Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,322 members, 7,881,183 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:02 PM

Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness (41654 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pictures Of Winners Chapel International In Maryland, USA / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by bukatyne(f): 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
unyimecc:

Dont mind all the hypocrites, the business pastor fixed wedding 9am and burial 10am the same day and intend to attend both so that he won't miss offerings to a junior pastor.

Oh!
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by descarado: 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
The pastor is a sadist
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by zedegit: 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Obio4real:
A branch of Living Faith Church popularly known as Winners Chapel Church located at Youth Avenue in Uyo, Akwa State capital has refused to wed a couple who arrived the church at about 35 minutes behind schedule.

Sources told GRASSROOT REPORTERS that the marriage was scheduled for 9am but the couple arrived the church at about 9:35.

Despite the disappointment, the yet-to-be-identified couple took photographs outside the church.

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2022/07/church-refuses-to-wed-couple-in-akwa-ibom-over-lateness.html?amp=1

Were they knacking their brains out to forget it was their wedding day?
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by bukatyne(f): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
otomatic:

Some churches give the couple a marriage list of items to provide.
Some, you buy suits for the officiating pastors and their team.
You even power the generators for that occasion which will last the whole day.
They even collect church offerings and do launching of church projects during weddings.
Such churches can afford to wait because you have paid them and they will make money out of your event.
Winners Chapel does not collect shishi. Not diesel money, no church offering, no project launching, no list of things to give the church or pastors, nothing.
And they would have stressed this issue of punctuality and what the bride and her girls will wear during narriage classes.
People should learn to follow rules.

Let's assume the pastor had other business after an hour; the couple still have 25mins. The pastor should have joined them and other stuffs till the 25mins mark.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by descarado: 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
reececlark:
The church did the right thing but let's be frank, if the couple were major contributors in the church they would have waited for them.
How is this act right?

Some things can make one late.

It is their day.

We Nigerians are so heartless.
I have seen somebody that came late for a national exam outside Nigeria, he was still given the alloted time slot.
Or is it interview, name them. Allowances are always made for emergencies everywhere not to talk of wedding.
That's a sadist.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Govocrete: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
If the reason for being late may not be deliberate.

Guy you have taken pictures, take your baby go court after all from the church you will still go to registrar for the oath of marriage.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by descarado: 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
bukatyne:

Let's assume the pastor had other business after an hour; the couple still have 25mins. The pastor should have joined them and other stuffs till the 25mins mark.

The man is unbelievable!

A sadist shouldn't be a pastor.
Where is his humanity?
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by HeyHey(f): 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
WrittyWritter:
Winners don't play with time..that is why they say Winners time.. 9 am is 9 am.

If we have service by 9 am..by 8: 59.. "Hallelujah".. even if it is one person in the church grin

Winners wedding starts by 11am. It lasts for 1 hour . So if you come 35mins late wetin remain for them to do?, you had enough time to do everything you want but still came late

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by HeyHey(f): 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
bitbillionaire:

In as much as I don't support lateness, my question is: did the pastor warn the couple in advance, and let them know the implication of coming late? If the answer is no, I think what the pastor did is abuse of power.

It's their day for crying out loud! They must have spent so much money, energy and resources for the wedding of that day only for one power-drunk pastor to arbitrarily cancel it because of 35 minutes lateness!

35mins out of 1 hour
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by ponishah: 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
Blue3k:

Lol what a stupid response. After crying over this issue you dont have an answer to these simple questions. You people need to drop this childish entitlement mentality. Nobody owes you weirdos so you can't expect people to bend to your demands.

I asked you a simple and you are jumping up and down like an earthworm they dropped salt on
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Streett: 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
Toktee:
The way u sound sef no resembles a believer.

Make them go do traditional marriage and keep elders waiting.

So because say ah be believer make i con pour sand sand for person day of Joy because say dem dey 35mns behind schedule ? That is bad Christianity….. where is the TOLERANCE ? where is the LOVE ?? The Church na EVENT HALL?? Even if na event hall Atleast them pay for that full day so no issues even if dem late….

Talk true, If dem do you this thing for this economy you go happy?

Abi which kain shallow minded inconsiderate dirty believer patttern be that wan …

35mns lateness……..
I put it to You Elders would be 85% considerate because they know how important such Day is in a Man’s Life!

And Hey I’m a Christian ….. And I’m quite Logical

Ah no dey apply emotion anyhow…. And lastly I put it to You directly this time that if it were to be Otedola daughter’s marriage and dem late 2hrs that same pastor will never CANCEL..!!!

Discretion matters …..

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Blue3k(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
ponishah:

I asked you a simple and you are jumping up and down like an earthworm they dropped salt on

Lol I asked you questions first why don't u answer it? Follow your own advice instead of acting like a mumu.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by ponishah: 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
Blue3k:

Lol I asked you questions first why don't u answer it? Follow your own advice instead of acting like a mumu.

Now you have been properly diagnosed; you have schizophrenia, not acute, caused by over indulgence on abstract obsession as a result of serious PTSD.
Dont worry, see the sadist of a pastor that attempted to a remarriage of already married couple, he will deliver you.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Essien45: 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2022
I am surprised at some people's response here. Time is time.
I remember I went for a wedding in Taraba in a Living Faith Church the couple the bride who happens to be a friend came in 1 hour 35 minutes beyond schedule.
Choir sang for almost 45 minutes waiting for her then the pastor started the wedding proceeding without the bride and it was when it got to the part where they are to sign the register the bride was now rushed in.
Honestly, I just take vex travel dey go back to base. It was later I discovered it was because of a flemsy excuse that's why she came late and I overheard one of the elders complaining that they told them not to come late.

My generation should learn to keep to time.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Blue3k(m): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
ponishah:

Now you have been properly diagnosed; you have schizophrenia, not acute, caused by over indulgence on abstract obsession as a result of serious PTSD.
Dont worry, see the sadist of a pastor that attempted to a remarriage of already married couple, he will deliver you.

Lol how pathetic you're clearly projecting mental illness and running from the question again. The pastor didn't go to them the couple went to him as your first post noted. Your idiotic ramblings are getting unhinged. Since you have nothing to retort the conversation is over.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Fairbanks(m): 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
U see? I don't know what to compare d arrogance of nowadays pastors with, as if he has never offended God or never late to any important occasion and dem go dey do like deputy Jesus and forget they are mere servant of the Lord. And secondly, why should I even take my wife to church to marry when u can simply go to Registry and complete it with traditional right? Romans 6:16
( Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey...) I cant even make myself to obey any pastor except God let alone that the pastor that has billed me for money ,for food and other items for wedding in his church will now be doing gragra to me. At d end of d day the man brought home his wife which made no difference and d pastor lost the money and d offering.I salute the couple's courage joor.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by ASUGARUBA(m): 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
I did not blame the Church, I blamed the couple that agree to wed in Church. When your parents are the legal people to join you both and if you want certificate you go to registering which is recognize by government.

Church has no role to play in your marriage... Make una go Registry provided both family has come together in agreement.

Best wishes to you both
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by nsiba: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
Spirit247:

Did you know that the Reward for Evangelism is first reaped on Earth and then later in Heaven? Do you Know that when you Evangelize and win Souls into Eternal Kingdom of MESSIAH, you are doing yourself far more favour than you are doing for our CREATOR and for Heaven? Evangelism is the most Important and Loving Service that you can give to Humanity

Using myself as a typical Example: my earthly Father died just before I entered University. Things became so difficult in my 2nd Year in School that it eventually got me to become very paranoid and hard-hearted. While smoking at our usual joint, I told a School gang that I was with that we should go and rob Bank and get rich once and forall. They were too lilly-livered to follow my advice. All they do is only to use guns to terrorize Students in the University.

Few months later after then, Satan eventually arranged it for me to coincidentally enter Vehicle of Armed Robbers that were going for Operation. Actually, a man, a woman and I were searching for Vehicles. We stood by the Road side to get cheap Vehicle in Journey to our Destinations. As a Red Bus pulled over and stopped not far from us, the man and the woman rushed ahead of me trying to enter the Vehicle. As soon as they saw the faces of those in the Vehicle, they scampered backward and hurriedly walked away.

I got there too and saw like 10 guys with very red eyes and all in white attires. I smiled and hopped in immediately. They were shocked, they asked me some questions and I let them know I'm fully in. They hailed me and the Vehicle zoomed off. On the way to the Operation, their Leader suddenly stopped the Bus and said "They said we should not proceed" referring to the Demon Spirits that leads and Protect them. Another said he needs money urgently that they should go. As the argument ensured one suddenly turned back to look at me in far back seat and said "na because of this Strange Guy wey this Operation go backfire!" Suddenly all of them chorused that I should go down.

I started begging them, almost crying in explaining to them that this is the "wonderful Opportunity" which I have been looking for. The one beside me pulled out his gun and say "Get out!" I quickly rushed out of the Vehicle, they then vanished. That was the Day my CREATOR Saved me from becoming an Eternal Outcast from HIS Glorious Kingdom. We are all given that 2nd Chance, HE always stretches HIS Hand out to us by HIS unmerited Saving Grace, that still rejects it gets Eternally doomed and disconnected from HIS that put Breathe of Life into them. However, I was Still so foolish that I started frantically searching for any other Armed Robbery Group to join and also thinking of starting my own Robbery Squard in case I don't find quickly.

Finally, a Deeper Life Brother was alloted same room as me as a new Session soon started in the University. We were 4 roommates. This Brother relentlessly Preached to me that the major Purpose why we Humans are on Earth is to prove that nothing shall ever make us to turn our back against our CREATOR. He said only those that pass this Examination would be rewarded with Immortality from the One and Only SOURCE of Life that has sent HIS Son to show us HIS Faithfulness to those that shall live to Please HIM. Explained the Promised Eternal Life and Deep Love of our CREATOR to me, and I later Accepted MESSIAH as my LORD and OWNER irreversibly.

Imagine if that Deeper Life Brother didn't care since he is going to Heaven already by his Pure and Holy Heaven-compliant Lifestyle. By now, I would Probably have killed so many people, before finally being killed too. Who knows who and who would have fallen Victims to my brutal bullets. Even you reading this might have been 6ft below now as a Victim killed in one of my wickedly orchestrated operations in those days when I thought Life was all about making money at all cost. Don't ever think it was not possible because I and the highly demonic bloodthirsty Robbery Gang that I was also planning to put together would have been killing for fun in all our operations.

I was addicted to listening to Satanic Heavy Metal Rock Music and Violent Raps that Project killing as the best fun, so you can imagine how I metamorphozed from just fantasizibg with massive Daily killings, to actually taking the Practical Steps. I was desperate with a heart thats sees massive killings for money as fun beyond words. All Glory to the CREATOR of Humanity for the Brother who manifested True Love for Humanity by Preaching MESSIAH to me, the Deeper Life Brother indirectly saved the precious Lives that the devil would have taken through me.

If you, you, you and I daily do our own parts in massively winning Muslims into Eternal Kingdom of JESUS, BokoHaram, Jihadists and Religious Bumbers would soon be a thing of the Past. Evangelizing and Winning Souls is not just for Heaven to Rejoice, it is for your Children and mine to live in a Peaceful World of Love, Calm and Joyful Divine Serenity on Earth.

You just don't know the Heartless unprecedented inhumane Wickedness against Humanity which bloodthirsty Demons are fiercely grooming that your next door Neighbor for! For the sake of your Children and unborn Generation, you better throw aways your Senseless Ego and myopic self-destructive Pride and Preach to him/her/them! Before it becomes too late and you find your self to be the late.

Only myopic selfishness and self-centeredness Prevents most of we Christians from seeing the Bigger Picture. Preaching to those People in Vehicles, in your School, in your Office, in your Compound, etc. would go a long Way in making your World Saner, Peaceful and enjoyable. Your Evangelizing is germane Key to Heaven on Earth.* So, when you and I Evangelize daily, we, our Children and even your unborn Generation Reaps the Reward on Earth, and we still Receive Eternal Life as Reward when we get to the Judgement Throne which every Humanbeing shall surely face.

Let's Pray: I AM THAT I AM, our Eternal Heavenly FATHER, we Pray that YOU Grant us the Heart that shall only find Satisfaction in doing Your Assignment of daily Winning Souls into Your Eternal Kingdom in JESUS' Name!!!!!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/7232368/evangelism-ultimate-love-service-humanity

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by victorazy(m): 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
KristaPretty:
The height of indiscipline. If you check it may be the bride delaying with her nonsense makeup or eyelash

You no see as she no send, smiling and snapping.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Bigpat: 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
Was It enough?
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Waterbear(m): 8:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
What happens to forgiveness, patience, kindness and self control...

Even the gifts of the Spirit and the expected character of a Christian is lacking in the very same church that preaches it..

A union is ment to be the happiest day, you turned it into a sad day for them...

Shame on the church..
Shame on the pastor ...

You should learn to be more like Jesus you preach about .

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Iniobizy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
Nigerians don't understand the way things are done...So far as you have settled everything in traditional marriage and has blessed both by God and man, is there any need of you going to church to spend money....These are the things people don't understand they are copying western marriage system not knowing that they wasting their money....Take a look..., you've spent money on food on traditional and again waste money again on food and other things on white wedding... I know it's the woman that is the cause of this problems....
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Jokerman(m): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
otomatic:
The church has 1 hour for wedding events and you are coming 35 minutes late. Is it 15 minutes that they will use to wed you?
And you were well aware that the event will start at 10 till 11 am.
Abeg free the church jor. You are not disciplined?
So people who are officiating (which is free, by the way) will just suspend their itinerary for the day because of you? Do you know another place the pastor has to be at after that 1 hour?
Did the church ask you to provide the diesel they are using to power the occasion? So you will just use your indiscipline to overshoot their fuel budget.
We want a better society but nobody wants to play their part. We want everyone else to be better while we remain spoilt brats.

Pastor.... many of you still need to learn what the Lord Jesus Christ is about
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Jokerman(m): 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
WrittyWritter:

Did they say they will not join them together?..they will..but 35 mind late..not even 10 mins

Do you think the pastors don't have things to attend to�

Madam... reprimand them, then use another pastor to officiate the wedding... don't let people fall out of God line
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Jokerman(m): 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
[quote author=Bkdson2121 post=114818217]
You are the most u serious personality I have come across online, someone so indiscipline like the intended couple who are warned virtually in every of their counseling meetings about lateness, you boldly have the audicity to accused Can't something cause the lateness?? And if it does happen, why not fine or reprimand them, instead of outrightly stopping the wedding? You correct younglings in love
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Jokerman(m): 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
dadalicious:

Some of these write up do not tell you the whole story. Winners chapels most times do multiple weddings at same time. And the joining is done first before other wedding frivolities.the pastor cannot halt the service just because of one couple when other couples are present .

So why not shift their weddings to the last?
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by NessFortunate: 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
9jayes:

Naso, No need for white man wedding’s way
this na win win for the kinsmen. Make dem go hire one of this freelance mobility pastor. After all it is the people that make up the church no the building. Winks.
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by ekevwe(m): 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
Obio4real:
A branch of Living Faith Church popularly known as Winners Chapel Church located at Youth Avenue in Uyo, Akwa State capital has refused to wed a couple who arrived the church at about 35 minutes behind schedule.

Sources told GRASSROOT REPORTERS that the marriage was scheduled for 9am but the couple arrived the church at about 9:35.

Despite the disappointment, the yet-to-be-identified couple took photographs outside the church.

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2022/07/church-refuses-to-wed-couple-in-akwa-ibom-over-lateness.html?amp=1

You have done registering from local government court signed by all parents. You have done traditional marriage accepted by the elders in line with the custom and tradition of her village.

Bleep the church.

Who do us bad
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by otomatic(m): 9:16am On Jul 18, 2022
Jokerman:

Pastor.... many of you still need to learn what the Lord Jesus Christ is about

I'm not a pastor and never aspire to be one.
But I know Jesus was disciplined enough to flog and chase out the money changers in the temple.
Why didn't he just forgive them?
Re: Winners Chapel Refuses To Wed Couple In Akwa Ibom Over Lateness by Pacesetter2021: 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2022
[s][/s]
Mokason288:
Fine couple grin

I’m sure the pastor is jealous of them

2015 Dominion Church Resident Pastor in Asaba was Mad and Furious at my brother for getting married to a girl from Christ Embassy Church

Imagine if my brother and his wife were just a minute late

A lot of pastors are mentally unstable
jealous for what reason exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Clergyman Flogs His Members On Their Butt During Church Service (Photo, Video) / "Dead Boy Resurrects At Lord's Chosen Charismatic Ministries" - Member Claims / Winners' Chapel Broadcasting Network On Satellite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.