they call you a derogating name; gentile.
Neither you nor the Jews have a complete omnipotent God. We in Islam do. Our God is specifically named; Allah. When you see all His descriptions that He allows mankind to know, you will not see anything or anyone, here on earth or in heavens equal in stature. Allah is the God of all, believers and disbelievers, alike. Then He will meter His Mercy or His Justice to who He Will in The day of Judgement, while on earth as living soul, we are covered by His Universal Mercy without favor[s].

[Quote]Thus there was established a wonderful fellowship among all those whom He has created and redeemed. This great mystery, long hidden from the Gentiles and from the Jews (accustomed to viewing themselves as the chosen nation), must now give way to "the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord" (vv. 10-11).[/Quote]I sense that you are knocking Jesus out of the box of godship here? Further the matter of the jews here completely opposes the one you said about them above, since the reality, as i have stated above is the jews dont care a raghead about Jesus and his mission, since they are satisfied with Moses concluding that 'never a prophet like Moses rose from the people of Israel, till this day.'

[Quote]That great purpose, now revealed, had from the beginning of the world been "hid in God." He had first "created all things by Jesus Christ" (see our text for the day) and "now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ" (Ephesians 2:13). He has forever reconciled both Jew and Gentile to the Father and to each other "in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (v. 16).[/Quote]You are college/university educated. Does this make any academic sense? Is there a sense of logic, except depraved emotion in what you wrote? Will Jesus a servant of his Lord agree with any of this? No. Why? He said of my own power I can do nothing. That knocks down the created all things by Jesus Christ part. But in the time of Noah, Abraham, Moses, to name just a few, the believers were close to God the Creator because they obeyed the Commanded He gave and delivered by these noble men. For example, few, all of the believers survived the flood with Noah. And in following Lut (AS), all believers escaped the destruction that was done to Sodomites. That is nearness to God and no everyone needs Jesus to accomplish this except those who lived under his prophetic era, beginning from when he began preaching his Gospel given to him by his Lord, and ending when Muhammad (AS) rose up with the very first verses of Quranic revelation; The latest and the last of the Testaments to Allah and Gospel of the final GoodNews from Him, The Irresistable.

[Quote]True fellowship between any two groups can only be on this basis. That is, both the creation of all things and the blood bought redemption of all things have thereby been completed through the Lord Jesus Christ. This former mystery is now fully revealed as the essential foundation of true fellowship with God and man. HMM[/Quote]Ara i wo boy yi o ya. This is madness of the highest level. Chrsitians who believe all of these above will end up in the PIT. Your Bible says exactly that. Even those who managed to work miracles. They will all be denied by Jesus who will say "I never knew ye".

[Quote]For more . . . .[/Quote]If Allah Wills, I shall respond to you.
Re: The Fellowship Of The Mystery by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2010
@nopuqeater,

You haven't got a clue, have you?  This must be out of your depth.  What remains a mystery to you has been revealed to us.  Fellowship with us don't count sheep.

Re: The Fellowship Of The Mystery by InesQor(m): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2010
LOL I love the cartoon above, bro! grin
Re: The Fellowship Of The Mystery by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2010
God bless you for your sense of humour.  Many cannot fathom what the cartoon is all about. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Will The World End? / Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? / Blog For Godforusall(dot)com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.