Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,902 members, 7,952,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:58 PM

My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless (4112 Views)

See The 25k My Girlfriend's Dad Gave Me (photos) / I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account / See How A Guy Replied His Girlfriend's Dad After He Dis-virgin His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by NomzyJust(m): 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2022
Help a brother.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by tee59(f): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2022
And this is the kind of family you want to marry into. Abeg forget love, the family is not worthy. Mother taking care of four children while two are staying with friends. And the papa dey alive. It shows the man has failed in his responsibility to take care of the house. So for him now, no money to get another accommodation somewhere else? If you're not in the picture, where will he leave then? No plan, no relative , no village to go back except your place, only boyfriend? I wonder what they will do if you finally marry her. Help him secure a place elsewhere. You may regret accommodating him later. Be wise.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by tayo60(f): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2022
Never try that shit or else, premium tears is waiting for you. As an elderly man, you take care of his feeding, bathing, cleaning even washing of his clothes. U are not responsible for him as his daughter's boyfriend, u can help by looking for a room apartment for him and pay. Ur space and freedom are important to you, you may not like his behaviour or how he does or uses some of your properties. What did the man use the three or six months notice given to him by d house owner to do? If he had a plan, he should have secured an apartment before d expiration of the notice. If you accommodate him, he goes no where. That one month will later become a year or two, because he won't be paying house rent, feeding, utilities and the rest, so tell me, how will he leave . Baba will be expecting you to treat him as your father, and he on the other hand, will see you as his son, whereby monitoring your movements.A word is enough for d wise!

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by SamOchuko: 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2022
Chukstotti:
Hello, everyone, this is my first time posting any issue here but for this issue, I had to.

My girlfriend and I have been together for over two years and she's someone I would love to marry but she comes from a complicated family.
Her dad and mum stay in the same town but don't live together. The mum caters to four out of the six children they have while the other two who are guys live with friends. Her dad had financial issues and that was the beginning of the end of their marriage. Her dad doesn't know me but her mum does. Her mum knows of my relationship with her daughter and we have her approval.

Her dad was asked to leave the place he stays (a semi-completed building) because someone bought the entire building and renovation works have started.

The issue now is,
My girlfriend wants her dad to come to stay with me until he gets a place to rent for himself. That he would only stay till the end of the month. I stay in a room self-contained.
I am confused and doesn't want to disappoint my girlfriend because she loves her dad so so much. Of all his children she is the only one that cares about him.
Please I need your kind inputs.

Is her dad an orphan and even if he is what happens to his relatives? His friends or colleagues? Why can’t he go live with his wife? Why must it be you? Bro nor start wetin u nor go fit finish, what if he’s unable to get an accommodation for himself by the end of the month? Can you ask him to leave your house? Tell your girl to ask her mum to accommodate him, he is hee husband and their dad.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by tonak(m): 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2022
Don't do it!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Decimus: 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2022
We are not even talking about a 3 bedroom flat here, or even a Mini-flat sef.
Your self con is even barely enough for you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by newcommer: 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2022
Chukstotti:

I love this girl and she loves her dad too much. If I disappoint her she would be heartbroken. She assured me that he is only going to stay until he gets a place.

What about her father's siblings? Does he not have brothers or sisters? What about old friends that can help him for the mean time?

Think carefully about what you're about to do. That man will not leave after one month and you know it.

Let her father stay with any of his siblings or extended family members or best case scenario, let him go back to his village. I'm sure he has a place he hails from
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Candidlady: 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2022
Ithink Iam stoned

But this is one of the craziest post ever cheesy

Please give me your gf number Iwanna tell her something

She shoulda told her mum to come stay with you

People dey lipsrsealed

If her dad agrees to this yaro flee from that family
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Candidlady: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2022
tee59:
And this is the kind of family you want to marry into. Abeg forget love, the family is not worthy. Mother taking care of four children while two are staying with friends. And the papa dey alive. It shows the man has failed in his responsibility to take care of the house. So for him now, no money to get another accommodation somewhere else? If you're not in the picture, where will he leave then? No plan, no relative , no village to go back except your place, only boyfriend? I wonder what they will do if you finally marry her. Help him secure a place elsewhere. You may regret accommodating him later. Be wise.

God bless you sis

His gf ain't smart

Good bless freeddda ••Ilove you•••

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by posty56: 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2022
Nigeria men ,think.with emotions instead of logic ,even women on thread are advicing you not to try that sh*t,me from my redpill knowledge is telling you not to try it ,many Simpson are here telling you to house the man ,by the time they drain all your resources ,plus the lack of privacy ,maybe in six months time you go they like HIV patient,I don tell you , you ain't responsible for his ass ,stop thinking about love! use your head!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by lady25(f): 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2022
I hope say you get EAR. You better hear word. Don't try it. At first it will be nice but by the time the man shows you the reason why no other person could accommodate him(even his wife) it would be too late and you would end up becoming the bad person. He is not your father-in-law he is your girlfriend's father. So please if you can afford it pay for rent in another accommodation even if it is one or two months you can afford.

But I know the devil will tell you not to listen and I will waiting for you here to laugh Wella
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Geosystem(m): 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2022
Just rent for the man. I don't think you should house him. Your privacy, your personal space, and your peace are all important. You and Girlfriend can contribute Money and rent a self-contain for him, not something big.
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Mercury12(m): 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2022
Help rent a room for him
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by tiswell(m): 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2022
OP,you intend to marry from a divided home?

Take a clue from your would-be-father-inlaw's ordeal.

Worse fate awaits you from your girlfriend if you aren't careful.

Girl children are usually reflections of their mothers.
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by dominique(f): 8:04pm On Jul 16, 2022
No close friends or family members to take him in? Speaks volumes about the type of person he is. Don't start what you cannot finish. Your girlfriend is totally wrong to even suggest for her father to stay with her boyfriend. That's a lack of respect for herself and her father. If her father can't find anybody to take him in temporarily, that shows how highly detestable he is. Little wonder his wife left him

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by novia22(f): 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2022
I just noticed another red flag sef. This man has 6 children and isn't taking care of anyone.....not a single one. Nawa ooo.
How sure are you that the said story your babe is telling you sef is true?
Ask your father what he thinks..tell him it's happening to a friend. It will shock you the response you will get man to man.
Brother wake up. Don't die before your time abeg.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by lenghtinny(m): 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2022
You get mind to Dey consider this thing….

The response should be an outright no…. Na girlfriend ooo no be wife ….

Make you use your head
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Blunttruth: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2022
Chukstotti:
Hello, everyone, this is my first time posting any issue here but for this issue, I had to.

My girlfriend and I have been together for over two years and she's someone I would love to marry but she comes from a complicated family.
Her dad and mum stay in the same town but don't live together. The mum caters to four out of the six children they have while the other two who are guys live with friends. Her dad had financial issues and that was the beginning of the end of their marriage. Her dad doesn't know me but her mum does. Her mum knows of my relationship with her daughter and we have her approval.

Her dad was asked to leave the place he stays (a semi-completed building) because someone bought the entire building and renovation works have started.

The issue now is,
My girlfriend wants her dad to come to stay with me until he gets a place to rent for himself. That he would only stay till the end of the month. I stay in a room self-contained.
I am confused and doesn't want to disappoint my girlfriend because she loves her dad so so much. Of all his children she is the only one that cares about him.
Get some place else for him, don't accommodate him.
I think it would be wierd if it was your father in law it would be a different thing . I am surprised that your girlfriend would even do that. That's how see finish starts. Don't do what married people do abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Youngpo413: 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2022
Pandev:
Seek advice from your dad or any other elderly man worth taking advice from in your family. That being said, that your girlfriend will leave you if you have any financial issue (God forbid) cause women are reflection of their mothers.
Correct!
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Oyiboman69: 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2022
Chukstotti:

I love this girl and she loves her dad too much. If I disappoint her she would be heartbroken. She assured me that he is only going to stay until he gets a place.
how long has he been living broke and long has he been staying in the uncompleted building before he was ejected?. You so much believe you can help him by bringing him in. how do you intend to find him a place or who will be funding the process?...
Get sense before I vex insult you....
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by obinna58(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2022
D!tch that girl and forget her family

If you don't

She'll drain you and leave you with a dead broken heart you can never forget in fact you'll be gnashing teeth inside casket for your burial ground.

Most men don't live long in marriages, I've seen a lot of them, this is how it always starts. You'll think you're doing well for now until she completely settles with you.
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2022
That family is irresponsible. Don't accommodate him or else premium tears anticipate you. You will always want to do right by him whether or not he's wrong. You will be better off accommodating a stranger on the streets than your girlfriend's father. I am just advising you from a logical point of view. But, the humanity and benevolence in me will tell you to accommodate him.

If I were you, I'll go with my logical point of view. It won't go well. I can see the end from now. One month will become a year, if not forever and there will be absolutely nothing you would do. Save yourself the stress in advance. If you can spare some cash, kindly support him with money to get a place to stay. But then, this is supposed to be embarrassing for your girlfriend and even the father. How can't they see this? Phew.

In addendum, why do parents birth kids they can't cater for and have them scattered all around for whom to care for? Breeding kids like rats.

Death to all irresponsible parents.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by emmyking1(m): 11:24pm On Jul 16, 2022
AmazingELixir:
Op, you better don't try that...instead help rent a room or assist him through your gf to secure an apartment for himself...more importantly don't position yourself to be a recourse for your girlfriend's father when challenges come calling.

To be candid with you Op I foresee you punching holes in your pocket with this kind of family setup.

Aspiring youngmen don't need this kind of distractions in their formative years, be smart Op.

BEST ADVICE
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Chukstotti(m): 10:37am On Jul 17, 2022
Manna4Gurls:
Bro don't help her dad because she wants you to. Do it for the man he is and you understands what your fellow man is passing through by mere being in contact for some minutes. Help him for he is not staying forever and better still, is not a woman.

If you have some space to share, go ahead for the sake of brotherhood.
This is the best advice I got concerning this matter and am happy to say that his sons and my girlfriend came up with a last minute plan to secure a place for him. They had to talk to a man in the same street he was ejected to accommodate him for now. The plan is to secure an accommodation for him ASAP. Thanks for all your candid advice.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Jaycee07(m): 11:27am On Jul 17, 2022
Chukstotti:

The issue now is,

Ops
I had a somewhat similar experience when I proposed to my wife. The dad ( of blessed memory) called me one day and told me that their house rent had expired for more than six and that he wanted me to give him a loan of 200K back then. He assured me that during the marriage, he’ll make it easy for me just to compensate for the loan.
Mehn, I was utterly embarrassed and couldn’t even tell this to any of my family members.
But I mentioned it to my guy who lived then with me.
He advised me against it indicating that it would be a recurring decimal.
But out of fear that the whole family might be homeless. I parted ways with 100K to help them make part payment for the rent.
Unfortunately, my would be father Inlaw ate the money
And few months after then, we got married and true to what my guy told me, he came back asking for more.

At that point it became clear to me that I was being taken for granted. And I told him that I can only give him the money if he allows me to pay the rent directly to the landlord. He consented and I paid for that year.
Before his passing, I have paid his rent for 5 consecutive years.
Moral of the story:
If you want to assist him, help him for the sake of humanity. But don’t forget that you’d probably keep supporting him in one way or the other as long as you’re with the daughter. I also hope he and his daughter won’t take you your kindness for granted

Good luck.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by flakkybakky(f): 11:49am On Jul 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

I think its too much to ask a boyfriend....

Men should start makimg better choices when they want a life partner.. Women dont want your poverty striken áss...i dont see why you should set yourself up for poverty by marrying someone who will always be a burden on you, together with her family...

... I mean, you are still tryimg to stand on your feet.. and your you are already taking inlaws as part of your responsibility....dont add more depression to yourself in the name of help..

I've seen similar moves many times.....he won't leave after a month...this kind of handshake always get to elbow.....
HOW DID D Lady even get d confidence to say such,it's just too heavy nd embarrassing.d lady nd het siblings should get AN APARTMENT FOR THEIR DAD,ITS A SLAP ON THEIR FACES IF SUCH SHOULD HAPPEN.HE HAS RELATIVES AND FRIENDS TOO.COS IF HE SHOULD STAY UR PRIVACY HAS BEEN DENIED TILL FURTHER NOTICE ND HE WONT BE LEAVING UR PLACE ANYTIME SOON COS THEY WILL ALL FEEL RELAXED.JUST TELL HER U WILL SUPPORT HER ND HER SIBLINGS FINANCIALLY TO GET THEIR DAD AN APARTMENT.SEFINI
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by advanceDNA: 11:55am On Jul 17, 2022
flakkybakky:
HOW DID D Lady even get d confidence to say such,it's just too heavy nd embarrassing.d lady nd het siblings should get AN APARTMENT FOR THEIR DAD,ITS A SLAP ON THEIR FACES IF SUCH SHOULD HAPPEN.HE HAS RELATIVES AND FRIENDS TOO.COS IF HE SHOULD STAY UR PRIVACY HAS BEEN DENIED TILL FURTHER NOTICE ND HE WONT BE LEAVING UR PLACE ANYTIME SOON COS THEY WILL ALL FEEL RELAXED.JUST TELL HER U WILL SUPPORT HER ND HER SIBLINGS FINANCIALLY TO GET THEIR DAD AN APARTMENT.SEFINI

Sébí na una way naa....you women...once you have boyfriend he must solve all your problems...food, phone, clothes, school fees, ven in-law problems.... if hes not doing all these...u will say he doesnt love you or he's a broke man not man enough...
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Nyascobar1414: 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
Make una let this simp learn the hard way naa..
Is it so difficult
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by ImoleNaija: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
I hope your neck is unbreakable coz lots of scary news are littering the net.
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by 4ward4: 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
Pandev:
Seek advice from your dad or any other elderly man worth taking advice from in your family. That being said, that your girlfriend will leave you if you have any financial issue (God forbid) cause women are reflection of their mothers.

this man don talk am finish..something are in blood and you won't know until they start manifesting, even she won't know.
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by Automolite: 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
Lol..@Op, I like this ur girlfriend, she's aiming high with the first shot grin grin.
If u can house the father, then her siblings won't be a problem if u get married.

Bros..I know you mean well, but some pple's problem is not for u to carry..it may end in tears.

Where are his relatives?
Where are his friends?
Where are his inlaws?
What is the full story behind the separation?..
Why are you the only option available?
Re: My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless by flakkybakky(f): 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

Sébí na una way naa....you women...once you have boyfriend he must solve all your problems...food, phone, clothes, school fees, ven in-law problems.... if hes not doing all these...u will say he doesnt love you or he's a broke man not man enough...
NOT IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION BRO, This one na avoidable insult

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Happen When You Can Satisfy Her In Bed: A Must Read! / If You Are Single And Not Engaged, Would You Turn Farouk Down? (pix Available) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.