Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,795 members, 7,905,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:24 PM

See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. (5296 Views)

How Egypt Order Nigerian Students To Return To Back Sudan For Misconduct 5 / Tinubu Sets The Pace With His BBC Interview - Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah / Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by techWriter3: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2022
And Nigeria officials not busy stealing and milking the country dry
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by ysth(m): 8:49am On Jul 21, 2022
tctrills:

Building useless projects with borrowed money. Don't envy them.
So you mean the harbour and industrial cities are useless projects? Please educate me further

2 Likes

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by ysth(m): 8:55am On Jul 21, 2022
tctrills:

Just because Nigeria is a failed state does not mean that building cities in the middle of the desert with borrowed funds is the right way to go.
My aim was not to compare Nigeria with Egypt. It seems you totally missed my point.
You made no sense at all. Dont you know building new cities create jobs both formal and informal, create a robust housing market, attracts foreign investment in terms of capital investment in construction and technology. So why is lagos building a new city on reclaimed land, why dont they just demolish ikeja and start building afresh? Even Dubai in a desert has a flourishing city talk more of Egypt which can create canals and artificial rivers to the new cities for agriculture and greenery. Omo na 21st century we dey, stop thinking like an old man or a dunce.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by esther36: 9:11am On Jul 21, 2022
And somebody somewhere wants to turns his own People to Agbado and cassava eatersAnd also to Under paid military menAnd somebody somewhere wants to turns his own People to Agbado and cassava eatersAnd also to Under paid military men...

1 Like

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by SaiOba: 9:12am On Jul 21, 2022
Please and please educate us on what you did with your own borrowed funds since your right thinking head thought theirs as USELESS
tctrills:

2 Likes

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by Xfemt(m): 9:14am On Jul 21, 2022
Pacesetterz:

I think you’re right rather we should envy ur useless Fa.ther who borrowed money to fund his useless girlfriends and concubines project in prostitution.
don’t mind the fool
Like what Peter Obi said

Their is nothing wrong in borrowing but the thing is use it for what it meant for
Not borrow and waste it and start crying foul

As big as china
They are the biggest debtors as of now follow by America but all money borrowed are used extensively

Make god punish all this tinubu urchins

1 Like

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by RealTalkNoBull: 9:17am On Jul 21, 2022
Built2last:
To everyone who’s wondering what is exactly going on in Egypt ?

This what is going on , a whole new country is under construction, more than $20 trillion for mega projects until 2050

-56 new Air port
-40,000 km new highways
-Reclamation of 15 million new acres
-7 New Capitals
-3800 KM of new Speed Railway
-40 new 4G City
-12 new Harbor
-28 new industrial cities

What egypt did in the last 7 years was only the beginning .. the pharaoh is back , let the world see how Africa will shine again

Source: African Facts Zone
Let’s see how close to this development Anambra was under Peter Obi.
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by tctrills: 9:18am On Jul 21, 2022
SaiOba:
Please and please educate us on what you did with your own borrowed funds since your right thinking head thought theirs as USELESS
Egypt is a very poor country. Mention one poor country that pulled itself out of poverty through borrowing for capital project.
Argentina is yet to recover. Brazil was thrown in to mess, Bangladesh and Pakistan are two other examples. India tried it and failed.
Real growth has always come from private sector injection of wealth like we see in China, Dubai and Singapore.
What Egypt is doing has been attempted many times before and it always fails.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by tctrills: 9:23am On Jul 21, 2022
ysth:

You made no sense at all. Dont you know building new cities create jobs both formal and informal, create a robust housing market, attracts foreign investment in terms of capital investment in construction and technology. So why is lagos building a new city on reclaimed land, why dont they just demolish ikeja and start building afresh? Even Dubai in a desert has a flourishing city talk more of Egypt which can create canals and artificial rivers to the new cities for agriculture and greenery. Omo na 21st century we dey, stop thinking like an old man or a dunce.
You brought up many good point that I would have addressed and probably educated you with history and economies but you began to insult now I see you as another educated tout.
Let's just we don't agree
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by SaiOba: 9:29am On Jul 21, 2022
Bro, what did your country Nigeria do with their own BORROWED funds? For the past years, we have been borrowing funds for infrastructural development just like Egypt and we can't even boost of any and you are here saying that that of the Egyptians are USELESS ? All this crap you just lettered down is just your excuse for NOT making good use of all the funds you have been borrowing and that's why you got absolutely NOTHING to show for it.
tctrills:

Egypt is a very poor country. Mention one poor country that pulled itself out of poverty through borrowing for capital project.
Argentina is yet to recover. Brazil was thrown in to mess, Bangladesh and Pakistan are two other examples. India tried it and failed.
Real growth has always come from private sector injection of wealth like we see in China, Dubai and Singapore.

2 Likes

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by tctrills: 9:31am On Jul 21, 2022
SaiOba:
Bro, what did your country Nigeria do with their own BORROWED funds? For the past years, we have been borrowing funds for infrastructural development just like Egypt and we can't even boost of any and you are here saying that that of the Egyptians are USELESS ? All this crap you just lettered down is just your excuse for NOT making good use of all the funds you have been borrowing and that's why you got absolutely NOTHING to show for it.
First I never claimed Nigeria is any better so you have no point. Also, you did not address any of the points I stated did you even read what I wrote?

1 Like

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by SaiOba: 9:36am On Jul 21, 2022
And oh, that it was attempted so many times before and failed was because of some very corrupt individuals and that my bro was exactly what happened to our country BORROWED funds and this government keeps borrowing.
tctrills:

1 Like

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by SaiOba: 9:37am On Jul 21, 2022
You DID NOT even answer the question I asked you.
tctrills:

First I never claimed Nigeria is any better so you have no point. Also, you did not address any of the points I stated did you even read what I wrote?

1 Like

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by SaiOba: 9:39am On Jul 21, 2022
Baba, all of dem na werey o.. they don't have our interest at heart at all..
leonidas93:
God shocked! Nigeria leaders should pity us nitori oloun! What is the point of embezzling funds meant for national development and sending them abroad to develope another man's country. I'm beginning to believe the black man is truly cursed cry
Meanwhile, I have very clean uk used hp Ellitebook 840 for sale at good rate just check my profile.
intel corei7, 2.9ghz processor, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd, keyboard light, 6hrs battery life, original charger, finger print sensor,
4usb, type c, hdmi, sim slot, etc
14 inches and in perfect working condition.

1 Like

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by SaiOba: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2022
Exactly Brotherly, that's what am saying. Not when you don't make good of its and you come out in the open to spite other people that has done far better.
Xfemt:
don’t mind the fool
Like what Peter Obi said

Their is nothing wrong in borrowing but the thing is use it for what it meant for
Not borrow and waste it and start crying foul

As big as china
They are the biggest debtors as of now follow by America but all money borrowed are used extensively

Make god punish all this tinubu urchins
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 21, 2022
SaiOba:
Baba, all of dem na werey o.. they don't have our interest at heart at all..

Our leaders are just too wicked. Today it's dubai and 10 years from now everyone will start trooping into Egypt forgetting that we can replicate same thing over here.

1 Like

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by tctrills: 9:49am On Jul 21, 2022
SaiOba:
You DID NOT even answer the question I asked you.
What did you ask?
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by FiremanX: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2022
tctrills:

I don't think ur brain is functioning
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by SaiOba: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2022
Gbam! And yet, most of us wanna remain where we are and keep recycling the same old wicked fools that lead this country to where she is today.. I tire for some people o.
leonidas93:

Our leaders are just too wicked. Today it's dubai and 10 years from now everyone will start trooping into Egypt forgetting that we can replicate same thing over here.

2 Likes

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by tctrills: 9:53am On Jul 21, 2022
SaiOba:
And oh, that it was attempted so many times before and failed was because of some very corrupt individuals and that my bro was exactly what happened to our country BORROWED funds and this government keeps borrowing.
Mansion a single poor nation that became rich from borrowing to fund infrastructure. Every single one fell into greater poverty. I suggested a better and more sustainable way, involving the private sector as we saw in Singapore and Dubai.

1 Like

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by Realist12: 10:00am On Jul 21, 2022
SmartPolician:

Oga, you cannot make anyone change their mind about Bola Tinubu overnight. That man has done his bit and deserves some rest at this time in his life.

Tinubu cannot withstand the pressure of Aso Rock. Buhari once confessed that he nearly ran away when he saw the enormous problems he had to tackle. Tinubu, just like Buhari, is no longer in his prime; he should be resting, not trying to pay his way through to the Villa.

You people must think that Aso Rock is a place where old people go on vacation. I don't understand why people who know Tinubu didn't ask him to support a younger candidate.

Buhari was enough lesson; I am personally tired of having a president whose handlers will be running the country because he's too frail to think, supervise things or take action. You people don't want to learn and want to foist the oldie on the rest of us just like you did with Buhari.

Lastly, federal ministry of works and housing can do those projects if they have a serious minister. Fashola is even doing it now, but his has much lower standard.
Tinubu isn't just a candidate , he's an institution with progressive mentees. Having Tinubu has the president means having a lot of other competent students like he had as a Lagos state governor. Atiku will fair better than Obi in this regard Obi will just be a Jonathan pro because he doesn't have loyalists hence he'd be clueless. Obi isn't a team worker from all his speeches he points that out , wonder why he was impeached at the state level?
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 21, 2022
SmartPolician:
Who cursed the black man? undecided
The WHITEMAN left Nigeria too early.
How can you introduce something new to a set of primitive people & abandone them right at the onset.? Who does that?
We were still in the woods when they left.
In Fact, only a few had seen light then & most of those few who had contacts with the whites died prematurely before they could instill such down to us. Nigeria is struggling terribly beyond imagination

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by T9ksy(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2022
ysth:

Omo na 21st century we dey, stop thinking like an old man or a dunce.

He is obviously, a dunce
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by yusluvad(m): 10:30am On Jul 21, 2022
Great development.
Please I need data abeg ooo.
Any little data will be appreciated. Thanks bosses.
MTN
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2022
Egypt is not Nigeria.

Our problem is not just leadership, but structure.

I will keep on saying it.

We need to either create another constitution which is relevant to our national reality or we amend the one we have.

Egypt has a powerful executive arm which is why things get done quickly. You can't compare it to our own FG where the NASS can hold the presidency to ransom just like Bukola Saraki once did.

If you like put Peter Obi there, Nigeria will remain backward until we change our political structure.

If we want to practise federalism, we should practise fiscal federalism similar to that of the United States, and if it is Parliamentary system, we should practise regional republicanism which we practised from 1963-1966.

Or we just mix up different systems like Rwanda, Egypt, and Singapore.

2 Likes

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by tctrills: 11:10am On Jul 21, 2022
FiremanX:
I don't think ur brain is functioning
Because I don't agree with you, my brain is not functioning. I don't blame you, It's ASUU's fault. If you had a smooth education, you would have learned how to make your point and address those that disagree with you.
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by FiremanX: 11:16am On Jul 21, 2022
tctrills:
Because I don't agree with you, my brain is not functioning. I don't blame you, It's ASUU's fault. If you had a smooth education, you would have learned how to make your point and address those that disagree with you.
Keep shut dude,,,u think everyone is a low thinking human like u,,,just look at how you are justifying nonsense which obviously means u lack basic education and have a low iq,,,,which educated person in his right sense will spew the balderdash u spewed?

u are a total disgrace to ur race
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by CSTRR: 11:18am On Jul 21, 2022
Most of this things happened in 7yrs under the mosi govt.

That man came in at the same time with Buhari.
Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by CSTRR: 11:20am On Jul 21, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
Egypt is not Nigeria.

Our problem is not just leadership, but structure.

I will keep on saying it.

We need to either create another constitution which is relevant to our national reality or we amend the one we have.

Egypt has a powerful executive arm which is why things get done quickly. You can't compare it to our own FG where the NASS can hold the presidency to ransom just like Bukola Saraki once did.

If you like put Peter Obi there, Nigeria will remain backward until we change our political structure.

If we want to practise federalism, we should practise fiscal federalism similar to that of the United States, and if it is Parliamentary system, we should practise regional republicanism which we practised from 1963-1966.

Or we just mix up different systems like Rwanda, Egypt, and Singapore.
The problem is corruption.
We are not electing credible people.

Even if we use the Egyptian system, the person in charge would use the opportunity to loot the country blind.

1 Like

Re: See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2022
Very impressive but Egypt has a largely cohesive people and culture. Nigeria does not and never will.

Only way Nigeria can achieve similar is with holistic and sincere restructuring that will lead to a modern and flexible form of regional rule that diminishes over-concentration of power in the federal government centre and in the hands of one single individual.

If we all take time to understand and agitate for regional governance, as existed in the past, then all regions of Nigeria can develop quickly and sustainably.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

25 Things You Probably Never Knew About Patience Jonathan / "8 Real Reasons Why 2015 Election Was Postponed" - Political Strategist / BREAKING!! "Nnamdi Kanu Will Unmask The Jubril From Sudan In November" - IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.