Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,328 members, 7,881,226 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:42 PM

Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness (41656 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pictures Of Winners Chapel International In Maryland, USA / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by unyimecc(f): 11:33am On Jul 17, 2022
Enny2013:
Hmmm...
Wot of mine dat was delayed more dan 2hrs,bcs their almighty Doctor cudnt provide my pregnancy test result on time? D test I did 3 days to d wedding fah.
Not winners Chapel though!

Don't mind them, the pastor fixed wedding and burial same day with the aim of attending both. Business pastors everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Bkdson2121: 11:34am On Jul 17, 2022
Mokason288:
Fine couple grin

I’m sure the pastor is jealous of them

2015 Dominion Church Resident Pastor in Asaba was Mad and Furious at my brother for getting married to a girl from Christ Embassy Church

Imagine if my brother and his wife were just a minute late

A lot of pastors are mentally unstable
You are the most u serious personality I have come across online, someone so indiscipline like the intended couple who are warned virtually in every of their counseling meetings about lateness, you boldly have the audicity to accused the pastor.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by ponishah: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2022
Fahdiga:
The rule is rule.
... and our Lord JESUS CHRIST said "Let he without sin cast the first stone"

Who do you blame? I blame inferior Nigerians who do double marriages, traditional marriage (the only marriage right ordained by God)
and Church marriage.

Nigerian Pastors rip where they do not sow, they feel more important than God in the Church in members life. Pastors now have taken over the roles of traditional rulers, judges, doctors, parents, husbands of members.
Pastors mow conduct marriages, child naming, child first out coming and presentations to the society, they now tell wives what to obey in their husband houses. They also conduction burials too.

Black people behave as if we did not have culture, norms, character and respected ways of living comparable with what standards all over the world.
Imagine in Christ embassy, during wedding, couple must buy Churches books as half of the gift items. And the trend now in Churches is that the wedding couple must dish out meals specially pastors' coolers or jumbo food flasks and plenty drinks with plenty meat and food. And couple must provide these special dishes to all the pastors of that particular Church branch , including the pastors that are absent in the wedding.
They have turned Church Members to mumu.
When you go to a lady;s parents and pay BRIDE price; okparii, chikine, ogwusigo, the marriage don conclude. Stop being used by pastors, they are lazy greedy people.

Lord for give me if I have sinned, but bless me abundantly I have spoken Christ-like
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Greeland(m): 11:41am On Jul 17, 2022
Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy. Beware of self righteousness. Are we really Christ like? This same pastor will still preach forgiveness and mercy.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by ponishah: 11:42am On Jul 17, 2022
Idamond:
Always look for a way to be happy even at hard times..

I love there vibes.
snap pictures both with friends, family, etc..
put your wife the wedding ring and go home.
the deed is done already which is traditional marriage.
Your anointing is more real than what is left on Nigerian pastors.
Traditional marriage is the real and only marriage recognized by God.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by dadalicious: 11:44am On Jul 17, 2022
Offpoint1:
Indiscipline should never be condone in any place.
If you can't keep to time to an occasion or events, it shows you have no regards for the event, host or organizer. If for any reason there's unforseen circumstances, you should inform your host ahead.

They wouldn't dare to go to an interview late and keep the HR waiting.

The pastor at the other hand should have chosen other form of punishment instead of refusing to join them. Relocating wedding at the die-minute can cause a lot of inconvenience to the guests.
Some of these write up do not tell you the whole story. Winners chapels most times do multiple weddings at same time. And the joining is done first before other wedding frivolities.the pastor cannot halt the service just because of one couple when other couples are present .
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Blue3k(m): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2022
ponishah:

... and our Lord JESUS CHRIST said "Let he without sin cast the first stone"

Why do you guys feel so entitled to other peoples time and service? I really don't understand this entitlement mentality especially when you already had an agreement in place. If you don't show up on time you risk your appointments being canceled. It doesn't matter if its a doctor's appointment or haircut. Does the pastor owe them favors because they're special?

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Reference(m): 11:57am On Jul 17, 2022
Saturday is always a busy period in Ministry based churches.
There will be several other programs and several other people to attend to.
They can always try the next week, (or in large Ministries) the next month.
Marriage ceremonies is not all they do.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Cloud007: 12:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
I don't think that is enough to cancel a wedding.

What are you trying to prove?

Will he do that to his children or relatives?

Like an abuse or misuse of power....
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by ufotunang: 12:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
If you do not wed them that is not the end of their life..as the pastor not gone late to an event, meeting or ceremony before... nobody is perfect... Everybody has gone late to an event or occasion, meeting, school, work , ceremony before...so no one is perfect
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by godofuck231: 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
It is customary, a lady is always late , why adopt a tradition you don't understand, foolish pastors may God wo is merciful refuse them benediction, ruin a union on grounds of self pride
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by lagosrd: 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
Utter rubbish. What kind of pastors do we have nowadays. Very rigid and inconsistent. I am a winners and I think the leadership in Goshen needs to address these issues . You because of the perfection you yourself don't have give a bad signal on someone's day of joy.

The leadership won't do such. They apply wisdom in all their dealings and they also know that human factors prevail in most situations. We are Nigerians and no matter how we pretend to they factor robs our body day and night.

The pastors should be suspended with immediately. Some are so arrogant that you will almost think that's how the church policy looks.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Stanleyq: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
cRobo:
Do your traditional marriage and forget church wedding
A misleading quote
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Desusi: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
I salute the courage of this pastor. He must be a no nonsense man of God.God bless you. Hope in other areas of Christian living you are tough in the same manner? You will make I'm Jesus name. I never knew that winner could be that strict. Great thanks pastor. I was thinking that this can only happened in deeper life church. Bravoooooo!
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by phemmyfour: 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
Fahdiga:
The rule is rule.
nonsense rule
Even in exam, you LL still be allowed to participate.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by mechanics(m): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
They are not serious.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Blue3k(m): 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
phemmyfour:
nonsense rule
Even in exam, you LL still be allowed to participate.

If an exam is 9-11 then you show 11:35 you'd be allowed to take it? Tell me what institution that's done at.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Poanan: 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mokason288:
Fine couple grin

I’m sure the pastor is jealous of them

2015 Dominion Church Resident Pastor in Asaba was Mad and Furious at my brother for getting married to a girl from Christ Embassy Church

Imagine if my brother and his wife were just a minute late

A lot of pastors are mentally unstable

Dominion church should be careful. The girl my cousin was supposed to marry attends that same dominion church Lagos branch. He backed out of the marriage because of the way the pastor was going about it. He just told the lady he wont be able to go ahead. It was like a joke in her mind she was believing "if u love me u will come back" e be like film when brother marry another person.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Fiscus105(m): 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

How people still blame the church on this thread says a lot about many youth... Its really disheartenin

Hope you read reason they cancelled the wedding.

If celebrants came late is that the reason to cancel,......not wedding them on the day of their joy.....

Abba God not too hard to that extent....

Did you even ask urself, where is mercy and grace in the dictionary of christian?

If they came late, several lighter punishments should have given and not total cancellation.

Though, I know the wedding not cancelled, it's blogger that blew it out of proportion.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by gare2510(m): 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
There is so much pain and bitterness in the world today, let us use everything at our disposal to make people happy, how does refusing to conduct the marriage win more souls for Christ.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by gare2510(m): 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2022
If it was the Governor's daughter's marriage, will he cancel it?

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Onomat: 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
Do your traditional wedding and go inside her
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by ponishah: 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
Blue3k:

Why do you guys feel so entitled to other peoples time and service? I really don't understand this entitlement mentality especially when you already had an agreement in place. If you don't show up on time you risk your appointments being canceled. It doesn't matter if its a doctor's appointment or haircut. Does the pastor owe them favors because they're special?

Why do you act as if you have schizophrenia ?
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by prizeless(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
Very normal, Winners Chapel are known to hold time management with very high regard
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by sniperr007(m): 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
Fahdiga:
The rule is rule.

Tah

Na who give church this kind influence fit allow Church show themselves
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Blue3k(m): 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
ponishah:

Why do you act as if you have schizophrenia ?

Lol what a stupid response. After crying over this issue you dont have an answer to these simple questions. You people need to drop this childish entitlement mentality. Nobody owes you weirdos so you can't expect people to bend to your demands.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by IzzyAgu: 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
God forgives us daily, including the pastor.
So he over did it.

I guess CAUTION should have been more respectible..

I hope they did their Reception there.
LoL cheesy
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Idamond: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2022
Bluntemperor lemme be formal...
her parents.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Enyimbamercedes: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2022
If you’ve done your court wedding and traditional marriage please go home in peace, prepare for your reception and enjoy yourselves!

A church wedding means nothing!!!! All these charlatans standing at pulpits who think they are gods

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by bukatyne(f): 2:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
crows2ravens:
This is not Christianity but religion. It is their day of joy, why turn it to sadness for them?

A firm reprimand is enough in matters like this.

Very correct.

I applaud the couples' ability to turn the messy situation around.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by bukatyne(f): 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
Toktee:
I am more than a conqueror.

This is not mosque where some arrives when others are leaving cos them don finished prayers. grin

What kind of Christianity are you practicing?

Do you think Jesus would have done same if He were the presiding pastor?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Clergyman Flogs His Members On Their Butt During Church Service (Photo, Video) / "Dead Boy Resurrects At Lord's Chosen Charismatic Ministries" - Member Claims / Winners' Chapel Broadcasting Network On Satellite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.